Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Proof that I am not an Agent, Troll or Energy Vampire

Here's the deal. My personal views are not accepted in many places and this forum is no different. I'm used to that. It's not a problem. I am cool with that, because I have no wish to force anyone to adopt my views, just because I stated them. You will not find a single instance of that happening on the forums -- anywhere.

A lot of people are starting to make claims such that I am paid, I'm a reptilian, I'm an energy vampire, I'm a troll, I'm an agent, etc..

All wrong. I am one guy with life experience that wants to communicate with other people. The reason I am making the posts I am is to highlight (under a splotlight) why I can't just come here and post freely. I have a LOT to get through, and I can't get through it on a forum that goes from serious to 7+ pages of jokes and mockery in a split second.

If I "WANTED" to come here and literally cause trouble, believe me -- I could do a much better job of it. I would have four computers running and I'd be sitting there tying to myself. I'd be hammering the threads with scripts. I would pose as someone who was the epitome of a jerk, just to prove a point. I would be PM'ing people, placing links to threads in all the signatures, and I'd have another 12 accounts all lined up ready to go. I'd have half a dozen other people helping out. I'd be unfair. I'd distract other people's posts. I wouldn't be sincere or genuine. I'd have multiple personality syndrome on a mass scale. I'd purposefully take things the wrong way just to cause trouble. I'd purposefully cause people to dislike me and if I got banned, I'd come back laughing and mocking. I haven't done any of the above.

It's not hard to see that I am being fair and genuine. Anyone who thinks I am anything listed in the title really needs to get a life and take a good look at the problems on this forum. I am playing fair. I am being genuine. The forum can be a much more constructive and useful place. That's what I am after. Plain and simple. Believe it or not.

I wont stop until I get it (or at LEAST something close to it). Call me all the names you like. Insult me. Accuse me. Label me. Say that I am insulting and that I want to force everyone to accept my views or my agenda. It's all ridiculous. None of it is true. None of it is even on the right track. It's all been said a thousand times. But until this forum achieves a spirit of seriousness and sincerity I'm going to keep pointing out why I cannot say what I want to say.

THIS FORUM NEEDS ME!

..and more people like me.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
beren
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Proof that I am not an Agent, Troll or Energy Vampire

Look at this at this way; who wished to hear you, will hear you. Other who donīt ,they just donīt.
Ignore them.

If someone here labels or insults you,IGNORE them. Ones who are insulting and else will be quickly spent since being ignored. If however that person trolls you constantly , ask modīs help.
Finito.

I am sure ,here you can find some very decent people, talk to them.

All the best,,

Beren
Old 12-16-2009, 11:27 AM   #3
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beren View Post
Look at this at this way; who wished to hear you, will hear you. Other who donīt ,they just donīt.
Ignore them.

If someone here labels or insults you,IGNORE them. Ones who are insulting and else will be quickly spent since being ignored. If however that person trolls you constantly , ask modīs help.
Finito.

I am sure ,here you can find some very decent people, talk to them.

All the best,,

Beren
Name calling and insults don't affect me. They really don't. That's not the problem. The problem is that when people start behaving that way, it puts a wall up to prevent threads from continuing down a constructive path.

I already know that a lot of people in the world aren't very nice. I'd be silly to think I can come to a forum and change everyone. That is not my point at all. My point is that there should be higher expectations of forum members here so that the serious people also have a stage to speak -- and not just all the class clowns.

People will behave once their "expected" to. There is no expectation of that on this forum. The general rule is: Just post as you please.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:32 AM   #4
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

@OP

So you are saying that you want an uninterrupted fair-go at telling your story? But you wont do that unless you can post freely and uninterrupted by the mob.

You realise of course that you have unfortunately set in motion something which has inertia of a kind. You have also been credited with having something to do with the other guy that got banned (WS) - even if that isnt true, it stuck (law of attraction in action!) based on the vibrational similarities evident in the energy of your posts and posting techniques (responding to every post, keeping the thread bumped etc).

You (or WS) threw a stone in the pond. It had energy. People here didn't like it. Some of them, regrettably bear grudges and they want your blood for it.

People would need to forgive you, but you won't accept that because you dont think you have done anything to be forgiven for. Will you forgive them?

How am I doing?

To me it doesnt look possible, but then the universe is a big place and I certainly don't know all the answers.

What I don't understand is why you cant just post what you want to say and then ignore the noise. Why do you need the control?

Freedom is not controllable. It is like water - it can flow, but it is hard to contain a lot of it and water has a knack of creeping through cracks and being inconvenient.

Most people on this forum detest attempts at control. I should know - look at the scars on my back I got for when I have used the moderating stick.

I am really lost as to how we can work forwards.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 12-16-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #5
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthWalker View Post
Here's the deal. My personal views are not accepted in many places and this forum is no different. I'm used to that. It's not a problem. I am cool with that, because I have no wish to force anyone to adopt my views, just because I stated them. You will not find a single instance of that happening on the forums -- anywhere.

A lot of people are starting to make claims such that I am paid, I'm a reptilian, I'm an energy vampire, I'm a troll, I'm an agent, etc..

All wrong. I am one guy with life experience that wants to communicate with other people. The reason I am making the posts I am is to highlight (under a splotlight) why I can't just come here and post freely. I have a LOT to get through, and I can't get through it on a forum that goes from serious to 7+ pages of jokes and mockery in a split second.

If I "WANTED" to come here and literally cause trouble, believe me -- I could do a much better job of it. I would have four computers running and I'd be sitting there tying to myself. I'd be hammering the threads with scripts. I would pose as someone who was the epitome of a jerk, just to prove a point. I would be PM'ing people, placing links to threads in all the signatures, and I'd have another 12 accounts all lined up ready to go. I'd have half a dozen other people helping out. I'd be unfair. I'd distract other people's posts. I wouldn't be sincere or genuine. I'd have multiple personality syndrome on a mass scale. I'd purposefully take things the wrong way just to cause trouble. I'd purposefully cause people to dislike me and if I got banned, I'd come back laughing and mocking. I haven't done any of the above.

It's not hard to see that I am being fair and genuine. Anyone who thinks I am anything listed in the title really needs to get a life and take a good look at the problems on this forum. I am playing fair. I am being genuine. The forum can be a much more constructive and useful place. That's what I am after. Plain and simple. Believe it or not.

I wont stop until I get it (or at LEAST something close to it). Call me all the names you like. Insult me. Accuse me. Label me. Say that I am insulting and that I want to force everyone to accept my views or my agenda. It's all ridiculous. None of it is true. None of it is even on the right track. It's all been said a thousand times. But until this forum achieves a spirit of seriousness and sincerity I'm going to keep pointing out why I cannot say what I want to say.

THIS FORUM NEEDS ME!

..and more people like me.
I for one would like to hear what you have to say.
Just say what you have to say.
The truth does not have to be anything other than expressed as it is.

Chris
Old 12-16-2009, 11:48 AM   #6
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
@OP

So you are saying that you want an uninterrupted fair-go at telling your story? But you wont do that unless you can post freely and uninterrupted by the mob.

You realise of course that you have unfortunately set in motion something which has inertia of a kind. You have also been credited with having something to do with the other guy that got banned (WS) - even if that isnt true, it stuck (law of attraction in action!) based on the vibrational similarities evident in the energy of your posts and posting techniques (responding to every post, keeping the thread bumped etc).

You (or WS) threw a stone in the pond. It had energy. People here didn't like it. Some of them, regrettably bear grudges and they want your blood for it.

People would need to forgive you, but you won't accept that because you dont think you have done anything to be forgiven for. Will you forgive them?

How am I doing?

To me it doesnt look possible, but then the universe is a big place and I certainly don't know all the answers.

What I don't understand is why you cant just post what you want to say and then ignore the noise. Why do you need the control?

Freedom is not controllable. It is like water - it can flow, but it is hard to contain a lot of it and water has a knack of creeping through cracks and being inconvenient.

Most people on this forum detest attempts at control. I should know - look at the scars on my back I got for when I have used the moderating stick.

A..
I am not suggesting that the moderators become a bunch of dictators.

There can be absolutely no backlash whatsoever, for if moderators start insisting that posts which have been especially been designed to turn a serious thread into a joke fest.

I do not condone giving infractions or banning people or anything like that. I am not saying that moderators should dress as the gestapo and start lining people up. I think its petty to come to a forum and see that you've got an infraction. It just annoys people.

I am simply trying to point out that I have a LOT to say and that I cannot even begin as long as people are allowed to pop into a thread and start posting what ever they feel like saying (from the top of their head), just because they feel like having a laugh. without ANY regard for the topic. Even more so, people should not be allowed to "directly" make jokes about the poster, antagonizing them and finishing ever smart alec response with:

It's absolutely ridiculous and the mods SHOULD stop that kind of thing. The people responsible are doing it "ON PURPOSE".

I also notice that many members are literally being nasty. Using terms like pathetic, moron, stupid, etc (this is just "today" in the last hour). I NEVER respond to people with such posts, yet when I see it come from other people -- there's nothing. Not a mod in sight. No one cares.

The forum need to set a new tone of seriousness. Again, members can not possibly complain to mods or accuse mods of censorship if people are clearly distracting a thread. It's not "one or two posts" it's EVERY thread. They do it because they KNOW they can get away with it. It's not innocent either. They "know" they're doing it. They're not "really" upset. They're having a laugh.

This problem CAN be fixed. It will not require copious amounts of moderation. Yes, some people will test the moderators, but at this moment in time, people are free to say what ever they like, no matter how off topic it is, and no matter how insulting they are to the OP, and the response form the moderators is: "It's ok to have a laugh sometimes". Yeah ok, maybe, but not for SEVEN pages (just for the sake of it) - come on!

This problem CAN be fixed.

It can be fixed EASILY.

An assertion needs to be made:

Be sincere, keep serious topics serious, stay on topic.

NO harm (or complaint) can come out of that.

It's baby simple.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
I for one would like to hear what you have to say.
Just say what you have to say.
The truth does not have to be anything other than expressed as it is.

Chris
I will drop all of this and begin posting on the forum as a constructive member when all the jesters are shown a seat.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #8
beren
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
@OP

How am I doing?

A..
Well said Anchor.
People should stop whining and actualy get to the point. If you hook up on other traps here , you end up in bad mood and quarelling and that leads to nowhere.

Truthwalker, you are not as they claim you to be , so when you are not that, IGNORE the acusations ...they will drain you down.

Also there was a great article on Yahoo yesterday about how to see who is a manipulator and what is their tactic.

I think you are falling prey for certain manipulators here.

Tell your story, share info ,have contructive talks, ignore trolling.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #9
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

How many threads do you need to say the exact same thing - and yet still not say anything at all?

Isn't this called Spam?
Seriously.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:53 AM   #10
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beren View Post
Well said Anchor.
People should stop whining and actualy get to the point. If you hook up on other traps here , you end up in bad mood and quarelling and that leads to nowhere.

Truthwalker, you are not as they claim you to be , so when you are not that, IGNORE the acusations ...they will drain you down.

Also there was a great article on Yahoo yesterday about how to see who is a manipulator and what is their tactic.

I think you are falling prey for certain manipulators here.

Tell your story, share info ,have contructive talks, ignore trolling.
I am adamant that the forum can be fixed.

There have been months and months of problems on the forum all for the sake of a handful of people being able to disrupt topics. It's not even most people.

IT CAN BE FIXED!

It's not "controlling".

It - can - be - easily - fixed, for "all".
Old 12-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #11
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
How many threads do you need to say the exact same thing - and yet still not say anything at all?

Isn't this called Spam?
Seriously.
You are one of the disingenuous people who never listens to a point but shows up in threads to accuse others. Your input is not needed here, Thank you.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #12
ellie
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I will drop all of this and begin posting on the forum as a constructive member when all the jesters are shown a seat.
I only came on to this forum because a few good friends gave me the good oil about this well trained disinfo agent Acora/LieWalker/etc, etc giving you all a hard time. I am trying to tell you what he is about, but you will all have to learn the hard way I suppose. Let it be known right here and now that we did try to warn you all okay.

Now, this guy is well trained and well versed on how to get on your good side and pull you all into his trap. Some of you have already fallen waiting for his so called information. Well, you will be waiting till the next millenium for that. If you don't believe me ask him for his info that we all dont already know.

Just remember you were warned. Don't cry when he starts stuffing up every darn thread here and upsetting innocent people okay, because we tried to tell you what he is about and you wouldn't listen.

I have dearly tried to warn you good people, now work it out for yourselves. He is wasting all your valuable time and you dont or wont see it.

Fine, your time. He has all the ISPs he wants to make as many sock puppets as he wants..................please wake up for God's sake people. Your smart, work it out. He is playing nice at the moment - in fact the second shift is probably on now.............wake up please. Once he gets you all in, your hooked.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:06 PM   #13
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
You are one of the disingenuous people who never listens to a point but shows up in threads to accuse others. Your input is not needed here, Thank you.
There's a difference between not listening to a point and not accepting it. I have always been genuine in trying to understand you and explain things to you.
You seem to think that if we don't obey you then we're causing trouble. When you react like that people can only laugh in disbelief... and so you think they're mocking. So eventually they do.
I haven't mocked you, but you seem to be the only one to not see it - that's more frustrating than any philosophical difference.

Edit: Ellie, I take your point. Thanks.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:07 PM   #14
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
There's a difference between not listening to a point and not accepting it. I have always been genuine in trying to explain things to you.
You seem to think that if we don't obey you then we're causing trouble. When you react like that people can only laugh in disbelief... and so you think they're mocking. So eventually they do.
I haven't mocked you, but you seem to be the only one to not see it - that's more frustrating than any philosophical difference.
Your accusations are incorrect and unfounded.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:07 PM   #15
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I only came on to this forum because a few good friends gave me the good oil about this well trained disinfo agent Acora/LieWalker/etc, etc giving you all a hard time. I am trying to tell you what he is about, but you will all have to learn the hard way I suppose. Let it be known right here and now that we did try to warn you all okay.

Now, this guy is well trained and well versed on how to get on your good side and pull you all into his trap. Some of you have already fallen waiting for his so called information. Well, you will be waiting till the next millenium for that. If you don't believe me ask him for his info that we all dont already know.

Just remember you were warned. Don't cry when he starts stuffing up every darn thread here and upsetting innocent people okay, because we tried to tell you what he is about and you wouldn't listen.

I have dearly tried to warn you good people, now work it out for yourselves. He is wasting all your valuable time and you dont or wont see it.

Fine, your time. He has all the ISPs he wants to make as many sock puppets as he wants..................please wake up for God's sake people. Your smart, work it out. He is playing nice at the moment - in fact the second shift is probably on now.............wake up please. Once he gets you all in, your hooked.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #16
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I am not suggesting that the moderators become a bunch of dictators.

There can be absolutely no backlash whatsoever, for if moderators start insisting that posts which have been especially been designed to turn a serious thread into a joke fest.

I do not condone giving infractions or banning people or anything like that. I am not saying that moderators should dress as the gestapo and start lining people up. I think its petty to come to a forum and see that you've got an infraction. It just annoys people.

I am simply trying to point out that I have a LOT to say and that I cannot even begin as long as people are allowed to pop into a thread and start posting what ever they feel like saying (from the top of their head), just because they feel like having a laugh. without ANY regard for the topic. Even more so, people should not be allowed to "directly" make jokes about the poster, antagonizing them and finishing ever smart alec response with:

It's absolutely ridiculous and the mods SHOULD stop that kind of thing. The people responsible are doing it "ON PURPOSE".

I also notice that many members are literally being nasty. Using terms like pathetic, moron, stupid, etc (this is just "today" in the last hour). I NEVER respond to people with such posts, yet when I see it come from other people -- there's nothing. Not a mod in sight. No one cares.

The forum need to set a new tone of seriousness. Again, members can not possibly complain to mods or accuse mods of censorship if people are clearly distracting a thread. It's not "one or two posts" it's EVERY thread. They do it because they KNOW they can get away with it. It's not innocent either. They "know" they're doing it. They're not "really" upset. They're having a laugh.

This problem CAN be fixed. It will not require copious amounts of moderation. Yes, some people will test the moderators, but at this moment in time, people are free to say what ever they like, no matter how off topic it is, and no matter how insulting they are to the OP, and the response form the moderators is: "It's ok to have a laugh sometimes". Yeah ok, maybe, but not for SEVEN pages (just for the sake of it) - come on!

This problem CAN be fixed.

It can be fixed EASILY.

An assertion needs to be made:

Be sincere, keep serious topics serious, stay on topic.

NO harm (or complaint) can come out of that.

It's baby simple.
But its not.

The level of control you are asking for will require diligent, "professional" moderators. We don't have those we have volunteers with varying levels of experience at dealing with highly confrontational situations.

As I explained before - deleting and editing threads/posts is a really big deal here. There is a culture of not doing it because we don't want to give credence to the notion that we are censors with an agenda. (We are not)

There is a culture on this forum. Those of us who have been here for a long time know it. The culture does not support the mode in which you are proposing to engage in it.

It is your right to explore potential changes to that, but you cannot "insist" on them - you cannot blackmail people into accepting them with implied threats - of what you know we have characterized as disruptive behavior (see your "spotlight" para in the OP, you even admit you are doing it on purpose to make a point).

If you cannot find fertile ground for your endeavors here, then it will be time to go somewhere else. If you insist on trying to stay and change things then you are, in my opinion, not living the ideals that you claimed for yourself in the original post.

In short, it is not your forum.

This situation has a finite lifetime. Our jobs as moderators require us to maintain the status quo established by the forum guidelines and the constituent members of the forum. Some more vocal than others.

A..
Old 12-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #17
ellie
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Okay Bill, time to get to the bottom of Michael's sock puppets. He is playing nice at the moment because his other sock puppets got banned, but if he wasnt playing nice you would all know about it.

Dont let avalon and its good people fall to this evil manipulator and disinfo agent that has absolutely no information to give people, he hooks them in and leaves them hanging. We know by experience and we know how he operates. Been there, done that, sold the t-shirt.

I am still here Mike, not going anywhere until you leave these people alone.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #18
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Isn't this called Spam?
Seriously.
Don't you see what you are doing?

<Dismayed>

This just proves my earlier point about how hard this can be.

TruthWalker: If you could instruct me now, what would you expect me to do to conform to your ideal forum?

A..
Old 12-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #19
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Okay Bill, time to get to the bottom of Michael's sock puppets. He is playing nice at the moment because his other sock puppets got banned, but if he wasnt playing nice you would all know about it.

Dont let avalon and its good people fall to this evil manipulator and disinfo agent that has absolutely no information to give people, he hooks them in and leaves them hanging. We know by experience and we know how he operates. Been there, done that, sold the t-shirt.

I am still here Mike, not going anywhere until you leave these people alone.
Ellie

You are NOT helping.

A..
Old 12-16-2009, 12:13 PM   #20
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Truthwalker do you not see how people who initially tried to support you have been turned away by your own reactions? Brook, Anchor, even Beren - these are people who have tried and yet still been frustrated by the futility.
Seriously, if you can't learn from this then it makes it seem like you really are only here to Spam.

Edit: Anchor, I'm sorry. I'm not saying he can't have a say, but opening multiple threads for the same argument, isn't that unecessary?
Old 12-16-2009, 12:13 PM   #21
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
But its not.

The level of control you are asking for will require diligent, "professional" moderators. We don't have those we have volunteers with varying levels of experience at dealing with highly confrontational situations.

As I explained before - deleting and editing threads/posts is a really big deal here. There is a culture of not doing it because we don't want to give credence to the notion that we are censors with an agenda. (We are not)

There is a culture on this forum. Those of us who have been here for a long time know it. The culture does not support the mode in which you are proposing to engage in it.

It is your right to explore potential changes to that, but you cannot "insist" on them - you cannot blackmail people into accepting them with implied threats - of what you know we have characterized as disruptive behavior (see your "spotlight" para in the OP, you even admit you are doing it on purpose to make a point).

If you cannot find fertile ground for your endeavors here, then it will be time to go somewhere else. If you insist on trying to stay and change things then you are, in my opinion, not living the ideals that you claimed for yourself in the original post.

In short, it is not your forum.

This situation has a finite lifetime. Our jobs as moderators require us to maintain the status quo established by the forum guidelines and the constituent members of the forum. Some more vocal than others.

A..
While everything you say above is reasonable, I must insist that asking people to stay on topic will not require great amounts of moderation.

A good start would be to ask moderators THEMSELVES to stop participating in off topic tangents. Moderators can't just revert to saying what ever they like just because the first line says: "Mod hat off". What's that all about?

I understand that if you delete threads, people will cry foul. So I agree. But it wouldn't hurt for moderators to type once in a while: "Hey, come on people, cut it out." -- or to send the odd PM to people who blatantly insult others.

Do I need to go and get examples?

Last edited by TruthWalker; 12-16-2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-16-2009, 12:14 PM   #22
ellie
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Don't you see what you are doing?

<Dismayed>

This just proves my earlier point about how hard this can be.

TruthWalker: If you could instruct me now, what would you expect me to do to conform to your ideal forum?

A..
He is now manipulating your mods Mr Ryan. Okay Anchor do not waste any more of your valuable time on this dark energy manipulator. Get rid of him while you can avalon. I am not kidding here. You can ban me if you like, I have a good forum with good friends that I spend my time on, but dont let this guy get his boots under the table for God's sake.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #23
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Truthwalker do you not see how people who initially tried to support you have been turned away by your own reactions? Brook, Anchor, even Beren - these are people who have tried and yet still been frustrated by the futility.
Seriously, if you can't learn from this then it makes it seem like you really are only here to Spam.
Can you just go away and give up your mission to prove to me that I'm some sort of runaway nut? I am posting ALL of this for GOOD reasons which extend back more than six months!

Brook has done nothing but post insult after insult after sarcasm riddled insult. Mentioning her name isn't going to help what ever case you think you're trying to make.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #24
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
He is now manipulating your mods Mr Ryan. Okay Anchor do not waste any more of your valuable time on this dark energy manipulator. Get rid of him while you can avalon. I am not kidding here. You can ban me if you like, I have a good forum with good friends that I spend my time on, but dont let this guy get his boots under the table for God's sake.
Unconstructive post.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #25
Boober
Avalon Senior Member

Man truthwalker your just digging yourself a bigger hole. You should just talk about whatever it was you wanted to say. Unless of course you are , in that case your not digging yourself a bigger hole.
Closed Thread