Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:59 PM   #51
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Solar Storm heading our way??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
So do you need lead to shield from CME's?
It's not harmful to humans Swanny... I promise, you won't fry!! But your car might!!!

Just the grid and all electrical equipment... anything that holds some sort of electrical charge...

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong!

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #52
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
It's not harmful to humans Swanny... I promise, you won't fry!! But your car might!!!

Just the grid and all electrical equipment... anything that holds some sort of electrical charge...

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong!

viking
I heard you can wrap electronics in tin foil and bury them but you won't have accessibility to electricity...I really can't see the point. I would welcome the quiet but I'm thinking we are much more controllable when we aren't connected.

or maybe we can form villages again and maybe know who our neighbors are.

Hmmm
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #53
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Solar Storms: Coronal Mass Ejections Viewed In Detail By NASA Spacecraft

The article referenced above mentions potential problems with spacecraft electronics, but not electronics on the surface of the earth. A CME may cause fluctuations in the magnetic field of the earth on a scale that interacts with the power grid (very long wires), but the same magnetic field fluctions would not affect your computer or car (very short wires). A CME consists of charged particles, most of which do not make it through the earth's atmosphere. I don't think there would be any benefits to shielding your electronics to protect them from a CME. A CME is not an EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse). You do want to be sure to have a surge protector of some sort to protect your electronics from voltage fluctuations coming in via the power grid - this is a sensible thing to do regardless of CMEs.
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:09 PM   #54
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

I am going to unhook the battery on my car tonight before I go to bed and cross my fingers. The initial CME dowses up to happen between 6-7am Eastern Stantard Time July 7th.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #55
Samarkis
Avalon Senior Member

This is just an observation of mine....

Since the Universe is in progression & expansion, it is my personal belief that Humanity will evolve to a point that outside communications & energy will be obsolete...(I.E.-radios,cells,internet,cars,etc....) that we will evolve to using our body's energy fields and that things like telepathy,telekinesis,teleportation
will become the norm...

We will see what starts to happen...I for one am VERY tired of all the wiring that is needed at this point!!(LOL) I also believe that when one door closes...another opens & usually for the better...time will tell...I love the idea of teleporting...There are lots of family,friends & places I would like to visit if I didn't need to spend time & money getting there!!! Teleporting would be awesome!!
Samarkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #56
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post

Also check here ....going off the richter scale!!
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/rt_plots/xray_5mBL.html

viking
No, they are NOT going off the richter scale. Read the page.
"SWPC X-ray alerts are issued at the M5 (5x10E-5 Watts/m2) and X1 (1x10E-4 Watts/m2) levels"

Nothing on that chart is anywhere near M5 or X1.
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #57
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

if you think it is heading your way...
it could hit you, there are other solutions
ask to awaken "your dreamer"
and, dream a "new reality"
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #58
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyT View Post
No, they are NOT going off the richter scale. Read the page.
"SWPC X-ray alerts are issued at the M5 (5x10E-5 Watts/m2) and X1 (1x10E-4 Watts/m2) levels"

Nothing on that chart is anywhere near M5 or X1.
Perhaps I was being a bit dramatic here Kathy hey... ;-)

Lets hope all is well...I'm sure we'll all be communicating tomorrow...

Edit...just a thought if TSHF a big 'if' , will we be able to communicate via the internet??

Don't forget the NEXUS every saturday 20.00 GMT!! (just a passing thought)

viking

Last edited by viking; 07-06-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #59
metaw3
Avalon Senior Member

I'm watching this Discovery documentary about the perfect solar storm:
metaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #60
Thunderbird
Avalon Senior Member

besides 1859, haven't we had B/C sized CMEs?
what's size was the one that took down Canada?

some quantifiable facts here would go a long way...

also is it actually aimed at earth?
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #61
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post

Hi Thunderbird....check the above video by Metaw...

At 3 minutes 28 secs !!

viking

Last edited by viking; 07-06-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #62
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

There is exactly one sunspot on the near side of the sun right now:

Current solar images

Because the sun is not very active, the likelihood of CMEs is low. CMEs are more frequent at a solar maximum. The sun is currently at the tail end of a prolonged minimum.

If a CME is not already on the way, it won't arrive here tomorrow:

Quote:
In general, disturbances in the solar wind arrive at Earth 2-4 days after leaving the Sun - the CME on January 6-7, 1997 did not arrive at Earth until January 10, 1997.

Everybody remember the great disasters caused by the 1997 CME? No? Me either.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #63
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnana View Post

Current solar images

Because the sun is not very active, the likelihood of CMEs is low. CMEs are more frequent at a solar maximum. The sun is currently at the tail end of a prolonged minimum.

Hi Jana

On your first link it shows the 1024 sunspot...here...http://umbra.nascom.nasa.gov/images/latest_eit_171.gif ...looks a bit angry to me although I'm not an expert.

The info here shows it being a bit firey as well!!

here..
SUDDEN SUNSPOT: What a difference 48 hours can make. Only two days ago the sun was blank and calm, displaying the sort of unrelenting quiet we've come to expect from the deepest solar minimum in a century. Then, with startling rapidity, sunspot 1024 burst onto the scene: movie. Unlike other recent "sun-specks", this active region is a full-fledged sunspot group with more than a dozen planet-sized dark cores, crackling with B- and C-class solar flares.

further reading here
http://www.spaceweather.com/

Also the Canadian CME in 89 was'nt exactly a cool breeze....It was a disaster.

Lets just pray and visualize that all is ok ... I am just reporting what I see and read... Lets hope MUDRA is right with her definition.

viking
Old 07-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #64
metaw3
Avalon Senior Member

I posted about it earlier in this thread:
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showp...0&postcount=26

This Google search might lead you to the actual force of it:
http://www.google.com/search?q=march...safe=off&hl=en

I just finished the Discovery documentary and it is a MUST SEE to wake up your relatives who may still have doubts.

Quote:

Last edited by metaw3; 07-06-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #65
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnana View Post

Current solar images

It is important to note that the crop circle does not try to indicate when the effects of a CME will arrive here, only when it will happen.

Even if the burst of particles did not reach us tomorow, this does not mean that the CME will not occur tomorow. The crop circle is showing when the CME will happen, not when the particles will reach earth.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:30 PM   #66
metaw3
Avalon Senior Member

Got it. The March 13th 1989 strom was 479 nanotesla/minutes. It took down the province of Quebec, not the whole Canada. Me and my family hardly noticed it since it was at 3am and the power came back at noon. We were heating the house with a wood stove at that time, so we only had to skip bacon for breakfast. That was the whole disturbance for us.

Here's where I found it:
http://books.google.com/books?id=XMl...esult&resnum=4

Quote:

Old 07-06-2009, 10:33 PM   #67
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
Even if the burst of particles did not reach us tomorow, this does not mean that the CME will not occur tomorow. The crop circle is showing when the CME will happen, not when the particles will reach earth.
Good point.

Theres also the chance that the crop circle was interpreted incorrectly. It will be interesting to see how this goes.

Did you dowse the accuracy of the crop circle translation by any chance tone3?
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #68
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Good point.

Theres also the chance that the crop circle was interpreted incorrectly. It will be interesting to see how this goes.

Did you dowse the accuracy of the crop circle translation by any chance tone3?
I got a confirmation that there would be an event the same as or similar to a CME comming from the sun. There is also the possibility that there will be some entirely different type of energy pulse from the sun. We are moving further into the photon belt every moment. At the same time the Universe is nearing an evolutionary jump as well. There is no telling what kind of solar event it will be. Could be something we have never seen before. A sudden solar event without warning is not out of the question if you are looking at it from the Hoagland hyperdimensional model or the Electric Universe model. Using either of those two models, energy shifts at the center of the Universe could instantainiously cause shifts in the center of the Galaxy and also the center of the Solar System (the sun). This type of energy (scalar wave, torsion field, sub space) does not need to travel over distances. It can be transmitted instantly or even forwards and back wards in time through hyperspace. This type of energy shift would cause changes on every planetary body in the galaxy.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:42 PM   #69
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Viking wrote - Also the Canadian CME in 89 was'nt exactly a cool breeze....It was a disaster.
Yes, it caused problems for the Canadian power grid. Yes, it's possible something like that or worse could happen again. It's another good reason to be prepared for whatever happens. But, the vast majority of CMEs miss the earth entirely, and most of those that come this way produce only minor inconvenience.

Quote:
tone3jaguar wrote - Even if the burst of particles did not reach us tomorow, this does not mean that the CME will not occur tomorow. The crop circle is showing when the CME will happen, not when the particles will reach earth.
Hmmm. I'll let you work that out with the the crop circle researchers dan quoted earlier in this thread.

Quote:
dantheman wrote - A crop circle has appeared that researchers interpret to be a message that the Sun is about to emit five Coronal Mass Ejections (CMEs) that will hit the Earth on July 7, 2009.
We'll know soon enough whether a CME has occured on 7/7/09. If the sun were not so inactive right now, you would have a 1 in 5 chance of being correct! Sunspots are common things. CMEs are common occurences:

Quote:
Near solar activity maximum, the sun produces about 3 CMEs every day, whereas near solar minimum it produces only about 1 CME every 5 days. Reference
It's wonderful that people are learning more about the sun, but using that as yet another reason to worry is a waste of energy.

Got any alternative interpretations for that crop circle? Think positive!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:43 PM   #70
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

It is also important to note that the message in the crop circle may not have been intended to warn us of coming danger. It just may be the initial message in the crop formations that gets the conformists of the world going, WTF? In other words, it would be the first off world prediction of a non-threatening solar event that could not have been predicted using the scientific methods that are currently in plain site. This would lead any conscious individual to the conclusion that someone more advanced than we are left the message.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:02 AM   #71
DJModer
Avalon Senior Member

More update:

The STEREO COR2 behind database on July 5 and July 6 become available, however a large portion of the video on July 5th is still missing. The COR2 behind data on July 4 is still not available.

From the July 6 COR2 movie, there is a mid-size CME occurred as an unknown object move away from the sun. It seems to me that some thing is orbiting pass the sun. Could the object be the planet Mercury?

http://stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov/br...6_cor2_512.mpg

GOES X-ray flux is recently dropped and its magnitude is not very big.

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/rt_plots/xray_5mBL.html

May be, this is just a regular solar flare and CME. Let's hope that this is the case.

In other news, there is a lot of airplane incidents occured today in USA. I don't know if this is related, but it is worth mentioning.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

Last edited by DJModer; 07-07-2009 at 01:52 AM.
DJModer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #72
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

One has to postulate that this circle that came down the 27th of June has to be of the same design philosophy as the other. It seems to have information flowing out of the symbol for a CME. Perhaps this circle is telling us that we are looking at some sort of huge burst of information from the Sun? Or maby they are using the CME symbol to represent the center of the galaxy? Just throwing ideas out there.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:44 AM   #73
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
One has to postulate that this circle that came down the 27th of June has to be of the same design philosophy as the other. It seems to have information flowing out of the symbol for a CME. Perhaps this circle is telling us that we are looking at some sort of huge burst of information from the Sun? Or maby they are using the CME symbol to represent the center of the galaxy? Just throwing ideas out there.

It seems like everyone thinks the crop circles are aliens trying to leave us messages.

WHAT IF, the crop circles are just messages that aliens leave as messages to each other?

What if they are messages from one planetary expedition left for the next alien planetary expedition to find... to say something like "hey, we were here before you, and the best place to visit is such and such place.", or "meet me in three months on the island of xxxxx".

Where is there a bit of evidence or proof that the messages are put there for humans of this planet?

Last edited by KathyT; 07-07-2009 at 12:50 AM.
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:35 AM   #74
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

This confirms xactly what I said...

04:05:06 07/08/09...

Ham radio operators have been waiting 11 years, for this time....
They have got it timed.... They Are excited; abt talking " SKIP."

Our, fequency is being increased with this... I willl be out in it,
absorbing as much as I can... At least 40 mins. in the rays [beam]
will provide what I've been told " What is Needed."....

Trooly,

Tango
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:18 AM   #75
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

Holy **** you have to see this type in 2009-07-05 to 2009-07-06
Let it download. you can see the solar flare!!!!

http://sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov/cgi-..._movie_theater

July 6, 2009 - Sudden Intense Sunspot 1024. Could It Flare on July 7, As Crop Formations Since April Have Seemed to Forecast?
See movie of large solar flare erupting from sun July 5, 2009.

Directions: Select the image type LASCO C2 then click SEARCH button.

If you select the start date as 2009-07-05 and end date 2009-07-06 you see that the brightness on the right of the sun was not there just a few hours earlier, watch the flare coming out the right side.

Last edited by micjer; 07-07-2009 at 02:26 AM.
micjer is offline   Reply With Quote