Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:29 AM   #1
Wandering Daoist
Avalon Senior Member

Default buckminster fuller - lost interviews 180min

"There is no energy crisis, only a crisis of ignorance."
- R. Buckminster Fuller

Buckminster Fuller described himself as a "living verb." Holder of 48 honorary doctorate degrees, born in the 1890s, he was a philosopher and engineer whose experience and global view of humanity and science enabled him to transcend nationalism and temporary current conditions and foresee the direction of major events in the future.

He created the geodesic dome to show how much can be accomplished utilizing very little. In this program and series of interviews, he points out how mankind is moving from the tangible world which can be evidenced by sight, sound, smell and touch, into the invisible world of energy, ions, electrical forces, etc., so much so that "99.9999% of what affects our reality will be undetectable by our senses."

He states that "man must learn to think for himself, rather than follow blindly what he has been taught." "As the astronauts stated, the words ?up? and ?down? have no meaning. The correct words are ?out? and ?in?. This was confirmed when mankind learned the Earth was round, not flat." He expresses many fascinating theories in these interviews that conditions today confirm.

180 minute interview [requires a BitTorrent client] via torrent [Torrent link deleted by Admin]

Last edited by Gareth; 01-08-2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Torrent link
Wandering Daoist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
apple
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: buckminster fuller - lost interviews 180min

To the Administrator:

I ask that the above link or perhaps even better the whole post be deleted?

I opened the link and it has screwed up my browser and I can no longer access pdf files and read them!!!

It is a torrent file, as is openly acknowledge in the link, and you want to stay away from them.

Spent hours to undo the damage that was done.

I find it unscrupulous that someone posting on this forum has the audacity to post a torrent file!!!
apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
Sideshow Shaman
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for the link, worked fine for me.

I suppose some people should not mess with torrents or gnutella?

Note: once the torrent file is downloaded, a bittorent client is required. I prefer 'Transmission'.
Sideshow Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

These Fuller videos might mess with your mind...but they won't mess with your computer!

1. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4498520786588#

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYtQ_-rpAUo

Namaste

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 01-08-2010 at 09:05 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #5
Wandering Daoist
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: buckminster fuller - lost interviews 180min

>>I opened the link and it has screwed up my browser and I can no longer access pdf files and read them!!!

a lie. torrent files cannot screw up your browser. they are
inert files, not *.exe

>> It is a torrent file, as is openly acknowledge in the link, and you want to stay away from them.

torrent files are the preferred way to share TV shows, clips, books,
and files on the internet.

>> Spent hours to undo the damage that was done.

is this person a troll? i find this statement unbelievable.

> I find it unscrupulous that someone posting on this forum has the audacity to post a torrent file!!!

once again, what is this person talking about. a torrent file
is a tiny file that contains a pointer to the information. its
not illegal. this buckminster fuller video is from a 1979
cable access show. its not copied from any for sale product.

this person is lying. there's no way a torrent file can screw
up your computer. i'm a computer professional with 10+ years
experience with webservers.

either this person is really dumb, an alarmist, or is trying to
troll the site and get posts taken down.

everyone on here uses torrents and knows they do not
cause your computer any harm. get real.

i'm totally offended by these baseless accusations!

Old 01-09-2010, 11:31 PM   #6
Wandering Daoist
Avalon Senior Member

What is further suspicious is the person says "or better yet the whole post being taken down"

????

this is my first time back after the site went free, and this is the
treament i get on this forum. jeez. rough crowd here. i might
as well be posting on ATS !!! forum !!!

Old 01-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #7
smat
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Daoist View Post
What is further suspicious is the person says "or better yet the whole post being taken down"

????

this is my first time back after the site went free, and this is the
treament i get on this forum. jeez. rough crowd here. i might
as well be posting on ATS !!! forum !!!

Thanks for posting this info, I appeciate it.... please don't let one person put you off posting.
I download torrents frequently with no problems, It's a shame the link got deleted, I was looking forward to listening to it.
smat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #8
apple
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you Administrator for removing the link. Just in time. I was contemplating leaving this forum in light of the fact that there appears to be at least one person who does not seem to care about the consequences of his/her actions to others.
apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #9
Wandering Daoist
Avalon Senior Member

Anyway, I just started reading books by Buckminster Fuller, and I find many of his ideas to be along the same lines as project camelot, in that there is a greater power structure holding back humanity - he develops this topic in GRUNCH of GIANTS which is available on the net as a PDF. I'm going to start reading more of his writings. fascinating stuff.

i'm new to buckminster fuller.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:23 PM   #10
Wandering Daoist
Avalon Senior Member

Buckminster Fuller lays out his concept of GRUNCH:

Quote:

"GR-UN-C-H, which stands for annual GROSS UNIVERSE CASH HEIST...Who runs GRUNCH? Nobody knows. It controls all the world's banks...GRUNCH didn't invent Universe. It didn't invent anything. It monopolizes know-where and know-how but is devoid of know-why. It is preoccupied with absolute selfishness and its guaranteed gratifications."

these are abridged parts, but he fully explains his ideas in the book, and I have to chuckle because its almost like a Max Keiser rant in that regard.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #11
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

It may be wise to study the work of progressive thinkers from past decades. This allows one to test their ideas in light of what has transpired since they spoke or wrote. Following the latest fads and gurus may not be a wise plan. Also...someone might have spilled the beans on something...and then subsequently the subject in question might be systematically supressed, sanitized, distorted, or otherwise messed with. It might be cool to study doctoral dissertations. I wish I was 100% smarter...and 100% more emotionally stable...with 100% more time...and unlimited access to a Cray supercomputer with unrestricted links to all alphabet agency, secret government, secrect space program, etc. files! AND unrestricted access to the Vatican Library and all levels of all the D.U.M.B.s throughout the world!!! AND be present at all meetings where the Human God/Goddess of This World and/or the Reptilian God/Goddess of This World were present. Then I might be able to get somewhere!!! But then 'they' would have to get rid of me!!! Besides...ignorance is bliss. I really don't think I could handle the truth...and I mean it. I think we're just scratching the surface on Avalon or ATS. The lie is different at every level...and who knows...there might be at least a hundred levels!!!! How the heck does one determine when the lies stop and the truth begins??? We are sort of like blind astronomers. This is fun and exciting...but what do we really know for certain?

Namaste
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #12
Wandering Daoist
Avalon Senior Member

I think that we *are* the Cray supercomputer we always wanted. To rip off Adam Curry http://www.curry.com, everything is just a fractal of a fractal of the larger truth. Sifting through the broken shards of reality can be fun. but we know we're here to learn something and experience something.