Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 11-16-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Marillion to play gig for McKinnon! nov16th

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...y-gig-mckinnon
Great band marillion,seen them countless times,mostly with fish though.

PROG ROCK supergroup Marillion has agreed to play a benefit gig for Gary McKinnon as the Pentagon hacker's legal team prepares a last ditch attempt to have his US extradition order quashed.

Meanwhile, a political campaign to persuade Home Secretary Jacqui Smith to reject the US extradition request has gained momentum, with a clutch of big hitters demanding she show humanitarian care when considering the fate of people with Asperger's Syndrome, with which Gary was diagnosed in the summer.

Mark Kelly, keyboard player with Marillion, told the INQUIRER: "We're definitely interested. I spoke to the band about it and said let's put ourselves forward because its an important cause. They have agreed in principle. We just need to get some more details.

"I've always had an interest in computers and I read about Gary's case a couple of years ago. I identified with him a bit - someone hacking into computers and it being a bit of harmless rummaging around. He was looking for evidence of UFOs - it's not like he was a terrorist or anything," he said. "I'm a bit of a computer geek - keyboard player in a band - it comes with the territory really. Not that I ever got into hacking systems, but I could imagine in my younger and more stupid days I would have done something like that if I had the technical capability and would have seen it as a bit of harmless fun, and would never have thought it would lead to something as serious as this," he added.

"When I heard he was being extradited and was facing many years in prison and was being made an example of I thought, that's a bit harsh. He should stand trial here, shouldn't he?" said Kelly, who has someone with Asperger's Syndrome in his own family.

cont.on link above.

When man became machine by A.t.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote