Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Old 09-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Question Preparing mentally or physically?

So I've been having an interesting discussion with a friend, and I am really beginning to grasp his perspective, and in essence, it's about being one with yourself and overcoming fear, which to many of you is probably nothing at all new.

Anyways, when it comes to 2012 and all the major upcoming events everyone foresees, whatever they may be, I feel there are two paths laid before me at this moment in the most simplistic of notions: To prepare yourself mentally in that you should just go with the flow, see what happens, and do not deviate from your current life structure, as always life will go on, and not to fear tomorrow but to only live within the moment. The other path revolves around this newly established forum with the idea of preparing for upcoming events along the main idea of self sustained communities, which can be related to the same idea as people stocking up in bomb shelters back in the Cold War.

I feel some will probably say you need a balance of the two, because in essence you do need to prepare mentally and physically, but nonetheless, I do have friends who are fully aware of what is happening, but they are not afraid (I'm more afraid for others, but not for myself), and planning on continuing their lives with their same daily routine.

So I hope I got the question across, and was hoping to hear other peoples views toward it? I mean, no one likes a doom sayer, but... But ya. "Hold onto your butts."
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #2
spacemuzic
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Preparing mentally or physically?

I think it is a much better idea to prepare mentally for life rather than physically for survival. To prepare for survival is fear motivated, unless you feel called to that to help the survivors. Life does not end in 2012 it begins a new stage of evolution, a golden age, we will globally be in contact with the forces of nature that are of pinnacle value to the eco-system. Prepare the mind, have no fear and experience the oneness of life that permeates all.

Good journey...
spacemuzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:18 AM   #3
asclepius888
Avalon Senior Member

There are alot of fear tactics on the loose that are purposely aimed at instilling fear and lead you into submission. Go with the flow and as Kerry puts it simply, stay in the "observer mode" and always have some good survival skills on hand.
asclepius888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #4
Jogy
Avalon Senior Member

Well, mentally i'm pretty much as ready as i will ever get but i will get a water purifier, some food and other basic survival stuff for about a month or a little longer. This is not fear based exactly because i'm not fearing death but on the other hand the more of 'us' that survive the better ofcourse. In the paradigm books it is said that the time of chaos will come, period. So preparing for the time of chaos while focussing on the good times beyond is a good thing. Food, water and basic survival gear is just being prepared. Ignoring the possible bad times ahead will not make them go away.
Jogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:04 AM   #5
Invisible Boi

I think a little of both is needed. I agree to be on the alert but also to be ready physically I feel, is just common sense.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:14 AM   #6
truthseekersearching
Avalon Senior Member

Hi GregArturo,

I too have been doing a lot of contimplating on which path to take.

My higher self/guardians/intuition (not quite sure who/what they are,yet) are advising me to go with the flow and be able to move quickly, but avoid the underground alternative. This took quite a bit of soul searching and coming to terms with the possible death of my physical body, which I am ready to embrace.

If I only had to worry about myself the choice would be really easy and I could quickly adapt and move, if necessary.

However, I am not alone. I have a family that I love dearly and want to protect. So now I must come to terms with this dilemma; still working on it.

Peace
truthseekersearching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:25 AM   #7
rustanddust
Avalon Senior Member

agreeing with everyone in the thread...the most important is to be mentally and emotionally ready. just knowing things are going to be happening is a big advantage.

I think being mobile is going to be really important in the future....I can't help but try and prep a little in anticipation of coming events.
rustanddust is offline   Reply With Quote