Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Old 09-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #1
ARE WE THERE YET
Avalon Senior Member

Default Lets kick start membership Numbers!

I have a suggestion to put to everyone.

Not everyone concerned about the ***Lies*** being told, use or have heard of Project Camelot or the Knew Project Avalon. I was a concerned citizen for a long time before I stumbled onto this site. Those of us who are wakeing up fast need our help.
why not go to a local magazine/student mag/local paper that covers alternative information and mention Camelot's web (project avalon)to them to publish. A simple letter to the editor will cost nothing and if the information you give is appropriate to the level of understanding of the readers-you never know.
Also a small add in local newspapers ie, "Concerned about current world events?" + website or "What are they hiding from you?"
Get creative- we want to meet like minded people - but they may have never heard of us and you will never meet these people unless you -we are visible.
ARE WE THERE YET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:06 PM   #2
Kiluminati
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Lets kick start membership Numbers!

I wonder if that wouldn't backfire.
I have been following the the UFO/ET subject and Project Camelot for a few years now and one thing that bothers me (in several ways) is the enormous density and complexity of it all.
In order to draw a logical, rational conclusion from all the cases, witnesses and 'evidence', you have plow through all of that material.
There's not one person, not one website capable of presenting all of the necessary information so the 'interested people' have to rely on dozen's of different people and websites in order to get even a very blurry idea of what's going on.
I'm not saying there isn't any evidence, on the contrary, there's too much of it to just go over to a person and start a five hour conversation and completely _prove_ all your claims to him or her.

On the other side, if you simplify the matters and stick to the claims, you're bound to get a response of ridicule and disbelief.

Now, to get to the point (:

I'm not entirely convinced that and ad or an article provides enough (positive) response (in comparison to the amount of people we need to actually change something) since it will never provide the amount of evidence needed for the man in the street to actually get actively involved with the subject instead of ridiculing it.

But I also think there might be a more practical problem lurking. In order to convince an editor to print something anything related to 'project-camelot-like-subjects', you have to really put some time and effort into providing HIM with all the evidence.

But if you think you can do it, by all means, you've got my full support (:
Kiluminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:15 PM   #3
Mikey5856

Exclamation Re: Lets kick start membership Numbers!

WOW! I am so happy to finally see this project come into reality. I have been a really BIG fan of Project Camelot for so long. I am a member of the Round Table, and I am available to help out on one capacity or another. This site is a revolution in information and awareness, and I for one am willing to pump up the membership numbers. http://projectavalon.net/forum/image...welcomeani.gif
Old 09-06-2008, 11:49 PM   #4
Myplanet2
In The Mists

I see what you're saying Kiluminati, and tend to agree. What we've learned over the recent past, is what we were looking to find out about.

I don't think there is much point in trying to educate people who are not ready to learn what we know. Which doesn't mean we shouldn't put what we know "out there". But just rather that our role is more as a repository of truth and a source of solutions for the chaos on the way.

We could and should make anyone who will listen aware that all is not as it seems, but then it's up to them to either reach for the info or not, and we need to respect their readiness to wake up. Awakening has to be determined by oneself, or it's what I suppose could be called a "rude" awakening.

We'll figure out what our best contributions will be, and much more quickly now that this site and forum are online.

Thanks Bill and Kerry, and any other contributors.

Fritz
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:29 PM   #5
Kiluminati
Avalon Senior Member

One of the first things I read when I was a little boy about UFO's en ET's was a book by some ufologist. The book was packed with the most interesting cases, lots of pictures and interesting historical references. I'm still trying to accomplish the same thing through a web application.
An introductionary guide with pictures, videos and all the interesting stuff the subject has to offer, with links to further research material.
But it's a lot harder than I thought at first The balance between not boring your reader and still provide enough convincing evidence, it's a very thin line. (:
Kiluminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:41 AM   #6
Free-UFO-Videos
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Lets kick start membership Numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiluminati View Post
There's not one person, not one website capable of presenting all of the necessary information so the 'interested people' have to rely on dozen's of different people and websites in order to get even a very blurry idea of what's going on.
An idea of what is going on ... well, the Milky Way Galaxy and the Universe
is teeming with intelligence.

One person 'in the know' said to me, "it's like a jungle out there".

And the "Decide Whether We Should Show Up"
information says...

"Like billions others in this galaxy, we are conscious creatures that some name "extra-terrestrials".

And sounds logical to me, after studying Hubble Site . org

And ........

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/ufocaseshome.asp

Free-UFO-Videos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:33 AM   #7
uniconr
Avalon Senior Member

Default concerned about world events?

i agree that many people are not ready to hear about /entire topics/, nevermind details. when i encounter someone who is very clouded or self defeating in their thinking, or living in fear, or is clearly on a good path but appears confused, i talk about the value of meditation, and how it has been unbelievably helpful to me and to many others. it is a good topic to test the waters of a further discussion, or even just to point someone in the right direction. this is individual interaction though.

simply linking someone to project camelot or other like-minded institutions may only lead to initial and possibly reinforced dismissal of the material. the newspaper ad idea seems plausible if something specific is addressed in the tagline to catch the eyes of people who would be interested. 'concerned about world events?' is ok, anyone not concerned about world events will definitely not be interested in this forum..

the forum is off to a very good start, but certain understanding is prerequisite to navigating it. the project avalon front page is effective in that it centers around concerns tangible and immediate to the mainstream global citizen (financial collapse, russia/georgia) and ETs are only alluded to by the word 'contactee', but im curious about what everybody thinks might be the best 'introduction' to the bulk and density of the ideas and testimony in an archive like the project camelot website.

xo
ccccc
uniconr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:37 AM   #8
Relin
Avalon Senior Member

Holy crap - like last night - Sydney time there was a a total of about 200 users on the forum. I look tonight and there are 2000 currently on.... Great work guys!!!

Relin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
events, idea, kiwi, membership