Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
dddanieljjjamesss
Avalon Senior Member

Default Has anyone read the comic "The Invisibles?"

Written by Grant Morrison, a practicing "Pop Magician" in the 90's as a hyper-sigil to accelerate consciousness... the entire series has been available in a 7-set graphic novel for some time and it is RIPE with symbolism and deep meaning. This is what really launched me out of the false-reality.

Just curious if anyone else has enjoyed this marvelous work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invisibles

http://www.barbelith.com/bomb/

http://www.amazon.com/Invisibles-Vol.../dp/1563892677
dddanieljjjamesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Has anyone read the comic "The Invisibles?"

Well yes I am very familiar with it. Morrison has just about everything imaginable crammed in there. You need to pick up the companion book on the series which is full of interviews and comments that illuminate the text. If you enjoyed that you'll enjoy The Filth as well.

Morrison did what many of these so-called whistle blowers are doing now. He looked at the entire palate of the esoteric, the paranormal, and conspiracy theories and hammered them into a story line. Great stuff.
trainedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
dddanieljjjamesss
Avalon Senior Member

Now, being where I am, (Places like project avalon & camelot :P) it almost seems prophetic that a year ago I was introduced to his works... and they are turning out to be more real than they seemed in print
Old 02-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #4
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddanieljjjamesss View Post
Now, being where I am, (Places like project avalon & camelot :P) it almost seems prophetic that a year ago I was introduced to his works... and they are turning out to be more real than they seemed in print
Well ... I don't think they are real. Certainly Morrison has never claimed anything other than the series is a distillation of esoteric subjects he was interested in. He talks in a couple of interviews about the strange things that happened to him while writing it but I have never gotten the impression that Morrison ever thought it was anything more than fiction.

I have to dig out my copies and quote some of my favorite passages.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:06 AM   #5
dddanieljjjamesss
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedobserver View Post
Well ... I don't think they are real. Certainly Morrison has never claimed anything other than the series is a distillation of esoteric subjects he was interested in. He talks in a couple of interviews about the strange things that happened to him while writing it but I have never gotten the impression that Morrison ever thought it was anything more than fiction.

I have to dig out my copies and quote some of my favorite passages.
If you do a search on Google Video for Grant's DisInfo speech you would be surprised to find that he actually is really behind the use of "magic" and consciously re-programming the universe toward what he thinks ascension means. He tells the audience that they'll be leaving as practicing magician, and wants us to use sigil magic in day to day life, and on that note considers the Invisibles a giant hyper-sigil aimed at turning peoples brains on to these "other" sources of info.

He's probably one of the best speakers I've seen to date, because he starts off by saying "I'm drunk and about to come up on drugs in about a half hour... so watch for it"

I think he truly believes it all, especially when he talks about his abduction experience. I'll fish around for the link and post it back here when I have time, but it should be available with a simple google search... I definitely recommend watching it.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #6
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddanieljjjamesss View Post
... you would be surprised to find that he actually is really behind the use of "magic" and consciously re-programming the universe toward what he thinks ascension means.
His sigil business didn't work for me, did it for you?

I couldn't find the quote I was looking for, maybe you're familiar with which issue it might be in. Someone starts talking about being woken up at 4 in the morning with strange thoughts in his head because the Russian ELF generators start up about then. A reference to the "Russian Woodpecker" signal.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:27 AM   #7
Spirit Of The Void
Avalon Senior Member

Glad someone brought Grant up... I came across his disinfo speach a few months ago and it blew my socks of. Rock on DC.

That said, i've never been as amazed by his comic book skills. Impressed, totally, but not amazed. It was Gaiman who blew my mind first then Moore, Ennis, Ellis, etc.

Given that i highly recomend Sandman, HellBlazer, Swamp Thing, Transmetropolitan, Preacher, etc as well as Invisibles. All cover some serious and fun esoteric material (and don't be put off by that bloody Keanu film)

And on that subject what do you make of the noise that Neil Gaiman is a scientologist? Not really had it confirmed, but go Google it... And what does that mean for the UK celeb scene? Tori Amos & Jonathon Ross's circle of friends, et al.

Peace.
Spirit Of The Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:29 AM   #8
Spirit Of The Void
Avalon Senior Member

Oh and meant to say, for those who don't know Grant is now the MAN at DC Comics... He writes Batman, which essentially makes him their lead and has gone a little spiritual there too, having sent Bruce Wayne back to the dawn of time like 2 years ago, real time.

Peace.
Spirit Of The Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:13 AM   #9
Reunite
Avalon Senior Member

I haven't read the Invisibles however did catch the mini series of the 'New World Order' comic books. Anyone else read these? The Writer Gustavo Higuera was inspired by Jordan Maxwell.

HIGUERA SEEKS OUT A "NEW WORLD ORDER"

Writer Gustavo Higuera attended the San Diego Comic Con for the first time two years ago. Later, in 2007, he exhibited at the con with a partially completed first issue of a series based on his beliefs and research into a concept known as the Third Army. Featuring artwork by Giusseppe De Luca and Mansyur Darman with covers by Juan Ferreyra, the first issue of the three-issue miniseries Higuera's worked so passionately to bring to comics audiences, "New World Order," hits the stands in January 2008 from Shadowline and Image Comics. Higuera spoke to CBR News about the philosophies behind "New World Order" as well as his experiences getting the story published.

"The story is about a global movement called the Third Army whose purpose is to expose the forces of the New World Order, who wish to establish a one-world government to enslave mankind," Gustavo Higuera told CBR News. "The central characters are the Third Army's leader, Max, and a group of young truth seekers who track down the world's greatest modern revolutionary thinkers in order to prepare the world for a new age of enlightenment by the means of an intellectual re-evolution.

"In short though, 'New World Order' is about giving 'the man' the middle finger."

Higuera's story, though fantastical, has its roots in his own experiences and those of people he's encountered. "My main inspiration has been my own quest as a truth seeker that started at a very young age," Higuera explained. "I've always been fascinated by history, the mysterious and unknown. This fascination brought me to meet Jordan Maxwell about six years ago, who became the main inspiration for 'New World Order' and a basis for the character of Max."

Jordan Maxwell is an occult researcher, author and radio host. "They call him the 'Godfather of Secret Societies,'" said Higuera, "and he's thought to be one of the pioneers of the movement to expose the 'powers that be' controlling and manipulating our world behind-the-scenes. It was through Jordan that I got to meet some of the world's most revolutionary thinkers and became exposed to a world I never imagined existed.

"I found out that most of the work done by these activists was almost never given the attention it deserved and was often criticized by the mainstream media as being the ravings of crazed conspiracy theorists," Higuera continued. "It's only until recently, that we have started to see their ideas come more and more into the mainstream like 'The DaVinci Code' and 'National Treasure,' but almost always these ideas are used as a gimmick and never given the full attention they deserve. That's why I decided to create a comic book that would be a true homage to these truth seekers and would dare to ask the questions that no one has had the guts to explore."

Although "New World Order" is set in a fictional world very much like our own, everything in the series comes from ideas and concepts that exist in the real world. "Even the idea of the Third Army itself has a basis in the occult and is a reflection of the underground movement led by truth seekers in the world today," Higuera said.

A unique feature of the book, furthering its sense of verisimilitude, is that each issue features a character based on a real-life figure in the field Higuera is exploring. Said the scribe, "I wanted to do this because they are essentially what this series is about, ordinary people who are pursuing the extraordinary." For example, the first issue of "New World Order" features UFO researcher Doctor Roger Leir.

"I realize this may seem far-fetched and crazy to some people but this kind of stuff is very real to millions around the world, just like many of the other themes my comic deals with," said Higuera.

SOURCE
Reunite is offline   Reply With Quote