Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 06-28-2009, 12:53 AM   #1
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default A Love Story

Usually that phrase refers to romantic love, but that’s not what I mean in this thread.

I would just like to propose that we share examples of love being expressed in our personal world, that is in the world of each of us as individuals. True stories. Short accounts of what happened. An image can accompany your story to illustrate what happened.

If you can’t think of a true story… Go ahead and make one up. You can say whether it’s true or fictional. It’s still a love story. I believe we all love a story.

I’ll go first...

I’m a middle child. My younger sister insulted me thoroughly at her college graduation party, when in front of a bunch of people that I didn’t know very well, she announced to everyone, “This is my sister Mary, a middle child… Moment of silence… But as you can see she has kept a smile on her face!”

I wanted to strangle her!! She made me feel like a mental case!!

And this same sister sent me the most condescending email I’ve ever received after I tried to share with my siblings an mp3 related to 9-11 truth. The words “paranoid” and “demons” were used.

Here’s how I cope. I remember when we were young. I used to take care of my younger brother and sister. Our family situation was not a good one. My father was an alcoholic and my mother left us after he stopped drinking! I was a mother to my younger sister. I remember when I went off to college feeling guilty about leaving them. I used to include sticks of chewing gum in letters to them because I felt I needed to send them something.

I remember how I felt about her those many years ago. How it felt to be responsible for her, and how cute she could be at times. She was a tom boy and loved horses. She loved to draw and she was good at it, too. I remember her exuberance. I remember the things I loved about her.

Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: A Love Story

It won't be a long love story but Something happened to me on 24/25 June this year. I do not know whether this was some type of cosmic love energy that reached me or what...It just that I feel so much love inside me like never before, if it lasts longer, soon I'll be "a being of pure love"...( I do not know if this is possible in the long run).
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
It won't be a long love story but Something happened to me on 24/25 June this year. I do not know whether this was some type of cosmic love energy that reached me or what...It just that I feel so much love inside me like never before, if it lasts longer, soon I'll be "a being of pure love"...( I do not know if this is possible in the long run).
Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
day
Retired Avalon Member

Thanks for sharing your story seashore...lots of people go through horrendous verbal and emotional abuse from family-- but like you do they find the answer is love?

Lots of people talk about love but dont know how to receive it...thats the sad reality of it all. Life is not all about having a nice car and home, to me its about love....during my life whenever things got really hard I would turn to Creation/God finding that within Creation all is still well and natural laws heal bless and restore. I would pray that all would find this deep in their heart to know what is important...

I especially liked the part of your story where you would put sitcks of gum in their letters. lol...

Often its this part, the little things, considerate and sweet, that last so long and lovingly in our memories.

I remember going to the pond and listening to all the frogs and watching the stars with my mother, who loved the land with all her spirit
day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by day View Post
Thanks for sharing your story seashore...
Thank you so much for your reply!!

I am very touched by every word of it...
Old 07-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by day View Post
...I remember going to the pond and listening to all the frogs and watching the stars with my mother, who loved the land with all her spirit
I love bodies of water and the sound of the frogs and stars, too!
Old 07-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #7
day
Retired Avalon Member

i love the sound of the water too seashore, like in your name there is the sound of water on the beach, the adventure of finding seashells, a lovely wind blowing and seagulls over head.

Its so wonderful to meet other people who know what is real in life,inspite of what life throws at them, the answer is in the beauty of this world, the reality of our spirit in the face of eternity!

Thanks for starting this thread!
day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #8
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

There have been new members who have joined since this thread was started.

I thought maybe some of them would like to share...
Old 01-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #9
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

Last October, one morning I arose very sick but I managed my moments w/Creator, I asked for there to be someone that I could help today.

I went w/my husband to War Eagle Fair (a huge annual fair, people come from all across the country)... I stood wearily next to a couple who were all decked out in the leather garbs, Harley riders, very attractive couple, middle aged as I am... I overhear her admiring a picture that was about 18"x30" and they were pondering out loud how they might get that home with them on the motorcycle.

So, I piped in that I'd be happy to mail it to them. I said, "you'd just have to trust me"... we laughed, chatted (all the while I"m feeling really sick)... [and it dawned on me that God/Creator had given me this opportunity to help another, I smiled and said, thank you]

turns out, she accepts my offer, pays for the picture, gives me cash to mail it..... I mailed it off the following Monday...

They were just SO tickled pink that I did this for them that she sent me two pairs of earrings just before Christmas that she made by hand (as part of her business), inviting my husband and I to visit them anytime we were in the area, in Texas.

Truly it warmed all our hearts!
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #10
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=Moxie;219845]Last October, one morning I arose very sick but I managed my moments w/Creator, I asked for there to be someone that I could help today.

I went w/my husband to War Eagle Fair (a huge annual fair, people come from all across the country)... I stood wearily next to a couple who were all decked out in the leather garbs, Harley riders, very attractive couple, middle aged as I am... I overhear her admiring a picture that was about 18"x30" and they were pondering out loud how they might get that home with them on the motorcycle.

So, I piped in that I'd be happy to mail it to them. I said, "you'd just have to trust me"... we laughed, chatted (all the while I"m feeling really sick)... [and it dawned on me that God/Creator had given me this opportunity to help another, I smiled and said, thank you]

turns out, she accepts my offer, pays for the picture, gives me cash to mail it..... I mailed it off the following Monday...

They were just SO tickled pink that I did this for them that she sent me two pairs of earrings just before Christmas that she made by hand (as part of her business), inviting my husband and I to visit them anytime we were in the area, in Texas.

Truly it warmed all our hearts![/QUOTE]

and you have warmed ours moxie ... LOVEly story ... thanks for sharing ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #11
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
Last October, one morning I arose very sick but I managed my moments w/Creator, I asked for there to be someone that I could help today.

Truly it warmed all our hearts!
Moxie,

I love this story!

It brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you.