Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 04-05-2009, 04:30 AM   #1
vagabunda
Avalon Senior Member

Default Anyone experimented with infrared cameras?

I was just wondering if anyone has tried using infrared cameras to view our immediate (other) realms that can be viewed with such devices. I've had the overwhelming feeling that I'm in the presence of something else and I'm contemplating trying photograph my home with an IR camera...thanks very much
vagabunda
vagabunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:34 AM   #2
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

Default Infrared: More than your eyes can see.

I don’t think I’d describe it as “another realm”. Infrared is the light frequency most objects in this realm radiate across another spectrum of wavelengths… the infrared radiation.

Our sense of sight… our eyes only “see” a certain spectrum of light frequencies… the visible spectrum. What our eyes don’t see, is the infrared spectrum.

Your next camera you may purchase, just like getting a digital camera, may soon be the infrared camera! It can allow you to see through some objects, like this video demonstrates! Your neighbor may have one, that should make you think twice!

This video gives a very good explanation of “More than your eyes can see”.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2--0q...eature=related

Last edited by KathyT; 04-05-2009 at 07:39 AM.
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:34 AM   #3
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Anyone experimented with infrared cameras?

I am thinking of buying some night goggles.... but at the moment they are very expensive...so i will have to look around for some bargains....

I would love to hear from anyone who has a pair of these googles. If you look out at night to the skies you will see hundreds of craft(UFO) flying around as the goggles pick up the craft . I have read this before on many occassions and I believe Astral has mentioned it a couple of times.

If I do manage to get hold of a pair I will keep you informed as to what I see.

Has anyone got a pair???? If so anygood??

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
blastawaycas
Avalon Senior Member

good idea try ebay !!!
blastawaycas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #5
henners
Project Avalon Researcher

I am also looking at getting night vision goggles. I was told that at army disposal stores they are cheaper than any where else. I will let you know how i go.
Henry
Choose wisely which ones you throw.
henners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
vagabunda
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks so much for that very thorough response, KathyT!
I was particularly interested in orbs - you can get inexpensive IR cameras for the computer on eBay, I've noticed...
Viking, yes! I've especially heard of Ed Grimsley's work and the type of military grade night vision he uses runs a few grand, I believe - but would be cool to try with something less spendy...couldn't hurt or you can order some through Ed's website.

www.edgrimsley.com
Old 04-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #7
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

I haven't done special infrared cameras, but have 2 regular digital cameras (cheaper the better), and have some nice orb shots, as well as plasma shots. I needed to turn of the "red eye filter" - The higher the zoom, usually the more sophisticated/expensive and less usable for orb work. At least, that's what I've found.
alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #8
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

i'm not sure about infrared cameras, but i have used infrared film. it can be used to detect heatr loss from a house, and certasinly could be used to photograph anything that gives off infrared radiation. it's a little tricky to work with, but should be readily available, in 35mm, from any good camera store.
kodak made it, in black and white. their colour infrared is not a true infrared film.
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #9
Visvasa144
Avalon Senior Member

about your special guest in your home. the more attention you put into that spirit the more it will make itself aware to you.

if it is a spirit that hasn't crossed over yet. maybe you should help it find its way back.

FYI- the agents that live around me have infrared cameras that can see through walls. i can turn off all the lights and engage them psychically and they can see all the movements i make and make comments about them.
Visvasa144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:00 PM   #10
Mercuriel
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Re: Anyone experimented with infrared cameras?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
I am thinking of buying some night goggles.... but at the moment they are very expensive...so i will have to look around for some bargains....

I would love to hear from anyone who has a pair of these googles. If you look out at night to the skies you will see hundreds of craft(UFO) flying around as the goggles pick up the craft . I have read this before on many occassions and I believe Astral has mentioned it a couple of times.

If I do manage to get hold of a pair I will keep you informed as to what I see.

Has anyone got a pair???? If so anygood??

viking
Been there - Seen that - Didn't get the T-Shirt. They're Banned in Canada. They are on the Restricted List and all We can get here is GEN1. We need to get Our hands on GEN2 or GEN3 to see what We need to.

That said, If You come up with any Ideas though on how We can alleviate that - I'm all ears...

Mercuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:56 PM   #11
Adarajones
Avalon Senior Member

For those interested in Night Vision Goggles, you might want to check out Ed Grimsley's website. He has some REAL good footage and close ups of UFOs using his NV Googles.

http://www.edgrimsley.com/

To order your own Nightvision Goggles call Ed at: 707.478.2540 and ask for ED's Skywatch Discount

HERE IS SOME MORE INFORMATION ON HIS UPCOMING SKYWATCH!!

ATTEND ED GRIMSLEY'S UFO SKYWATCH CONFERENCE!

May 22 - 24, 2009 IN SEDONA, ARIZONA

Adarajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #12
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Ed Grimsley has been on Coast to Coast AM a few times regarding the night vision goggles. He says the newer ones are not as good as the older ones.

Here is a link to a portion of a Coast to Coast AM show with Ed Grimsley:

Audio (7:43): http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvi..._Earth_Pt_4_7/

Ed Grimsley talks about utilizing night vision binoculars to spot UFOs. He said he first witnessed UFOs battling in the night skies with laser weapons when he was a teenager. Grimsley claims to see a number of craft every time he goes out, and believes there is no naturally-occurring phenomena that can adequately explain what he is witnessing. He currently uses 3rd generation military-grade PV7 night vision goggles (estimated cost between $3000-$4000) to watch for UFOs.

George discussed his own experiences with night vision goggles and said he was \"mesmerized\" by the two UFOs he saw last Saturday in San Jose

August 1st, 2008

Vagabuna,

If you're really into it, you might want to try and record any talking or sounds with a blank tape and a boom box. I've heard a guest on Coast to Coast AM picking up talk from the other side doing that.

I guess it's called Electronic Voice Phenomena or EVP. Here is an interesting link: http://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/evp.html

Last edited by peaceandlove; 04-05-2009 at 08:42 PM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:32 AM   #13
nagual
Avalon Senior Member

this may work...

how to turn your digital camera into an IR-camera

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/395292...igital_camera/
nagual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:24 PM   #14
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagual View Post
this may work...

how to turn your digital camera into an IR-camera

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/395292...igital_camera/
I doubt a mere filter will produce all the results wished for, you wanna send out some IR light as well.

Man but I dig that music! Bipdipdeep, dapbabdap. Chihichikichun...

By the way, many cameras with built in IR vision may send out light, but have the frequencies that those special bikinis become transparent with stripped out. Too bad huh? But wait a second.. is it really naked skin they want to keep from us?

Last edited by Czymra; 04-15-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Czymra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:15 PM   #15
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I like that video. Thinking about giving it a shot, though I'm not sure how well that filter will actually work.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:57 AM   #16
nagual
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czymra View Post
I doubt a mere filter will produce all the results wished for, you wanna send out some IR light as well.

Infrared is a spectrum of light beyond that which we normally see.
Despite having an IR blocking filter installed between the lens and the CCD, most digital cameras still react to some near infrared energy, though at levels far lower than visible light.
To take “infrared” pictures—i.e., photos primarily made up of near infrared energy—you need to filter out the visible light and only allow the near infrared and infrared spectrum through to the film or sensor.
You don't need to send any IR light out. You only need an infrared filter. (or a expensive IR camera)

Hints:

- There is more infrared light around when there is bright sunlight. This doesn't mean you should avoid using IR in other conditions but that the effects are stronger when the sun is out.
- Largest amount of IR: the hours just after sunrise and before sunset (due to the angle of the sunlight through the atmosphere), the effect is most dramatic (i.e deep black sky) when photographing with the sun behind the camera.
-An electronic or bulb flash will increase the amount of IR as well as visible light.

Infrared do not records heat.

This is a common myth - that since heat output is a kind of infrared radiation, then infrared film or CCD must detect heat, such as human body heat. This is essentially incorrect. Thermal radiation will not be recorded by infrared film or sensors; they are not sensitive to a long enough wavelength to show such things as heat patterns.

Last edited by nagual; 04-16-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #17
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

Sorry, I was thinking you're interested in nightvision, but of course that's another story.
For the stuff that Ed Grimsley does, do you think a simple IR filter would do? Do you know which frequencies are usually stripped out of conventional night vision.

The difference is I'm used to video cameras, you're talking about taking stills.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #18
nagual
Avalon Senior Member

Night vision can work in two very different ways:

* Image enhancement - This works by collecting the tiny amounts of light, including the lower portion of the infrared light spectrum, that are present but may be imperceptible to our eyes, and amplifying it to the point that we can easily observe the image.

* Thermal imaging - This technology operates by capturing the upper portion of the infrared light spectrum, which is emitted as heat by objects instead of simply reflected as light. Hotter objects, such as warm bodies, emit more of this light than cooler objects like trees or buildings.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:41 PM   #19
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

Well, most camcorders have Image Enhancement if anything, and some of them add an IR light 'beam'... now can I capture ufos with only that?

Grimsley is on Therman Imaging is he not?
Old 04-19-2009, 12:35 AM   #20
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Tried the remote control thing with my camera and it can detect it. I just don't think that it has a black and white mode. Can't find the manual to check and see.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:00 AM   #21
nagual
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
Tried the remote control thing with my camera and it can detect it. I just don't think that it has a black and white mode. Can't find the manual to check and see.
video cameras = look for 'nightshot' or '0 lux' option (or something similar)
Old 04-19-2009, 08:17 AM   #22
nagual
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czymra View Post
...and some of them add an IR light 'beam'... now can I capture ufos with only that?
the IR beam that cameras send out is used for autofocus only...

in order to capture ufos you'll need three things:

1- a camera with a CCD capable of seeing the infrared light spectrum

2- a filter for stopping the visible light and only allow the near infrared and infrared spectrum to pass thru (some cameras has it build-in)

3- a lot of luck

Last edited by nagual; 04-19-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:21 AM   #23
nagual
Avalon Senior Member

ummm... ok..., if you are talking about regular CCTV cameras -infrared security cameras- that send out infrared light, I don't think you can see ufos with it, because the subject must be within the range of the LEDs lights.

The camera has infrared LEDs installed around the outside of the lens. This lighting allows the camera to capture a good image in no light at all, but the range of these LEDs is about 1,5 to 3 mt. ( very expensive ones 10 mt. )

For ufos, a regular home video camera will do (with manual focus option is better), and the best way is shooting in broad daylight, filtering out the visible light and only allowing the near infrared and infrared spectrum through to the film or sensor.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #24
vagabunda
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you for your responses, nagual - I clearly have my work cut out for me...