Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:21 AM   #1
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

Default Forum growth down 45%

The growth of the forum is down by 45% since December.. Theres a lot of important information contained within this forum, that is not given as much emphasis inside the walls of Camelot.

I got something like six thousand views on a video i posted on youtube.. and had them views in something like a week or two. I actually think i got that many by posting the video here.. but anyways, it worked. I'm just wondering, is there a way to get this forum some publicity. I feel like were standing at the fish market when we should be on a pedastel in times square.

With a site thats got over 13 million hits its striking that theres so few of them joining the forum.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:37 AM   #2
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Forum growth down 45%

With a site thats got over 13 million hits ...

I think 'hits' referes to all links on a page. So one page might be, well think of all the images and references on just one page. 13 million won't refer to visitors anyway imo. There are free tools online to check a site's performance for traffic, search words and so on, too, though reports are probably available in vBulletin to mods/admin. Karen has posted stats quite egularly, when people question the site traffic.

What's kind of funny is that this forum gets changed, e.g. at subscription time, when it's gathering steam (or whatever one might call it), maybe visitors. It's difficult to know what the forum ... wants! To share the information widely, or ... as a website it seems to work to opposite effect. It's had its share of cyber attacks it seems though, which for the information is probably a good sign.

Last edited by no caste; 04-06-2010 at 04:47 PM.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:07 AM   #3
FIIISH
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Forum growth down 45%

There was an influx after the subscription model was removed
and I think that has now leveled off.
FIIISH is offline   Reply With Quote