Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 10:53 PM   #26
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What recovery? Unemployment shoots past 10 percent

Right Eric Charles,

I was just posting articles and comments in relation to the 'Propaganda' figures.

Here is a website showing both Unemployment Rate Official (U-3 & U-6) vs. SGS Alternate

January 2010

Shadow Government Stats

SEE CHART IMAGE: http://www.shadowstats.com/imgs/sgs-emp.gif?nov09

SOURCE: http://www.shadowstats.com/

Last edited by peaceandlove; 02-11-2010 at 05:07 PM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #27
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

according to those highly thought of media reporting institutes it is a jobless recovery where by you don`t need a job to recover your impoverished way of life.
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #28
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

This is one of the key areas I've been watching. Collapse is inevitable if Unemployment is ever agreed upon to be ceased. We are currently looking at 16 million unemployed (non-farmers), and 6.2 million of them are already on unemployment extention programs beyond 30 weeks. This also does not include the number of employees whom are having hours cut down or moved from full time to part time employment.

As indicated on another post, most states are borrowing from the government to pay for this, thus the Mortgage/Auto/Insurance/ and Utilities market remain afloat and depending on this service as well. For these things would be let go as the funds are let go.

A quick note on the FDIC current scenario
As we all know, the FDIC is bankrupt and are borrowing from the government, which means there are realistically more banks bankrupt than what you are being told, but will eventually be listed as closed by government. This is simply being done slowly to prevent the public from ambushing their accounts.
The Move Your Money campaign, will hurt in the long run if successful, because it will further bankrupt institutions for which bigger loans (businesses,etd) are being held. It depends on how many Americans truly move their money. However, this does not change the predicament of the FDIC, because the bigger banks may fall faster, but they (FDIC) are still responsible for insuring a mandatory percentage of the funds for banks, which would include those moved to the smaller banks.

There's a bit more to all of this, but back to the first paragraph...If you ever hear the government conclude that "hey, no more unemployment extensions"...Goodnight.
gscraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #29
Lost soul
Avalon Senior Member

The problem is worldwide. When I was in Malta a few years ago, I learned that the English had engaged in subprime lending too and because of it, were in big trouble. The Germans are not happy with what the Spanish, Italians, Greeks are doing with the euro. They're printing it too freely (like we do with our dollar). The Japanese are hurting because we can't afford to buy their consumer products. Factory closure isn't unknown in China and they have a real estate bubble there too. Now, the Chinese have urged the people to buy precious metals. The world is in for a rough ride.

I was warned of this (and hyper-inflation) back in the late '70s. I woke up and started reading some books on the economy a few years ago and concluded that the only thing worth pursuing is spiritual enlightenment.
Lost soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #30
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

More American Propaganda

STOP HOARDING, START SPENDING!!!!

Obama report: 95,000 jobs to come each month

By PHILIP ELLIOTT, Associated Press Writer – Thu Feb 11, 8:48 am ET

WASHINGTON – The United States is likely to average 95,000 more jobs each month this year, while personal savings will remain high as credit remains tight, according to a White House report released Thursday.

Excerpt:
Indeed, even adding an average of 95,000 jobs each month, unemployment is likely to remain around 10 percent through this year and not fall below 6 percent until 2015. And while Americans are likely to save more for big-ticket items such as homes or cars, it means a slower recovery for a nation that has lost 8.4 million net jobs since this recession began in December 2007.
Complete Article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100211/..._obama_economy

Green Stimulus Jobs Going to China?

VIDEO (2:54):
http://news.yahoo.com/video/business-15749628/18059417

Last edited by peaceandlove; 02-11-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #31
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

I was correcting a duplicate post above and then found out what I replaced it with did not bring the thread back up to the top. OK here is something.

So according to this article and the one above, no recovery will happen until at least 2015...meaning second term for Obama!?!?!?!

Obama: Recovery not complete until jobs restored

Alister Bull
WASHINGTON
Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:32am EST

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Thursday warned the country's recovery would not be complete until more citizens find work and the United States borrows less money from other countries.

Obama, who has made jobs a top priority in this election year, also called on Congress to pass fresh measures to boost hiring and reiterated his pledge to tackle the budget deficit.

"Until jobs are being created to replace those we've lost -- until America is back at work -- my administration will not rest and this recovery will not be finished," Obama said in his Economic Report to Congress.

Continues: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/wire.php?view=10341

Last edited by peaceandlove; 02-11-2010 at 06:07 PM.