Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 03-16-2009, 08:46 AM   #1
henners
Project Avalon Researcher

Smile Are you spiritually gifted ?

Hello all, i had a thought in mind about spirituality. I did a bit of research and thought i'd post my findings.

What is awake ? From Wilkipedia- Being awake is a metabolic state which is marked by catabolic processes and which is characterized by consciousness, the opposite of sleep, an anabolic process.
In biological psychology, awareness describes a human or animal's perception and cognitive reaction to a condition or event. Awareness does not necessarily imply understanding, just an ability to be conscious of, feel or perceive.

When did you become aware of being spiritually awake/gifted ?
Are these some of the perceptions you had ?

- Acute self-awareness, intuition, the "I am"-power or built-in authority.

- See self and others as inter-related; realize without being taught that the cosmos is somehow alive and shining; possess what has been termed "subjective light."

- Moral elevation, strong opinions, a tendency to experience delight, "peak-experiences," and/or aesthetic preferences.

- An understanding of where they're headed; have a sense of destiny; see the possible in the midst of the mundane.

- "Unappeasable hunger" for selective interests, often prompting solitary or single-minded pursuits; generally altruistic or want to contribute to others.

- Fresh, "weird" notions; well-developed humor ( Reminds me of Brinty) : We ask such youngsters, "Where do you get these ideas?" and wonder if these aren't ancient souls in young bodies.

- Pragmatic, efficient perception of reality, which often (but not always) produces healthy choices and practical results.

For me, all insight is a gift. In my study and experience, the genuinely saintly people have no idea that they are such (and those who claim it, usually aren't!) To be spiritually gifted is in a sense to be humble, open to learning, to be at least available for the possibilities of oneself, of others, of situations, and to be diligent in doing what we can and leaving the rest to ... well, to God.

What is your story................?
Henry
Choose wisely which ones you throw.
henners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #2
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Are you spiritually gifted ?

great thread henners ...

the perceptions you listed ... yeah ... that's pretty much me ... always has been ... i kind of came here what's to be described as awake ... my learning ... rather my re-learning ... was that things here are not as i know how they should be ... how they are meant to be ...

i have always had a challenging time resonating with how things work in this life experience ... as many here ... trying to fit in ... knowing within that by trying to fit in ... i'm really going against the grain of my truth ... and yet ... what to do when you have to live here ...

at a very young age i have known and experienced things very differently than others ... didn't know this at first ... slowly though i had learned i was the minority ... that things don't actually work the way i feel they are meant to work ...

i remember when i was quite young ... knowing only of oneness with all others and all that is ... the pain of that was re-learning separation ... at times this felt like a battleground within me ... going against what i had always known ... to live according to separation and all that entailed ... so i could "fit in" ...

now my mandate is not to fit in any longer ... now i know that what i have always known ... the oneness i had always experienced ... is who i am ... and finally ... finally this feels true and right ... feels like home ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

I don't know that I ever realised that I was awake. I never thought of myself as gifted, still don't really. I do know that I have, since as far back as I can remember, always thought of things and seen things very differently to most people including my direct family. This caused a lot of pain in my life.

I was always a loner, and still am really, which was always misinterpereted as aloofness and being stand-offish. This was never the case. The fact of the matter is that I was painfully shy however. Also from a very young age I was a fastidious reader across a broad spectrum of subjects and had a wide range of interests. I do know that I never fitted in with my age group and wondered at why kids were always after carnal pleasure. I just thought that I was weird as I found kids my age to be incredibly immature.

I lived in my head a lot, was always lost in thought and caught a good few smacks across the head for day-dreaming in class. Oh yes, I was always the clown, and have always had a very keen sense of humour. Strange for a shy person but that's the way of it.

These days? Well, I have overcome my shyness. I spread literature around far and wide, speak about things spiritual at any given opportunity and have grown comfortable enough in my own skin to be who I am without apology. This has only taken 50 plus years !!!!

Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #4
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

I left high school at the end of 1952 and spent the next 18 months trying to find a job that interested me and challenged me. In 1954 I started into a 20 year career as an office machine technician that ended with me sharing responsibility for servicing five mainframe computers.

It was during this time that I became deeply interested in what I've always referred to as "fringe stuff." Anything that was incredible or unbelievable I absorbed. I took it in, tossed it around, and filed it away in one of my three "mental filing cabinets."

One is for "rubbish, I don't believe that" another for "hmm, possible", and a third one for, "yes! I know that." The interesting thing is that over the last 20 years, the first one is almost empty, while the second one is rather full.

What did surprise me was that I recently become aware that everything I read about time, space, thought energy and all the related subjects like life after death and so on, come as no surprise and I have this inner perception of, "yes, I've always been aware of that, it comes as no surprise." But what did surprise me was that although I have this "awareness," I wasn't conscious of being aware - if you can understand that. To put it another way, I was surprised that I wasn't surprised.

Everything that I read that other people scoff at, I find to have a familiar feel to to it. Almost as though, "been there, done that." Reading about quantum mechanics has opened my eyes to the great gap between the "world" that the quantum physicists live in and the "real" world that we live in.

I feel that civilization is trembling on the brink of something mind blowing. It's nothing to fear but something to look forward to with great excitement.
It may be tomorrow, or next year, or maybe 100 years away - but it's coming.

Just think - instantaneous travel to anywhere in the universe, time travel, parallel universes - it's all possible according to the quantum physicists' theories. Many things that are "impossible" in the "real" world, actually happen time and time again in quantum experiments.

Try and get hold of a copy of John Gribbin's book, Schrodinger's Kittens And The Search For Reality, and see if you get as excited as I am.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #5
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Henners,

This thread has really got me thinking.

For me, being truly awake/gifted is rarely realised by the individual, but by people outside recognising these abilities. Even when a gifted/awake individual becomes self aware I believe nobility and subtlety are the true markers to look out for. Not someone who shoots off their perceived abilities and beliefs.

I personally, haven't decided if Im awake/gifted. I dont think its for me to decide. It was put to me from a younger age that I had something.

All I know is that there has always been a knowing that the world we are presented with is not the world we really live in and I strive to develop myself further in order to understand where we really are, what our//my purpose is.

Peace
Regards
Iain

Last edited by iainl140285; 03-16-2009 at 12:10 PM.
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #6
henners
Project Avalon Researcher

Great replies . futureyes, Zeddo, Brinty, you have all amazed me with your responses. All so different yet they all resonate with me. Brinty, i hope i get to chat to you face to face this year on one of my trips north.

Henry
Choose wisely which ones you throw.
henners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #7
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

This life is the gift that i gave my self
to expireince who I AM , how magnificent
to see my self in you , and you in me
To know that the world is in me
and not me in the world , this is an amazin meditation
for eny one who feels small ,try it ......
Real freedom lives in the realm of the unknown
you will know your in the unknown you will feel its wonder.
It cannott be faked.
I AM pure consciousness itself IAM that infinite ocean
and pure bliss no thing is me and i am nothing
I AM the very matrix of exxxxxxxxxxxxistence
Am I spiritualy gifed ??
I AM that I am
the loving present
to my self
spining weaving
the great tapestry in
lifes rhythmmmm................ONE.
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #8
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: Are you spiritually gifted ?

I think that EVERYONE is Gifted, however not all are awake to their Gifts.

We each, everyone incarnated on Earth, is somewhere along the path of Spiritual Evolution.

I learned of my own Gifts from interacting with Nature. To share here only a few experiences. I Grew up in New Hampshire, where I had access to a vast Wilderness. At one time, about age 6 or 7, I was climbing tall trees for the beautiful views of the forest all around.

One such tree, an old 'Grandfather' Pine, I climbed to the very top branches. There, hugging the slender top, gently swaying with the breeze, I felt an INTENSE LOVE COMING FROM THE TREE.

Another time, a few years later, maybe age 9-yrs, I was wading through some thick, chest-high ferns in the forest. Coming out to the edge, I walked up on a Badger sunning itself next to a boulder. I froze in my tracks. Then the Badger got up and started to waddle around the boulder to go into the dark forest behind. It stopped, turned it's head back to look me directly in the eyes, then I heard these words come clearly into my mind = "GO IN PEACE, O' MAN" then it continued into the deep dark of the woods.

I can tell you this - All of Nature is full of living Spirit, and it is AWARE OF OUR PRESENCE and INTENT.

J_rod7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:47 AM   #9
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henners View Post
Hello all, i had a thought in mind about spirituality. I did a bit of research and thought i'd post my findings.

What is awake ? From Wilkipedia- Being awake is a metabolic state which is marked by catabolic processes and which is characterized by consciousness, the opposite of sleep, an anabolic process.
In biological psychology, awareness describes a human or animal's perception and cognitive reaction to a condition or event. Awareness does not necessarily imply understanding, just an ability to be conscious of, feel or perceive.

When did you become aware of being spiritually awake/gifted ?
Are these some of the perceptions you had ?

- Acute self-awareness, intuition, the "I am"-power or built-in authority.

- See self and others as inter-related; realize without being taught that the cosmos is somehow alive and shining; possess what has been termed "subjective light."

- Moral elevation, strong opinions, a tendency to experience delight, "peak-experiences," and/or aesthetic preferences.

- An understanding of where they're headed; have a sense of destiny; see the possible in the midst of the mundane.

- "Unappeasable hunger" for selective interests, often prompting solitary or single-minded pursuits; generally altruistic or want to contribute to others.

- Fresh, "weird" notions; well-developed humor ( Reminds me of Brinty) : We ask such youngsters, "Where do you get these ideas?" and wonder if these aren't ancient souls in young bodies.

- Pragmatic, efficient perception of reality, which often (but not always) produces healthy choices and practical results.

For me, all insight is a gift. In my study and experience, the genuinely saintly people have no idea that they are such (and those who claim it, usually aren't!) To be spiritually gifted is in a sense to be humble, open to learning, to be at least available for the possibilities of oneself, of others, of situations, and to be diligent in doing what we can and leaving the rest to ... well, to God.

What is your story................?
Henry
I definitely have some of those traits. I just needed a place to go where I could connect with others and realize my state of consciousness.

No wonder I feel so lonely, though I have friends. I often find it hard, if not downright difficult, to attract others that have a similar state of consciousness.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:03 AM   #10
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Everyone is spiritually gifted, we are all spirits. The degree of self realized spirituality is directly proportional to how effectively you are able to stay in the moment.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #11
Sibir
Avalon Senior Member

I`m not sure if I am awakened!

I have always believed in paranormal activities, energies and that there is a good, creating energy in the universe (and maybe it`t the opposite as well - like Nassim Harramein is stating... It make some sense, I think...!)

I have no special skills like remote viewing or healing hands, and have never been abducted by an UFO (don`t know to be happy for that or sad...?!), exept some few episodes- like most people have.

But I have read a lot about awakening and 2012 the last past year and learned a lot! Maybe that is some kind of awakening too??? I like to believe so!

Since I began to read these sites, I feel more filled with love to everyone! -And my hands are getting warmer...???!

Maybe I`m one of those who are left behind, but see everything trough a "wall of glas"? Or maybe I`m just taking my first unsteady steps to the real awakening??

I`m anyway really grateful for everyone in here sharing their thoughts, and for Bill and Kerry for starting this!

Love!
Sibir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #12
vagabunda
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I definitely have some of those traits. I just needed a place to go where I could connect with others and realize my state of consciousness.

No wonder I feel so lonely, though I have friends. I often find it hard, if not downright difficult, to attract others that have a similar state of consciousness.
gosh, I hear you, HJ...I do love the folks that I'm surrounded by, but I believe it would be so hard to wake them up without freaking them out and/or scaring them off...so I haven't really tried...hopefully its just a matter of time...after all, like attracts like...then again, we are here...

Thanks, Henners, for starting this thread, it's been lovely to hear from you all
vagabunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #13
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabunda View Post
gosh, I hear you, HJ...I do love the folks that I'm surrounded by, but I believe it would be so hard to wake them up without freaking them out and/or scaring them off...so I haven't really tried...hopefully its just a matter of time...after all, like attracts like...then again, we are here...

Thanks, Henners, for starting this thread, it's been lovely to hear from you all
Barbara marciniak in her books about the message from the pleiadians states that you do not have to try to convince other people to your truth. just keep your vibrations up and the people around you will pick up on this.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:23 PM   #14
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

I was brought into this world believing things were different from some than others.
My sister and i are two of six children, my other siblings have no concept of our beliefs although with in the family spirituallity, mediumship and paranormal was foremost.
When i met my husband in the 60's i found another person who believed very much the same as me, his encounters with supernatural and ufo's was a mirror image of my life, we obviously connected on this level this helped me on my journey i feel.
When i was young i found life very hard i had friends but i felt it was all a game to me.
Only a selected few really knew my beliefs these i would open my thoughts to but there were many who thought i was completely insane i'm sure.

I have learnt so much more within my mid life i too are looking for the big change i will call it for a better word, i hope it comes in my life time.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:21 PM   #15
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Think the world population and there is your answer.

Surroundings effect our rememberence of who we are.

Last edited by macrostheblack; 03-20-2009 at 11:23 PM.
macrostheblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #16
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

Excellent thread.
I still have goose bumps from reading this:
Quote:
I felt an INTENSE LOVE COMING FROM THE TREE.
I too have a bond with "nature".

As many of you stated...and my name implies...I'm not typical. I fit in with those around me only when I 'play the game' their way. No one wants to know what kind of mind blowing concepts are swirling around in my head. So I keep my thoughts to myself, for the most part.

Brinty...I've been studying Quantum Physics for a few years...I know exactly what you mean. There are many "worlds"...each defined by the observer.

As far as "spiritually gifted"...hmmmm...dunno. Perhaps it's just a matter of being "tuned-in" to spirit, rather than gifted. Awake, I guess.

Thanks for sharing a more personal side everyone.
Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote