Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 09-15-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member

Default Vegetarians or Vegans?

Hi all!

I was wondering if any one else was veggie or vegan?
Does anyone think this is important step towards ascention?

Stef
chelmostef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
ChooseYourLifeNow
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Vegetarians or Vegans?

I am a vegetarian! I have been one all my life, and I'm thankful for it. I think it's the a step in the evolving direction. I heard somewhere that those who have already began to thin out their diets are definitely on their way to ascension.

My only worry is if I'm suddenly put in a surviving situation will I have to start eating meat? Yuk...not a happy thought. I'm making sure I have enough edible-plant knowledge before anything like that happens.
ChooseYourLifeNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:50 AM   #3
ForsakenFalcon
Avalon Senior Member

While I'm not a Vegetarians or Vegan I do respect the People whom choice to be & if I wasn't such a meat hungry dinosuare I'd be happy not eating once liveing animal's though I do belive it's with in our nature to eat meat and it does contribute towards brain and physical devoulpment.

Think about all the non civilised tribes (i use civilised losely) whom hunt and live in wood huts and the such the one's whom do have a reliable access to meat seem to out last those whom don't.

Both in physical health and storeing enough iron and othere protiens to outlast the winter & in the case's of tribal war's the one's whom are better feed are generaly the ones whom come out victorious.

Personaly though I could never farm and raise animals for the soul purpose of killing them to eat, to Me thats like killing and eating My children (if I had any) & in term's of Hunting well I'd rather pick up a bow & quiver and a hunting knife then that of a modern day riffle, if there is no risk on My behalf it seem's realy unfair lol.
ForsakenFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:11 AM   #4
Chris Parson
Avalon Senior Member

i don't eat animals who love their mommies (i'll eat fish)
Chris Parson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:27 AM   #5
lohiaaditya
Avalon Senior Member

Hi,

I dont know whether its a step towards ascesion or not, but considering my parental heritage I was brought up not eating Non vegetarian. There was a point in my life where I got the hint that eating Non Veg was 'cool'. I tried putting a piece of chicken in my mouth but I couldnt even touch it I dont know why. I was in school around where almost 95% of people were Non Veg and it was easy to get caught up but somehow I managed not to get caught in eating meat. And now its okay with me. I think if you know where to look for it, you ll find enough vegetarian dishes that are super delicoius so I have never felt the need of even trying it now. I dont think I ever will anyways. That was my viewpoint.
lohiaaditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:46 AM   #6
Bonnie
Avalon Senior Member

Vegetarian here. After eating meat for a little over 30 years, I, all of a sudden, just did not want to consume it anymore. Now, this transition from eating meat to vegetarian, incidentally, also happened right around the time I was asking and looking for guidance for things like raising my consciousness/ascension. Is there a correlation between me wanting to raise my consciousness/ascension and transitioning into vegetarianism? I don't know. But, it is funny that these two things suddenly came into my life pretty much at the same time. I have heard a few people say that the road towards ascension does not necessarily mean one has to give up eating meat or certain foods, but others feel otherwise. Maybe, the best guide to let one know whether vegetarianism or veganism is important for them to reach ascension is their soul.

Last edited by Bonnie; 09-17-2008 at 08:45 AM.
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #7
dac
Avalon Senior Member

www.nomilk.com
dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:15 AM   #8
sternschweyf
Avalon Senior Member

I don't eat species that move when reproducting.

Last edited by sternschweyf; 09-16-2008 at 07:59 PM.
sternschweyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #9
starman
Avalon Senior Member

I've been a vegetarian for about a month and I will soon transition over to veganism. I regard the whole lifestyle as a tool for becoming more compassionate.
starman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:27 PM   #10
Jonah
Avalon Senior Member

Please consider that test were done on people that do not eat meat. It was conclusive that with out the properties that meat gives the brain it leads to memory loss in later years.
Jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:38 PM   #11
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

i have been vegetarian for many years now, also do not have dairy.
Like a previous post if i had to eat meat now i think it would make me very ill.
Don't know about the ascention thing but not eating living things must surely give you a cleansed body and soul.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:55 PM   #12
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorian's Revenge View Post
Please consider that test were done on people that do not eat meat. It was conclusive that with out the properties that meat gives the brain it leads to memory loss in later years.
Source of this study? Sounds like the normal FDA type method of scewing views on health and reality to me.

I went vegan about 6 months ago. My main reason at the time was because it was so hard to find meat that isn't loaded with antibiotics and growth hormones. Now there are many many more reasons why I'm glad I made my choice.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:23 AM   #13
eddiefibbro
Avalon Senior Member

Well, yes I am a vegetarian. Been one since i was 24 years old and now I am 61. I have raised 7 children as vegetarians and split roughly 50/50 they are by choice veg or non veg.

Originally, a Hindu/karma/ living in India inspiration. Now that I know all religions are mind control BUT intuitively knowing it is important I have discovered the proper reason (in my view) it is important to refrain from eating the flesh of living beings.

We are living in a giant holographic universe that operates off the binary of FEAR and LOVE. It is easy to understand that when the Annunaki set up the scene for humanity's next 5,200 year cycle (26,000/5) now drawing to an end, they put in place programs that would guarantee their domination through fear of human kind The Temple of Solomon was the perfect program, dedicated as it was to presenting the burnt offering of flesh to the gods. There humans were introduced to the idea of Sacrifice of Life to feed the gods. We know the stories of the Astral near dimensional beings who harvest human emotion ( a transformation of sun light) just as humans harvest plants and animals (transformations of sunlight).

This is the core program of the Predators, something they call the food chain, survival of the fittest, dog eat dog etc. However, we are deeply into a program of planetary ascension. The process involves each individual making CONSCIOUS choices that are opportunities to evolve based upon the established binary program- FEAR or LOVE.

We are programmed by the dominant culture to choose FEAR. The choice for each Soul is to go with the flow OR to resist the fear that is designed to funnel all the Sheeple into the corral.

The opposition- benevolent ETs, self realized reincarnatees, sincere souls are always pre-disposed to seek information (LIGHT) and pass it on. LIGHT is the precursor of LOVE. So, one happy and do-it-yourself program available to us all is the the free will choice we make in respect to feeding the body. By recognizing CONSCIOUSNESS as the presence of life and CHOOSING to honor life rather than take it for the sustenance of our own flesh, we have an opportunity on a daily basis to reinforce our tendency to choose LOVE over FEAR.

The Ascension moment- whether it is 21/12/2012 or in 20 minutes- will be a unique subjective moment when each individual has the opportunity to make the the personal FEAR/LOVE choice which will write that person's ticket for metaphorically the next 26,000 years. So, LIGHT says, Eat for Love!
eddiefibbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:24 AM   #14
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Btw here is a good show to convert meat eaters to veggies.

http://www.chooseveg.com/animal-cruelty.asp

It's hosted by one of the Baldwins.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:12 AM   #15
uniconr
Avalon Senior Member

Default nutrition lesson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorian's Revenge View Post
vorian here is referring to vitamin b12. it is found naturally only in meat and animal products. edit: or not. read Phtha's link and associated articles long term deficiency can be fatal.

it is an essential supplement for vegans. while it is possible to derive a multitude of vitamins and minerals from vegetable sources, if you are not eating meat, dairy, or eggs, you are most likely deficient in b12 edit: but dont take my word for it, get a blood test!

the studies have been numerous, but most of them are portrayed as 'proof' that vegetarian/vegan diet is not good for you, that it will shrink your brain, cause irreversible nerve damage etc etc

if youre going to eat a vegetable-based diet, it is really important to learn a few things about nutrition. you are missing out on a lot of nutrients if you dont know to eat the right foods. what comes to mind immediately are the essential fatty acids, omega 3 6 and 9, but lately, in canada at least, the trend has been to fortify a lot of different foods with those, and many breakfast cereals as well as soy/rice/nut/hemp milk are fortified with b12 but dont depend on those.

unfortunately, i feel confident in saying that most humans are malnourished in some way, regardless of dietary structure. most people should really be on multivitamins..

much love,
a vegan

Last edited by uniconr; 09-17-2008 at 11:12 AM.
uniconr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:44 AM   #16
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: nutrition lesson!

After gaining a huge distrust for anything that is planted in the public spectrum by so called "professionals", double so when it comes from the medical profession, I started researching this b12 issue after a friend warned me about it.

Here is a good article on the b12 hoax.
The Vitamin B12 Hoax by V.V. Vetrano, B.S., D.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniconr View Post
vorian here is referring to vitamin b12. it is found naturally ///only in meat and animal products. long term deficiency can be fatal.

it is an essential supplement for vegans. while it is possible to derive a multitude of vitamins and minerals from vegetable sources, if you are not eating meat, dairy, or eggs, you are most likely deficient in b12

the studies have been numerous, but most of them are portrayed as 'proof' that vegetarian/vegan diet is not good for you, that it will shrink your brain, cause irreversible nerve damage etc etc EAT YER SUPPLEMENTS
Old 09-17-2008, 11:07 AM   #17
uniconr
Avalon Senior Member

v interesting. the b12 articles (i read five) on the raw foods site are saying that the standard for healthy b12 levels is much higher for high fat and meat oriented diets, due to impediments to absorption, than for the vegan diet. applying one standard to the other diet is incorrect.
im not a medical professional and so i have never asked to see the chemical analysis of my bloodwork, but i was told that said tests showed i had a 'marked deficiency'. its possible that the test results would show my levels were unhealthy for a conventional diet, but healthy for a vegan diet. or its possible that i really do have a deficiency, im lucky enough to be part a very select group, what the articles refer to as 'one or two vegans' being low on b12. i wasnt found to be anemic though
while the link between pernicious anemia and b12 was disputed, there are other problems associated with low b12 levels. things directly associated with b12s function in the body, like cell metabolism and dna synthesis, and problems arising from chronic deficiency, the decay/sclerosis of nervous tissue in the brain and spine.

thanks for the link though! and i apologize for my post reading as 'eat your vitamins or die' or stating that vegans et al. were 'most likely deficient'. i too distrust the medical profession, but i dont have the facilities to do my own blood tests, and thats currently the only way to gauge nutrient levels
uniconr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:24 AM   #18
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

I am a hypocrite vegatarioan. (I eat fish)

My wife is a vegan
EYES WIDE OPEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:22 PM   #19
David
Avalon Senior Member

The smell of red meat gets me sick. I eat fish and lots of vegetables.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:41 PM   #20
sunnyrap
Avalon Senior Member

I tried total vegan when I was young adult and got too thin and too weak (didn't know what I was doing). Then I llimited myself to very occasional fish & chicken for many years, eating a lot of eggs and nuts. I finally went totally vegan and don't miss meat at all. Now I can't stomach chicken or fish either. I read a text by a 'master nutritionist' who had devoted his life to its study. He had no particular moral compunctions about eating meat or not, he just noticed it was bad for people. He said our basic physiology was 'fructiferous'--meaning our teeth and jaws are designed for eating fruits and nuts. Studies of recently rediscovered ancient scrolls advise humans to eat fruits-nuts-seeds, period--and not to mix our foods up very much (i.e., eat one kind of fruit/veg at a time) for proper digestion. Recent more scientific studies bear this out. You can reverse aging, eliminate a host of diseases and gain tons more vitality with this kind of diet.
sunnyrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:18 PM   #21
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member

Also If you eat a high vegatable diet your body produces cologen which in turn keeps you looking young! Most Vegans look younger than their years, this is why! Healthy for your soul and your skin!
Not so sure about the B12 thing I will have to look into it, thanks for pointing out. I dont seem to be going senile yet although others might disagree..

Last edited by chelmostef; 09-17-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:58 PM   #22
Kundaflower
Avalon Senior Member

Hi beloveds

Vegeterian, heritage from Hinduism....

I think vegetarian food is art in India and its easy to fall in love it...

Also its value for higher counsiousness is recognized....

Shanti
Kundaflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:02 PM   #23
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniconr View Post
thanks for the link though! and i apologize for my post reading as 'eat your vitamins or die' or stating that vegans et al. were 'most likely deficient'. i too distrust the medical profession, but i dont have the facilities to do my own blood tests, and thats currently the only way to gauge nutrient levels
I understand where you coming from. The problem with getting blood tests is the results are measured against standards that are more then likely fraudulent or just plain wrong.
These are the same folks that are telling us cancer is a genetic disease and virtually incurable. Today because of the "wisdom" of the establishment, 1 in 4 people will develop this disease in a lifetime, and you don't have to go far back in time to realize cancer rarely even existed 200 years ago. There are at least 4 cancer cures that have been completely suppressed from the public since the early 1900's. And the same goes for many of the other so called diseases we get.

Sorry for going off topic a little but I just don't trust a thing they tell us. My personal belief (because of much research) is that the whole medical establishment needs to go away. It "cures" people from illness that are caused directly from chemicals and other foreign substances that they put in our food/water and air. The amount of people that die from doctors and other medical professionals is equivalent to a 911 attack every week. That's not called "healthcare".

On the bright side of things, eating a healthy diet and not intaking foreign substances will make us virtually disease free, as we are meant to be. Disease and sickness is not part of our makeup as we have been taught.

Much love.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:19 PM   #24
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phtha View Post
These are the same folks that are telling us cancer is a genetic disease and virtually incurable. 1 in 4 people will develop this disease in a lifetime. There are at least 4 cancer cures that have been completely suppressed from the public since the early 1900's. And the same goes for many of the other so called diseases we get. It "cures" people from illness that are caused directly from chemicals and other foreign substances that they put in our food/water and air. The amount of people that die from doctors and other medical professionals is equivalent to a 911 attack every week. That's not called "healthcare".
Still off topic but I totally agree with this. I am very seceptical of the pharmaceutical industry. They thrive if ill health. They dont want to cure us but to buy more drugs. Anti-depressents that make you suicidal can't be good. A drug for this and a drug for that. If it the sole purpose was not to make money a profits they would cure us!!

I would like to add though, if the worst case scenario does happen. And If food is in short supply what drugs or vitamins would be worth will having in a kit bag to keep one going? Maybe thats for a new post though..

Stef
Old 09-17-2008, 07:42 PM   #25
arcora
Banned

This thread is very good news for me.

After all hell breaks loose and only we enlightened people are left standing, red meat will be plentiful.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote