Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 05:58 PM   #1
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: beyond the sun...
Posts: 253
Default ... New Age ...

Okay, enlighten me.

Why is New Age "bad" to sooo many people?
Why is it such a cause of division?

Why is trusting your intuition, caring about what you put in your body, being positive, spiritual healing and knowing your potential as a human considered by so many in this forum to be less than any other "belief" structure, including belief in ETs?

Isn't it like ALL beliefs...before KNOWING settles in? Isn't it a stepping stone? And if that's the case, why make people who are on that stone feel LESS than by mocking their beliefs?

Who are the teachers of New Age philosophy that we shouldn't be listening to lest our brains turn to "fluff"?

I am VERY capable of googling, and looking up the definitions, what I want here is your opinion.
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:06 PM   #2
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member
 
2infinityandbeyond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gaia, Solas System, Milkyway
Posts: 398
Default Re: ... New Age ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by conjuredUp View Post
Okay, enlighten me.

Why is New Age "bad" to sooo many people?
Why is it such a cause of division?

Why is trusting your intuition, caring about what you put in your body, being positive, spiritual healing and knowing your potential as a human considered by so many in this forum to be less than any other "belief" structure, including belief in ETs?

Isn't it like ALL beliefs...before KNOWING settles in? Isn't it a stepping stone? And if that's the case, why make people who are on that stone feel LESS than by mocking their beliefs?

Who are the teachers of New Age philosophy that we shouldn't be listening to lest our brains turn to "fluff"?

I am VERY capable of googling, and looking up the definitions, what I want here is your opinion.
Many people who use the term "new age" use it as a generalisation because they do not know or have a clear definition of the whole subject.

Its silliness really, akin to calling all substances "drugs" thereby robbing the topic of its complexity and the topic of its vastness.

If people use this term with you then back away very slowly whilst maintaing eye contact, they are obviously new to the topic and dont know enough to refer to it with anything other then silly little generalisations.

I enjoy partaking in the consumption of magic mushrooms from time to time, therefore i must be a druggy

Same thing different scenario, dont mind those people. they are there to annoy you


And a quick definition ;

New Age (New Age Movement and New Age Spirituality) is a social collective phenomenon and a spiritual nature movement that seeks Universal Truth through the Oneness of Humanity. It combines aspects of spirituality, cosmology, esotericism, complementary and alternative medicine, various religious practices, and environmentalism. It is characterized by an eclectic and individual approach to spirituality with a general rejection of mainstream dogma and religion.

New Age refers to the coming Astrological Age of Aquarius. The New Age Movement first appeared in the late 19th and early 20th Centuries, gained momentum in the 1960s and 1970s, strengthened in the 1980s, and organized with the Harmonic Convergence in 1987. New Age practices and philosophies are found among many diverse individuals from around the world and range from atheism and monotheism to classical pantheism, including naturalistic pantheism or panentheism.[citation needed].

The New Age Movement includes elements of older spiritual and religious traditions combined with science, particularly Ecology, Environmentalism, Gaia Theory, and Psychology. New Age practices and philosophies sometimes draw inspiration from major world religions: Buddhism, Chinese Folk Religion, Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, and Sufi Islam; with particularly strong influences from East Asian religions, Gnosticism, Indian religions, Neopaganism, New Thought, Universalism, and Western Esotericism.[1]

New Age Spirituality has led to a wide array of literature on the subject and an active niche market: books, New Age music, crafts, and services in alternative medicine are available at New Age stores, fairs, and festivals.[2][3][4][5]


Im proud to be a new ager if thats what it means.

[edit]
Quote:
I am VERY capable of googling, and looking up the definitions, what I want here is your opinion.
Ive a very bad habit of missing the last line of every post

Last edited by 2infinityandbeyond; 09-28-2008 at 06:10 PM.
2infinityandbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
mikey
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 228
Default Re: ... New Age ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2infinityandbeyond View Post
Many people who use the term "new age" use it as a generalisation because they do not know or have a clear definition of the whole subject.

Its silliness really, akin to calling all substances "drugs" thereby robbing the topic of its complexity and the topic of its vastness.

If people use this term with you then back away very slowly whilst maintaing eye contact, they are obviously new to the topic and dont know enough to refer to it with anything other then silly little generalisations.

I enjoy partaking in the consumption of magic mushrooms from time to time, therefore i must be a druggy

Same thing different scenario, dont mind those people. they are there to annoy you


And a quick definition ;

New Age (New Age Movement and New Age Spirituality) is a social collective phenomenon and a spiritual nature movement that seeks Universal Truth through the Oneness of Humanity. It combines aspects of spirituality, cosmology, esotericism, complementary and alternative medicine, various religious practices, and environmentalism. It is characterized by an eclectic and individual approach to spirituality with a general rejection of mainstream dogma and religion.

New Age refers to the coming Astrological Age of Aquarius. The New Age Movement first appeared in the late 19th and early 20th Centuries, gained momentum in the 1960s and 1970s, strengthened in the 1980s, and organized with the Harmonic Convergence in 1987. New Age practices and philosophies are found among many diverse individuals from around the world and range from atheism and monotheism to classical pantheism, including naturalistic pantheism or panentheism.[citation needed].

The New Age Movement includes elements of older spiritual and religious traditions combined with science, particularly Ecology, Environmentalism, Gaia Theory, and Psychology. New Age practices and philosophies sometimes draw inspiration from major world religions: Buddhism, Chinese Folk Religion, Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, and Sufi Islam; with particularly strong influences from East Asian religions, Gnosticism, Indian religions, Neopaganism, New Thought, Universalism, and Western Esotericism.[1]

New Age Spirituality has led to a wide array of literature on the subject and an active niche market: books, New Age music, crafts, and services in alternative medicine are available at New Age stores, fairs, and festivals.[2][3][4][5]


Im proud to be a new ager if thats what it means.

I second that

peace
bananaman
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 319
Default Re: ... New Age ...

ill repost what i said when someone slgged off what i was saying as "new age"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWdoe
To quote Kyle'

"your conscioussness (consciousness) is more important than your 3D vehicle.

Now this is honestly nothing more then new age conformity which is scary... Your body is in exact equal measurement to that of the mind, the mind cannot exist without your body and i think you need to understand that.

Your body is more then a vehicle or a god awful "container" (which i might add is used to teach disconnection from Synaptical thought leaving you feeling not alive and at the mercy of suicide or no fear of death) It is an absolutely scary thought when Astral projection and oneness can disconnect man from reality and make him believe his mind is more worthy then his body as you so stated above... How many Black magicians have used this concept of Reincarnation to manipulate people into dying and never fighting back? because in the end your not willing to strike the swine where he stands.

Philosophy i urge, as always.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
i responded
--
i think you misunderstand, i never said "mind" i said "consciousness", which exists separately from your mind, the mind doesnt "create" consciousness its "biological computer" in order for consciousness to interact in the holgraphic 3 dimesional reality. this is physics and science, not "new age conformity"

look into some books about quantum mechanics and the nature of reality.
clearly your body is important, and if blackwater para military people come to round people up, ill certainly avoid them.
your here to experience whatever you experience and evolve from your experience. if there were no challenges to physical existence we wouldnt evolve both physically and spiritually.

what im saying is try and understand the nature of YOU and YOUR reality and what lessons you can learn while your here. not fearing death just means your not easily controlled by fear, it doesnt mean you jump off a building. free will means you have choice even if you think you dont- you do.
you can be negative or positve both have value- personally i want to be in harmony with others and the environament, thats my choice. unfortunatley the people who choose negativity have great power because of our very fear of death and only living in survival.

wars would stop instantly if everyone were to realize this and realize each of us has the power to do EXACTLY what we choose. no one can make you kill another person, its your belief that "they" can, so in fact "they" do because you give them the power to do so- its just as easily the other way around.

if someone said you have to join the army or youll be shot, then i would say "too bad im not joining" then whoever was supposed to shoot me has to make a choice to do so, and most likely he would only do so for fear of harm or death himself- its not that he wants to.

everyone is taking orders all the way up the line.
it stops when YOU dont follow orders. this is the big secret the few have ruled the many since we stopped being small tribes and became "civilized"

no one is going to make me kill another, thats why i think "aware" people who talk about heading to the hills and buying guns arent "aware" of anything, theyre just a little ahead of the curve on current events.

this isnt new age pseudo science mumbo jumbo, this is common sense and i dont need a benevolent alien or a new age guru to figure this out.

-kyle

within what gets labeled "new age" is a lot of truth just as there is truth in some religions and in science, you have to put it together for yourself.
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: beyond the sun...
Posts: 253
Default Re: ... New Age ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkkent View Post

this isnt new age pseudo science mumbo jumbo, this is common sense and i dont need a benevolent alien or a new age guru to figure this out.
I am SO in love with you right now!

The most baffling thing about all this "new age" labeling of ideas such as yours and mine is that I've not seen ONE post that bemoaned any of the major religions for being "fluffy". Why the unequal treatment?

Is it because the truth of being PERSONALLY responsible for EVERYTHING in one's life is too much to handle, so then rather than confront it or try to understand it they make fun of it?

I for one relish the empowerment I got from my new age years. Brought me to here. Brought me to knowing who and what I am.

Thanks, Kyle!
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #6
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 319
Default Re: ... New Age ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by conjuredUp View Post
I am SO in love with you right now!

The most baffling thing about all this "new age" labeling of ideas such as yours and mine is that I've not seen ONE post that bemoaned any of the major religions for being "fluffy". Why the unequal treatment?

Is it because the truth of being PERSONALLY responsible for EVERYTHING in one's life is too much to handle, so then rather than confront it or try to understand it they make fun of it?

I for one relish the empowerment I got from my new age years. Brought me to here. Brought me to knowing who and what I am.

Thanks, Kyle!
haha thanks!

and for the guy asking if your looking for validation i would say your not, what has been labeled "new age' needs clarification. it did for me too because some of it can be "bubble gum spirituality" and a lot of truths get distorted and "ascended masters" etc etc.

ive read new age books that talk about meeting jesus the "asended christ master" or whatever, that should set off red flags as they are taking what has been told to them is historical fact, when it isnt (jesus is combined mythological character -if you look into it its actually astrologically based and many figures pre dating jesus have the same 'died on the cross, then rose 3 days later etc etc, he wasnt the first religious character with this story)

anyhow the fact that this new age book contained a meeting with "jesus the light being" should set off common sense warnings. eventhough her book was filled with positive messages and meditative techniques, i couldnt take her whole pleaidian/dolphin/healing etc at face value.

ancient peoples have been practicing elements of what "new age" supposedly is. all religions have elements of truth with monumental amounts of rubbish. bhuddism,hinduism,muslim,christian etc. deciding what makes sense out of that is what works.

as well as science, the wisest scientist will tell you "we know this much, but itll probably get disproven" as that is historically what happens, so again elements of science have profound truths but using discernment again is best and not putting all your eggs in one basket.

i think "new age" is a box people think youll be wearing crystals and white robes and be very mellow and speak of love as the only thing, the only truth is love.

while I personally, agree love is a powerful force, and i choose to be positive loving and in balance with nature as best i can, its naive to believe LOVE is the end all be all answer, love is the yin and negativity/destruction is the yang.

i dont like negativity or "evil" but i realize there is a point in it existence. life is both positive and negative and you cant have one without the other, if negativity served no purpose it wouldnt exist. the fact is we GROW and evolve when we have something to struggle against, the irony is once we discover "that"-- we dont have to struggle as much, we can simply "exist" and choose to serve one path or the other.

anyhow, im babbling, what ive gained from all this spiritual/scientific inquiry is that i should enjoy life, its not a curse and if something bad happens to you or me its only "bad" from this human 3D experience, in the larger scheme of things nothing is good or bad it just "IS" and we should enjoy this slice of reality, ESPECIALLY if you consider how many bilions of people probably have it "worse" than you. its all a matter of perspective.

thanks fer listening!

EDIT--ps and YES!! personal responsibility is one of the best things to be gleaned from "new age" it is an absolute truth , you have free will therefore YOU and only you are responsible for your actions and their outcomes.
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #7
Stephen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ... New Age ...

(Bear with me...I haven't had the time to read all the posts here. Mrs Dood is distracting me. hehe! )

What annoys me about the term New Age is how it gets a 'Bad Rap'.

People will simply throw EVERYthing into that catagory and call it New Age.
ANYthing that is not Religious or follows some Organized Christian Religion/Dogma/Doctrine.
Or lable people 'New Agers'.
I have been labled that many times. I am NOT a New Ager!
I even been told what I share is simply Propaganda and not truth.
Mostly by very religious people.
Very closed minded religious people I might add....

It is used in a derogitory fashion no different then how the term Liberal is used.
As IF all people that have liberal leanings are BAD, or stoopid!

I personally get real tired of lables like this.
When I tell people I am NOT religious they will then ask me why I do not believe in GOD. [groan]

I never SAID that.

I do not believe in a Zeus type God. I believe there is a Source of ALL Things.
I do not believe in a 'God' that is an old white man when a long beard sitting on a throne with a book in his hand that says if I am Naughty or Nice.
If I am Naughty then I get a zap from a lightening bolt and sent to some form of Hell.
If I am Nice then I am deemed 'special' and I get a Special Place to go.

I do not believe in that. I think that is silly!
To me to put 'God' or as I just stated The Source of ALL Things in a box like that actually limits any being of that sort.
AND..Of course *I* am still 'LEARNING' about this. I never will say I have ALL the answers.
I am still forming the questions.

The Source of ALL Things is NOT HUMAN...nor has a Human Face or Human like Emotions.
Nor can The Source of ALL Things have ANY HATE within.
It is a Being of absolute pure love.

The Source of ALL Things just IS! The true/pure form of BE-ING!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:01 PM   #8
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: beyond the sun...
Posts: 253
Default Re: ... New Age ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2infinityandbeyond View Post
Im proud to be a new ager if thats what it means.
Ditto!
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #9
arcora
Banned
 
arcora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 696
Default Re: ... New Age ...

Conjured,

Do you want confirmaton from your peers that you're A-OK? Or do you honestly want a different viewpoint so that you can truly question where you are going?

If you want a fair but honest treatise on the pitfalls of the New Age movement I will be happy to write one. However, it will take some time and effort. This is why I ask in advance.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:51 PM   #10
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: beyond the sun...
Posts: 253
Default Re: ... New Age ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
Conjured,

Do you want confirmaton from your peers that you're A-OK? Or do you honestly want a different viewpoint so that you can truly question where you are going?

If you want a fair but honest treatise on the pitfalls of the New Age movement I will be happy to write one. However, it will take some time and effort. This is why I ask in advance.
I know I am EXACTLY where I am supposed to be.
And really, who knows where they are going?

I want to understand why so many detest all things so loosely labeled "new age"? Why does it drive people so batty? Why don't the other major belief structures get hammered as much?

What am I missing?
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:52 PM   #11
arcora
Banned
 
arcora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 696
Default Re: ... New Age ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by conjuredUp View Post
Why don't the other major belief structures get hammered as much?
Fundamentalist Christians get hammered - as do Christians in general (and rightly so).

Muslims get hammered hard - (and rightly so).

Hindus get hammered - (and rightly so).

Even Buddhists get hammered - (and rightly so).

Why shouldn't New Agers get hammered?

There is no single body of knowledge that contains all Truth and no lie. Each major religion or belief system contains some level of danger. I never said New Age was 'Bad'. I said there are pitfalls and I stand by that statement.

However, from your post, it is evident to me that you really don't want to discuss what they may be.

Best of luck to you in the future.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:09 PM   #12
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: beyond the sun...
Posts: 253
Default Re: ... New Age ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
Fundamentalist Christians get hammered - as do Christians in general (and rightly so).

Muslims get hammered hard - (and rightly so).

Hindus get hammered - (and rightly so).

Even Buddhists get hammered - (and rightly so).

Why shouldn't New Agers get hammered?

There is no single body of knowledge that contains all Truth and no lie. Each major religion or belief system contains some level of danger. I never said New Age was 'Bad'. I said there are pitfalls and I stand by that statement.

However, from your post, it is evident to me that you really don't want to discuss what they may be.

Best of luck to you in the future.
I've not seen any one group more bashed on this forum than the "new agers". Even the witnesses do it. And the mods.

I've yet to come across a post that decries any of the big 3 religions. And that's not from lack of trying.

Well, I am all for discussing anything, but thanks anyway.

Luck back at you.
:-)
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #13
arcora
Banned
 
arcora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 696
Default Re: ... New Age ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by conjuredUp View Post
I've not seen any one group more bashed on this forum than the "new agers". Even the witnesses do it. And the mods.
If there was a group of ....say 50 Fundamentalist Christians here who cherry picked Bible verses to backup their own beliefs and attempt to convert non believers do you think they would get bashed?

To oblivion methinks. But aren't here and they aren't doing that, are they?

Look at it from the other side for a moment.

There are a lot of members who don't buy into the complete new age hulabaloo here. What gives you Spiritual or Intellectual superiority over them that they can't question your beliefs?

One pitfall of EVERY belief system is a sense of "I have the Truth. Don't question me. Just believe me."

Last edited by arcora; 09-28-2008 at 10:36 PM.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:36 PM   #14
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: i live in puerto rico
Posts: 643
Default Re: ... New Age ...

Hey Arcora I am glad you stay, no matter what we are here to help each other, and that's all that matters to me.
God bless you always, by the way my 1 1/2 yr.ol kid sends you a kiss and a hug.He's the little clown that makes everybody laugh.
Please take care and be safe
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:37 PM   #15
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: beyond the sun...
Posts: 253
Default Re: ... New Age ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
What gives you Spiritual or Intellectual superiority over them when they question your beliefs?

That sir, would be an impossibility as I have no beliefs.
I just KNOW.

Thank you for your time and energy.
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #16
arcora
Banned
 
arcora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 696
Default Re: ... New Age ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by conjuredUp View Post
That sir, would be an impossibility as I have no beliefs.
I just KNOW.
Just like the Christians, Muslims and Jews.

Congratulations on being so enlightened that everythiing you know is True and for knowing everything there is to know.

You are free to close your mind.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:54 AM   #17
Phoenix
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inverness
Posts: 116
Default Re: ... New Age ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by conjuredUp View Post
That sir, would be an impossibility as I have no beliefs.
I just KNOW.

Thank you for your time and energy.
No offense but isnt that the same statement all followers say about their belief? The fact that you say what you follow is not a belief but knowledge can be a dangerous statement and again one echo'd by every follower of faith.

I have my beliefs, I have my faith but one question I regularly ask is, "what if I'm wrong?"

I think one issue with New Age philosophy is people seem to follow without question because it fullfills their need to reject conventional religion and it is all warm and fluffy, puppies and flowers. I don't mean that to be condescending but I've yet to find any faction of NA philosophy which acknowledges the darker side of things, in other words, that there are dark forces at work. Everybody on this board obviously recognises this otherwise they wouldnt be here!

In establishing my belief, I take what resonates AND I apply the acid test, does it work? Does it stand up to scrutiny. I pick it apart. You must question EVERYTHING!

I agree completely with Arcora.

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IS REAL, NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IS RIGHT. And those who say they do are fools and should be avoided
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:12 PM   #18
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: beyond the sun...
Posts: 253
Default Re: ... New Age ...

Thank you all for sharing your opinions with me in this matter.
I wasn't looking for a challenge or personal attacks.
Not one of us is right, except for ourselves.
I accept that we are all different and on separate paths.
None better or brighter than another.
I drop my sword.
Division is useless. Especially now.

Love and light to you all.
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:49 PM   #19
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: So.Cal
Posts: 156
Default Re: ... New Age ...

QUOTE arcora;

Look at it from the other side for a moment.

There are a lot of members who don't buy into the complete new age hulabaloo here. What gives you Spiritual or Intellectual superiority over them when they question your beliefs?

One pitfall of EVERY belief system is a sense of "I have the Truth. Don't question me. Just believe me."[/QUOTE]

Questioning is one thing, insulting is another.
No one prefers to be insulted.
Thing is, I didn't get that Conjured is aiming for "superiority", or hierarchy.
She stated that she knows she is where she is supposed to be, not where you are supposed to be, or where everyone should be.

And the pitfall you mentioned? Isn't the result of a belief structure, it is the result of a programmed attitude about a belief.
And I agree, it is unbecoming.

Peace,
CW
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #20
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 2,280
Default Re: ... New Age ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by conjuredUp View Post
I want to understand why so many detest all things so loosely labeled "new age"? Why does it drive people so batty? Why don't the other major belief structures get hammered as much?

What am I missing?

You are not missing much. My guess is that you pretty much know the answer instictively but cannot believe how simple it is.

Peoples reactions, thinking and judgements are informed by thier social conditioning and programming. For many people that means the usual gamut of illuminati inspired dogma. It is as simple as that.

Whenever you encounter such prejudice you are simply encountering a situation wherein, should you so choose or be guided to do so, you can help.

Complex knots require patience and care to unravel effectively - and in such a manner as not to make the entanglement worse.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 10-02-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:12 PM   #21
Isa
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 44
Default Re: ... New Age ...

Quote:
Complex knots require patience and care to unravel effectively - and in such a manner as not to make the entanglement worse.


Love that statement; it is dancing joyfully around in my mind even still.

I used to be a Christian

I used to be a New Ager, too

Both titles never sat well with me and both experiences left me frustrated, yet also with tools to take with me into the unknown.

Now, I have made very good friends with the unknown. I understand there is a "presence" with me, yet I have no name for this other than what I give to it myself. This presence is how I am able to be friendly with the unknown and the uncertain.

Others will be on the path meant for them, and their beliefs have little to do with me for the most part, it seems. I give them room. (I know I appreciate the same.)

I certainly do not think I know everything. As an Inuit shaman once said ~ all I will ever admit to knowing is "ikoze" (... a little bit)

Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:34 PM   #22
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: within my heart
Posts: 1,209
Default Re: ... New Age ...

Greeting's to all,
Wow! Lots of diverse talk. I try and keep it simple. Whats new is really old and vice-versa. There probably isn't an idea or concept that hasn't been thought of before and forgotten or pushed aside? Through the ages, there has been a lot of effort spent on keeping enlightened individuals or societes from advancement, though. Remember, this is the Prison Planet. An enslavement of mankind is the endgame! I believe, New Age music is fairly new, though? ha! giovonni
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:41 PM   #23
Stephen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ... New Age ...

I can Speak in Tongues and I can have an OBE....

So what does that make me? hehe!

Simply an Old Dood that is learning new things...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:04 AM   #24
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: beyond the sun...
Posts: 253
Default Re: ... New Age ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post

Complex knots require patience and care to unravel effectively - and in such a manner as not to make the entanglement worse.
I gotta agree with Isa. This is a perfect line for my NOW.

Thank you.
Love and light,
C
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:22 AM   #25
Armand
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ... New Age ...

This could shine some light on the whole New Age thing..

http://www.geocities.com/kankerboek/new_aids.html
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
info, new age, opinion

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon