Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 03-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #676
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

A short story I hope,
A bot 15 years ago I was given a book about Sai Baba, it resonated within me I had never heard of Baba. Within days I met several people by coincidence who knew of him.
My Mum admitted to hospital with terminal illness. The Dr in charge of her health Indian. I asked if he knorw of Baba he said "Yes my brother in law had given up a lucrative job as an airline pilot to be on his ashram".
To cut a long story short I went that Christmas against the wishes of ex wife and family. I spent 6 weeks on the ashram along with about 10,000 others. Christmas day and there were 30,000 there all singing silent night and other hymns as a tribute to Christ.
People of all religions walks of life.
I came home my Mum was miraculous cured and lived another ten years.
Baba teaches do not love my form, do not come and see me I am in your heart, if you come to the ashram go home and be a better Christian a better Buddhist a better Moslem etc.
No money asked for, though some donated.
The ex owner of the Hard Rock Cafe claims Baba saved his life and donated millions to build hospitals etc in India.
Baba has 40million followers. When the Internet accused him of having sexual inclinations towards children (never proved) British followers melted away. Even those filled with tears and great love and emotion in his presence. I have no toughts on the matter. I never put a head above my own.
I was not concerned because I knew it was about the teachings not the form of Baba.

Nothing but good came of my visit to Baba, my now ex wife was given a vision of Baba and she who was his greatest "enemy" is now a devotee, though he advises agsinst people being devotes of any teacher. Only formless God is to be devoted to.

What is Baba? An Avatar as claimed? I dont know.

The teaching is the important thing not the person.
In my opinion, Its a major error to be devoted to and love the teacher in form.
Love the teaching.
If people had loved the teaching of God rather than being devoted to the teacher then in my opinion none of the religious wars could have happened.
Every religion teaches the first two commandments of the holy Bible.

Baba's teaching was completely in accord with all before and since.
I go where the teaching flows that is concordant with my current understanding but a next step on.

Teaching of Baba was about overcoming duality and therfore ego.
When asked if he was God the answers was "Yes but so are you, I just know what I am."

With love
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #677
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Just got out of session today and took a closer look at the creation of ego and how it decided to feed itself. Have to run and eat lunch, but would love to detail how it got constructed.

Here's a joke:

How many egos does it take to screw iin a light bulb?

A: as many as it takes for the ego to shine

love everyone -- we don't need an ego to tell us how special we are, and we don't even need to be special, but that's how I think about all of you right now.

love,
gnosis
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #678
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Gnosis5
Yes being special as a singularity or as part of a group, is unecessary.
Laughed at your joke.
Think we all have bench mark moments.
One of mine was walking down the road, I suddenly ralised I wasent making the legs move.
I got fascinated just letting it happen.
Then it occoured to me I dident have to be confident, have seelf estem, I just had to let anything happen in the moment without thinking about it, including my action.

15 years ago I owned a Redsidential Home for he Elderly and was also was Chairman of the Homes Association and therfore responsible for negotiating the rate for placement in all the homes in the area.
Could have been very stressful, such responsabiity. I just loved the elderly, loved the staff, they taught me so much about service from the heart, I just made a decision to enjoy work and let whatever happen happen. Eventually the place had to close, along with many other homes through out UK, that broke my heart for one day. A lifes work gone. Just accepted it and moved on.

Just surrendering the fruits of the act takes all the stress out of it.
There is a faith in God that is confirmed. I am looked after.
I was about to be made homeless 4 years ago and out of the blue I got a council house.
This story is not bout me but what happens when you, let go, let God.
My needs are met, effortlessly.

With Love
C
Old 03-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #679
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Pure Doingness has its own rewards
Old 03-06-2010, 08:59 PM   #680
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Just surrendering the fruits of the act takes all the stress out of it.
There is a faith in God that is confirmed. I am looked after.
I was about to be made homeless 4 years ago and out of the blue I got a council house.
This story is not bout me but what happens when you, let go, let God.
My needs are met, effortlessly.
Who will look after someone who devotes himself to look for God

why God of course
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #681
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

It seems the story (for now) goes this way: There was me, then there was ego and ego decided to split and the split was "win/lose" on the negative side of the pole and "win/win" on the positive side of the pole, but both sides feed ego somehow. I was surprised because I thought win/win was taking one away from ego. Anyways, it's looking now that this polarity needs a little unfixing and an allowance for full expression between the plus and minus ends. Perhaps it was the fixation and compulsion of ego and its concentration on the negative side that gave it a bad name.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:24 PM   #682
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
It seems the story (for now) goes this way: There was me, then there was ego and ego decided to split and the split was "win/lose" on the negative side of the pole and "win/win" on the positive side of the pole, but both sides feed ego somehow. I was surprised because I thought win/win was taking one away from ego. Anyways, it's looking now that this polarity needs a little unfixing and an allowance for full expression between the plus and minus ends. Perhaps it was the fixation and compulsion of ego and its concentration on the negative side that gave it a bad name.
It gets less complicated after a while.
Psychiatrist term ego has a different meaning from spiritual term.
Healthy self esteem is good. Pride in what you do is fine. Any positive emotion is good.
So its not a case of throwing the baby out with the bath water. Having a goal, purpose in life. is great. Incentive positive feed back good. Living life to the full great. Just a question of balance, not getting hung up on anything.

Ch
Old 03-07-2010, 12:15 AM   #683
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, Chris, that is what I am starting to see. I only had to remove the strong compulsiveness about it and take responsibility for my part in establishing the negative and positive poles, and then getting fixed onto the negative end of the pole, and now switching over to the positive end, still compulsive. I hope to have that removed before Monday, I'll see.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:25 AM   #684
Boober
Avalon Senior Member

Conquer your Fears, & embarrass your pride. Somehow become vulnerable and live in that place for a while.
Boober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:20 AM   #685
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Great discussion here.

Redezra, love the Linda Bruce poem.

To me it's important to understand this, we are here to learn to BE. No one can do it for us, we can connect to the divine within and let it be the doer, but we have to make the decision to do so every Now. That's because we're free willed individualization's of the whole. We're not meant to be robots, we're in a schoolroom here to learn to Be even in the toughest conditions where the illusions of seperation seem so real. Only our own false created self, the human ego stands between us and our Divine state of Being where we are One with the still small voice within, the divine direction within.

Yes, the experience of Oneness, the Gnosis Truth, this must be the goal.

I agree with previous thoughts in this thread that the way up is with the guidance of One(s) who are already in that state of Being. Without a teacher we are rudderless in the sea. For example, I believe in this thread a man was mentioned who was not pursuing enlightenment and one day it just hit him. He basically was unable to function in the world for 30 years until he finally got control back so he could be in the world but not so much of it. It most definitely does not have to be this way. The Way up is with the guidance of the guru.

My personal Guru is in my Heart, in the Ascended realms of Pure Being. I work with the Masters through meditation and spoken Word. The path is not for all, but some are indeed called to do so and some indeed do. The inner teacher is the True teacher for me.

On a totally different note, here's a Website I bumped into the other day which shares a similar technique discussed by others in this thread maybe worth reading for some: http://www.seegodseengod.com/god_will_see_you_now

Nice poem Mudra, I like it, emptiness ~ in Stillness within do we BE.

The paper example Redezra you are correct that it is not a good analogy with the multiple sheets of paper. The real analogy is that there is only one paper. The paper has no edges. The paper is the All-ness. The original circle is the creator of this universe and sphere of creation. When the four points in that circle ascend to the level where they are the fullness of the circle each, they each see they are the circle, the original creator point also still exist, and each of the four points is an individualization of that creator point, yet it is also a free willed fullness of the circle. The creator point now is free to go back into the Allness and just rest in the Allness, or create a new creation, an even more complex one as that creator point has learned through all the Eyes in the previous creation.

Each of the four points also each has the opportunity to either just Be the allness or to create their own creation out of their own causal body.

Once a point has Acended to the All-ness, it can rest as the All-ness, and can at any Now, decide to go out and create again as the point. Life is eternal.

If they choose to do so, they do it on the same sheet of paper, only now the paper grows to incorporate their creation. One point may choose to create a universe with flat planets. Another with round planets like ours.

They're both God, they're both creators, they can both rejoin the allness or create their own creations. They can only create what they have earned through their experiences in the previous creation, through the causal body they grew ~ you reap as you sew, the eternal Law. Or they can just Be the allness.

Each point from the original circle that creates a new circle, remains an individualization of the creator of this circle. So each point that creates a new circle will in effect also be growing the experience of the creator of this circle, eternally Now.

And of course every creation by every point in all creations grows the Allness that God is. God is a Living God. God Be's. Through creation, there is a harvest as Jesus discussed. There is fruit.

This is why loving your neighbor is so important. This is not just a dream. This will result in fruit. The neighbor you love is truly an individualization of God, a child of God that can continue to grow in Oneness with their source and eventually create a new creation to add to the whole.

Now all that being said, of course there will be "I"s merging at different points, but in the end there are many more than one "I", there is a lot of fruit.

To illustrate, many people here are individualization's of the same I AM Presence, the same God Being who may have many thousands in embodiment at one time. But when we eventually ascend we don't cease to be, we simply return to our source with the momentum's we've gathered and add to the whole. We remember who we truly are and we are Now that I AM Presence. The ego prevents us from Being who we really are, from Being below all that we are above.

Espavo ~

Last edited by 14 Chakras; 03-07-2010 at 02:32 AM.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:53 AM   #686
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Chakras View Post
The paper example Redezra you are correct that it is not a good analogy with the multiple sheets of paper.

it was good up to the point of the paper jump lol

important is to not let the details divide us

and keep the debates delectable

as we are on the same team
Old 03-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #687
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boober View Post
Conquer your Fears, & embarrass your pride. Somehow become vulnerable and live in that place for a while.
Welcome to the thread Boober.
Very true.
Be as little children.
Chris
Old 03-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #688
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

How does one discern Truth?
Thats a biggie.

The traditional path is a safe one.

It can be summed up in the first two commandments.
The essence of which are.

Ist Love God with all your might.
The ego hates to play second fiddle to anything.

2nd Love your fellow man (without exception)
The ego hates the thought of anyone being put before itself.

Unconditional love and forgiveness is what Jesus taught.
Nothing else is needed.

The ego cant abide unconditional love where you put the wellbeing of others before your own.
Extreme selfishness is its domain..

Every Mystic/ Enlightened one has taught the same as the first two commandments since time began. There has never been a secret teaching that would take you closer to God.

The Enlightened ones never say, you must follow my teachings others are invalid, because there is only Oneness coming through them without exception.

I went to see Eckhart Tolle in London along with thousand of others at St Jameses' Church. They had to turn people away the church was not big enough.
He quoted Rumini.
The essence of the quote, as my memory, is of essence not detail.
"I am a hole in the flute that the Christ breath flows through listen to the music"
Not the flute even, but the hole in the flute.

I suggest that if you look for a teacher to guide you listen to one who is not even the flute. Eckhart Tolle and Dr Hawkins are holes in the flute. There have been many before and will be again, the music remains the same.

Eckhart Tolle also said that all present (at London talk) would go out and teach without teaching.
Every soul who deeply commits to God, surrenders to the will of God, aligns personal will to His will regardless of religion or lack of it is a silent teacher of Truth.
Every soul who is raising their personal vibration is raising the vibration of the field of consciousness and the good thing is that the closer you get to God, the higher your vibration, the more powerfull it is. One soul with the vibration concurrent in unconditional love is raising the consciousness of millions, not by doing but just by being what they are.
So is prayer and meditation important to the survival of the human race ?
You bet it is.

Chris
Namaste
Old 03-07-2010, 03:38 PM   #689
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

For me what was helpful was to focus on one teacher at a time.
Its a bit like the magnifying glass, when it is held steady and focuses the suns rays it will burn paper. I stayed singularly with one teaching not running here and there till I was moved on to the next.

Both Eckhart Tolle and Dr Hawkins were fixated on the truth but had given up on religion to supply the answers.
Dr Hawkins was shown non verbally the experience of the total suffering of the human race since time began, in his youth. From being a religious scrupulosity person he turned his back on his religion, High Episcopal and stopped believing in a God who could allow the human race to suffer.Later he found he was right but only partly in that the human ego cause the suffering not God.
He set forth by becoming a Dr to do what he could to alleviate human suffering but still pursued truth through the intellect and logic, reading the books of the greatest intellects of the world. Then came the moment when he was in depth of personal hell dying from an incurable disease he called out "If there is a God I ask him for help" God shock happened and he came to enlightened.
Eventually resuming work as Psychiatrist he found people miraculously cured by the presence within. Patients, cationic getting up and walking, so many cured. Eventually the Enlightenment matured to the point where he had to leave the world and go and live on his own, an ashram for one he calls it, spending time in meditation, oneness with God.

Eckhart Tolle was similar in that after enlightenment he was able to function in the world for a while, then two years spent sitting in a state of bliss on a park bench watching the world go by.
Both Eckhart Tolle and Dr Hawkins are now actively teaching what they know to be true from their subjective experience, not coming from any teaching, not channeled,though they are a channel but not channeling, however it is the same teaching that was taught thousands of years before Jesus.

To be clear Eckhart and DH are not channeling Angels, Ascended Masters, They are the hole in the flute through which the Christ breath flows through.
Its that simple.

Chris
Namaste.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #690
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

I went through a short period of "sitting on the park bench" and may still go and do that. Watching people go by seems to be a commonplace part of the process.

I like that part in the movie Fifth Element where she is quick scanning the history of earth.

I believe it was David Hawkins who summed it up that this planet is wallowing in self-pity. Interesting that I am now clearing that out as a computation for survival within myself. The first time I heard myself cry out "why are they doing this to me!?!" was when I encountered a large black field of radiation and was told it was the "God Force". I am still peeling away the layers to see why I decided to react that way. But then I had already become fixed on the Ego Pole.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:25 PM   #691
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=Gnosis5;250842][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"]I went through a short period of "sitting on the park bench" and may still go and do that. Watching people go by seems to be a commonplace part of the process.

I like that part in the movie Fifth Element where she is quick scanning the history of earth.
end quote

Hi Gnosios5

Love that movie 5th element.
and the 5th element is Love
What else can save the planet but LOVE.

Ch
Old 03-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #692
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post

To be clear Eckhart and DH are not channeling Angels, Ascended Masters, They are the hole in the flute through which the Christ breath flows through.
Its that simple.
Well Chris, To be perfectly clear, David Hawkins is indeed channeling something. In fact, a significant portion of his work is based around using muscle testing to get answers.

As far as I understand it, he has built a linear scale with a bunch of numbers and uses his fingers and muscle testing to determine what is "most" truthful and what is "less than that".

So as you have said earlier "the book of Revelations" is "less" truthful than Hawkins own work. As is "everything else pretty much except for Jesus and Krishna".

And according to Hawkins muscle testing, which in my opinion it is very hard to argue that this is not channeling, Hawkins is the "most enlightened you can be" as a human, and his teachings are "much higher correlated in Truth than are Eckhart Tolle's, as Eckhart Tolle's are for a "lower level of student"".

To say that David Hawkins does not channel is simply not a true statement. Indeed, like Vestal virgins of old he uses deviation to get his answers, which of course place him and his teachings heads and tails above the rest. Of course I suggest this can have the effect of building spiritual ego in the followers that they follow the "highest and best" teaching and stop them from looking beyond the box of this linear scale of what's truthful that Hawkins fingers have created for them to follow, with him and his teachings at the top of the pyramid.

To me, that's a fair assessment.

Last edited by 14 Chakras; 03-07-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #693
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Dear 14. Have you actually read a book by DH all the way through?
Or The New Earth by Eckhart Tolle?
Im no going to disagree with any one about their chosen path, each is right for for the person at their present level of understanding.

Dr Hawkins is accessing the field of consciousness through muscle testing not anyone on the other side ascended master or otherwise, further more the answers can be tested by muscle testing by 20% of the population as fully explained in his books. Muscle testing is using the arm not fingers and requires two people of integrity.

As for the validity of Revelations you would have to ask him, Dr Hawkins or read his books.
He is saying that, that book in the bible was channeled from the lower astral and you know what trouble makers they are. John spoke the truth about Armageddon but it is going to happen in the lower astral realm not ours.
If Revelations had not been added to the Bible then we would have a much more peaceful world in my opinion. That book, Relevations has caused so much fear and division in the world. God is of Love and unity.
Who exactly decided to include the book of Revelations? Many books were omitted

Anyway you are entitled to your beliefs.
Kim Michaels has Eckhart Tolle as friend on his web site, truth is coming from Eckhart.
You will not find Eckhart say one word about Revelations. He is one of the leading spiritual teachers of Now. If Revelations was that important then I think he would address it in his books.
To repeat there is a difference between being a channel and channeling.
Back to Rumini. The hole in the flute, listen to the music.
I am not saying channeling is invalid just pointing out the difference.

Any teacher that says you can be more than God is in my humble opinion saying the same as the devil tempting Jesus. Im not saying a teacher is the devil just mislead.
You will not find one established teaching or religion regardless of place or time that even hints at the possibility of being more than God.
Name one for me.
With love and respect
Chris
Old 03-07-2010, 09:16 PM   #694
kriya
Avalon Senior Member

My beloved teacher

The eyes say it all.

Love,

Kriya
kriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #695
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriya View Post
My beloved teacher

The eyes say it all.

Love,

Kriya
Yes the light of God shines out of that One.
His body did not decay on death as is normal, a sign of a pure spirit.
Thanks Kriya for reminding me of the many hours of pleasure I got from reading Yoganandas books. He spoke of meditating and the light that came upon him was brighter than that of a million suns, if my memory serves me well. The Truth was and is revealed by these illumined souls.

This thought arrived in my mind.
Now and then I get pleasure from following logic to its possible end result, a mental chess almost.
I imagine I am playing against a very powerful and clever adversary.
He lures me bit by bit into checkmate.
There is the suggestion that I can be greater than one of the greatest teachers.
That sounds very good, next there is a suggestion that I can be greater than that which created me, I am really interested now, next may well come check mate in the suggestion well then who needs a creator? You can do it yourself.

Well its only a mental game my mind has played.
The ego part of it that is
Chris
Namaste.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:48 PM   #696
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Chris, I'm not clear what you mean by "more than God"? Can you maybe expand on what you're trying to get at here. I don't feel like anyone here has ever mentioned anything like that so maybe you can explain a bit.

You brought up one man's name, his name is Kim Michaels. That being said, he's not my teacher, in fact I don't believe I have ever brought him up on this website, although I did link to his site a couple times in my many posts on Avalon.

My teacher is Christ. It lives within me here Now. I follow Christ within. I speak with Christ within. I have a connection, a Heart connection to the Ascended Masters.

There is more to life than we have been told. The reality is that we are in a bit of a prison planet here. The false teachers do not want us to break free. It's perfectly ok for the matrix for us to make some progress, but to truly break free, there is a massive of opposition to that.

The problem with our being here, is we truly don't believe that God is within. We don't believe it. We do believe other very special people can connect to god, in fact, we may even turn them into god, our own false god. We put them on a pedastle and believe they can do no wrong and we don't trust our own heart or discernment.

Sai Baba, was god? Because why he said so? So God sexually abuses children? that's what god does? interesting.

Or maybe, just maybe, these 'enlightened beings', are very simply not God men. They are enlightened to a certain degree, but they still have some illusions. We turn them into our gurus, we see god in them more than in ourselves, and we remain batteries for the matrix.

Maybe, David Hawkins muscle testing is not the Word of God. Maybe the Word of God is much more and maybe it's only accessible in our Heart Now.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #697
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Hi 14
Maybe I miss understood you with your bits of paper.
I am just putting my thoughts out as they arise and never claimed im right.
Channeling is such mixed bag.
The whole of Avalon been on the edge of it seats with such messages as giant ufos coming to "save" us. The story rarely altered just date amended.

The message of Jesus miss understood I think. Yes we can do more on earth than he did here, but He and the Father are One so the idea that we can be more than Christ is duality.

You misunderstand Hawkins which is understand able if you have not read his books. I have been studying the teaching that flows through him every day for years. It took me over a year of being on Avalon forum before I started this thread. So it was not a small undertaking, I like my mind bing silent but I felt the subject important.

Hawkins knows without muscle testing, he is teaching readers how to do it so you can find the answers for yourself.
Muscle testing in the health field is long established as an accurate way of determining health problems, clinically tested Check out the pioneering work of Dr Diamond.
Hawkins realized the answers actually coming from the field of consciousness not a personal field.

The whole concept of Enlightenment is well documented and agreed upon.
If you accept the concept then it is believable that enlightenment is a state that cant be claimed as a personal event a there is no person left at the end of it. The ego dies.
It is a non locality state that is omnipresent, timeless. It is spoken of as "That which cannot be spoken of" as it is not a linear state. It is what remains when all that is not God is removed. Oneness remains. Either DH is in that state or he is not. I believe he is after reading his in detail accounts of his life. You are free to believe otherwise my friend.
The map of consciousness is just a linear description. The map though usefull is not the teritory just a guide on the work neede to transcend the ego level by level by level.

Sai Baba is another subject but he was taken to court in America by a family who claimed to have been abused by him. and after thorough investigation the charges were completely dropped, the prosecutors saying that the witnesses lacked validity.
Baba said of the event. "They only throw stones at a fruit bearing tree."
I dont know what Baba is but through him many people are getting free hospital treatment in India free schooling, fresh running water and he is breaking down the caste system.

Jesus in his life time was accused of consorting with low life, Mary M was accused of being a prostitute and on it went till they discredited him and crucified him.
It is very easy to jump on a band wagon and criticize. Examination in depth is required to validate any claim. I dont place my soul journey lightly in any teaching,
Dr Hawkins recommends thoroughly investigating any teacher or teaching.

I don't have the slightest problem with what people say or believe. I just share what I personally have found to be useful.
Never claimed I am right never will.
Truth speaks for itself it doesn't need me to speak for it far less defend it.

Im sorry I misunderstood you Michael, you certainly make me think, a rare occurrence

Thank you.
With Love
Chris
Old 03-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #698
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Oh on re reading you post Michael I realized I dident respond to part of your post regarding freedom.

Enlightenment is the door to freedom, it doesn't get any better than that in this world.
On a pedestal definitely not.
The sages enlightened ones are here to serve and are totally free of the bondage of this world, free from ego, free from mind, therefore free of all concepts programming belief system the works. The want us to be totally free like they are. They have graduated from the world and don't need to come back, this is their last life time here unless they volunteer for service. Jesus stated he had overcome the world so have they.
They, the enlightened sages, are in Christ consciousness, they are the front runners for the human race, they have made it easier for the next one to be totally free .
May we all experience that freedom soon.

Chris
Namaste.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:38 PM   #699
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Chakras View Post
Sai Baba, was god? Because why he said so? So God sexually abuses children? that's what god does? interesting.

Sai Baba is perhaps an Avatar
Old 03-08-2010, 12:30 AM   #700
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

There are lots of spiritual teachers out there these days.
It's easy for some to be so impressed with they're teachings, and easily believe in everything they say or do.
As for me, I would rather go by the following Scripture verses:

Quote:
1 Corinthians 10:23-24 (New International Version)

The Believer's Freedom

23."Everything is permissible"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"—but not everything is constructive.
24. Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others.
Quote:
1 Thessalonians 5:19-24 (New International Version)

19. Do not put out the Spirit's fire;
20. do not treat prophecies with contempt.
21. Test everything. Hold on to the good.
22. Avoid every kind of evil.
23. May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.
~ Love & Light ~
truthseekerdan is offline   Reply With Quote