Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Ufology

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 02:41 AM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default UFO 'looked like a plane on fire'

http://www.helensburghadvertiser.co.uk/articles/1/34449

By Fiona Howard

A HELENSBURGH man, washing his dishes on Monday, looked out of his kitchen window and thought he saw a plane about to crash.

But now he is looking to hear from anyone else who saw the strange phenomenon which he now believes was a UFO.

Lewis Graham, a graphic artist, was working at the sink in his Lomond Street flat just before seven o’clock when he saw the fiery red object pass across the window.

He said: “At first I thought it was a plane on fire or a helicopter. Then I thought it was an asteroid descending!

“It was silent and appeared to have a single red light to the rear. It must have been really low as there was nearly 100 per cent cloud cover.

“It remained stationery over what I reckon was Cardross then got dimmer and vanished.

“I’ve never seen anything like it and at one point I panicked and thought about taking cover as I thought it was going to plummet down to earth!”

He added: “I noticed other people stopping in the street to look and some even stopped their cars and got out.

“It seemed to come from the Faslane direction and went straight across towards Cardross before it stopped and then gradually faded away.

“It must have been very low because there was a lot of cloud and no stars.

“It was just really weird, really strange.”

Lewis took a moment to switch everything off in his house so that he could hear any noise it made but it was completely silent.

He went on: “I am a keen amateur astronomer and I know my stars and planets but until now I have always been an unbeliever when it comes to UFOs but now I believe.”

Lewis reported his sighting to the UK UFO Sightings website and found that a very similar sighting had been reported on January 19 over Partick as well as others in England.

Did YOU see this object? Email us at editorial@helensburghadvertiser.co.uk or call 01436 673434
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote