Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Default A very strange reactions of my cat to sth.

First it happened several years ago. there were only my friend and i at home. All of a sudden my cat became terrified of something. He jumped on my bed, started hissing, his eyes filled with terror. he was so scared that he almost immediately urinated and pooped on the pillow. i had to comfort him for several minutes. back then i had no idea what could have caused such behavior. About 2 months ago he ran out of the bathroom and hid in the closet, again terrified and hissing and panting. However this time, having listened to, having seen, having read PC and PA I walked into the bathroom and said loudly "whoever you are leave my cat alone and leave". I meant it with all my heart and I really focused on my words. I don't know what frightened my cat, but i have a feeling that it was "not from this world".

Last edited by burgundia; 11-19-2008 at 04:40 PM.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:46 PM   #2
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: A very strange reactions of my cat to sth.

Oh I know that totally works, I have used it several times, always presumed they were ghosts. Oh those cats, half here, half somewhere else.

Take care :-)
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Cats, fun critters really.
Generally very honest about how energy flows around them. Very stealthy critters but very little guile to them.

I'd share your concern in that, the nature of the reaction seems like what you'd expect to a predator. One the cat doesn't know how to handle.

Incidents 2 yrs apart, was it the same house? Were the incidents coincident with changes/events in your life? Room mates? Seems unlikely whatever it is would "come for the cat". I mean, generally, people is much easier pickin's.

You were vocal, direct, and intent, so theres little doubt you were heard. Good move. "I don't know what frightened my cat", is probably the way to leave it, so long as they heard, and abide by your wishes. After all, striking up a relationship with whatever it was, just feeds the whole thing. You've made your position clear, and if it's limited to once every couple years something odd wanders through, well that's just luck of the draw.

After all, "it's a free country", right?

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
Cats, fun critters really.
Generally very honest about how energy flows around them. Very stealthy critters but very little guile to them.

I'd share your concern in that, the nature of the reaction seems like what you'd expect to a predator. One the cat doesn't know how to handle.

Incidents 2 yrs apart, was it the same house? Were the incidents coincident with changes/events in your life? Room mates? Seems unlikely whatever it is would "come for the cat". I mean, generally, people is much easier pickin's.

You were vocal, direct, and intent, so theres little doubt you were heard. Good move. "I don't know what frightened my cat", is probably the way to leave it, so long as they heard, and abide by your wishes. After all, striking up a relationship with whatever it was, just feeds the whole thing. You've made your position clear, and if it's limited to once every couple years something odd wanders through, well that's just luck of the draw.

After all, "it's a free country", right?

Fred
It was more than 2 years, maybe 4. The same house.But only the last time it happened I reacted that way because I was more aware of what was going on in the world.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:10 PM   #5
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

cats are amasing ...
i used to call my last cat
"my guard cat"
they truly are special guardians,
that step in, when we forget,
to alert us,
to restrict things,
that should have NO access to us

there are Simple SolutionS you can apply
to stop attacks

cat are definitely guardians

love
susan
the eXchangers
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:37 AM   #6
Nebula

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
First it happened several years ago. there were only my friend and i at home. All of a sudden my cat became terrified of something. He jumped on my bed, started hissing, his eyes filled with terror. he was so scared that he almost immediately urinated and pooped on the pillow. i had to comfort him for several minutes. back then i had no idea what could have caused such behavior. About 2 months ago he ran out of the bathroom and hid in the closet, again terrified and hissing and panting. However this time, having listened to, having seen, having read PC and PA I walked into the bathroom and said loudly "whoever you are leave my cat alone and leave". I meant it with all my heart and I really focused on my words. I don't know what frightened my cat, but i have a feeling that it was "not from this world".
I think your cat encountered a giant alien rat! lol.. j/k ... sorry i seen an opportunity for some crazy humor.

Bttt: Well, i don't really know, but from your description above, maybe your cat could have saw some type of diasgreable entity!

Last edited by Nebula; 11-20-2008 at 03:39 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:03 AM   #7
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
I think your cat encountered a giant alien rat! lol.. j/k ... sorry i seen an opportunity for some crazy humor.

Bttt: Well, i don't really know, but from your description above, maybe your cat could have saw some type of diasgreable entity!
That's what had crossed my mind. Some kind of unfriendly entity.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:07 AM   #8
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Does this explain why my cat goes nuts and runs back and forth and hides? I'll try that technique of telling the person to leave my cat alone. I get very annoyed when my cat acts like this and I do not know what causes it. Poor bugger.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:12 AM   #9
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post
cats are amasing ...
i used to call my last cat
"my guard cat"
they truly are special guardians,
that step in, when we forget,
to alert us,
to restrict things,
that should have NO access to us

there are Simple SolutionS you can apply
to stop attacks

cat are definitely guardians

love
susan
the eXchangers
People say that cats only think for themselves but that is total ********. All my cat asks for is plenty of food, a clean litter box, water and the occasional new toy and he rewards me with lots of affection. I can't keep him off me when I'm sleeping so I have to close the door. He is a lap cat and will jump in my lap if I'm sitting somewhere. He goes absolutely nuts over catnip, despite the fact that he's now an adult cat.

I have a special connection with cats and my family had several when I was growing up. The last cat we had was very, very loyal and she would often follow me around and greet me whenever I came to visit my parents (years after I had moved out). Unfortunately, a very ignorant neighbor loaded her up in his truck and dropped her off at a farm. Never saw her again. It still breaks my heart but she was really old (16 or 17) and I try to rationalize it in a positive way by realizing that she got to live out her last days chasing mice on a farm or just relaxing. Ugh, it's hard for me to type this but I would not mind taking in another, older cat to keep my cat company.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote