Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 11-18-2008, 11:52 PM   #1
historycircus

Question The Goodbye Thread / Options To stay

I have just read the post announcing Avalon's change to subscription, and like many here I will no longer be able to post when that change goes into effect. I understand the decision, and thank the Avalon PTB for the brief, yet worthwhile opportunity to engage others on the important issues that concern us all.

I started this thread to say goodbye to some of the good people here - friends I hope I see eventually on the other side - and for others who cannot subscribe to post their own fare-the-wells.

It has been fun, and you all be good.

Cheers
Old 11-19-2008, 12:02 AM   #2
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Default Re: The Goodbye Thread

If you cannot afford the minimal option of $1 per month, there will be other options available. Some members will gift in those who cannot pay. You could help out the project in some way. Just let us know ... post a Private Message to me or post here if you would like to find an option to stay.

The only limit is the lack of imagination to pursue solutions. We will do what is possible for those who want to stay.

For those who are leaving based on philosophical objections, without some income, Bill and Kerry will not be able to continue their work. This subscription fee is just one of many ideas, but others will take more time to implement.

Brainstorming ideas is encouraged. Please do not be disparaged or disparaging.

Karen

Last edited by Karen; 11-19-2008 at 07:33 AM.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:13 AM   #3
Ampgod
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Goodbye Thread

I propose PC be kept entirely separate form PA forum.
If you need money for your interviews/traveling and such then state that on PC.
If people don't give money for PC Interviews etc. support...then it shall stop.
Don’t make PA pay for PC’s lack of income.

This forum should remain, in my personal opinion, free and open to all.

Last edited by Ampgod; 11-19-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Ampgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:26 AM   #4
MAP
Avalon Senior Member

Location: click sing along with me =) ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn0bgdsCxXE
Default Re: The Goodbye Thread / Options To stay

can someone post a link to where they have announced they are now charging to belong to the site?
MAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:36 AM   #5
Reunite
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAP View Post
can someone post a link to where they have announced they are now charging to belong to the site?
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...2584#post82584
Reunite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:26 AM   #6
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

I don't work and go to school full time, supported by my parents. I walk everywhere and try to survive on a meal a day. My only money goes to food, and food alone. I treat myself to the occasional drink out at a bar or coffee shop when it comes to discussing philosophy. So unless someone 'gifts' me membership or this subscription does not come to manifestation, I shall leave. I am very adamant about all knowledge being open source and free, even though our current economical structure begs to differ. I understand Bill and Kerry are working out of their own pockets, however, in reference to times like these, I would put freedom of access [to information] over support of more and new information. I think Avalon alone has divulged more information than Bill and Kerry [with Project Camelot] have this fall alone (and I say that in the most positive respects) in terms of the information and networking I have gained from Project Avalon.

As I said in an earlier post, action and physical networking has surpassed that of the amassing of knowledge. We must begin to act versus standing and watching.

As with the ancient Chinese proverb, "To know and not to do, is not to know." This is the era that has recently falling upon us [with the sixth day of the Mayan calendar].

I honestly feel Bill and Kerry should stress donations and maybe have some kind of fundraiser. I think there are better options out there than this.

I feel I have gained sufficient ground with networking already, and can easily be on my way. However, I feel I will lose out on the sharing of my research and theoretical concepts. Hopefully, I can get someone to host me a website (as I recently did not renew mine due to finances, and something else that seemed more of a luxury than a necessity), which I might try to get through my university.

Namaste.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:39 AM   #7
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Gregor, I will put you on the list for a donated membership. I think everyone that wants to be included here can still have posting access. And yes, we will consider other options. Your ideas are noted, as will be the ideas that everyone here presents. Who wants
to organize a fund raiser?
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:00 AM   #8
Myra
Avalon Senior Member

Unhappy Re: The Goodbye Thread / Options To stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Gregor, I will put you on the list for a donated membership. I think everyone that wants to be included here can still have posting access. And yes, we will consider other options. Your ideas are noted, as will be the ideas that everyone here presents. Who wants
to organize a fund raiser?
Karen, please put me on a list for donated membership.

I too am unable to pay for a subscription albeit a small one. I am out of work and my husband, my daughter, and I are struggling and we have no assets to sell. We have been behind on utility bills and have yet to come up with the money to fix our car so we can have it smogged and registered, among other things etc. etc. I won't go on. I'm not trying to get sympathy, it just is what it is.
Myra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:22 AM   #9
Undooz
Avalon Senior Member

Stepping back and viewing this situation with a wider lens shows me that I've seen this before;
watched this kind of creative arc span from pertinent to banal on many projects of many different flavors.

The time it's taken to go from brilliant to consummate has varied but the rearing of the monetary horse
has seemingly throw nearly all the riders time and again.

The word 'subscription' is heavily loaded in the sense that it implies content released on a set schedule.
To be a 'member' of the body of offerings that Camelot and Avalon hold sounds far better than being a mere 'subscriber'.

A stark reminder that our words create worlds; choose them with care.

Having already begun to pull away from Avalon after the first few weeks of golden threads and drifting away from Camelot gradually
over the last few moons has given me the space in which to digest the wonderful things I've learned in that not so distant past.

Whatever paths you choose, the best to you always.

Undooz
Undooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:48 AM   #10
enacae
Avalon Senior Member

Well I hate to go, but I just can't pay anything right now. Good luck and God speed to Bill Ryan and Kerry Cassidy. Love ya!
enacae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:26 AM   #11
Deoxyan

asking for money is an error, period.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:05 AM   #12
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

This might sound kind of, well, I guess it doesn't matter how it sounds, but don't we have any wealthy members here? Can't somebody just throw in a large donation to help out those less fortunate! I know I would if I could, and if times were different, as in any other time but now, I'd throw in a few grand just to help and get that"feel good" feeling of knowing I helped out several thousand people! It doesn't matter if you agree with the subscription or not, the time to help is NOW so nobody has to leave.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:38 AM   #13
no caste

I am NOT in favour of a paid subscription. The magic of this forum is its openness, diversity, inclusiveness... It's helped me in many ways, so many interesting perspectives - if one went missing it would be a loss.

So, Kerry and Bill, I would rather you postpone a decision. Solicit donations on Camelot. See what happens. Given this stark choice today, I would donate at least an annual subscription or 2 there, right away.

If in a month you see that members here are all talk and no action (i.e. no money comes into Camelot), then so be it. We knew your realities and we made a choice about it, i.e. did nothing. I figure we can't complain, at that time.

As far as merchandising goes, I feel the world has enough of it already. The only exceptions for me are music and books, which can run rampant any time. I'll probably buy your eBook. Knowledge should be open source, a growth industry.

I repeat: I am NOT in favour of a paid subscription.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:47 AM   #14
crowmirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
This might sound kind of, well, I guess it doesn't matter how it sounds, but don't we have any wealthy members here? Can't somebody just throw in a large donation to help out those less fortunate! I know I would if I could, and if times were different, as in any other time but now, I'd throw in a few grand just to help and get that"feel good" feeling of knowing I helped out several thousand people! It doesn't matter if you agree with the subscription or not, the time to help is NOW so nobody has to leave.

as far as i know someone did offer to pay a whole years worth for everyone
and obviously it was turned down.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:52 AM   #15
Dominic
Avalon Senior Member

I am not going anywhere.

Spread the Love,

Not the fear.
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:04 PM   #16
Triaxis
Avalon Senior Member

I was never a big poster here - mainly just posted some positive comments if i felt too much negativity really, even as a member i pretty much just lurked.

My two cents worth.

I understand why Kerry and Bill are doing this and fair enough. But i think they should have levels of membership. Those that don't donate should still be able to access the networking section, those that do donate can access everywhere else.

I live in Australia so i am pretty much just a bemused spectator from afar to all this stuff going down, thus i probably don't need to network really.

But our brothers and sisters on the "front lines" in the US and the UK that are poor could probably could make use of the networking section. Why not give them access to that section for free?

Anyway, thanks for allowing us to continue to lurk, read and watch for free. You cannot offer a fairer deal than that.

All the best. See you on the other side

Triaxis
Triaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:21 AM   #17
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

Very few forums charge to post stuff. This will upset everything at the forum. Cut communication off with people. All that just for 30,000 extra a year. Doesn't seem worth it just give up the Australian Ark bunker or something.

Sell books or DVDs. T-shirts anything but charge people to communicate on here as communication is the most important thing.
Dean Plejaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:04 AM   #18
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Bill, Kerry & Moderators,

There is a deeper problem with paying that you may not have considered its that people will no longer know what they are buying, if, and I don't believe you can, guarantee that the amount of information and exchange on the forum will remain the same then I think its our first lesson in pulling together and helping others who cannot pay. I will pay for myself and 2 others. I have just lost my job but I can still afford that amount of money once a year. If I find I can't I'm in way bigger trouble and have a lot more problems than being able to post on an important forum :-)

So how will you solve the problem of people knowing what they are now buying, if you introduce this fee and I come on the forum to see one that only 1 person has posted that day what value will I get? Not being an oracle myself I can only offer my ideas but not mathematical genius, or years of scholarship on the bible, or insider information of UFO etc...... Do you follow?

Why don't you try the t-shirts first because not only is it a money maker but think what if I see someone I know or even don't know wearing one, I would go straight up to them and have a chat about what's going on. I would actually know that at the very least, whether we agree or not that we are both seekers and it could have a huge bi-product effect of enabling relationships. I am however not a person who is afraid for my life or anything so annonimity is not an issue, they know who I am or they don't, what will be will be..........

Any thoughts?

PS I will stand by the above mentioned offer for myself and 2 others.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:09 AM   #19
Donald
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Why don't you try the t-shirts first because not only is it a money maker but think what if I see someone I know or even don't know wearing one, I would go straight up to them and have a chat about what's going on.
I had a few ideas for slogans to be put in these t-shirts (in both french and english). I think I developped a good concept. I wanted to call this Ascension Clothing Company but I don't have the money to start that company (:

But Both Camelot and Avalon are welcome to these ideas. Here they are (imagine them on a t-shirt in front) :

1. Is Nibiru coming?
Est-ce que Nibiru s’en vient ?

2. Ce qui est en haut est comme ce qui est en bas.
Ce qui est en haut est comme ce qui est en bas. (to be translated)

3. Change your reality.
Changez votre réalité.

4. Reality is only what you believe it to be.
La réalité est seulement ce que vous croyez qu’elle est.

5. Where will you be on December 21st 2012?
Où serez-vous le 21 décembre 2012 ?

6. The aliens are coming! The aliens are coming!
Les extra-terrestres arrivent ! Les extra-terrestres arrivent !

7. Are you really there?
Êtes-vous vraiment là ?

8. Am I really here?
Suis-je vraiment ici ?

9. Dream yourself into a new reality.
Rêvez à une nouvelle réalité et plongez-y.

10. Love and light are powerful. Be both.
L’amour et la lumière sont puissants. Soyez les deux.

11. Leave the Bigfoot alone.
Laissez le Bigfoot tranquille.

12. Roswell, New-Mexico: What really happened?
Roswell, New-Mexico : Qu’est-ce qui est vraiment arrivé ?

13. Nothing is real but this t-shirt.
Rien n’est réel à part ce t-shirt.

14. Leave Nessie alone.
Laissez le monstre du Loch Ness tranquille.

15. We are therefore I am. I am therefore we are.
Nous sommes donc je suis. Je suis donc nous sommes.

16. Thoughts change reality. Think about it.
Les pensées changent la réalité. Pensez-y.

17. Do your own research.
Faîtes votre propre recherche.

And in the bacK :

http://www.divinecosmos.com

http://projectcamelot.org/index.html

http://projectavalon.net/

What do you think?

Donald
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:16 AM   #20
crowmirror

as above so below...

there done
Old 11-20-2008, 02:34 AM   #21
Donald
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowmirror View Post

as above so below...

there done
Thanks
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:38 AM   #22
crowmirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
Thanks
no problem

Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin

"We Are All Related"
Old 11-20-2008, 02:27 AM   #23
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Donald, that is great and you got several laughs out of me. I am so going to make the 2012 T-Shirt. It's too good! Those are things I could so sell at my school. They speak alot of truth.

With StClair's post, I will admit I am disappointed. I have become more disappointed with several of Project Camelot's interviewees lately as I use to resonate rather strongly with them but that has since changed [slowly].

It seems the forum on this issue is split rather decisively and I find it as futile as the New Agers and Christians going against each other. I will note that those who have stated the notion of 'principal' I feel are indeed all of the philosopher type. Many people cannot see past their viewpoint and truly understand what we are stating in terms of prinicipal, honor, and universal truths. The intangible (honor/principal) far outweighs the tangible (survival/access).

When I was in middle school, I remember looking up the code of chivalry, printing it out, and reading it many times. I had no bible as a kid, but I had this. It was one of the few things that resonated true with me. Heck, in the few years I've had MySpace, I've never changed the occupation from knight. It was not in terms of I wanted to be a hero, but the beliefs I held at the deep core of who I am.

I will state that many of these ideals still seem to be ahead of their times, but with that, time will tell. I will also reiterate this viewpoint in that I find it much MUCH more important in the times we have recently moved into (sixth day) that we network with each other and develop meaningful relationships rather than being presented with new information. I feel much more information can be divulged more rapidly amongst us, especially in person, eye to eye, and that we need to engage and act, versus sit and think.

Last edited by GregorArturo; 11-20-2008 at 02:29 AM.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:32 PM   #24
Donald
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorArturo View Post
Donald, that is great and you got several laughs out of me.
It seems you're the only one who thought that was funny. That's not a good sign when people can't laugh anymore. That's sad.

Maybe it's getting too serious around here.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:40 AM   #25
Nebula

Its interesting to see the different thought waves collide on this simple but important subject. Let's face it, we are human beings, therefore we will agree or disagree depending on our perception and situation. But the fact remains, Project Camelot/Avalon needs your help. I will take the middle ground and say this! ... forget the word subscription! Out of the goodnes of your being with love and gratitude, would you all please donate towards this endevour and lets all help each other!

Last edited by Nebula; 11-20-2008 at 03:43 AM.