Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 10-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #1
JohnWdoe
Avalon Senior Member

Default A Native Shaman told me if one uses the life force

One will die,

I was told by a close friend and 5th generation Native Shaman that if man uses his life force (magic meditation) he will lose his life force and wither, it is known even the white shamans (healers) seemed to find this fate and that asks many questions which me and my good friend debated.

Is there such a thing as white magic or is it all a variation of black, personally i like to call it grey.

Anyone heard this concept before.

EDIT*

i am in no way trying to make anyone panic for odd reasons, its just an idea or theory given to me by a close friend.
JohnWdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: A Native Shaman told me if one uses the life force

Hi,
First of all there is no such thing as black or white magic!
It is all energy,

what is darkness but light turned insideout! meaning it is the same.

I question with respect the native that said this as this is not their belief system. I also know and have trained with natives of the american and african tribes.

The life force ie:kundilini/chi whichever your preference of name is basicly bio-electricity. We produce this all day long. Hence we eat/sleep to replenish and have more energy in the morning.

I know of very old shamans who have been practicing magic/energy manipulation all their lives, they are as fit as a 30 year old.

I mean this with total respect but the native you talk about probably only said that because they have dicipline when being taught magic and the general white person does not as they learn from dis-informing books and no teacher. This too worries me. I think this is maybe where he was comming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWdoe View Post
One will die,

I was told by a close friend and 5th generation Native Shaman that if man uses his life force (magic meditation) he will lose his life force and wither, it is known even the white shamans (healers) seemed to find this fate and that asks many questions which me and my good friend debated.

Is there such a thing as white magic or is it all a variation of black, personally i like to call it grey.

EDIT*

i am in no way trying to make anyone panic for odd reasons, its just an idea or theory given to me by a close friend.
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:24 PM   #3
Dusty Nothing
Avalon Senior Member

I agree with the post above, the belief in magic really is a belief in a universal energy. Not that these energies cannot be positive or negative though, I once knew an incredible psychic woman, she was incredibley aware of the adversial affects of certain forms of magic, she refused to even use tarot cards.... which I did find rather strange at the time.
Dusty Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:41 PM   #4
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Native Shaman is a relatively ambiguous reference. Native to what?
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:59 PM   #5
crowmirror

Last edited by crowmirror; 10-26-2008 at 06:18 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #6
borrasca2012
Avalon Senior Member

....if u know how to loose...........u know how to get ............
borrasca2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:24 AM   #7
MargueriteBee
Avalon Senior Member

The condition of ones magic mirrors the condition of ones heart vibration. Magic IS, let it flow, tempered by loving wisdom. Be responsible for your thought forms and be gentle with yourself.
MargueriteBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:44 AM   #8
MargueriteBee
Avalon Senior Member

Huh?
MargueriteBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:46 PM   #9
paigetheoracle
Avalon Senior Member

It's not black or white magic but just common sense - if you think of your life force as a balloon then any leak will shrink it to nothing and you are dead as a body i.e. sent elsewhere/ no longer contained in a body.
paigetheoracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:21 PM   #10
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

When I get around to researching "white magic" (let's just call it that for now) I will follow the route of PEAT, using multi-viewpoint processing on everyone and everything (yes, even the wall, if need be) until there are no longer any objections to my intention. This is magic that will not kick back on one and prematurely age them. Always process with clean intentions.

Hope that contributes to the knowledgebase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWdoe View Post
One will die,

EDIT*

Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:36 PM   #11
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

as a practitioner of the use of chi, I can say with confidence that you can never run out of it

in fact it really isn't yours to lose in the first place

you are simply a conduit of already existing energy

I suppose you can burn the body out in a way that would limit your capacity to hold it though

but death? I have never heard of such a thing in my travels

now if you are talking about dark magic in which you "trade" your life force with a menevolent being for something in return (power, riches, fame) then I suppose that is plausible, but that is not the natural order of things and a totally different scenario than just using your own capacity to channel such energies

IMHO magic is practice of using charms, spells, or rituals

it is the intent that defines it as white or dark magic

my two cents
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:45 PM   #12
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

In our "infant" state as beings we simply generated energy as a function of our creations. I have the suspicion, but need to look further, but I have the suspicion that our initial creations did not involve energy as we now know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
as a practitioner of the use of chi, I can say with confidence that you can never run out of it

in fact it really isn't yours to lose in the first place

you are simply a conduit of already existing energy

I suppose you can burn the body out in a way that would limit your capacity to hold it though

but death? I have never heard of such a thing in my travels

now if you are talking about dark magic in which you "trade" your life force with a menevolent being for something in return (power, riches, fame) then I suppose that is plausible, but that is not the natural order of things and a totally different scenario than just using your own capacity to channel such energies

IMHO magic is practice of using charms, spells, or rituals

it is the intent that defines it as white or dark magic

my two cents
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:48 PM   #13
Whitewolf

Let's simplify this for discussion's sake.

"White Magic" = service to others, purity, Goodness, Light, Truth

"Black Magic" = service to the self, manipulation, deception, harm, darkness

"Grey Magic" = service to the self, if in a more roundabout way...it will (IMO) inevitably lead to the "black"

As others have stated, magic is energy put to use. It is inherently neutral when not honed by a practicing "magician" (shaman, medicine person, sorcerer, etc). It's all in *how and why* the energy is used and for what purposes.