Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 11-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Near-death experiences are real and we have the proof, say scientists nov 11th

http://www.newsmonster.co.uk/paranor...cientists.html
Paranormal & Unexplained,
Written by Danny Penman
Jeanette Atkinson is surprisingly relaxed about the time she died and went to the edge of heaven.

“I do not want to die again in the near future because I still have too much to do,” she says. “But I have no fear of death.

“People see the pain and suffering of dying and equate that with death - but they’re not the same. Death is the progression of life.”

Jeanette, a 43-year-old student nurse from Eastbourne, had a near-death experience in 1979 when she was just 18-years-old. It was triggered when a blood clot in her leg broke up into seven pieces and clogged the main vessels in her lungs, starving her body of oxygen. The doctors were certain that she would die. She did – but then returned to tell the tale.

“The first thing I noticed was that the world changed,” says Jeanette. “The light became softer but clearer. Suddenly there was no pain. All I could see was my body from the chest downwards and I noticed that the time was 9:00pm.

“In an instant I found myself looking at the ceiling. It was only a few inches away. I remember thinking it was about time they cleaned the dust from the striplights!

“I then went on a little journey around the ward and along the corridor to see what the nurses were up to. One was writing on a notepad. It never occurred to me that I was dying. It was a lovely experience and very, very serene.”

Jeanette then began the journey that many others before her have reported – being drawn into a long dark tunnel suffused with light. “Everything went fuzzy,” she says. “I found myself being drawn into a tunnel shaped like a corkscrew.

“All I wanted to do was reach the beautiful lights at the bottom. The longing was so powerful but so gentle. I knew I desperately wanted to be there. But then a voice bellowed at me: ‘Come on you silly old cow it’s not your time yet!’

“I then shot back into my body – it’s all a little unclear – all I can say is that I remember seeing the clock again and it was 9:20pm. The next thing I was aware of was waking up a few days later, surrounded by equipment and feeling terrible. Later on I realised that the voice I’d heard was my grandmother’s. She’d died when I was three years old.”

For decades near-death experiences like Jeanette’s have been written off as delusions by scientists. They are dismissed as no more than the last twitches of a dying brain. Modern science has no place for mysticism and the paranormal. But now a group of British researchers are challenging the scientific establishment by launching a major study into near-death experiences. They hope to settle once and for all the question of whether there truly is life after death.
cont.on link above.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:07 PM   #2
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Near-death experiences are real and we have the proof, say scientists nov 11th

hi there mate. I have had a similar experience but i was asleep at the time. It was very quick but amazing and i can still remember it now. I became aware of traveling along a blue swirling tunnel with white streaks. I felt comfortable with this and it felt normal - like i had done this before. I approached a distant light and then opened my eyes. When you normally wake up you stretch, move sluggishly etc but on this occasion i just opened my eyes and felt 100% awake.

Macros
macrostheblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:44 PM   #3
Worlds Beyond 2

Default Re: Near-death experiences are real and we have the proof, say scientists nov 11th

NDE's are proving to be an increasingly hot topic amongst the medical profession too, some UK hospitals are coordinating tests and several prominent Doc's have already 'admitted' that NDE's seem to be real...

I posted about my own NDE (21 years ago) in another thread.. but suffice to say, it is a clear as if it happened this morning, and stays with me every day of my life!

There's an NDE website somewhere, where people all over world can record their NDE experiences.. I can't find the link right now, but I will have a browse tomorrow and see if I can find it for you.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:05 AM   #4
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Near-death experiences are real and we have the proof, say scientists nov 11th

I believe 100% in NDE's and incarnation and have no fear of dying what so ever, and two people who helped are Dannion Brinkley and Dolores Cannon.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:57 AM   #5
LiquidSwordz
Avalon Senior Member

"a group of British researchers are challenging the scientific establishment by launching a major study into near-death experiences"

LOL, i wonder who the hell is going to volunteer for this project! GODD LUCK!!
LiquidSwordz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:59 AM   #6
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSwordz View Post
"a group of British researchers are challenging the scientific establishment by launching a major study into near-death experiences"

LOL, i wonder who the hell is going to volunteer for this project! GODD LUCK!!
Yeah i didn't think of it that way!!lol.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:33 AM   #7
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

i had 3 of them,
and, they are definitely very real

esp. when your heart starts up again

and, you see that, sea shell shape / or golden mean ratio
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:33 AM   #8
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

Science and religion will merge when we learn more about NDE's. Testimonials of people who have "crossed over" and returned are getting more attention now, than in the past. Experiments have been conducted, such as putting messages in places where they would otherwise not be seen, for instance, on top of shelves and equipment where they can not be seen from the floor. As the 'spirit' rises up...the messages reveal themselves, and people have actually "come back" and relayed the messages that were otherwise hidden from view.

I have to wonder if the "tunnel" visions are a result of the brain producing DMT while near death...altering consciousness momentarily. Perhaps in an effort to relieve suffering? Or, maybe that (DMT) and other chemicals are required to "access" the other side. It's all very interesting.

In any case, it's good to see the ridged scientific minds opening up a bit.
Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote