Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 11-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #1
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Default Tiger Woods seriously injured in car crash

Hi all serious golfers out there,

Just in, Tiger Woods has been seriously injured in a car accident in Florida.

More news when I get it.

Best regards,

Steve
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Tiger Woods seriously injured in car crash

Just saw this at youtube so thought I would post it Steve A.

Authorities: Tiger Woods hurt in car crash by home

By DOUG FERGUSON
2 minutes ago

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident early Friday when his car struck a tree near his mansion in a gated waterfront community, authorities said.

The Florida Highway Patrol said Woods, 33, hit the hydrant and a tree after pulling out of his driveway in his 2009 Cadillac sports utility vehicle.

The patrol reported his injuries as serious, and that he was taken to Health Central Hospital. His condition was not immediately known. A supervisor in the emergency room said Friday afternoon that Woods was not a patient there.

The report said alcohol was not involved, though the accident remains under investigation. No one else was in the car, patrol spokeswoman Kim Montes said.

Continues: http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/new...v=ap&type=lgns

Last edited by peaceandlove; 11-27-2009 at 09:01 PM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

...so we have some numbers here.....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:02 PM   #4
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Tiger Woods OK after car accident

Excerpt:

Quote:
Woods spokesman Glenn Greenspan said the golfer was treated at Health Central Hospital and released in good condition. The accident report classified Woods’ injuries as serious, but patrol spokeswoman Kim Montes said troopers consider the injuries serious if they require more than minor medical attention.

The FHP said alcohol was not involved, though the accident remains under investigation and charges could be filed. No one else was in the car, Montes said.

The accident happened at 2:25 a.m., though the FHP did not release the accident report until nearly 12 hours later.

Gary Bruhn, mayor of the adjacent community of Windermere, said police from that village were among the first on the accident scene and saw Woods with cuts on his face.
Complete Article: http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/new...v=ap&type=lgns
Old 11-28-2009, 11:21 PM   #5
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

There was an email from Dr. Turi in my INBOX I read just before running across this Yahoo News Article. An excerpt from Dr. Turi's newsletter follows the article.

Police: 911 tapes of Woods' crash expected Sunday

By FRED GOODALL, AP Sports Writer – 1 hr 25 mins ago

WINDERMERE, Fla. – Florida authorities went to Tiger Woods' mansion to clear up questions about how he crashed his SUV into a fire hydrant and a neighbor's tree and said they plan to release tapes of the 911 call on Sunday.

Florida Highway Patrol spokeswoman Sgt. Kim Montes said Saturday that investigators are "trying not to get on the rumor mill."

The world's No. 1 golfer smashed his Cadillac near his $2.4 million mansion at 2:25 a.m. Friday and was briefly hospitalized, police said. Though there still has been no information on where he was heading at that hour, plenty of details from the crash have emerged: His lips were cut, and Windermere police chief Daniel Saylor said Woods' wife, Elin Nordegren, used a golf club to smash out a back window and help Woods from the car.

The police report said alcohol was not a factor.

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091128/...ds_accident_46

DR. TURI'S TAKE ON IT....

Quote:
And yes you have to be really stupid to accept this as a simple accident if you do not possess Cosmic Consciousness. Tiger Wood was born in January and ALL souls born in January without any exception are prone to chemical or religious dependency knowing that, their 3rd house of thought process is ruled by Neptune *escapism. Not that all Capricorn are bad and doomed don’t get me wrong but if you start to ask the DOB of your friends you may be on for a big surprise and realize that Dr. Turi really know what he is talking about. The same scenario happened to other famous Capricorn such as Mel Gibson caught drunk and Rush Limbaugh’s abuses of medications.

Now because of the protective new moon the cop who dealt with him that early morning recognized him as a celebrity and probably gave him a lucky break and Tiger saved his butt from bad publicity. Anyone reading my Moon Power has had, over the year the ample unlimited examples to realize that people do GET DRUNK when Neptune is in charge and end up either fighting or in jail with a DUI. If I could have an army of volunteers doing the research to prove my claim chances are more than 80% of DUI cases or domestic violence took place when the moon was either in Pisces or Scorpio. But don’t ask the police executives to even consider this possibility because they are all assuming that I am another Miss Cleo.

The sign of Pisces rules emotions and deception add some alcohol and be ready for a real dance of madness where tears and screams can be heard all over the neighborhood. Do you remember the dramatic 911 call to the police made by Nicole Simpson? YES the moon was in Pisces and O.J. was as drunk as a skunk and heard on the tape screaming his head off in the background. Thus if I had a penny for each person that drank too much *including myself, for Thank Giving chances are I would never have to bother you ever again to start my reality show *The Cosmic Code With Dr. Turi and end up billionaire the day after.

DON’T BE NEPTUNE’S NEXT VICTIM!

Thus one has to be really gullible to believe Tiger Wood was straight that night and indeed he was very lucky to hit only a tree and a water drain that could not take him to court. Imagine if he had killed an innocent person that night? But again, like all the rich and famous people walking this earth, little does he know about the waxing *protective moon cruising the over emotional prone to get drunk sign of Pisces. And without Cosmic Consciousness many more celebrities will join him and ACT robotically under the jurisdictions of the Cosmic Code. Indeed a simple investment in my book Moon Power would have prepared him for the night and after reading my heed Tiger would have had the chance to apply his will and escape Neptune’s deceiving, emotional pull. So many people had to endure terrible experiences and the unlucky one met with an early death just because they do not know God’ signs and the emotional response induced by the moon cruising through a water sign. Moon Power content is so very real, so very useful and so very helpful that even NASA would not have launched any space vehicle during a waning moon and/or a Super Nova window. But like the police executive’s ignorance NASA decision-making morons are also indeed RESPONSIBLE of the death of so many courageous people.
For those that may be interested...

He's now offering for the remainder of the year his daily 2009 Moon Power Starguide: http://www.drturi.com/moonpoweroffer2009.php

These years are available too as FREE DOWNLOADS: 2006, 2007, and 2008 (Scroll down to near bottom): http://www.drturi.com HIS WEBSITE TAKES A WHILE TO LOAD, AT LEAST ON MY COMPUTER (Very Long Pages).

OR go direct to each year individually by webpage and DOWNLOAD ebook:

2006 http://www.drturi.com/moonpoweroffer2006.php
2007 http://www.drturi.com/moonpoweroffer2007.php
2008 http://www.drturi.com/moonpoweroffer2008.php
2009 http://www.drturi.com/moonpoweroffer2009.php

Last edited by peaceandlove; 11-28-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:47 PM   #6
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Just getting ready to sign off and another article pops up on Yahoo!

Burgundia, are you following along?

Police: Woods, wife unavailable for interview

By FRED GOODALL, AP Sports Writer – 2 mins ago

WINDERMERE, Fla. – Tiger Woods and his wife were not available to speak to state troopers for the second straight day, asking that they return Sunday to try to clear up questions about how he crashed his SUV into a neighbor's tree.

The Florida Highway Patrol said the announcement that the world's No. 1 golfer and his wife, Elin, could not speak Saturday to authorities came from his agent. Mark Steinberg of IMG did not immediately respond to a text seeking comment.

Troopers previously tried to talk to Woods on Friday afternoon. The patrol said his wife told troopers Woods was sleeping, and they agreed to return the next day.

Continues with Slideshow and Video: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/glf_woods_accident

Last edited by peaceandlove; 11-28-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:12 PM   #7
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Woods expected to talk to police Sunday

By FRED GOODALL, AP Sports Writer
28 minutes ago

WINDERMERE, Florida (AP)—Tiger Woods and his wife, Elin, are expected to talk to police for the first time Sunday, breaking a two-day silence that has only fueled speculation about his early morning accident, why he left the house at that hour, where he was going and whether an argument preceded the crash.

Florida Highway Patrol spokeswoman Sgt. Kim Montes said the 911 call—made by a neighbor, not Woods’ wife, Elin—will be released Sunday, and troopers will return to Woods’ house when they report for duty about 3 p.m.

Sgt. Kim Montes, the patrol spokeswoman, said she expected troopers to return to Woods’ house when they report for duty about 3 p.m. She said FHP investigations into minor collisions don’t normally drag on for days, but this isn’t the first time that one has stretched on.

“It’s unusual, but I will say it’s happened before,” Montes said Sunday. “This is not the first time that we’ve gone back to get a statement from a driver. … We try and give the driver every opportunity to tell us their side of the story before we complete our investigation.”

Montes has said Woods is not required to give a statement, only his driver’s license, insurance and registration of the SUV, which was towed to a private yard with damage to the front and both back-seat windows broken.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:37 PM   #8
Jonah
Avalon Senior Member

Any word on allegations of woods' wife causing the injuries??

That looks like a fierce woman
Jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:59 PM   #9
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

I guess he's not required by law to speak with the police, so he isn't.

Most recent YAHOO News Article:

For 3rd time, Woods cancels meeting with police

1 hour, 2 minutes ago

WINDERMERE, Fla. (AP)—Tiger Woods canceled yet another meeting with state troopers but, for the first time, talked about his car crash on his Web site, saying it was his fault, that his wife acted courageously and that remaining details were private.

The statement was posted about an hour before troopers were to meet with the world’s No. 1 golfer at his home inside the gates of Isleworth. A meeting was not rescheduled.

In a tape of a 911 call released Sunday, two days after the accident, a neighbor told dispatchers that a black Cadillac Escalade hit a tree and “I have someone down in front of my house.”

Woods’ neighbor never mentions the golfer by name, and the call is inaudible at several points because of the bad connection.

“I came out here just to see what was going on,” the neighbor, who was not identified, told dispatchers. “I see him, and he’s laying down.”

One woman is heard in the background yelling, “What happened?”

In his statement, Woods took responsibility for the accident.

“This situation is my fault, and it’s obviously embarrassing to my family and me,” Woods said. “I’m human and I’m not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn’t happen again.”

Old 11-30-2009, 05:09 PM   #10
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Well, here's another one...busy, busy.

Woods speaks up, says crash is ‘private matter’

4 hours, 50 minutes ago

WINDERMERE, Fla. (AP)—Despite presenting his side of the car-crash story and asking that it remain “a private matter,” Tiger Woods may still not be in the clear.

Troopers arriving at his Isleworth home requesting an interview were turned down for a third straight day, but the Florida Highway Patrol said it will continue to investigate. Yet the tabloid-fueled rumors now swirling around one of the world’s richest and most-recognizable athletes could turn out to be more troublesome still.

About an hour before the troopers arrived Sunday afternoon, Woods released a statement on his Web site taking responsibility for—but providing few details about—the middle-of-the-night accident that left him dazed, bruised and bloodied.

“This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way,” Woods said. “Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible. …

“I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received,” the statement concluded. “But, I would also ask for some understanding that my family and I deserve some privacy no matter how intrusive some people can be.”

Yet several public-relations experts believed there was little chance of that request being honored.

“The goal of putting out a statement, or having a press conference, is to make sure questions are answered so you’re not continuing to have questions that are crisis-related,” said Mike Paul, whose firm, MGP & Associates, frequently works with athletes. “There are still over a dozen questions we have regarding his reputation because the statement is not enough.”

CONTINUES and VIDEO: http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-woods-accident&prov=ap&type=lgns

TRANSCRIPT OF 911 CALL:

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/new...v=ap&type=lgns

Last edited by peaceandlove; 11-30-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:10 PM   #11
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Its very interesting when its a celebrity how they can dodge an interview with the police. If it was any ordinary citizen, the police would have broken down the front door. Another example of how there are 2 sets of rules, one for the rich (no rules) and actual rules for the rest of the sheep. Money talks & corruption abounds.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:47 PM   #12
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
Any word on allegations of woods' wife causing the injuries??

That looks like a fierce woman
Blessings Jonah,

Here is a article that just popped up on YAHOO this afternoon...

RIGHT ON WaitingintheWings....Rules are for the rulees not the rulers!

Just who is Elin Nordegren Woods, anyway?

By Jay Busbee
Mon Nov 30, 2009

As Tiger Wreck Watch 2009 lurches into its fourth day with little new information, fans and media are combing over every element of this case like symbologists in a Dan Brown thriller. There's brick wall after brick wall in this story, but one of the largest and most well-fortified is this: just who is Elin Nordegren Woods, anyway?

If you were to design the perfect wife for a privacy-hungry superstar like Tiger Woods, she'd look a whole lot like Elin -- low-key, accustomed to celebrity, and, from all appearances on the golf course, totally devoted to her husband's career.

Which is what makes the current questions about her recent behavior -- why did she smash a window in Tiger's Escalade? Is she responsible for his injuries? Why did she change her story to police? -- so challenging. We'd like to think the best of her, but we simply don't know much about her.

CONTINUES: http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/de...rn=golf,205643
Old 12-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #13
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Woods says he let family down

By DOUG FERGUSON, AP Golf Writer
32 minutes ago

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (AP)—Tiger Woods said he let his family down with “transgressions” he regrets “with all of my heart,” and that he will deal with his personal life behind closed doors.

His statement Wednesday follows a cover story in Us Weekly magazine that reports a Los Angeles cocktail waitress claims she had a 31-month affair with the world’s No. 1 golfer.

“I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves,” Woods said on his Web site. “I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.”

Listen to the alleged voicemail from Tiger Woods http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/de...rn=golf,206126
Quote:
"Hey, it's Tiger," Woods says in the voicemail. "I need you to do me a huge favor. Can you please take your name off your phone? My wife went through my phone and may be calling you. So if you can, please take your name off that. Just have it as a number on the voicemail. You got to do this for me. Huge. Quickly. Bye."
Read his full statement
Mystery surrounds Tiger's wife, Elin

Woods did not offer details of any alleged relationship.

“I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart,” he said.

“I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves,” Woods said. “For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology.”

The cocktail waitress, Jaimee Grubbs, told the magazine she met Woods at a Las Vegas nightclub the week after the 2007 Masters—two months before Woods’ wife, Elin, gave birth to their first child. Grubbs claims to have proof in 300 text messages.

CONTINUES: http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/new...v=ap&type=lgns

Last edited by peaceandlove; 12-02-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #14
Jonah
Avalon Senior Member

yah this is turning out to be obvious isn't it... I guess people should think about having multiple partners like many eastern cultures still practice.... why is it so hard for people to be faithful?? If we are "human" when we make such a mistake.... what does that say about "humans"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceandlove View Post
Blessings Jonah,

Here is a article that just popped up on YAHOO this afternoon...

RIGHT ON WaitingintheWings....Rules are for the rulees not the rulers!

Just who is Elin Nordegren Woods, anyway?

By Jay Busbee
Mon Nov 30, 2009

As Tiger Wreck Watch 2009 lurches into its fourth day with little new information, fans and media are combing over every element of this case like symbologists in a Dan Brown thriller. There's brick wall after brick wall in this story, but one of the largest and most well-fortified is this: just who is Elin Nordegren Woods, anyway?

If you were to design the perfect wife for a privacy-hungry superstar like Tiger Woods, she'd look a whole lot like Elin -- low-key, accustomed to celebrity, and, from all appearances on the golf course, totally devoted to her husband's career.

Which is what makes the current questions about her recent behavior -- why did she smash a window in Tiger's Escalade? Is she responsible for his injuries? Why did she change her story to police? -- so challenging. We'd like to think the best of her, but we simply don't know much about her.

CONTINUES: http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/de...rn=golf,205643
Old 12-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #15
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
yah this is turning out to be obvious isn't it... I guess people should think about having multiple partners like many eastern cultures still practice.... why is it so hard for people to be faithful?? If we are "human" when we make such a mistake.... what does that say about "humans"?
Thanks Jonah,

It's mind boggling...

What if we were all PERFECT! Hardy Har Har!!!

But consider what television (programming) and movies and books promote...multiple partners, cheating, sex first...friendship next, casual sex, friends with benefits, and stories about kids sending pictures of personal body parts to each other on their cell phones, etc.

PaL

THIS IS FUNNY...

In my computer dictionary under the word LIE is this:

Noun (usu. the lie)
the way, the direction, the position in which something lies.
GOLF the position in which the golf ball comes to rest, eps. as regards the ease of the next shot

Last edited by peaceandlove; 12-02-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #16
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Here we go now....pandora's box...or media BS?

Tiger Watch: Who's Who?

by Mike Krumboltz
1 hour ago

Call it the crash heard 'round the world. Tiger Woods' car accident has led to many stunning revelations and a lot of rumors that won't go away. The golf legend has made his mea culpa — for the rest of the story and gossip tidbits, people are looking online. Below, we take a look at some of the drama's key players in Yahoo! Search and their rumored roles.

Elin Nordegren
The wife of Tiger Woods has been thrust into the Search spotlight over the past week. While no stranger to gawkers (she was once a model, after all), this level of Search attention has elevated Ms. Nordegren to a whole new level of public scrutiny. Over the past week, Web lookups have soared an astounding 2,832%. Additionally, related Searches on "elin nordegren pictures" spiked to new heights. She has yet to release an official statement on the sordid affair.

Jaimee Grubbs
In Tiger's boilerplate apology statement, he mentions "transgressions" that have let his family down. Though Tiger hasn't named names, Jaimee Grubbs has more than volunteered to explain her part in the troublesome situation. A Los Angeles cocktail waitress and former participant on the VH1 reality show "Tool Academy," Ms. Grubbs claims to have had a lengthy affair with Woods. Additionally, she has gone on record as saying she has pictures and hundreds of risqué text messages from the married golfer. Searches on "jaimee grubbs" and "jaimee grubbs photos" have both shot up from zip into the tens of thousands overnight. Last word: Claims to have had affair.

Rachel Uchitel
In contrast to Ms. Grubbs, Rachel Uchitel has strenuously denied the allegations that she and the world's best golfer have hooked up. Still, that hasn't stopped the Searches. Lookups on "rachel uchitel" and "who is rachel uchitel" have both rocked the Search box, as curious searchers seem unwilling to take her at her word. Time magazine has an interesting article on Ms. Uchitel. The 34-year-old nightclub promoter is reportedly "aggressive" when it comes to meeting celebrities (her mom claims she once dated Derek Jeter and A-Rod). However, in an exclusive interview with the New York Post, Uchitel has denied the allegations of a romance with Woods, even going so far as to offer to take a lie detector test. Last word: Denies affair.

Kalika Moquin
Lastly (or not?), there's Kalika Moquin. A relative newcomer to the Tiger watch, Ms. Moquin was named in Life & Style magazine as having romantic links to Tiger. As soon as that possible connection hit the Web, searches on Moquin roared into breakout status. Though her connection to Tiger is still just a rumor, folks clearly want to know more about her. Life & Style explains that she works as a marketing manager at a Las Vegas nightclub. According to the magazine, when Moquin was asked about an alleged affair, she neither confirmed not denied it, saying, "It's not appropriate for me to comment one way or the other." Last word: No comment.

SOURCE: http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93214?fp=1
Old 12-03-2009, 05:22 AM   #17
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Blessings waitinginthewings,

Here is the picture you requested me to post.

PaL

I will add this joke here as seen posted elsewhere.

Barack Obama is reportedly going to send an additional fighting force of 35,000. But one source says Obama could change his mind and send 20,000 troops plus Tiger Woods' wife.

SOURCE:
http://www.dailycomedy.com/joke/22839
Old 12-03-2009, 05:29 AM   #18
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Tks PaL..............did you notice the golf ball in his ear......poor Tiger......I think he has fallen from grace.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:50 AM   #19
TheObserver
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah, it's just "shocking" that someone with too much testosterone, money and ego would behave this way, now to file this under 'who cares?'.
TheObserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:28 AM   #20
Jonah
Avalon Senior Member

There is something to be said about the way these things get attention...

In the old days in america.... people had a little more respect for personal matters....

As unsuprising as it may be to some.... the spotlight is on infidelity ..... how common is this?? makes people wonder.... well if tiger can do it... why can't I? See honey... it's only human...

disheartening to say the least ...