Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:45 PM   #1
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Default Be Afraid...Very Afraid...

I want to pick at the bones of Fear. I've been watching this phenomenon with some amusement for a couple of years, and I can't keep quiet about it anymore.

What is Fear, anyway?

Is fear an emotion? Is it a condition? Is it a state of being? Is it a reaction of the nervous and endocrine systems to some stimulus? Is it a premonition? Is it a warning from a guide? Is it a demon squeezing our cerebral cortex? Is fear useful? Does it keep us out of danger? Is it crippling us? Does it prevent us from planning and acting?

We hear the word bandied about a lot. "That's fear based..." "I don't give in to fear..." "He's a fear monger..." "fear is a low vibration...".

I just kind of feel it behooves us to understand this thing a little better, as I take it to be relatively true that understanding something can remove some of it's ability to affect one adversely.

Personally, I see fear as having it's origin in the physical realm, most solidly, with a harmonic of it resonating in the slightly less dense "genetic" realm, and perhaps some "unpleasant" impressions haunting the middles realms.

It's not all that important to know for certain where it lives, and comes from. It comes from somewhere, and it's reall enough. Nobody alive has escaped it's clutches.

But it's what happens next that interests me intensely. What one does about it, or perhaps in spite of it.

There is a delightful plethora of examples of people rising above their fear and acting anyway. In fact there was a time following the previous depression where it became quite fashionable to eschew ones fear and entertain others at great personal peril.

I'm sure most of us have seen pictures of circus performers on the high wire, or high trapeze, risking certain injury or death with the slightest mistake. Or the daredevil doing a hand stand on a one legged chair cantilevered out off the side of a skyscraper?

And I'm equally sure most of us have heard stories about acts of bravery where one person risks their life to save another? rushing in front of a bus to save a fallen child? Standing up and taking a bullet, so your mates have a better chance of making it out?

What happens to the fear? Do they not experience it? Or do they quell it's calls for flight, and act in the now, based on some higher necessity?

If some can quell their fear sometimes, can they do it at other less dangerous times? Is this a skill which can be learned? Is it a skill which can be taught?

I subscribe to the model of "man" as a composite of many separate (separable) components. There is a body. It has various chemical and electrical reactions taking place.
There is a genetic component, which has as one of it's functions, the schooling of the future generations in the art of survival. There is the Brain and it's functions, and any number of types of "mind" which come into play. There are some (several?) levels of non/partially physical/energetic realms of existence within which we arguably reside to one degree or another. Such as astral and other etheric strata. There is the sovereign integral as James of wingmakers calls it, which I see as the individual being who cloakes him/her/itself in these other bric-a-brac. And then there are the realms beyond description.

Is there fear throughout all of this strata? I don't think so. I think fear is an animal of the body, and mind. On the physical, it can drive the nervous and endocrine systems to distracion. sweat, heart rate, respiratory rate, adrenalin, etc. On the mental level, it can foreshorten time, cause a panicked spate of planning and action. Rationalize otherwise repugnant behaviour. alteration of normal ethics and morals. And whatever else.

The point is, is all this fear necessary? What does a sovereign integral have to fear? What harm can it possibly come to? Your mothers body and mind, tells you you must be afraid about harm coming to your small child. But is that small child any less a sovereign integral than you are? Your identity as part of a nation tells your Border guard body to be afraid of the lurkers of ill will hiding in the bushes just over the bridge, but are the other citizens in your nation not also sovereign integrals? what possible harm can really be done to them?

Perhaps the question is less "what is fear", and more "what is afraid"? What is it that is really afraid. Are YOU afraid? Is your body afraid? Is it your mind? your country? Your planet? Your family?

I have my own answers to this, and leave it to you to create or review your own.

Is fear an anachronism? Is it our baby toe?

It is so easily manipulated, that I believe getting a handle on it and turning it on it's ear is enough to turn the tide in favour of peace, freedom and love, and a future created from deliberate choice.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:12 AM   #2
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Be Afraid...Very Afraid...

Fear is the emotional response to not allowing yourself to be in the moment. If your consciousness is focused on emotions of the past or possible future events this causes fear. The remedy is training the mind to be commited to right now.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:42 AM   #3
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

There's many levels of fear, from a little scared to sheer terror and parts in between.
Fear is an emotional reponse when given enough time to think about being afraid, spur of the moment, life saving split second decisions don't give you enough time to be afraid.
Fear can also be for protection from harm to the body, kind of a security emotion, so it does have a purpose sometimes.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:31 AM   #4
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Fear...I think it comes from that you believe the fleshy shell that surrounds you is all there is. Over the last year or so, I really believe you can't kill me. You may kill the shell, maim it, torture it....and it may cease in this reality but I still win ....and I will be back stronger and wiser. That's why "they" don't kill you...they kill everyone you know, all those you hold dear. And leave you...they enslave you with the emotional attachments they know you have for your family and friends. Then if that doesn't work...then it's you.
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:05 PM   #5
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Namaste,

Let me share this with you: from 2012: You Have A Choice!
~ Sri Ram Kaa & Kira Raa

Fear results when you separate from Source. Fear is a dense and powerful
energy that has been woven into our basic orientation toward life.
We fear death, change, animals, strangers, aliens, foreigners, getting old,
getting hurt, getting sick, losing our money, losing our beauty, losing our
lover....Fear is everywhere.

False understandings are always the basis of fear....always.
The antidote to fear is connection to Source, aligning with your authentic
energy, your soul. No amount of skill development or training will eliminate
fear from your life. Only true Divine alignment heals the roots of fear.

Fear is the foundation of the discontent. On a personal level, fear must be
faced. You must make friends with your own shadow and integrate the
experience of fear into the wholeness of you. Integrating the shadow
is a homecoming of sorts, for it opens you to disowned energies.
To face your fears by stepping into them means they will be resolved
permanently! This is how you find wholeness.

In Love and Light of the One Infinite Creator!

lightbeing
lightbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:32 PM   #6
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

There is two kind of fear. One useful, meaningful. The other is fruit of the intellect and brings nothing good.

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:29 PM   #7
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

A Scorpion Moment

There was this Hindu who saw a scorpion floundering around in the water. He decided to save it by stretching out his finger, but the scorpion stung him. The man still tried to get the scorpion out of the water, but the scorpion stung him again.

A man nearby told him to stop saving the scorpion that kept stinging him.

But the Hindu said: "It is the nature of the scorpion to sting. It is my nature to love. Why should I give up my nature to love just because it is the nature of the scorpion to sting?"

Don't give up loving.
Don't give up your goodness.
Even if people around you sting.

Where there is Love there is no room for fear.
Love is our foundation
Love gives Space

kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #8
Aisuru Chiku
Avalon Senior Member

F e a r :

False

evidence

appealing

real
Aisuru Chiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #9
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

No Fear

Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:14 PM   #10
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

I feel it's quite simple as there are fundamentally only two real ways to react to any given situation;I feel it's the inability to show love,when one loves fear makes flight.Like that one Dan takes me back to the times of making go carts as a kid.

Last edited by Antaletriangle; 12-28-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:39 PM   #11
eurosceptic
Avalon Senior Member

best use of the word 'behooves' I have ever seen!
eurosceptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #12
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

The other side of fear is excitement. For example, lots of folks enjoy scary movies. In essence being afraid is also a moment for an adrenalin rush where one also feels very alive. So fear is not really a bad thing unless it becomes a chronic condition where one is always operating from a state of fear. So, the goal is to enjoy the moment of fear (aliveness) and then put it behind one and move onto a more productive emotion like happiness.

For example, I'm exceedingly happy that my upgraded computer has spell check. Hah! You have no idea how much joy this brings me, the chronic dyslexic miss speller.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:44 PM   #13
solitaryman
Avalon Senior Member

Real fear is under the control of the limbic system (or reptilian brain) and more precisely, the amygdal.Its development is controled by our DNA.Their is only 2 answers to fear: Fight or Flight.Then there are emotive fears called phobias controled by the hypothalamus with more complexe neural and endocrinal reactions.Fear is a tool for the survival of the specie ,just like thirst,hunger, reproduction,maternal love, etc.
solitaryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:51 AM   #14
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by solitaryman View Post
Real fear is under the control of the limbic system (or reptilian brain) and more precisely, the amygdal.Its development is controled by our DNA.Their is only 2 answers to fear: Fight or Flight.Then there are emotive fears called phobias controled by the hypothalamus with more complexe neural and endocrinal reactions.Fear is a tool for the survival of the specie ,just like thirst,hunger, reproduction,maternal love, etc.
True.. and then their are the psychological "fear" games deliberately used against the
GP as a means to manipulate them. It is one thing to experience fear in the moment for survival purposes and quite another to be manipulated into a chronic state of anxiety and distress as a means to manipulate.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:33 AM   #15
solitaryman
Avalon Senior Member

This is exactely what i am implying by phobia ,an acquired and conditioned scare.
solitaryman is offline   Reply With Quote