Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:56 AM   #1
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Default Birds...

I started this thread with the CERN’s LHC Shut Down Again thread in the back of my mind. For those who didn't read it:

And again CERN’s Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is out of order! This time it had to be turned off, because a bird dropped a breadcrumb (I’m NOT making this up!) in the huge collider, causing the LHC to overheat.

CERN said that the LHC will be repaired quickly and should be back in full use, later this month. It was only last week that CERN started up the collider again, after it was shut down in September 2008.

So birds do cause serious problems with their anti social, unpatriotic behaviour.
Here's another example:

In Holland we have an event called Domino Day. Every year they're breaking new (Guinnies Book) worldrecords how many domino stones can fall, by pushing the first one. I think last year it was something like 5.000.000. All laid out in beautiful patterns, etc. A typical television event thing. Anyway, for 7 days, there are, I don't know how many, 'kids' (students etc.) placing endless rows of (horizontal) domino stones on the floor of a huge hall & in the evening of day 7 (a saturday) the show starts.

A couple of years ago, a bird (accidently?) flew into the hall, causing more than 20.000 domino stones to fall prematurely. That year the record wasn't broken.

Neither the sponsors, nor the network that's broadcasting this event, showed any mercy for the bird (a sparrow) when it was brutally shot out of the air. It came down on a domino field that was nearly finished. Another 7500 domino stones fell, and there wasn't enough time to build the 'field' up again. Poor sponsor! Naughty bird!

So birds cost us a lot of money. In a lot of cases Taxpayers money!
What can/should be done about this 'bird problem?'

Do I hear: "Extermination!"?

Last edited by TRANCOSO; 11-08-2009 at 07:21 AM.
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:43 AM   #2
TheObserver
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Birds...

Don't forget their havoc on aircraft!
TheObserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #3
artvision
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post
So birds cost us a lot of money. In a lot of cases Taxpayers money!
What can/should be done about this 'bird problem?'

Do I hear: "Extermination!"?
What do you say about BIRD flu?
artvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #4
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

I've had bird strikes while flying...
' Big flocking birds...' They need to be
removed from all airports.

Birds Like fishs.... Should be eaten....

Not song birds...

Tango

Last edited by Tango; 11-09-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #5
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Flying beauties...

Love Always
mudra

mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:19 AM   #6
artvision
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
Flying beauties...

Love Always
mudra
What beautiful birds, Mudra! Beautiful indeed. And these bandits are using them as a bogeyman and escape goat for their insidious bio weapons. They are sinning against man, against Nature and against God, in the same time.

We live in a crazy and scariest world. That's it!
artvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

-

Last edited by no caste; 12-26-2009 at 01:52 AM.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

When I was about 8 years old my parents took me and my brother on a trip around the U.S. for 2 weeks, grand canyon, yellowstone,mesa verde indian cliffs, reno, disneyland, badlands of south dakota ect. When we got to california we stayed for 5 days at my uncles house near disneyland. My uncle had 2 orange trees in his backyard and you could see disneyland from his backyard too.

Upon the first day of being there I was sitting in the backyard and a little sparrow bird came and landed on the table and as I put my finger out the sparrow jumped on my finger. I asked my uncle if he had ever saw this bird before and he said no. So everyday the sparrow returned and would land close and then jump on my finger. On the 5th day , our last day at my uncles we were about to leave , I was in the backyard when he landed again on the table only my little friend this time brought with him 5000 hummingbirds. All of them either landed in the orange trees in the backyard or just hovered there until it was time for the sparrow to bid farewell.

As the Sparrow took off to fly away I watched all the hummingbirds leave the orange trees and follow my little friend off into the distance. My uncle said he never saw the sparrow again after we left but I will always remember how divine and specail that was which left me with the feeling that I was very special too. I'll try and post a picture of the sparrow in a few days on my hand when I was 8.
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #9
Freedom
Avalon Senior Member

Birds are an interesting species, infinate in variety, mystical and down right magical...to see a Swan is big ...its medicine powers include grace, intuitive powers, faith, commitment and the capacity to move with ease through alternate states of consciousness....hmmmm, maybe we should all be seeing Swans.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #10
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
Birds are an interesting species, infinate in variety, mystical and down right magical...to see a Swan is big ...its medicine powers include grace, intuitive powers, faith, commitment and the capacity to move with ease through alternate states of consciousness....hmmmm, maybe we should all be seeing Swans.
Now it got me thinking....a few days ago I put up pictures of swans on many profile pages and some threads. i do not know why I did that...I felt compelled to do that.I noticed now more people talking about swans...why is that?
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:08 PM   #11
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

-

Last edited by no caste; 03-09-2010 at 07:38 AM.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #12
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrangello View Post
When I was about 8 years old my parents took me and my brother on a trip around the U.S. for 2 weeks, grand canyon, yellowstone,mesa verde indian cliffs, reno, disneyland, badlands of south dakota ect. When we got to california we stayed for 5 days at my uncles house near disneyland. My uncle had 2 orange trees in his backyard and you could see disneyland from his backyard too.

Upon the first day of being there I was sitting in the backyard and a little sparrow bird came and landed on the table and as I put my finger out the sparrow jumped on my finger. I asked my uncle if he had ever saw this bird before and he said no. So everyday the sparrow returned and would land close and then jump on my finger. On the 5th day , our last day at my uncles we were about to leave , I was in the backyard when he landed again on the table only my little friend this time brought with him 5000 hummingbirds. All of them either landed in the orange trees in the backyard or just hovered there until it was time for the sparrow to bid farewell.

As the Sparrow took off to fly away I watched all the hummingbirds leave the orange trees and follow my little friend off into the distance. My uncle said he never saw the sparrow again after we left but I will always remember how divine and specail that was which left me with the feeling that I was very special too. I'll try and post a picture of the sparrow in a few days on my hand when I was 8.
Native American Legends
How the king of birds was chosen

http://www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Le...sen-Mayan.html
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #13
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

This past Friday I had an interesting time with a bird. Every night around midnight I'll go into my backyard to meditate. I’ve been doing this for the last 3 or so years. No matter what the weather is like I’m there (rain, snow, hot and humid or freezing conditions).

Sometimes the stray cats and the many species of insects will come by and show me some affection, haha…probably because I feed them from time to time. But anyway, this particular bird / pigeon greeted me at the door as I walk out into my backyard. It did not run or attempted to fly away, so I immediately thought it was sick or wounded. I spoke to it, asking what was wrong, and that’s when he expanded his wings to show me that they were still working. It rain earlier so I thought it was wet and was trying to find a place to dry off. So, I tried to trap it in my cat’s carrying case and leave it in back room for the night… but it wanted no parts of it (I’m not surprised). Since it did not wanted to be saved, I told it to be careful out there because of all the stray cats. As I sat in my chair looking into the night sky I could feel the bird walking around my chair. I meditated for about 20 minutes then proceeded back into the house... But not before wishing the birdie a good and safe night and leaving it a piece of danish to eat.

In the morning I went back to the backyard to see if it was still there. And yes it was there waiting at the door. So I picked up the phone and called a friend and my mother. They told me to call the ASPCA or bag it up and throw it in the front for trash removal. =(

The ASPCA said they will not pick up unless there is 9 or more birds but they will take drop offs. As I made my way into the backyard (putting on thick gloves and toting the cat carrying case) I could not find the bird. I looked under the grill, lawn chairs and tables but found nothing. Just as I was giving up looking for the poor thing, I spotted it sitting on the fence near my tool shed. It saw me and flew away… I don’t know what this was all about, but it felt special for some odd reason… just thought I’ll share this recent unique experience about a bird.

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #14
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

mmmm turkey!

Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #15
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

See Dan's O's... got the Idea !!!

How does that go again, 4 and 20 black birds baked in a pie...

Trooly,

Tango
Old 11-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #16
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
mmmm turkey!

Why don't you post the pictures of slaughterhouses here? and the whole process of killing animals....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:22 PM   #17
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Stargazer for the link, appreicate it!

D62 , your a little early for thanksgiving , about a week and where's all the veggies ?
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:40 PM   #18
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

Did you know the Indian Nations in Arizona gave the name

" Walking Eagle " to the current President of the United States...

Do you know Why...?

Trooly,

Tango
Old 11-16-2009, 10:28 PM   #19
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

I have a good picture of swans what do you think of this it appeared in a daily newspaper last year i kept it because it had a hidden meaning i feel what do you think?If you turn the picture right the way around you will see something quite different see if you can see it!

yes the devil with horns and burning bright eyes! perhaps i am reading to much into this but i can see something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
Now it got me thinking....a few days ago I put up pictures of swans on many profile pages and some threads. i do not know why I did that...I felt compelled to do that.I noticed now more people talking about swans...why is that?
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:17 PM   #20
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Did you know the Indian Nations in Arizona gave the name
" Walking Eagle " to the current President of the United States...
Do you know Why...?
No. Why?
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:05 AM   #21
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

I'll tell you the story just as it was told to me.....

Just as the President of the United States meet all leaders of nations he met
with the old Chief's of the Indian Nations of Arizona.

Well it seems the the President had a planned trip to Phoenix, Arizona, on that
trip he was to meet with the Great Chief's. So the President comes off his plane
get's in the Limo leave Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport heading to the reservation to
meet with the Indian Nations...

On the way the Limo passes the secret service on their stations on the way to
the reservation. All is in place during the meeting the Chief's give the president
a head dress, and a piece of wood with some famous Indian words on it. Then
the President of the United States spoke to the people of the Indian Nations
how he has programs so New Homes can be built. More jobs for Indians and
of course New educational programs and grants for children of the Indian
Nations of the State of Arizona. So the president finishes his talk. Takes his
leave gets in his Limo and is off to the Resort Area of Phoenix, (Camel back Rd)

As the Old Chief is taking off his cermony garb and jewelery, his Head Dress
placed carefully in its case. His grandson at his side asks... Grandpa, why
did you give the President of the United States the name " Walking Eagles "
when you taught us that Eagles always fly... Grandpa, the only time the Eagle
doesn't fly, is after a very big meal. Now, see this grandson is pretty smart too
The Old Chief looks at his grandson before closing the hatch on his vehicle....

But, grandpa the minute the Eagles takes a dump, he is back off in the sky.
The Old Wise one reaches for the door handle of his vehicle. Yes, young one
now All leaders of the World know that the Indian Nations of Arizona, know the President
is Full of s h i t.....

Trooly,

Tango

Last edited by Tango; 11-17-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #22
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Birds play an important symbolic role because they travel in 3 of the 5 traditional elements: air, earth and water. In mythology, the Celestial Bird adds the element of space to that repertoire and the Phoenix, fire.

The Hamsa is a celestial bird that is the vehicle of Indian deities, Brahma and Saraswati. It most often depicted today as a swan -- sometimes the word is translated by gander [male goose] but it is not to be considered an ordinary bird at all. Mythologist Joseph Campbell, entitling one of his books Flight of the Wild Gander, was referring to this bird.

Their remarkably expressive voices, variety of form and sometimes spectacular coloration contributes to the prestige and mythological importance of birds. For example, the Kalavinka is a bird of a Buddhist paradise whose voice is described in part 16 of Ashvaghosha's Acts of the Buddha as the most beautiful of all voices -- so clear and melodious.

After becoming popular in 9th-century Japan, a Chinese T'ang dynasty opera featuring the kalvinka became known by that name. It is still being performed today. Four little boys with wings and flowery crowns play little cymbals that are intended to imitate the kalavinka's timbre.

Besides mythological birds of the celestial class that include the hamsa, the garuda and the kalavinka, many ordinary kinds of bird, such as the peacock, dove, goose -- especially the beautifully marked bar-headed goose (Anser indicus) -- and the ruddy [reddish] duck, the parrot, owl, crow, raven, vulture, eagle, cuckoo, crane and the common cockerel (gallus, rooster) also figure prominently in mythology, folklore, literature and iconography.

Behavior

Important meaning is attached to the behaviour of birds. For example, the surface of Sikkim's Khecheod-palri Lake is surrounded by trees but it is kept stainless as a mirror. As soon as a leaf falls on the water's surface, a guardian bird arrives to snatch it away. Here, the lake can be compared to our stainless Buddha Nature, and the tidying birds are like our attentiveness to our own mental states.

In the cultures of Asia, no creature is considered more sexually active than a bird. A **** is any male bird. Not surprisingly, it is an English slang word for the male organ.

The Pair

Birds are also seen as symbolic of fidelity, duty and devotion. Who has not been impressed with the lengths to which parents will go to guard the nest and care for their hatchlings? But also, many birds pair off for a lifetime.

A pair of birds is a way of depicting fidelity all over the world.

This duality is taken in a different direction with the image of a bird with two heads. For example, in thangkas (Tibetan painted scrolls) sometimes there appear two double-headed birds. The parrot represents two early masters, Kawa Peltsek and Choro Lu'i Gyeltsen, who first rendered the Buddhist scriptures into Tibetan from Sanskrit. The other is a duck that stands for two 8th-century Indian masters, Shantarak****a and his student, Kamalashila.

Metamorphosis

There are many folktales in which women or men transform into birds, especially swans. The Brothers Grimm collected a tale about a sister who had to make shirts that would keep her brothers in human form. The ballet, Swan Lake has two swan maidens under the spell of an owl magician. This type of motif often derives from sacred teachings or mythology. Here, the metamorphosis is suggested by this very ancient Mycenaen [very early Greek] image of three goddesses, who seem to have arrived in the form of 3 swans. They are presenting an offering to their champion.

http://www.khandro.net/animal_birds.htm

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:14 AM   #23
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Oops!

Last edited by TRANCOSO; 03-09-2010 at 06:50 AM.
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:27 AM   #24
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

I like this, I'm definitely on the side of the birds. Fantastic pics thanks Mudra !

Last edited by Zeddo; 03-09-2010 at 06:31 AM.
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:37 AM   #25
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui D View Post
yes the devil with horns and burning bright eyes! perhaps i am reading to much into this but i can see something.
All I see is light. We see what we want to see, we fill our heads with what we want our reality to manifest. If it is devils and demons you want then that is what you will get, that is why I will see angels wings and a spear of light and you will see the devil. It is where you are at.

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote