Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Old 09-17-2008, 07:04 AM   #1
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Default One day we'll wake up and....poof!

For several years I've been saying that the United States could one day simply cease to exist, as happened to the Soviet Union in 1990. I'm now seeing how this could very easily happen due to economic factors. Right now we are floating along on a bubble. The recent failures of Fanny and Freddy and Lehman and AIG are signs that the bubble is probably about to burst. When that happens, all bets are off.

There's internet buzz that Cheney/Bush will declare an economic emergency, install martial law, and postpone the elections indefinitely. That would be consistent with the reality of a floundering economy, based on lies and debt. That last move of desperation would also be doomed of course, because once the money is no good, even soldiers and cops quit and go home to be with their families.

I happen to think that this is one of several timelines that may manifest over the next several weeks and months, and that it's possible that utter collapse is imminent. But I also think that this is something where the combined intent and love of lightworkers can make a difference.

Right now, our country is not only broke, we're also short of means (manufacturing sector, R&D, fertile land) to pull ourselves up. Washington is broke. Our cities are broke. I dunno about you, but I sure am broke. And those fun-lovin' guys up in Washington, God love 'em, are squandering every dime they can lay their hands on. So I tend to think that one day, just like Christmas, 1990, folks around the world will wake up and discover that just like that, the witch is dead.

What'll follow here domestically will be a period of chaos. All of a sudden, people who have been practicing bringing sustainability into an urban setting will be in demand, along with simple skills (mechanics, carpenters, salvagers, soapmakers, herbalists), and weapons. Eventually the dust will settle, and we'll discover that we've evolved some new kinds of communities, and that old paradigms of business and governance are irrelevant. In time, I believe there will be few regrets.

whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
HeidiLore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: One day we'll wake up and....poof!

It's been happening right before our very eyes, the big change. I just hope everyone wakes up to these possibilities.
HeidiLore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:02 PM   #3
Sam
Avalon Senior Member

Seen this on the PrisonPlanet forums.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/0...eland_090708w/

Interesting read.

"Beginning Oct. 1 for 12 months, the 1st BCT will be under the day-to-day control of U.S. Army North, the Army service component of Northern Command, as an on-call federal response force for natural or manmade emergencies and disasters, including terrorist attacks."

"They may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control or to deal with potentially horrific scenarios such as massive poisoning and chaos in response to a chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear or high-yield explosive, or CBRNE, attack."
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:15 PM   #4
HeidiLore
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks, Sam...that is VERY interesting indeed.
HeidiLore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #5
Lythocrist
Avalon Senior Member

I am a blacksmith. I have skills in physics, chemistry, and physical metallurgy. My mother is a very adept grower/gardener specializing mostly in exotic fruits and edible self sustaining plants i.e. orange trees, wild grapes, vegetable gardens etc. We have chickens that roam the yard freely and produce eggs better than store bought. My dad is an armed government employee...

BOTH my parents are ex military intelligence (That is as far as I will go with that...)

My main point is that there ARE people out there who have the skills/know-how and will to live off the grid and in the midst of crisis. We live in Florida, so if the global warming ensues, and the waters rise more than say 10-15 feet....We'll be moving north needless to say. But honestly global warming likely won't happen overnight... Something Bill Ryan quoted from a movie I have never seen was. *ET talking to Human. "When things are at their worst, you Humans are at your best."* Simply amazing and utterly true.

I will be doing another sub post of this one that offers opinions hints and logical tips on survival.

Peace&Love
Lythocrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #6
JPS

Sam, thank you for posting that link. Considering what may be about to happen, that article fits in really well.