Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:52 PM   #1
Mike_Jetson
Avalon Senior Member

Default FRINGE - JJ Abrams new X Files Pseudo Science drama

just aw the 1st one tonight and want more. I guess the US has seen this already. I think the pilot was brilliant. Everything that excites me about the paranormal right there on the telly. Sometimes i regret getting rid of the TV but as soon as those adverts come on I dont.

Corporate evil, deadly lab created virus, HAARP tech, all in the 1st ep and much more. Cant wait to see more.

anyone else loving it?
Mike_Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:00 PM   #2
Labratinaz
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: FRINGE - JJ Abrams new X Files Pseudo Science drama

Is this art imitating life? OR are we just being being indoctrinated into the unusual so that if we experience this in real life, we won't be surprised?

I liked Fringe. I liked Xfiles. I like Primeval, Dr. Who, Torchwood, and so much more. When will we see the next Star Trek movie?
Labratinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:10 PM   #3
UlfFreya
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, I like the show and find it verrrrry interesting. I think over here on this side of the pond we've had 4 episodes so far, and I've watched all of them. When I'm watching them, it feels almost like research, i.e. what info are they releasing and in what way?
UlfFreya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:11 PM   #4
Banned

I like it, its interesting and entertaining without taking itself too seriously. I liked the X-files too but I think it jumped the shark. This show IMO is the x-files for this decade, but with more of a structure.
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:46 AM   #5
DoctorWho
Avalon Senior Member

I've been hankering to do a mashup of Doctor Who clips where the Doctor both acclaims and admonishes the human race. More acclaims than admonishments.
Bill "the Doctor"
DoctorWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:57 AM   #6
Banned

I personally think that the best sci-fi show on right now is the new Battlestar Galactica. I thought the original was tragically cheesy but the new ones- great plot, effects, actors, all around awesome!!
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #7
Mike_Jetson
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlfFreya View Post
Yes, I like the show and find it verrrrry interesting. I think over here on this side of the pond we've had 4 episodes so far, and I've watched all of them. When I'm watching them, it feels almost like research, i.e. what info are they releasing and in what way?
Yeah exactly. Im trying to pay attention twice. The extra time to take in what they are letting us see. Im sure its all part of the conditioning. Im still pretty confident that Jericho was stalled deliberately as it dealt with home grown nukes.

Im told I should watch the new Battlestar by a friend, just not got round to it.

Very much looking forward to more FRINGE. I think its great, probably because it touches on so much Camelot related stuff
Old 10-06-2008, 08:26 PM   #8
crowbird
Avalon Senior Member

Greetings
A good scifi show, Farscape is my absolute favorite. Also Star Trek series (Enterprise, TNG, Voyager, DS9), Lexx, Andromeda, Earth Final Conflict, Doctor Who, Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlanis, Stargate movies, Sactuary (Amanda Tapping from Stargate SG1), Merlin, Babylon 5, Fringe and some others...
There is going to be a 4th Stargate movie and maybe a new Stargate series, Stargate Universe.
Also some fan produced series i would like to reccomend, Star Trek Of Gods and Men: www.startrekofgodsandmen.com where You can download it free. With real actors.
Star Wreck: www.starwreck.com where You can download it (torrent) or watch it online. Many good effects in this movie. It`s black comedy scifi.
crowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:45 PM   #9
christopherthomson
Avalon Senior Member

I have watched the first few, and I really like them. I think Fringe shows promise, both as entertainment, and as part of the disclosure/mind opening that is current happening.

I really hope it crosses into LOST!

Anyone else getting the Majestic 12 reference in Fringe?
christopherthomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:55 PM   #10
UlfFreya
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Jetson View Post
Yeah exactly. Im trying to pay attention twice. The extra time to take in what they are letting us see. Im sure its all part of the conditioning. Im still pretty confident that Jericho was stalled deliberately as it dealt with home grown nukes.

Im told I should watch the new Battlestar by a friend, just not got round to it.

Very much looking forward to more FRINGE. I think its great, probably because it touches on so much Camelot related stuff
I agree. So far I am struck by the similarities to experiments at Stanford re: Lucid Dreaming (can't remember the book about this) where in Fringe they put the woman in the desensitization tank and she talked to her unconscious boyfriend in a dreamstate.

Also the connection between the FBI and large corporations is interesting to me, i.e. how much black ops stuff is actually done privately.

I won't mention the other stuff since you haven't seen the episodes yet -- don't want any spoilers!

Old 10-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #11
spiritual_wanderer
Avalon Senior Member

I like it!

There was something I listened to in a Project Camelot interview - maybe it was with Dan Burisch - and he mentioned some conversation with a very famous TV producer... and I saw something in a Fringe episode, and it made me think he might have been talking about JJ Abrams. Geez, can't remember the specifics, hate it when that happens!!!!!
spiritual_wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:11 PM   #12
Labratinaz
Avalon Senior Member

It is intriguing to follow the plot line. They trying to figure out what the "Pattern" is. Right? Pattern of very strange, seemingly unrelated events, yet diabolically connected. As if someone / some others are controlling and manipulating the events?

Wait. That does sound perfect for this forum!! A mixture of government experiments of the past co-mingling with Industrial experiments of the present. Who exactly is running this place? Us? Them?

Are you in? Do you know about the Pattern?

;-)

Peace
Labratinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:00 AM   #13
UlfFreya
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Mike,

It just occurred to me -- isn't there usually a huge delay between us getting your shows over here and you getting our shows over there? I thought that was always the case. If not a huge delay then at least several months, yeah?

I could be behind the times, but it strikes me as odd that we're both getting this show at almost the same time.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #14
Mike_Jetson
Avalon Senior Member

Theres usually a huge amount of time. This time its only a couple of weeks it seems. Hmmm, intruguing indeed.

I think the pattern in my eyes will be mathematical, sacred geometry based....or something ?!