Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 10-18-2008, 08:18 PM   #51
SplatPantZ

Default Re: There is only one God

I do find it hard to put into words without offending, but realy none of us know what is out there for sure, its all guess work. We are told stories and investigate history then make up our own minds.
Heck there could be an infinate number of "gods" for all i know!
Peace!
Old 10-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #52
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

true. i happy to let them have their rules too...just so long as they don't try to rule me with them.
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:07 PM   #53
Ashatav
Avalon Senior Member

Wink Re: There is only one God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jma View Post
This is a diagram I found with the 72 names of God;
Did you know what IHS stand for really?

Cheers!
Ashatav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:21 PM   #54
Jma
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Did you know what IHS stand for really?

Cheers!
Actually there are many symbols I don´t understand (hebrew),
A quick google :

The Latin In Hoc Signo (Vinces) which means “In this sign (you will conquer), from the vision that Constantine received before his victory at the Mulvian Bridge in 312 (some say 313). Constantine received a vision of a cross and heard the phrase and had it emblazoned on the shields of his soldiers.

The Greek Iesus Hemeteros Soter which means “Jesus our Savior” which was a popular Christian inscription in the early church

The Latin Iesus Hominum Salvator which means “Jesus Savior of Humankind”, made popular by St. Bernadine.

Some have even used the English phrase “I have suffered” to ascribe meaning to it, but that is a much later “pneumonic device” to remember Christ’s passion and love for us.

When you see the inscription, it is a reminder of God’s loving power and enduring mercy for us. It is more than God’s “title”, it is a reminder of God’s active presence with us, among us and before us.

As Scripture attests:

“…for it is written: ‘As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bend before me, and every tongue shall give praise to God’.” - Romans 14:11

“…at the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” - Philippians 2:10-11
When it comes to art and architecture in the Church, the best thing to remember is that everything has meaning and when you take the time (as you did) to ask the question and seek the answers, your entire Mass experience and faith experience will deepen as your spirituality grows throughout your senses – sight, sound, smell, taste, etc.

God uses everyone of your senses to touch your soul, all of His created things are supposed to point us back to the Creator at Mass – for instance, incense (smell), bells (sound), stained glass and icons (sight) and most specifically the Eucharist (taste).

Just remember, the IHS is a reminder that you are HIS
Jma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:22 PM   #55
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:26 PM   #56
333mark333
Avalon Senior Member

Location: The Western Shore of the Hudson Bay-churchill, manitoba, canada

I AM THAT I AM

WE have created our own REALITY.

333mark333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:28 PM   #57
Elephant Man
Avalon Senior Member

My illusions are shattered!! I always thought Hendrix was God...

Peace, Love, Light and Laughter
Elephant Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:21 AM   #58
Pomguymguy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
I agree that the bible is a good book just like many others are, but I don't like the way people follow it to the letter when some of it is obviously wrong and bad.
I was in Oz some years ago and I found a leaflet, it was one of the 10 commandments.
Tho shall not covet thy neighbours wife.
I spoke to one of those mad street preachers about this, I said "So I could be one of the nicest, most generous, selfless and helpful people on the planet, but I go straight to hell just because I looked at someones wife and think Yum yum...." He said "Yes no question, you broke one of the commandments."
Too me that's complete **** and such a stupid thing to believe
What makes it even worst is that if your a catholic you can do what ever you like as long as you confess your sins at the end of the week

I guess most men out there would be going to hell along with me if there was such a place

Hey Swanny - Just replace the word 'God' with 'Et's - See what Norval and Gale have researched on this subject - it really blew me away - Also see post here on Avalon or 'Google' Bible/UFO connection.

Regards Paul R ( pommy living in Oz ) Still seem to be lots of mad preachers around here - they will have a tough time getting their heads around this, for sure !
Pomguymguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:06 PM   #59
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member

HMMMM, how to put this without offending anyone is very VERY hard.

There is no evidence i can show you as i do not have access to the sumerian/arkadian and other scripts anymore. But this is what is written, whether you wish to believe or not,

Certain races were created by certain different alien races, Hence some races have disease's the others cannot geneticly contract.

The religions were created not by one god/alien/entity which ever you wish to call them.
Muslim was created by one
Jewish, another,

I could go into alot more depth but i will not as my job is not to create tention and a unhealthy debate.

All that matters is we are all god, forget the religions, the oldest religions had a purpose, not to divide as the ones of today do, The original religions were To help to become god.

Things started to go wrong around 6500 years ago. I really dont want to say much more than that on this.

Only one last thing i will add, WE are all Gods.

Quote:
I thought it would be wise to post a small contributive post to this notion.
I see "Holy wars!" (jihad ), and people claiming Brahman, Jehovah, Allah, are different, and so wars should be fought in their name.
Can´t people realize there is only one supreme God with many names.
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:21 PM   #60
Realview
Avalon Senior Member

The creation is evolved by currents extending only so far, forming centers and continuing at a lower intensity. With 3 divisions to the creation and only one division that is permanent (the purely spiritual). Centers / suns or gods are plenty. There is one Supreme Being but many, many, many gods of lower order. Many spirits with desires to provide some service or being worshiped in some perversion having a temporary place in the hierarchy of matter. To say their is only one god is not only very incorrect but dangerous. That amounts to saying everything is the same or "one". While the potential of all live is location within the purely spiritual realms that is nothing like their current state of existence. To fantasize that everyone worships or follows or has the same potential by following any practice or believe is very incorrect. Nonetheless, if a person is inclined to a faith that is where they belong. But it may be a waste of their time or even lead them in the wrong direction. The primary purpose of various beliefs in the world is to trap and misdirect the spirits so that they remain in the prison. High sounding platitudes are reflections of other motives often about wallowing in matter and following selfish indulgences. Salvation is something entirely different. Nothing is the same there is infinite variety and stratification. Pretending is self delusion and a kind of feel good cowardice.
Realview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:37 PM   #61
macleodmunro
Avalon Senior Member

To me there is only one god.

When i use the word god i'm generally talking about that which brought the universe into being.
Or possibly the universe itself and everything in it (including us).

But to say there is no god is a rather bold statement.
It's like the web saying there is no spider. As if it just formed itself.

SILLY WEB
macleodmunro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:26 PM   #62
Merlin
Avalon Senior Member

I think the TRUTH is, no person can say GOD is or is not.

One can belive one has truth in one's heart. Fine.

There is only one Truth, who will claim to know it?

Not me.

Merlin.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:18 AM   #63
Ashatav
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Actually there are many symbols I don´t understand (hebrew),
A quick google :

The Latin In Hoc Signo (Vinces) which means “In this sign (you will conquer), from the vision that Constantine received before his victory at the Mulvian Bridge in 312 (some say 313). Constantine received a vision of a cross and heard the phrase and had it emblazoned on the shields of his soldiers.

The Greek Iesus Hemeteros Soter which means “Jesus our Savior” which was a popular Christian inscription in the early church

The Latin Iesus Hominum Salvator which means “Jesus Savior of Humankind”, made popular by St. Bernadine.

Some have even used the English phrase “I have suffered” to ascribe meaning to it, but that is a much later “pneumonic device” to remember Christ’s passion and love for us.

When you see the inscription, it is a reminder of God’s loving power and enduring mercy for us. It is more than God’s “title”, it is a reminder of God’s active presence with us, among us and before us.

As Scripture attests:

“…for it is written: ‘As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bend before me, and every tongue shall give praise to God’.” - Romans 14:11

“…at the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” - Philippians 2:10-11
When it comes to art and architecture in the Church, the best thing to remember is that everything has meaning and when you take the time (as you did) to ask the question and seek the answers, your entire Mass experience and faith experience will deepen as your spirituality grows throughout your senses – sight, sound, smell, taste, etc.

God uses everyone of your senses to touch your soul, all of His created things are supposed to point us back to the Creator at Mass – for instance, incense (smell), bells (sound), stained glass and icons (sight) and most specifically the Eucharist (taste).

Just remember, the IHS is a reminder that you are HIS

Yeah, in that sign conquers is what some says. But the people who search more says that IHS stands for ISIS HORUS and SEB.

Look at this AMAZING lecture: The secret Behind the Secret Societies.

PS: Im not against G O D, im against the people who kidnap his image.

Cheers!
Ashatav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:34 AM   #64
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

We can go into religious or scientific explanation for this phenomena we call G.O.D. my explanation is the feeling that helps you to become a better person, parent, friend, global citizen or beyond. Funny thing even an atheist will call for a higher being in times of crisis such as in war. I have a lot of talks with this being when I was getting shot at. Call it what you want, give it any definition you like, just know that it is there wether you believe in it or not.
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:54 AM   #65
Merkaba
Avalon Senior Member

These are the best tools I have come across which will leave most with more questions than answers.

Pagan Origins of the Christ Myth
http://www.pocm.info/

The Hierarchy
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/va..._vatican37.htm

The Pharmacratic Inquisition
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnvEHObMMH4

Matthew and Luke copied from Mark.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synoptic_problem
Mark and the Book of Acts mimed from The Iliad.
http://www.amazon.com/Homeric-Epics-.../dp/0300080123
John was (probably) written in opposition to this:
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gosthom.html
Decipher its secrets and win a prize
Merkaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:14 AM   #66
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member

does that go for me too......or am i excluded! hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkaba View Post
These are the best tools I have come across which will leave most with more questions than answers.

Pagan Origins of the Christ Myth
http://www.pocm.info/

The Hierarchy
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/va..._vatican37.htm

The Pharmacratic Inquisition
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnvEHObMMH4

Matthew and Luke copied from Mark.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synoptic_problem
Mark and the Book of Acts mimed from The Iliad.
http://www.amazon.com/Homeric-Epics-.../dp/0300080123
John was (probably) written in opposition to this:
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gosthom.html
Decipher its secrets and win a prize
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #67
Merkaba
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMA-GI View Post
does that go for me too......or am i excluded! hehe
I refer you to saying 13 of the Gospel of Thomas.

"13. Jesus said to his disciples, "Compare me to something and tell me what I am like."

Simon Peter said to him, "You are like a just messenger."

Matthew said to him, "You are like a wise philosopher."

Thomas said to him, "Teacher, my mouth is utterly unable to say what you are like."

Jesus said, "I am not your teacher. Because you have drunk, you have become intoxicated from the bubbling spring that I have tended."

And he took him, and withdrew, and spoke three sayings to him. When Thomas came back to his friends they asked him, "What did Jesus say to you?"

Thomas said to them, "If I tell you one of the sayings he spoke to me, you will pick up rocks and stone me, and fire will come from the rocks and devour you." "
Merkaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:32 PM   #68
Marcus Knudsen
Avalon Senior Member

I would not say: there is only one god.
I would say: there is only god.

In fact, as soon as we write down "god" we have allready moved a step away from what "it is".
Becasue nothing really happens. the more we move away from god, the more we experience that things happen. nothing really happens.
I experienced this once. For only a second or so , i was looking out the window and for that short while i was with the white lightsource, like a big white star that was nowhere. nothing happened. all was absolute zero in total harmony and eternal perfection. I still have this inner vision in me that i had then. i see it, but not with my eyes. It put a new perspective on life for me.
Marcus Knudsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:09 PM   #69
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for sharing this beautifull moment Marcus.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:14 PM   #70
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer View Post
Thanks for sharing this beautifull moment Marcus.
I agree with you Peer. And may I also add here that I highly enjoy your perspective on many things within this forum that you post for all of us.
Very thought provoking and loving posts simply rolls out of you.
You Sir are a kind and Loving Soul!

My 'thoughts' on this One God thing is this.
I do not believe in a god that sits on a throne with a book that says if we are 'Naughty or Nice' then can throw a Lightening Bolt at us. (or whatever Bad Thing you can think of)
Or a 'god' that is angry and will send us to a nasty place called Hell.
Or A god that demands we OBEY!

That is Zeus. Many people 'think' of their God as that in many ways.

I think of the creator as simply The Source of All things.
We are part of this Source and whatever we experience, learn, etc then The Source does as well.
We have Freedom of Choice and that to me is the greatest gift of all.

This is my opinion. Also if I may be so bold....it really does not matter what we/I 'believe'.
It only matters what IS.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:25 PM   #71
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Stephen, thank you for your very kind words.

If we read our Shakespeare well we would all know the answer because he wrote it down very clearly:

To be or not to be, that is the question.

We can only be.

Not just a little or half.
One cannot be a little pregnant or halfdead.
You are or you are not.
Enlightenment is only a state of being as is God and you are right:
We have free will.

When I am not, neither is God, neither is there disaster, one or more heavens or a universe.
No use posing the question: If I do not exist would there still be a God?

I am or nothing is.

I think that answers the question "to be or not to be."

Last edited by Peer; 10-24-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:56 AM   #72
Merlin
Avalon Senior Member

As the Dood said: "It only matters what IS"

I am total agreement with this, there is only one truth, regardless of our opinion of it.

Why must there be a God?

Merlin.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote