Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 03-07-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Is There a Story Behind Your Avatar, or Does It Symbolize Something?

I am intrigued by the array of avatars on Avalon. I enjoy seeing photos of members or scenes from nature. I chose mine simply because I love an ocean beach.

But there are lots of avatars that puzzle me somewhat. I'm not sure what they mean...

This thread is to share your reason for choosing your avatar.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Is There a Story Behind Your Avatar, or Does It Symbolize Something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post
I am intrigued by the array of avatars on Avalon. I enjoy seeing photos of members or scenes from nature. I chose mine simply because I love an ocean beach.

But there are lots of avatars that puzzle me somewhat. I'm not sure what they mean...

This thread is to share your reason for choosing your avatar.
Hi Seashore, mine simply means freedom, set me free and let me go home!
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:46 PM   #3
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Is There a Story Behind Your Avatar, or Does It Symbolize Something?

mine is pretty self explanatory.
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:17 PM   #4
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui D View Post
Hi Seashore, mine simply means freedom, set me free and let me go home!
You know, I never noticed the words on your avatar until I read your reply...

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:17 PM   #5
fossileyesed
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Seashore

mine is a picture of relections on a lake in nanaimo bc upside down.I take alot of pics like that.I really like perspective.

peace,love squared to the power of infinity to all........kent

ps can u see the whooping crane
fossileyesed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:23 PM   #6
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

As Above So Below

Last edited by 777 The Great Work; 03-12-2009 at 08:04 AM.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #7
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossileyesed View Post
Hello Seashore

mine is a picture of relections on a lake in nanaimo bc upside down.I take alot of pics like that.I really like perspective.

peace,love squared to the power of infinity to all........kent

ps can u see the whooping crane
I printed your avatar so I could look at it right side up!

Yours is very unique...

Yeah, I see the whooping crane, but only in the print-out. It's in the middle of the grasses, right?

(I think the grasses look like icicles upside down...)
Old 03-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #8
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Hi there,well,mine is simply "Grace under pressure",grace is the egg and pressure the G-clamp from the Rush album from the eighties-i think it speaks volumes about people who are searching truths in this world lol.

Last edited by Antaletriangle; 03-07-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #9
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaletriangle View Post
Hi there,well,mine is simply "Grace under pressure",grace is the egg and pressure the G-clamp from the Rush album from the eighties-i think it speaks volumes about people who are searching truths in this world lol.
I'm so glad you answered because I was especially mystified by yours!

And I agree about truth-seekers!!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #10
Swanny
I dont need a label !

My aura is yellow and so is my avatar
Plus it makes you smile
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:53 PM   #11
Carrie1971
Avalon Senior Member

A photo of a sprial galaxie the same as the one our solar system is part of one arm which we call the milkyway.
A galaxie is a large system of stars held together by mutual gravitation and isolated from similar systems by vast regions of space.

It consists of planets stars comets asteroids and meteors and meteorites.
There are many types of Galaxies (copy paste)
"Historically, galaxies have been categorized according to their apparent shape (usually referred to as their visual morphology). A common form is the elliptical galaxy, which has an ellipse-shaped light profile. Spiral galaxies are disk-shaped assemblages with curving, dusty arms. Galaxies with irregular or unusual shapes are known as peculiar galaxies, and typically result from disruption by the gravitational pull of neighboring galaxies. Such interactions between nearby galaxies, which may ultimately result in galaxies merging, may induce episodes of significantly increased star formation, producing what is called a starburst galaxy. Small galaxies that lack a coherent structure could also be referred to as irregular galaxies.

There are probably more than 100 billion (1011) galaxies in the observable universe."

If you click on my profile a photo of family is seen. Mutual generations young and old souls who dwell in "Earthsuits" while we spend days weeks then years in this physical place we call planet Earth. We are all connected it is just one huge place where we find that we are spending a life time to learn lessons.
Carrie1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:57 PM   #12
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaletriangle View Post
AARR! now i understand yours Antale lol! i think you have had us guessing for a long time hmm!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:59 PM   #13
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
My aura is yellow and so is my avatar
Plus it makes you smile
Whenever i see yours Swanny and yes i did spell it right this time lol!! think i called you swammy once.
It makes me smile too!
Yes it certainly puts a smile on your face!:
Old 03-08-2009, 12:09 AM   #14
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie1971 View Post
We are all connected it is just one huge place where we find that we are spending a life time to learn lessons.
Thanks, Carrie1971...

I enjoyed reading your post.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:25 AM   #15
blastawaycas
Avalon Senior Member

I AM ANENGINEER AND VERY HANDS ON WITH ALL MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT IT IS MY LIFE I JUST LOVE MACHINARY, PLUS MY LITTLE TINY COGS ARE ALWARYS WHIRRING AWAY INSIDE MY HEAD SO IT HAS A KINDA DOUBLE MEANING, KIND OF SUMS ME UP REALLY KINDEST REGARDS DAVE CASTER
blastawaycas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:07 AM   #16
henners
Project Avalon Researcher

Hey seashore, nice idea. My avatar originally was of a guy infront of a typewriter typing away. Then i received a photo of one of my passengers who took a photo of me driving my coach. I thought thats really me.
There is a great variety outthere .
Henry
Choose wisely which ones you throw.
henners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:34 AM   #17
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastawaycas View Post
I AM ANENGINEER AND VERY HANDS ON WITH ALL MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT IT IS MY LIFE I JUST LOVE MACHINARY, PLUS MY LITTLE TINY COGS ARE ALWARYS WHIRRING AWAY INSIDE MY HEAD SO IT HAS A KINDA DOUBLE MEANING, KIND OF SUMS ME UP REALLY KINDEST REGARDS DAVE CASTER
I'm always ruminating about something also, but mechanical I am not!! And an owner's manual makes me break out in a sweat!
Old 03-08-2009, 02:47 AM   #18
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

These are my eyes -- i am into eyes !!!
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:53 AM   #19
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

I radiate lots of energy in the center of my palms when I meditate.
The crystal ball is for seeing and healing the future.
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:16 AM   #20
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post

The crystal ball is for seeing and healing the future.
What a comforting thought...
Old 03-08-2009, 03:30 AM   #21
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Mine shows that I have a sense of humor!, and the bluebird of happiness does occasionally poop on your head!, or it could be a seagull I guess, LOL!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:24 AM   #22
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Mine is my cat, Ivan
Alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #23
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

I don't like representation of fixed shapes and concepts, so hey, I found a picture that doesn't really look much like anything!
See what you wish.

(Yeah alright I like the colours and how they merge but that doesn't make it a thing does it?)
Czymra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #24
Kosams
Avalon Senior Member

Mine is to show the our inner light....well actually it started as a photo from my garden of a carnation. I loaded into photoshop and played around with some filters and presto. I haven't a clue how I did it but I liked it.

Jim
Kosams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #25
shanonatime
Avalon Senior Member

good question. my current avatar... originally a cell phone picture taken in front of a hologram on the set of a vampire movie gone terribly bad. :-) a turning point in my state of awareness, to say the least.

xoxoxo
shannon
shanonatime is offline   Reply With Quote