Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > United States

Notices

Old 09-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
ramallamamama
Avalon Senior Member

Default Hawaii

Aloha from Maui,

With the economy as it is we're turning pretty third-world, as sheople finance new SUVs... I've only met one other family that 'gets it'. We are looking for a dozen or so to start a small community, Upcountry.
ramallamamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:47 AM   #2
LelaBear

Default Hawaii

Aloha from Maui!

I'm ready to start a ground crew on the Valley Isle, hope to link up with some like minded folks through this forum.
I have introduced the Handbook to quite a few people, but most of them have moved on now, and are hopefully spreading the word wherever they might be. B
But it is so time for Hawaii Ground Crew Members to unite and collectively tackle the issues that are so unique to our situation out here in the middle of the Pacific. Regardless of which island you live on, we need to be connected and sharing news, information and, of course, love.

All interested parties are welcome to contact me via email at:
lelabear33@yahoo.com.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:36 PM   #3
ramallamamama
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Hawaii (Maui) Ground Crew

Aloha LelaBear!

I'm Upcountry!

Check your email.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #4
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Aloha, I'm on Big Island, Hamakua Coast and also linked with the Farmer's Agricultural Cooperative. Major projects are now home self-contained aquaponic gardening which also grow fish, shrimp and muscles... which recycles the water to fruit and vegetables in water beds.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:01 AM   #5
pacifichydrogen
Avalon Senior Member

In Kihei. I emailed you.
pacifichydrogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:19 AM   #6
SoldierOfTruth808
Avalon Senior Member

Default One Hawaii

Whats up Hawaii peeps. Im on the island of Oahu and im just putting out a feeler, seeing how many hawaii people are lurking or participating on this site. I cant say that ive met many people in my own life that are savvy to Camelot or Avalon...or the thought process behind this movement in general. I have just one friend that I know of, and well hes the one who directed me Camelot.

Anyway...I think one thing we overlook is that we are 8 islands apart of ONE state. I hope this section of the boards can soon get some life, I think Hawaii is a place where the smallest problem will affect us in the biggest ways since we are simply floating out in the middle of the Pacific. If currency fails and food supply falls short were gonna feel it in the biggest of ways. So speak up Hawaii people we need to be in contact, we need to Kokua and look out for eachother.

Peace out,
Roland K
SoldierOfTruth808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:47 AM   #7
CloudNine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makani View Post
Aloha, I'm on Big Island, Hamakua Coast and also linked with the Farmer's Agricultural Cooperative. Major projects are now home self-contained aquaponic gardening which also grow fish, shrimp and muscles... which recycles the water to fruit and vegetables in water beds.
I made it, Makani!

Old 09-15-2008, 09:56 AM   #8
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Aloha hope you can help-a very close friend of mine was visiting Maui for a holiday and was drowned whilst there.They were watching the blow holes on the coast when suddenly a freak wave came over and dragged him out to sea,he was 29 years of age;a helicopter discovered his body about an hour later this happened about 11 years ago; his name was Sean Jarrett from England.-i'd appreciate if any of the Maui members could pass a prayer on for him,thanks-a strange part to the thread i know but i don't know any Hawaiians-this is the next best i can ask for,thanks.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:09 PM   #9
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Default Re: One Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfTruth808 View Post
Whats up Hawaii peeps. Im on the island of Oahu and im just putting out a feeler, seeing how many hawaii people are lurking or participating on this site. I cant say that ive met many people in my own life that are savvy to Camelot or Avalon...or the thought process behind this movement in general. I have just one friend that I know of, and well hes the one who directed me Camelot.

Anyway...I think one thing we overlook is that we are 8 islands apart of ONE state. I hope this section of the boards can soon get some life, I think Hawaii is a place where the smallest problem will affect us in the biggest ways since we are simply floating out in the middle of the Pacific. If currency fails and food supply falls short were gonna feel it in the biggest of ways. So speak up Hawaii people we need to be in contact, we need to Kokua and look out for eachother.

Peace out,
Roland K
There are several advantages to Hawaii that are not elsewhere... there is always fish. There are tons of wild pigs and this island has the biggest cattle ranch in the US. Bananas, guava and other fresh foods grow wild. One can garden year round. There is no need in most locatons for heat or AC, meaning one's survival is not dependent upon electricity to regulate the indoor temprature. There is plenty of fresh water in various locations and catchment systems in many places.

The biggest problem with Hawaii like many other areas is that 97 percent of its food is flown or shipped in. The few basics to stock up on... bleach (for water purification), rice, oats, flour, sugar, soy, NON GMO seeds to grow food. We have chickens, folks close by who have bee hives, aquaponic gardening off the grid, etc. We have coffee growing here, chocolate made here... we even have horses to haul stuff around, hey were all set.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:34 PM   #10
SoldierOfTruth808
Avalon Senior Member

Simple!....

Yeah not really...

Lets be realistic like most of the US, the people of Hawaii are like Dolphins in captivity. If you think that people are just gonna snap back into the ancient ways and simply know how to live off the land again, youre fooling yourself. Not to mention there probably arent enough of those resources to feed this entire chain. Then again you arent living on Oahu so you dont see the over population that exists here on this tiny island... maybe you have. As for myself I dont think ill have a problem... in fact my family owns land on Maui so I may be going there to do exactly what your talking about. However the rest of the people in this state may not, and probably are not as fortunate.

I dont want to debate anything here, this forum is for us to gather together, but I think it just not realistic to think that the times we may be facing ahead will be a walk in the sunshine. Not to mention if any sort of MAJOR disaster should strike that were only a spec in the pacific that can easily be swallowed up by the ocean, lets hope that never happens. I definetly think that we do have alot of advantages in being apart of this state and its heritage. We are people of the ocean and definetly have lots of resources, but generations and generations of consumerism arent just going to go away and definetly not smoothly. Way I see it is were the fire bearers now, we have the information, we have the forethought on what could, might, and is going to happen. Should any sort of crisis occur its our responsibility to be a major part of Human preservation on this island chain...not just on our own respective islands.... thats all im saying...

Respect,
Roland K
Old 09-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #11
omnicentricity
Avalon Senior Member

i am on oahu and would love to meet up with you. i am beginning to feel the potential of rising pressures that are bringing a lot of urgency to meeting like minded souls. where are your whereabouts?

i'm in upper kalihi.
omnicentricity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:10 PM   #12
SoldierOfTruth808
Avalon Senior Member

Well you are meeting up with me

This is where it begins, we need to see if we can rally up enough hits on this section of the forum. Im excited to see so many people log on to this forum in general, then I look at the Hawaii section and im like.....wow...good job Hawaii (sarcasm sarcasm) haha. Its tough out here with so many traditional ways of thinking, I wish I could convince people here that we dont need to cast away our traditions to be prepared for the future... in fact if anything our future will call for us to go BACK to our traditions, and in the biggest way. But we are plagued with a closed mindedness that is only going to be extinguished through drastic means, and I mean whatever is going to reveal itself within the months coming... I guess that applies to the entire world.

As for me ive started with my friends, whoever is willing to listen to me I tell them what ive learned. Learned on camelot, learned from digging around on the net on my own, learned from whatever media I can get my grubby little fingers on. I encourage you to do the same, and when the time comes we will definetly be meeting up. Way I see it we wont have a choice at some point. The universe provides us with what we need and solidarity will become necassary (sp?) im sure.

Alojah,
Roland
Old 09-20-2008, 10:22 PM   #13
omnicentricity
Avalon Senior Member

I hear ya there. I have put together weekly meetings with friends of mine to collaborate these types of information. Thursdays seem to be what is working out.

And I have about 10 years of research material on these subjects which I began to realize is completely useless unless shared, which is why the meetings came about. To keep my interactions from diverging into the infinite numbers of threads a conversations can follow, I am very interested in focusing on immediate, relevant subjects that create connections to others, understanding of our current situations, and how we can use the information for practical and attainable ways to prepare, be informed and create more resources that are necessary (like contingency plans, water, food and money, for example).

I have a multitude of directly actionable plans that I simply do not have the time or resources (like $$) to pursue myself. If you would like to take action with any of them, I'd be overjoyed to collaborate with you.

I am well along this path and have a lot of solutions to share. Finding people who are receptive and contiributing is another story, which is why its promising to encounter you.

I am serious about meeting up! It's not really necessary to wait and see how many people read this thread because NOW is what matters and every person we know is significant.

By the way, my name is Nate. Pleased to meet you

Last edited by omnicentricity; 09-20-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:00 PM   #14
Mizar
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Hawai'ans;
Perhaps some of the Ancient knowledge will be of use to all of us on PC, one of the reasons I learned Celestial Navigation was to be able to get to the Islands and back after GPS is gone, in addition to that I have studied the Ancient art of landfinding in the Pacific ( by David Lewis, a supporter of the original Hokulea Project), The Ancient Hawiian's had methods of storing food and water for long voyages, just the methods all tropical PC members can use.
What do you know? what has been handed down from your Elders?
Mizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:50 AM   #15
SoldierOfTruth808
Avalon Senior Member

This is a good fu@king start!

Now that we have all spoken up on this forum, we exsist to eachother. We are all apart of eachothers consiousness, we are all floating on the same grid and that is a great start. My knowledge is very limited, which is why im glad to meet you Nate. Someone who has spent an extensive amount of time gathering data, thats huge. As for me, few years ago I agreed with myself that id learn to operate on instinct, always trusting what my intuition has told me. Knowing down to the marrow of me that mana does still exsist and is around us...maybe weaker in some places like Oahu but around none the less. I know that ill stand up and even fight to preserve a future for those generations that follow me, and even those who I follow that may not be ready to face the on coming wave of change. What have my elders left me? Well id like to say something practical and useful but ill have to instead be honest. I was left a stubborn proud attitude and a decent tolerance for alchohol. I was left a loud opinionative mouth and a deep value in family and the safety for those I love. These things... minus the alchohol tolerance, are called motivation. The alchohol just marks me as a normal flawed human being. I dont pretend to be some celestial godsend or a medium, or any type of spiritual guru... im real..and im concerned. It pisses me off that we have been lied too and it sadens me to see that my own family is a product of these lies. Im mad and im ready for change. I know that change is inevitable...but survival may not be. So im glad to have met like minded individuals like yourselves.

In theory we are all of ONE conscious mind, all one big consiousness operating on a common grid. That being said we all know that alone we will NEVER survive. I asked a friend once, "If we are all of one consiousness.. why are there so many idiots in the world?" He said "Well if were like a body, there are arms and legs and the heart and lungs and veins and all sorts of parts." To which I replied "and some of us are just toe nails." Which are important parts of the body none the less. I believe that people who are awakend at this time are being called to be the central nervous system of this entire body of consiousness. Some portions of this system deal with different functions, which means with whatever strengths we can contribute we can all survive together with those strengths and contributions. Mizar you now how to navigate, thats ****in awesome, thats something I could never see myself doing in a million years... but catch clean cook a fish? Ill do that for you. Maybe not as good as others...well I can cook better than some...maybe... but when called to I definetly can. I believe diplomacy is my biggest strength... I hope theres a place for that on the journey to our future, but im willing to contribute anything I can towards survival and liberation.

Anyway, lets keep it here for a bit Nate. Ill be honest with you... because its the only way I can be. I have trouble just jumping up and going out to meet a stranger. Not to say youre full of ***** or anything...hell for all you know im full of *****, but I think from this safe distance we can communicate and still build an effective bond through this medium... at least until im comfortable. No offense intended really. I think were off to a good start, we just planted a seed for a Hawaii community and ive seen other communities build in this same way. Lets keep this up, I have a good feeling about it.

Peace,
Ro
Old 09-21-2008, 05:11 AM   #16
SoldierOfTruth808
Avalon Senior Member

Default Spirit/Energy/Mana: Experiences & Stories

Ok, this has always been fascinating to me. I believe in energy, I believe it is a real tangible force. Ive seen examples of it in my life and even the lives of others, its serious *****. From the smallest of occurances to the outstanding, energy plays a role in pretty much all. An example I always give is of my Ex girlfriend, and im sure alot of people can relate to this example. We had been together for 3 years, shared a bed, food, time, and even fluids If I wanted her attention I never had to speak a word. I could look at her, and picture her eyes looking at me and she would turn and do just that. She could have been clear across the room, but to me because of all the time we had spent together we were now directly apart of the same energy. On the same note when we broke up there were times when I knew she was falling farther and farther away from me, I felt as though I could literally feel that bond of energy fading... its been almost a year and I dont feel that it has completely died even though we both have our own lives going on at this point. I would like to know if anyone else has any stories of energy/spirit/mana whatever you wanna call it that they could share... Im totally interested in hearing some good ones. Ill even share another story before I go to diversify this convo.

This is an example of mana. My best friend and I are from Kailua, we almost literally spent our childhood days on the Heiau near castle hospital. Lots of people are leary of Heiau because they know that spirits exsist near and on them... im sure you all have heard the stories. But of this Heiau, we have no fear, we almost feel apart of it. So one night as we do and have done for years, we go down to a really dark portion of the Heiau to spark something up if you know what I mean. We had made this trip a million times at night. We believe that for the most part the area has a lack of mana because of all the development and tourist traffic, but theres this one banyan tree thats over a rock formation that we know for sure is fully active. So we begin our trek down near this tree to the spot we go to smoke. The second we entered the shade of this tree (moonlight) the both of us, without verbal communication, stop dead in our tracks. I remember feeling alarmed, but since I try to trust my instincts now, I didnt turn and run in fear. We both looked at eachother and my best friend said to me "You feel like we should turn back?" and I just noded as we turned and headed back up the path. We talked about it and both felt like something was telling us it wasnt a good idea to go down there that night. As if we knew we werent alone at that moment. That was actually one of the biggest moments that I could tell myself that mana still thrives on our lands.

Anyway, post it up guys,
Ro
Old 09-21-2008, 06:40 AM   #17
ramallamamama
Avalon Senior Member

Aloha,

I'm over here on Maui, Upcountry. I've contacted a two other PA forum members claiming to be here on Maui but never heard back from them.

I've been digging your posts, SoldierOfTruth808.

I grew up on Oahu and lived there for 30 years or so. I gave up my job as an ad exec and sold the condo. My Grandma's real old, I saw the real estate market writing on the wall and I was sick of working for the man. Oh yeah, I was sick of the police state Oahu has turned into. And plus my home was surrounded by Pearl Harbor, Hickam AFB and Red Hill weapons battery. This is why I moved to the Garden Isle.

I've been prepping for about for awhile now. I'm pretty well setup for anything short of a meteor strike in my backyard. I'm looking for a better living setup, ideally something like a small community of people that a willing to live 'off the grid' and practice sustainability. Soon the practice will come in handy.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:37 AM   #18
ramallamamama
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Spirit/Energy/Mana: Experiences & Stories

Ah, Ulupo Heiau... Were Menehune ETs? I've often wondered? I have a story from that sacred spot, I'll save it for another day.

I learned to swim at Kailua YMCA in a Summer Fun program. I moved to Kaneohe in 1971 from the San Francisco Bay Area. I was an impudent little tow head, rejoining my Father's side of the family after my Mother's untimely passing on. My Mom's side of the family were all Hippies, Pop's career military.

It was difficult.

Fast forward to my first year of college at Windward Community College. I was majoring in liberal arts, table tennis and fine Hawaiian buds. Mostly the last two.

In those days, the Haiku stairs were way off-limits. The US Coast Guard was custodian of the property, they were still running their ULF Omega station. (Google that for a kick sometime...) So one day a couple friends and myself decided to cut classes and make the hike up to the top of the ridge.

For PA community members we are talking about the most breath taking place of natural beauty I have ever seen. Haiku Valley is a valley of 2K' sheer crenalated cliffs covered by dense foliage. The government decided to stretch aerial antenna across the valley, from ridge to ridge. I leave you to your Googling for the purpose. Today there is a ******* freeway that runs through it's heart.

Back to my story... We loaded up our backpacks with beer and food and a bong and embarked on our journey. Here's where the journey got ugly.

Disrespecting the land, I thought it would be cool if I dislodged and tumbled some giant boulders into the forest below. We were noisy and probably left beer can empties along the way.

On the way down I almost fell to my death. It was a miracle that I didn't. I slipped in loose dirt and through some kind of super human effort managed to grab a railing at the last minute. I would have fallen hundreds of feet and crashed into treetops and rocks.

Thinking nothing of it all, I continued in my self absorbed existence.

I was riding my bicycle to school and around town. I almost got run over a few times, crashed when my brake failed and got very ill, all within a few days. I was filled with a sense of impending doom. I felt very uncomfortable when I was at the college campus, which is right at the base of Haiku Valley.

I mentioned this to a friend that was of Native Hawaiian descent. He was like,"Dude, you have to come talk to my Mom..." His Mother was Napua Stevens a very popular Hawaiian music entertainer in Waikiki in the 40s and 50s. She was quite old by then and was writing about Hawaiian cultural beliefs and history.

I told her that there might be a connection between my wonton destruction of pristine land and my spate of 'bad luck'. With love, she explained to me what I had done. She spoke of ****** off spirits and my need to make amends.

She told me to go to Sandy Beach and collect some salt from the tide pools, meditate on what I had done and come back the next day. I did and when I called on her the next day she had a tapa cloth bag filled with red kahili ti leaf stalks and an olena bulb. She explained the importance of each item. She instructed me to go back up to Haiku valley where I had tumbled the boulders plant the olena and ti, sprinkle the salt and pray for forgiveness to the spirits of the valley.

Filled with dread, I did these things. By the time I was finished my sense of impending doom was lifted. I had no more near death experiences in my daily life. I recovered from the sickness I was illness I was feeling.

Since then I have hiked often, all over Oahu. I feel love from the land, feel cradled in it's embrace even. I bring offerings. I'll bring fruit, papaya, mango, guava all collected by myself and leave them on little 'altars' I make.
I thank whatever forces are around me for providing me with such a beuatiful place to be.

To this day I volunteer for beach clean up, stream clearing and trail mantenence opportunities. I am all about helping others and protecting the land. What else is there really?

Last edited by Argante; 09-22-2008 at 12:12 PM. Reason: vulgarity
Old 09-22-2008, 12:55 AM   #19
SoldierOfTruth808
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Spirit/Energy/Mana: Experiences & Stories

Dude thats a bad ass story. They say that even the boulders have living mana in it. In the ancient days they would ask the permission of a rock before they even moved it. Imagine every boulder used to make a Heiau was first asked if it could be put there.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:43 AM   #20
omnicentricity
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfTruth808 View Post
I have trouble just jumping up and going out to meet a stranger. Not to say youre full of ***** or anything...hell for all you know im full of *****, but I think from this safe distance we can communicate and still build an effective bond through this medium... at least until im comfortable.
lol... that's an interesting projection. I'm not here to sell you anything my friend. If you choose to remain in the comfortable reality bubble you are accustomed to, that is entirely your prerogative. Free will is a double edged sword of awesomeness like that

One interesting peripheral thought here (and forgive me for embellishing on this idea, but I find these topics fascinating) ~ If you wanted to, for example, choose to examine the languaging you are using, it might be worth noting the way you are weilding the word "stranger" as a tool in your linguistic skillset...

If all the ancient wisdom traditions really are accurate (Huna included of course), and if all the syntheses of the amazing information we have access to does actually provide us with a more complete model to describe realilty, then there is a question worth asking - "If we really are fragmented experience nodes of a multidimensional being that is under the illusion of separateness, what possible reasons would you have for not being excited to encounter another version of yourself?"

I too used to think of the word stranger as a pejorative. Living that way made it hard to relate to others because thats what I was choosing to create... and then I learned how to choose to create something else and now it seems like when I go out into the world, everyone is a friend.

Think about this, because I feel that this is not rhetoric and actually has enormous implications for your entire life ~ People everywhere are just begging to be engaged by someone who can inspire them out of the restrictive reality matrix they exist in.

I realized a while back that I could choose to see all of my kindred spirit human counterparts as strangers (which is, by the way, to literally buy the frame of reality that the masses have been indoctrinated with)... or I could do what I wanted and smile at anyone who made eye contact, greet them, and even crazier stuff like actually starting a conversation! Once this became a normal part of reality for me, the meaning of the word "stranger" lost all of its entracing restrictions that once existed.

Staying inside a bubble of self-created separation from the rest of the world is precisely what the control system is coercing each one of us into choosing to create for ourselves!

I'm truly at a point in my life where I choose to resonate with the expression of my Spirit, which renders any kind of mind control silliness irrelvant.

There are two ways to be - you can be your hearts true desire and resonate to the perfect self expression of your soul... OR you be mind controlled. Because if you aren't being and experiencing your own truth, anything else is mind control.

Anyway, I digress. I'll create time to meet with any person who is moving forward to create healing within him/herself, his/her surroundings, and his/her world. And Ro, if you don't want to play that game, I'm honestly 100% cool with that, with no hard feelings at all. Really. Also, it's pretty much completely impossible to offend me so no need to apologize and make excuses for not wanting to meet up, bro!

I would like to remind you that you are the one who made this thread... I was following up your intention with an actionable way to make something happen. Is resisting this process something you truly desire... or is it just your ego fighting to avoid its last death throes because your Spirit is finally awake?

Forgive me for taking the liberty to project some thought patterns on you which may or may not be more healing than the ones you may or may not have been projecting in the recent past.

Aloha & be well
Old 09-22-2008, 12:35 PM   #21
SoldierOfTruth808
Avalon Senior Member

You seem to be offended by the things that I said.... Even though you deny it, I can feel it in the way you wrote that entire post and then pointed out that you couldnt be offended. Remember if you are a version of me, I know you as well as I know myself. Honestly, im a bit confused as to why youve chosen a passive aggressive stance but...ok. I dont think I made any excuses about anything, in fact I plainly said, im not comfortable with that at the moment but I think we can swap info and work up a bond here. I wasnt trying to insult your intelligence or your awarness...but youve kinda insulted mine.

Quote:
If all the ancient wisdom traditions really are accurate (Huna included of course), and if all the syntheses of the amazing information we have access to does actually provide us with a more complete model to describe realilty, then there is a question worth asking - "If we really are fragmented experience nodes of a multidimensional being that is under the illusion of separateness, what possible reasons would you have for not being excited to encounter another version of yourself?"
If you read the other portion of this post besides the "I dont feel comfortable meeting up with you at the moment" part, youd see that I mentioned my awareness of humans being one living consciousness. Above all however im aware of not just the reality that I draw, but the plight of others around. Which like so many things, is like a game of chance. You never know what another human beings true intentions are. We arent a perfect society of consciousness yet we are striving to be that, you cant expect me to let down my guard just because you question how aware I am. I simply said we should share thoughts here for now, I dont see what the big deal is. Theres no illusion of anything, I see all angles now and I realize that im in control of them.

Quote:
Staying inside a bubble of self-created separation from the rest of the world is precisely what the control system is coercing each one of us into choosing to create for ourselves!
Quote:
I would like to remind you that you are the one who made this thread... I was following up your intention with an actionable way to make something happen. Is resisting this process something you truly desire... or is it just your ego fighting to avoid its last death throes because your Spirit is finally awake?
I dont understand why youre condescending me. Im not resisting anything, I think this forum is a great way to act. Why draw attention to my ego? I dont understand what you were trying to achieve by responding this way. I also think that imposing your will on someone elses boundries and principals is pretty *******ic. I already gave credit to your study, you dont need to flex your knowledge anymore.

I dunno,
Roland
Old 09-24-2008, 05:28 AM   #22
omnicentricity
Avalon Senior Member

Roland -

Please hear me. I really want to clarify to you that I took absolutely zero offense whatsoever to you my friend, and had NO intention of condescending you. If that's what you perceived, I'll take responsibility for the limitations of my ability to express my myself properly, and also the constrictions of the medium we are communicating on.

Words on a computer screen can be drastically inadequate to express ourselves sometimes, so maybe I should have used more smilies or something - LOL. Just imagine me smiling and laughing constantly while you read this, because that's how I typically speak Well intended inside jokes told with a big smile can certainly seem like less than benevolent or even condescending when all we have to judge them are the words...

For me, forums are a vehicle to make something happen in real life rather than become absorbed with, which is another reason why I am creating active community with people who resonate to the same ideas and know each other rather than flexing mental muscle on the internet... these types of bizarre misunderstandings are a wonderful example of why I don't spend a great deal of time on forums :P

The long diatribe post I made was not only an attempt to perhaps point you to some belief patterns that may not be serving you, but also an excercise in examining my own beliefs behind what you were communicating, because in my past I very much identified with what you are saying. Any projections that you received as anything less than addressing you as a complete equal and friend were not intended in the least

But I don't want to be attracting people to lecture to in any regard, if that is indeed what you are imagining. In fact I don't even want to be acknowledged for being smart or anything like that. If anything I am desiring teachers and more friends - equal partners in helping each other along our chosen paths, which is what the meetings I have been holding are intended for. Should any of the speculated negative potentials manifest (like losing electronic means of communication), I am working to make sure I don't get caught with my pants down because I didn't meet people when the opportunity was available. You are more than welcome to join the meetings I have been hosting whenever and if-ever you feel compelled (and this also goes for anyone else who happens to be reading).

The servant in me wants to say that if I provoked the perception of being condescending, offended or arrogant, please accept my apologies... however, the healer in me wants to point out that feeling those responses is always your choice

The door is always open...

Last edited by omnicentricity; 09-24-2008 at 05:32 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:24 AM   #23
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Default Re: Hawaii

Aloha,

We could really use a few more moderators from the Islands. Anyone here interested?

Mahalo Nui Loa,

Makani
Old 09-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #24
Soleil

Hi, I'm new to this website and would love to connect with like-minded people in Oahu, specifically Honolulu. E-mail me if you'd like. What's coming down is really concerning me. I just moved out here and don't know very many people.

Thanks.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:46 PM   #25
teleologue

Aloha, great to be here among friends. I'm in Kaimuki, and would love to meet up with others in the islands. Email is welcome. My name is James, and I've been meeting regularly with Nate and others, participating in dialogue concerning the issues at hand.

Soldier808 - I hear you loud and clear RE oahu & (over)population.. just recall the chaos which followed that little earthquake we had a few years ago..scheisse. That was just a pimple..

Not that I wish to express any form of alarmist consciousness.. AND, at the same time, Neighbor Island preparedness features prominently on my list. It is my hope to connect with people here living ethically/responsibly/sustainably/off-grid on any and all of the neighbor islands - particularly because my background is in architecture (which I describe as a study and practice of how people can best live).

Soldier808 I'll email you an account RE the "mana" topic you posted about - I typed it out and it was too long and off-topic for posting here.. and Soleil - email also.

I'm happy to see so many names here in the Hawaii "box" and I'm looking forward to co-creating something wonderful, beautiful, and amazing in the present and future now.. with y'all =).

hey that rhymes

good times

follow the signs

don't forget the limes

and pay your parking fines

malama pono