Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 12-08-2008, 08:11 AM   #26
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: soul mate

I met my soulmate. Totally unexpectedly. The whole experience was incredible. I knew about the science of soulmates and he didnt. He kept looking at my eyes and saying "I know, those eyes, I know them. We mirrored each other in so many ways,eg He sings Irish music and loves opera. I love Irish music and sing opera. We both experienced the loss of children at age eleven. His son,my daughter. We both danced flamenco. Possibly the strangest mirror effect was when he asked me about a scar I have on my left hand. I told him it was from cutting meat with the knife toward me. He then showed me his right hand with the same scar and said "So was I" Another realization is that once one mets their soulmate, no one else will do. Love is born that is all incompassing, eternal.
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:14 AM   #27
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

where there is freedom of love, souls will gather and find each other, whether they be mates, companions, friends ...

when we allow for freedom of who we are on a deeper level, souls will find one another

when we know who we really are within ourselves, we have placed the road map to our souls within the universe ... others will find us

Love one another,
but make not a bond of love:
let it rather be a moving sea
between the shores of your souls.

Sing and dance together and be joyous,
but let each one of you be alone,
as the strings of a flute are alone
though they quiver with the same music.

Stand together yet not too near together:
for the pillars of the temple stand apart,
and the oak tree and the cypress
grow not in each other’s shadow.
-- Kahlil Gibran

peace to all souls ...
futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #28
Marian-Librarian
Project Avalon Researcher

Thank you all ......for your thoughts....
EnDJoy.....

I am a happy,loving and well grounded woman who is not desperate at all...
I find it interesting that you seem to know me? <gentle smile> Have we met? I think not...LOL...I would never insult you...especially having not met you <g>...nor would I in real life, as I am not that kind of person, either......

I posted this knowing that it would bring great discussion among some of you...and perhaps some negativity, but I am a big girl..lol........but mostly it was posted for those who seek and don" t understand why they seek, perhaps to give some food for thought. We are what we create..in thought word and by deed.....My life is only an example of what life can be...and is for me.....a new/old way of thinking.....

We indeed are complete within ourselves, and indeed there are many types of love in this life....I was speaking only of one type....

Thanks to all who have posted...it is so good to see all of the different thoughts on this subject! I look forward to hearing more thoughts on this and a lively discussion! After all, LOVE is a most important subject, is it not?

Peace to all.
Love to all.
Namaste.
Marian-Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:59 PM   #29
jazzgad
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you Carmen and again Marian and Tez for amazing stories
And those who feel that to met our soul mate is to make contact
With our eternal soul that also make some sense ,even those
Who lash out on those concepts there are telling their story
And it is true story for them mirrored partner in this reality or other does not exist for them .
And it is so .In any rate I find this sharing inspiring love and light for you all

jazzgad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #30
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marian-Librarian View Post
Thank you all ......for your thoughts....
EnDJoy.....

I am a happy,loving and well grounded woman who is not desperate at all...
I find it interesting that you seem to know me? <gentle smile> Have we met? I think not...LOL...I would never insult you...especially having not met you <g>...nor would I in real life, as I am not that kind of person, either......

I posted this knowing that it would bring great discussion among some of you...and perhaps some negativity, but I am a big girl..lol........but mostly it was posted for those who seek and don" t understand why they seek, perhaps to give some food for thought. We are what we create..in thought word and by deed.....My life is only an example of what life can be...and is for me.....a new/old way of thinking.....

We indeed are complete within ourselves, and indeed there are many types of love in this life....I was speaking only of one type....

Thanks to all who have posted...it is so good to see all of the different thoughts on this subject! I look forward to hearing more thoughts on this and a lively discussion! After all, LOVE is a most important subject, is it not?

Peace to all.
Love to all.
Namaste.

marian-librarian ...

you know yourself deeper than many know of their selves still only on their surface

you do not seek externally for your fulfillment, your knowing is that you are complete within yourself, you are not one to "need" another to experience your own wholeness and divinity

isn't it lovely that from knowing your truth as you do the universe has connected you with your soul mate, connection to enhance and deepen your purpose ... and his

lovely

i know, i do not know you and we have not met but your energy speaks your truth, i simply listened

love n light
carpe diem

futureyes
futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:27 PM   #31
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

why would anyone have a challenge
with someone meeting their soul mate ???

i think that is a beautiful thing,
and, it is wonderful that many people
are making amasing connectionS
through avalon/and, through camelot

i think, it is all "good work"
just as,
you both likely, pre_natally intended to do
how very eXciting

love
susan
the eXchanger

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 12-08-2008 at 07:06 PM.
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:11 PM   #32
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I feel that there is no such thing as a soulmate.

I feel no true connection to anyone. I feel no true connection to this world but yet, I am here.

I think that I will be fine even if I never connect with people in the way that I wish to and strive to.
When you find out what it is you came here to do, then you will find that connection and it will be with everybody.

In my own experience life has been very difficult. And the most difficult aspects have been relationships with other people. But as soon as I get 'Back on Track' by helping other people my life completely changes. The way people look at me changes, the way we communicate changes and the way I feel changes. Its too much of a difference to be merely coincidence.

Its a though there is something enticing me to help other people. If i dont help others, my life will manifest in such a way that i end up depressed and numb, lacking any kind of connection with other people.

The highest reward on this planet is the connections we make with others, what better way to entice someone then to dangle a carrot of wonderful relationships in front of their nose.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:42 PM   #33
Emman
Avalon Senior Member

I have never resonated with the term soul mate. If we are ONE in the final analysis, then why would there be a singular soul that is the one for you? Does that not imply separation? Separation is illusion. Someone posted that we are all soul mates in a previous post above. I concur with that.

I would agree that there are certain people in our lives that we interact with whom we may resonate on such a profound level that it would seem to be a perfect fit for one another, thus a soul mate. If that is what a soul mate is then fine. I would call it more like the right person for this moment in time/space for whatever purpose or reason that brings a couple together to serve the best interests of each other and their higher selves. To me the term soul mate or whatever one would call it is more a matter of semantics.
Emman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:17 PM   #34
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

sometimes the hottest love, has the coolest end

sometimes the hottest exchanges on line,
have no warmth to them in real time

sometimes what we initially think/or thought
about someone in the beginning...
and, with the distance that separates two people,
that, interest disappears,

(a lot of people have time for others,
2-3 minute emails at a time-but, really do NOT have
any real time for another)

also--some people, send 3-4-5 people the same emails
(and, while you think, you are the exclusive one,
you are simply one in a sea of many)

and, then when you actually meet that person,
they are NOT at all what you expected them to be
(lots of people show pictures of themselves
25 years ago - and, is that, really who they are today???)

sometimes,
it is easy to send emails back and, forth
as, another person,
is utilising what you have sent
and, is simply sending you back
an extended mirror of "your"email
just slightly polished,
and, they send it back to you
and, you think you actually have something in common
with this person--when you do NOT

so, sometimes,
you actually get fooled,
into falling in love with yourself,
and, when you actually meet the person,
they are NOT even close,
to what you imagined they would be

energetically, since, we are all sharing this planet
to some degree/or another,
we are all having relationships,
with one another

i've often found - or, at least my own experiences

is that you give another enough rope to hang themselves,
generally, they do

although, i have to admit,
since this posting board has opened up,
i have meet some pretty interesting people
(both men/and, women)
since, i started to post on this site

love/susan
the eXchanger
Old 12-09-2008, 08:56 AM   #35
Tez
Retired Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENdJOY View Post
If you ask me you are also delusional...and after fifty years, no doubt, desperate...

I don't say that to be mean...and I wish you the best in this relationship...but most likely is you have "memory" of a "past-life" relationship which you cherished, guaranteed this person is not the same person in the now, his life experience would not be the same, and he will not live up to your expectations...and you wil not find yourself progressing because you are clinging to the past instead of moving forward.

looking outside yourself for fulfillment, satisfaction and wholeness is not spiritually progressive...your true "soul-mate" dwells within you, waiting for you to recognize it is what will make you whole.
I would not say delusional, nor desperate. These comments you make appear to be from one who has not experienced this aspect in their life, has not found their own true mate, and who also appears to be very un-spiritual in passing judgement when the people they question are not known to them.

Everybody has their own opinions, and no-one can conceivably form a valid opinion of another when they have not had that same unquestionable experience themselves..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder
…… I feel it is a scarey expectation for a girl to expect me to complete her, make her happy 100% of the time, etc. In reality, nobody is going to rescue you, or complete you - you have to do this for yourself. …….
If that person was to expect you to complete her, she is not really your soul-mate anyway, and is so one sided, you have to in essence complete each other, without expectations,

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureyes
where there is freedom of love, souls will gather and find each other, whether they be mates, companions, friends ...

when we allow for freedom of who we are on a deeper level, souls will find one another

when we know who we really are within ourselves, we have placed the road map to our souls within the universe ... others will find us

and

………….isn't it lovely that from knowing your truth as you do the universe has connected you with your soul mate, connection to enhance and deepen your purpose ... and his……………
What a truly great way of putting it, Thankyou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger
i think that is a beautiful thing,
and, it is wonderful that many people
are making amasing connectionS
through avalon/and, through Camelot
Yes Susan, and as you also said about there being so many who are false in what they say and do, and so really the actions of some may very well become the label for the rest who are honest in their intentions – those seeking with a purity of heart.

I communicate daily by any and all means and forms of communication available to me.
Also, I would not expect anybody who has not found their soul-mate to understand those who have, it really is something special to behold.

Love and Peace to All
Tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:25 AM   #36
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Thx for the warning, I partially agree with what you say Susan, and I know it does happen, but I think that applies more to when you are actively searching for someone on maybe a dating site. But when you without looking stumble across someone on a forum full of like minded people who is everything you could have wished for, and everthing falls into place then I think there is something else going on.
People do meet in the strangest of places and situations, destiny works.

I never understand why people would lie about themselves, what's the point??
How do you explain your 5'6" when you told someone you were 6'2" tall
I have been totally honest and open with my girl
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #37
Mystic Pilgrim
Avalon Senior Member

We are ALL in a way “soulmates” to a common goal here in Project Avalon. As EtherealSea has said, “it is not by chance that we are all here”. We are all working for the same common good – the future of a planet in peril.

It is also possible that in the search for that goodness, we meet others of like-minded inclinations and spiritually. How wonderful that out of a forum that was formed to prepare us for the end-times, we meet our match and perhaps, our companion in making that transition to a better and much brighter world.

Thank you Marian-Librarian, Tez and Carmen for such wonderful sharings. Good luck to you Swanny for meeting your soulmate next year! Although I haven’t found my twin soul yet, I do have “soulmates” here in Project Avalon who share with me my ideas, beliefs, fears and hopes. Suddenly, the future doesn’t seem so bleak.
Mystic Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #38
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

i shall command/and,
demand for mine to put in his appearance
i have made a cup of coffee
and, i hope it doesn't get cold
since, i do NOT kiss and tell
none of you will know, if he appears

ahh--it's a good thing for dreaming
(i do get quite lucky there)

love/susan
the eXchanger
Old 12-10-2008, 07:52 PM   #39
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureyes View Post

Love one another,
but make not a bond of love:
let it rather be a moving sea
between the shores of your souls.

Sing and dance together and be joyous,
but let each one of you be alone,
as the strings of a flute are alone
though they quiver with the same music.

Stand together yet not too near together:
for the pillars of the temple stand apart,
and the oak tree and the cypress
grow not in each other’s shadow.
-- Kahlil Gibran

peace to all souls ...

Beautifully said.
I agree, when the definitions of love that we cling to are finally let go, we'll stand face to face with that which we are, in truth.
Thank you futureeyes.
CW
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:29 PM   #40
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

think Eckhart Tolle said in "The Power of Now. "Relationships are not there to make you happy at this time, they are there to disolve your ego." " You will learn more from 3 failed relationships than spending 3 years on a desert island"
He then went on to talk of enlightened relationships where the love is profound -- rather that ownership ie Yoy promised to make me happy and you dident.
I have found that some past relationships grew me and I give thanks for that.
Fortunately I am still friends with my 3 exs.

However I do believe in the concept of "Twin flames". -- the "original - first partner unites with you again and you become as one after perhaps many life times."

Perhaps Im just a born romantic.

had some time on my own --I dident like it, not doing that again

Much love may you all find yours if you havent allready.

Chris XXX
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #41
crazycharlie
Avalon Senior Member

Great Thread ...
I am in the process of ending a 30 year relationship.
( Not Married )
I have went to many psychics over the last thirty
years, this last fall two of them said I have marriage
in the cards. That has never come up before.
2009 sounds good to me !
crazycharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:12 PM   #42
Dadrious
Avalon Senior Member

"Zeus gathered the gods in council to express his concern that these unusual creatures would one day challenge their hegemony. He was loathe to exterminate them with his thunderbolts, though, because there would be no one to bring the gods offerings. He solved the problem by putting each creature into a trance and then splitting it down the middle…Upon awakening, each half only dimly remembered what it had been prior to being cleft in two. Zeus explained to the assembled gods and goddesses the cleverness of his scheme. These creatures would no longer pose a threat to the gods, because they would dissipate their considerable energy by spending the rest of their days searching for their missing halves" - Leonard Schlain (recounting Plato's Symposium account)
Dadrious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #43
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

We do not 'need' our soulmate, for they are always with us spiritually, psychicly. My experience was that of my male half joining me in my heart. I was then balanced in my beingness . I felt as much male as female eg stronger, more decisive, more complete. And the 'need' for sex was completely gone. Especially the basement variety. At the same time I had a deep yearning for wholebody connection with my soulmate. My marriage fell away. My husband left and my energy soared. We are still very good friends and are still married on paper which confuses the hell out of those in the old conciousness of good/bad hes right shes wrong. We both laugh about that. My former mate was my greatest teacher and I his.
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #44
Swanny
I dont need a label !

In UK the wife or husband is called "The other half"
Old 12-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #45
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

At our present level of evolution for society as a whole, the need and desire for both sexes is self evident. There is no doubt that many people feel the ultimate happiness can be found in such relationships.

However, for starseeds that have incarnated here for the purpose of helping the planet, many will tend to prefer to be alone and not take a chance in getting caught in the karma of relationships and to focus on their mission. Also with spiritual development, the happiness that one can get with such relationship can be evolved to one that is based on the relationship with life in its larger context where there is an awareness of interaction with all of life. The relationship may not be as intense, but the duration is much longer, essentially being always present; it is one where you are never alone and happiness and contentment is always there,not dependent on another being.

One example of a whole society existing at this level would be a race of hermaphrodites. This would only be possible when the beings evolve to a point where they control their DNA since the imperfection of our DNAs is a prime reason for co-creation with 2 sexes. Here is an e-book on such an evolved ET society:

http://books.google.ca/books?id=MCuM...bnail#PPA27,M1
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #46
Marian-Librarian
Project Avalon Researcher

Dadrious-
Thank you for posting that...interesting. Somehow in my classical education I missed that one, so much thanks. Will be interesting to know what comes when we have united and challenge Zeus once again...makes one think, indeed....

Greybeard....Yes, Tolle is a good one isn't he? I had never heard of twin flames until this year...it is indeed a wonder...a wonder...more than I could ever explain....

There is another good book on the types of love that I read long ago in college...it escapes me...but talks about types (not stages) of love...
Eros, Agape..ah it will come..classic book in psychology...

Futureyes-
Ah yes, had forgotten about Siddhartha and Gabran....thank you for reminding me...

Also anything by Rumi is quite intersting...

Mulder-
I will have to PM you privately....you do not have to complete someone, as you can't...only when you are complete yourself, and know yourself, can you truly love and give unconditionally....and it so very joyful... very joyful indeed.

And to those who have PM'd me privately...love and peace to you on your journey towards one another....

Such a wonderful thread...love is indeed an amazing thing...

Love to all of you...
Namaste! Namaste!

(kisses of white light mixed with Pixie dust)
Marian-Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:15 PM   #47
LiquidSwordz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgad View Post
there is interesting blog by Ellie Crystal and this topic haunts me all my life
I see now illusion of romantic love as a one of many ways that society control us to start family and procreate so our children could be food cannon in future wars but what about what Ellie calls help by our soul mate in finishing our spiritual work ,what you guys think ?
the reason I ask is that I m in great relationship easy and stress free but
soul mate she is not ,more like best friend .

the other topic I want to touch is ,this is very enlightened compared to general population crowd ,but most posts are about surviving those great
earth changes when my intuitive feeling and Ellie talks about it all the time also is that this time is for closure and transcendence while serving others in those difficult times ,not so much survive at all cost .

Sorry, im not too sure about this one. If a girl is not willing to accept my porn collection, she is not a soul mate. SOUL MATES is just an illusion. Its all biological chemistry, and that is all. All biological chemistry. For us men, soul mate just means another word for our new MOTHERS.

Plus, isn't it kind of ignorant/selfish to search for a soul mate, and walk to the end of the world with them? ignoring everything else in life. The starvation, famine, disease, and destruction of our planet.
LiquidSwordz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:32 PM   #48
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
In UK the wife or husband is called "The other half"
ahh, my other half
iS with the wrong other half -- that must be it !!!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:40 PM   #49
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSwordz View Post

Plus, isn't it kind of ignorant/selfish to search for a soul mate, and walk to the end of the world with them? ignoring everything else in life. The starvation, famine, disease, and destruction of our planet.
Too bloody right
Old 12-10-2008, 10:51 PM   #50
becky
Avalon Senior Member

You are God. I am God. We are God. Your thoughts create things. If you would like a soul mate, write them into your story. Then, believe that YOU ARE GOD, and your soul mate will arrive as you created them.

Or, believe that there is no such thing, and there won't be! And that's okay too!

Love and all the good stuff,
Becky
becky is offline   Reply With Quote