Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default "We can eat to starve cancer"

One of my favorite presentations of the day was by Dr. William Li, a cancer researcher from the Angiogenesis Foundation. Angiogenesis means the growth of blood vessels.

Your body usually knows how to regulate the growth of blood vessels, but sometimes there are defects in blood growing and pruning. Too little angiogenesis can lead to things like wounds that won't heal, heart attack, and other diseases. Too much angiogenesis leads to other bad things such as blindness, arthritis. It's is a common denominator of many diseases. It's also the "hallmark of every type of cancer."

In autopsies of people who died in car accidents, doctors have found microscopic cancers in 40% of woman (breast) and 40% of men (prostate). Something like 70% of older people have microcancers in their thyroid. But the cancer is harmless -- "cancer without disease." If you block angiogenesis the cancer can't grow. "It's a tipping point between harmless cancer and deadly one."

Li showed a photo of a poor dog with gnarly tumor hanging off its side. The vet gave the dog three months to live. They started antiangiogenesis drugs. In a few weeks, the tumor shrank away completely. They also cured a dolphin of mouth cancer and saw a complete remission of a deadly lip cancer on a horse.

Today there 12 different antiangiogenesis drugs available for people and dogs. They are quite effective for many cancers, but not much for liver, lung, and breast cancers. The problem with these cancers is that by the time they are detected they have progressed too far for antiangiogenesis drugs to do their work.

The good news, Li says, is that "we eat to starve cancer." Lots of foods contain naturally occuring inhibitors of angiogenesis, and many are even better than drugs for blocking angiogenesis (see image above). Angiogenesis also plays a huge role in obesity. "Adipose tissue is highly angiogenesis-dependent." You can cycle the weight of mice by inhibiting and promoting angiogenesis. "We can't create supermodel mice -- it takes them to normal weight."

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/02/10...-from-ted.html
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: "We can eat to starve cancer"

I, agree 100% Dan.....

Trooly,

Tango
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #3
K626
Avalon Senior Member

Dark Choc is the best.
K626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #4
Swanny
I dont need a label !

My Mum died from cancer, if I knew what I know now I'm sure I could have saved her
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:06 PM   #5
Greetings
Avalon Senior Member

Awesome!!

2010.. the year cancer was wiped from Earth!
Greetings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:52 PM   #6
Bilko
Avalon Senior Member

Dan the man with the master plan!
Is that you?
anyway, i sent you a mail via your youtube account if it is.
If not, here goes...
http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/398.html
Bilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:57 PM   #7
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Dantheman, glad to see this list includes wine! And licorice I get in my Yogi Teas! Seriously except for kale, lavender and sea cucumber I am using and eating all the others.

Question: how do you include lavender in your diet. I have some in the garden so that would be useful information.
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:59 PM   #8
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Basically if you eat good, you know, go for the most nutritious stuff, and basically broaden your pallet and try everything, other than McDonalds, its more than likely you'll avoid cancers, especially if you're fitness is good too.

The foods listed in the OP are by no means the only anti cancerous agents, but it's a good start for people who don't know.
Like Parsley, now that stuff is addictive.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #9
conkroach
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower View Post
Hi Dantheman, glad to see this list includes wine! And licorice I get in my Yogi Teas! Seriously except for kale, lavender and sea cucumber I am using and eating all the others.

Question: how do you include lavender in your diet. I have some in the garden so that would be useful information.
You inhale the aroma. There is energy in the scent. Aroma therapy works.

Also, when fighting cancer it is imperative that you abstain from all sugar! Sugar fuels cancer! That's why the baking soda and maple syrup concoction works. The sugary syrup is the trojan horse for the baking soda. The cancer cells see the sugar and eat it up, all the while the bonded baking soda is being carried into the cancer cell to kill it.

If you really want to know (I'm likely preaching to the choir) the truth about our bodies and how they operate, see the story on Royal Rife. Google "Royal Rife". This man CURED cancer back in the 1930s. He blasted the cancer with particular frequencies, killing them dead. His machine worked!
conkroach is offline   Reply With Quote