Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 08-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
henners
Project Avalon Researcher

Talking The EGO

The EGO,

What is the ego ?

From Wikipedia,

Quote:
In sprituality, and especially nondual, mystical and eastern meditative traditions, the human being is often conceived as being in the illusion of individual existence, and separated from other aspects of creation. This "sense of doership" or sense of individual existence is that part which believes it is the human being, and believes it must fight for itself in the world, is ultimately unaware and unconscious of its own true nature. The ego is often associated with mind and the sense of time, which compulsively thinks in order to be assured of its future existence, rather than simply knowing its own self and the present.
The spiritual goal of many traditions involves the dissolving of the ego, allowing self-knowledge of one's own true nature to become experienced and enacted in the world. This is variously known as Enlightment, Nirvana, Presence, and the "Here and Now".
Eckhart Tolle comments that, to the extent that the ego is present in an individual, that individual is somewhat insane, psychologically, in reference to the ego's nature as compulsively hyper-active and compulsively (and pathologically) self-centered. However, since this is the norm, it goes unrecognised as the source of much that could be classified as insane behavior in everyday life. In South Asian traditions, the state of being trapped in the illusory belief that one is the ego is known as maya or samsara
Ego is your sense of individuality. It is the powerful illusion that exists in us all and creates the appearance of separation from the whole (the Universal Mind or All That Is or God).

Ego's greatest fear is death of itself. Mankind experiences this fear by its own fear of physical death. An atheist probably fears this the most as they have no afterlife to place their ego. They will fight and fear death till the very end. A person who is self realized knows that there is no death.

All that you accumulate is a reflection of your ego. Your car, house, clothing, and even your mate and children are a statement to this. You might wonder at why a child would be a reflection of your ego, but I can't count the times I've heard both men and women say, "I need to have a child to carry on my name." Or more often, to carry on their identity in some form. Adoption is rarely as palatable as a person's own child because it is not theirs, and if they do adopt, they often want it to be like them in terms of ethnicity. Of course, then there are those that have managed their egos and don't care about that and just want to give a good life to a child.

Because ego's greatest fear is its own death, it keeps a fanatical vigilance over its survival. Try and remove your ego, and you will have started a war.
What does ego do for us? Well, one of the things it does is rob us of a life of peace, bliss and wholeness. Ịf we do not understand ego and let it run our lives, then we have bought into separation, division, and duality. In essence, we do not live in wholeness because we want what is "good" but not what is "bad." We don't want ALL of life; we want PART of life! This will guarantee your misery!

Energy simply exists and there is no good and there is no bad, just ego labeling your experiences. As long as we are fighting evil's battle over "good and evil" then we will still be fighting. An example is this when you feel hurt because someone insulted you. This is ego. Feel great with praise? This is ego. A managed ego state (or egoless state) is free from emotional attachment and reaction from the judgment of others. When ego is attacked or hurt, it does what ego does: fights and hurts back for ego is not love, it is separation.

One is when we hate our fellow man. To hate is to separate. And despite the following quote: "But I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you." Matthew 5:44 people go on hating (including the members of every religion on this planet!). If you are truly one with all and see through the illusion of ego, then to hate your neighbor is hating yourself. Rejecting your fellow man is rejecting yourself. Love thy neighbor, and you love yourself.

Another ego fact made evident is the process of limiting. Words are limiting; emotions are limiting for you are blocked and biased. This is why a meditation method is to focus on nothingness because nothingness is really everything-ness. Words limit. As soon as we form a thought, we have limited ourselves. This does not mean don't think or feel, just know that when you do, you are only seeing, feeling, and experiencing part of the whole.
When you run from the whole and chase the parts, you start to create blocks. If I chase good and block bad I start to create a fear that bad will occur. The judgment of bad is again ego's labeling. I'll give you an example of this blocking. As a child grows up, their ego starts to develop. The powerful presence in their life is their parents. If a parent does something (or even the lack of doing something such as giving love) this causes the young person's ego to react, causing pain. This does not feel good so they start to suppress the inward flow of this emotion, or in some instances, they overreact for the rest of their lives resulting in the millions of obsessive compulsive, neurotic, anxious, phobic and suicidal people on this planet! They block their chakras, grow ill and eventually perish.

Accept the illusion of ego by knowing that we all have it as something to deal with and that we chose to take on ego because in one way, it servers a valuable purpose. We chose separation to experience the process of becoming whole again. In other words, if God is All That Is, why did it create the illusion of what it is not? It did it to experience itself through "separation and reunification." But to create something that is not part of All That is, is impossible, so all that we are left with is a series of illusions. So our ego is the illusion of separation so that we can experience the joy of becoming whole again. The misery is when we don't see this illusion and let the illusion dictate our existence.

Once you acknowledge, understand, and accept ego, you can start to manage it, and eventually be free of it. Because ego's greatest fear is the death of itself, we cannot "attack it head on." We have to be more subtle in our approach of ego. It also does no good to suppress it for suppression is not resolution.
How I personally deal with my ego state is to become friends with it. When I feel something that makes my ego react (an insult for example), I allow that feeling to come to the surface (non suppression). I analyze the triggers that then fire off in my brain (adrenaline, fear, etc.) and then I reprogram it with new emotions (love, laughter, and compassion). I allow the initial ego feelings to pass, and then I bring warmth and gratitude to the situation. I either thank the person for giving me this opportunity to grow, or I send them compassion for showing me that they are the pain in me and I am the pain in them. If they attack me, there is hurt in them, if I react, then there is pain in me. Healing is required of us both.
I really try and look at an attacking person as an aspect of me (wholeness). They are merely suffering individuals. This does not require my retribution, but my love. This is very hard to do though as long as ego is present, but it is doable.

Sri Sathya Sai Baba

Quote:
Conceit is thinking you're great; egotism is knowing it.
Any one remember this story?

Narcissus is remembered for having fallen in love with his own reflection.

Ego is the one and only one obstacle to enlightenment
Choose wisely which ones you throw.
henners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The EGO

GREAT timing!!
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

me me me me me me me

and dont forget ME !!!!!!!!!...
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:09 PM   #4
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

The ego is the place one walks either to rejoice in glory or to succumb into pain.
Flip flop , flip flop, flip flop..

Love Always

mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:10 PM   #5
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

This was a great presented read henners : )

Actually it is no wonder we develop big ego because the source of our ego is so Great

God is the source of the ego

Ego is as big as we limit God to the locality of ourselves

With the unfolding of understanding we include and accept more and more til our ego envelops all of Creation and transforms into Christ Consciousness
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
The ego is the place one walks either to rejoice in glory or to succumb into pain.
Flip flop , flip flop, flip flop..

Love Always

mudra
mudra,

I love the way you've said this!
Old 08-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #7
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

What is Ego?

Ego is simply an idea of who you are that you carry around with you.

- Wayne Dyer

The most common ego identifications have to do
with possessions, the work you do, social status and recognition,
knowledge and education, physical appearance,
special abilities, relationships, person and family history,
belief systems, and often also political, nationalistic,
racial, religious, and other collective identifications.

None of these is you.

- Eckhart Tolle

To the ego, the present moment hardly exists.
Only past and future are considered important.
This total reversal of the truth accounts for the fact
that in the ego mode the mind is so dysfunctional.
It is always concerned with keeping the past alive,
because without it - WHO ARE YOU?

- Eckhart Tolle

The ego is just a tool, it only exists in this 3D world.
A tool, nothing more ...
to be used, NOT to be it ...

Love and Blessings

lightbeing
lightbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:00 PM   #8
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbeing View Post
... Eckhart Tolle ...
Wow!
Old 08-22-2009, 03:03 PM   #9
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

"It is important to remember always that the principle of egolessness does not mean that there was an ego in the first place, and the Buddhists did away with it. On the contrary, it means there was never any ego at all to begin with. To realize that is called 'egolessness'."

Sogyal Rinpoche

Love always
mudra
Old 08-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #10
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

What about me?
by Sakyong Mipham

What about me?
That’s my first thought every morning.
What happened to me?
It’s the last thought every night.
Has this gotten me anywhere?
Any more friends? Any more love?
It should. It should have, by now.
In fact, by now I should be a bundle of joy.
Because I say this mantra every day.

What about me? What about me? What about..

In fact, it’s embarassing
I say this mantra all day long.
Like the beating of my heart: What about me?

What about me? What about me? What about..

When I take a shower, I think: “what about me?”
I hope this shower makes me feel happy.
I hope this kiss makes me feel happy.
I hope this lunch makes me happy.
I hope these clothes make me feel happy.
I hope this donut, this cup of coffee,
This new affair, this new job….

What about me? What about me?
What about me? What about me?
What about me?

This new spiritual practice,
This new movie, this new CD
Oh, this new CD will make me happy…

What about me? That’s my first thought every morning.
What about me?
What happens to me? It’s my last thought every night.
Has this gotten me any more love? Any more joy?

This new city. This new country.
This new planet. This new universe makes me happy.

You know what? None of it will make you happy
Unless you do one simple thing:
Change “me” for “you.”
Change “me” for “you.”

Just wake up in the morning, and try something wild.
Just wake up, and not “me.”
Instead, say "you, be happy."
May you be happy.
May you be happy.

What about you?
That’s my first thought every morning.
What happens to you? It’s my last thought every night.
It has given me so much more love. So much more joy.

When I give you a big fat kiss, take a shower,
Make my bed, when I dance,
May make you happy.
When I give you the remote control
May make you happy.
When I sit on a park bench by myself,
When I feel the sun, the breeze,
May make you happy.
When I just look at you, and stare at your eyes.
May make you happy.

And you know what?
When you’re happy, I’m happy.
That’s the formula:
First you, then me.
That’s all happiness is.
It’s just the heart being free.

Love always
mudra
Old 08-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #11
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Ego is the one and only one obstacle to enlightenment

Ego and Social Consciousness

Is it really you?

I am born...I am the son of the Prince of Wales...I'm in line to be the next king of England. Everything around me is rich and posh. I want for nothing. My freedom to go in the public is infringed by cameras and reporters...I was raised to lead a Country. Everything around me reflects who I am...it was my destiny to be a King.

I am born...I am the son of a poor man in South Central Los Angeles....my brother is a gang member...I don't know how to read and write properly...it was not a priority...I'm going to grow up to be a gang member.....it was my destiny to be a gang member.

These are reflections of Social Consciousness..being termed the identity...

It is from others that you get the idea of who you are. They shape your center. This center is false, because you carry your real center. That is nobody's business. Nobody shapes it. You come with it.
You are born with it.

So you have two centers. One center you come with, which is given by existence itself. That is the self. And the other center, which is created by the society, is the ego. It is a false thing - and it is a very great trick. Through the ego the society is controlling you. You have to behave in a certain way, because only then does the society appreciate you. You have to walk in a certain way; you have to laugh in a certain way; you have to follow certain manners, a morality, a code. Only then will the society appreciate you, and if it doesn't, you ego will be shaken. And when the ego is shaken, you don't know where you are, who you are. The others have given you the idea.
That idea is the ego.

Try to understand it as deeply as possible, because this has to be thrown. And unless you throw it you will never be able to attain to the self. Because you are addicted to the center, you cannot move, and you cannot look at the self. And remember, there is going to be an interim period, an interval, when the ego will be shattered, when you will not know who you are, when you will not know where you are going, when all boundaries will melt.
You will simply be confused, a chaos.
Because of this chaos, you are afraid to lose the ego. But it has to be so. One has to pass through the chaos before one attains to the real center.
And if you are daring, the period will be small.

We all have egos...it's getting to the center that counts..to get to the center..to attain the unlimited knowing...or you can forever stay where you believe you must stay with the ego....but it is not the real you...and my ego is not the real me....I am much more..and so are all of you
The ego is plastic..not real..

going to the real center..the self..the true self, everything changes, everything settles again. But now this settling is not done by the society. Now everything becomes a cosmos, not a chaos; a new order arises. But this is no longer the order of the society - it is the very order of existence itself.

It is what Buddha calls Dhamma, Lao Tzu calls Tao, Heraclitus calls Logos , it is unlimited KNOWING. It is not man-made. It is the VERY order of existence itself. Then everything is suddenly beautiful again, and for the first time really beautiful.

The difference is just like the difference between a real flower and a plastic or paper flower. The ego is a plastic flower - dead. It just looks like a flower, it is not a flower. You cannot really call it a flower. Even linguistically to call it a flower is wrong, because a flower is something which flowers. And this plastic thing is just a thing, not a flowering. It is dead. There is no life in it.
You have a flowering center within. That's why Hindus call it a lotus - it is a flowering. They call it the one-thousand-petaled-lotus. One thousand means infinite petals. And it goes on flowering, it never stops, it never dies.

This is not to say..forget who you are..or your current life experience....but to attain and use the unlimited knowledge of who you really are

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...t=15865&page=4

I started this thread with Jake and his Ego...got attacked for spreading "new age disinfo", and having too big an ego...go figure

Last edited by BROOK; 08-22-2009 at 04:23 PM.
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:35 PM   #12
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Great thread

To me this really is the 'heart' of the issue.

We can study all the aliens, conspiracies, new age teachings, religious and spiritual teachings and continue the search for truth endlessly, but as Jesus continually said: you must be reborn to enter the kingdom of heaven (enlightened consciousness) that is at hand here and Now inside of you.

The core issue, the heart of the issue, is that we are not our ego and until we have let the ego die, then we will be trapped in the lower sense of identity and there will be 'weeping and nasshing of teeth' and we will remain in a state of suffering as Gautama Buddha pointed out.

The goal for the spiritual pioneers, those who will lead the way into the Golden age and in all reality 'save the world' is to be reborn into the reality of who we are in the eternal Now, rather than the illusion of who we are in the matrix.

When we give all we have to the higher consciousness within, when we surrender the ego, we are reborn into the higher consciousness within us, the kingdom of heaven within us. It is then we will do the works that Jesus did, only greater works than these we will do.

We will be in this world (in 3d), but not of it (our consciousness will be in 6d, 7d or higher). We will be beyond the illusions of duality.

A key understanding for me, is that the ego is not actually our individuality, rather it is our false sense of individuality.

We do not disappear when the ego is surrendered, we are reborn into the reality of who we are as a being that is in Oneness with the whole, that clearly sees it comes from something bigger (the hiearchy of the infinite), and clearly sees that all life is interconnected rather than separate.

First we give up our false sense of identity based on separation, and then we are reborn into the reality that we are interconnected, we are all One, we are individualization's of the infinite, co-creators with it.

When you have overcome your ego and I have overcome mine, we will clearly see we are connected, but you will still be you and I will still be me. We will be in Oneness and together we will be More, but the "I" remains in both of us.

We will no longer focus on figuring out who we are, because we will be in a state of constant transcendence, of constantly becoming More. We will no longer be trapped in the illusion of time, we will be in the Now. We will no longer focus on comparing ourselves to others, we will instead focus on shining our light on others. We will no longer focus on seeking outside of ourselves, we will be focused on creating from within ourselves.

We will be the body of God below.

To transmute the ego, I believe one great approach is simply to observe it. When you 'catch it' through observation, you realize that YOU are the observer, not the thinker, not the rambling voice in the head, not the story and with the simple act of observing it, you transmute it... until one day, the hot air balloon that the ego is, pops and fizzles and you are left with the real, pure, infinite spiritual being that you truly are.

Last edited by 14 Chakras; 08-22-2009 at 07:38 PM.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #13
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

You friends certainly understood how to leave the light on when leaving a room

Love always
mudra
Old 08-22-2009, 10:10 PM   #14
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

I havent read all the posts here, but I will comment anyway! Your Ego is fine and a necessary part of our human sojourn. The trouble is when it is disconnected from the guiding force of our Spirit, our God Within, then it becomes 'altered' 'self-serving' 'tyrannical'. Connected and in-tune to the God Force, it is our means of interacting on the earthplane.

Love and Light

Carmen
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:27 AM   #15
Barcarolle
Retired Avalon Member

Great Vids Henners, superb ...... even with this information some just still dont get it
Barcarolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:17 AM   #16
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

The subject of EGO is a very tricky and contradictory subject.

We are supposed to believe in ourselves...recognize that we are genetic royalty...and that divinity is within all of humanity. Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. We are told to have self-esteem. But then we are told to be EGO-less. We are told to be non-competitive. Some say we were created by snakes. Some say we are ruled by snakes.

My solution is to combine opposites...to be proud and humble...simultaneously. We should seek the elevation of all of humanity...rather than the exaltation of our individual selves by selling out our brothers and sisters. Another way to say this is 'Stand Tall...and Lift'.

We don't need to grovel before God...but we do need to Reverence Life.

Namaste.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:15 PM   #17
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Essence

When you sacrifice your essence to devotion of reputation, credibility, name or ambition, worldly wealth, pleasures of gain and control, security of owning and possessing, you lose your fundamental being. With your attention outside yourself you will never discover your essence.

If you spend your time longing for things you don’t have, you are likely to miss the treasure you carry.

When you create space, become still, and allow yourself to feel you take the first steps in releasing attachment to those yearnings, which have nothing to do with knowing who you are. Living with emptiness creates space for Spirit to enter.

Alisa

Love always
mudra
Old 08-23-2009, 05:25 PM   #18
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

All of Life is in Polarity

By Alisa Battaglia

All of life is in polarity-that is, in relationship to its opposite or polar energy and our level of connectivity in relation to it. For instance, our relationship in opposition to the social structures set into place. The disconnection or division comes from having to labor our living at the expense of our creative soul urge. We tend to think that life demands that we work and pay taxes for our keep and yet this causes a drain on our life force creating exhaustion, dis-ease and aberrations. The balance, of course, between the two polarities would be to find right livelihood…in so many terms, to "Live our Bliss."
The second opposition that we struggle with is our relationship to our environment. With the first opposition in concretization there is little time for connection with nature outside office buildings. In cars we come and go to the workplace, the mall, grocery stores and so on. We pass by what is left of nature around us. We are disconnected because there is no real connection to the environment. This lack of connectivity to nature causes us to disengage from vital life preserving forces that through connection would align us by default to the greater rhythm. Harmonizing with nature whether by walking through a park, gardening, or even honoring the moons monthly cycles puts us in touch with the greater rhythm that has become so elusive in our busy lives.

The polarity continues as we move within because what we see that is not right in society is actually a reflection of the collective mindset in a particular area. This points us in the direction of looking at that which is not right within us. Inner conflict runs between extremes. On one end of the polarity spectrum there is total withdrawal expressed as narcissism in the personality complex. The narcissistic defense mechanism is one that detaches emotions from intimate forms of connectivity with a need to control life, people and circumstances. Functioning from the head the focus is most often on material gain or position while the emotions are withdrawn from the needs of self and others. Sensitivity and inner sight of the authentic nature is lost and life is superficial and myopic. However, for every control freak there is a counterpart to play out the role of victimhood or supplicant. This is best expressed in the co-dependent and addict whose intense emotional grasping to things, people and circumstances causes them to lose sight of their deepest needs and desires as a human being. Again with the focus powered onto the object of ones attention-things, people, drugs and alcohol, money and gambling, clothes and glamour, thoughts, and so on, the fulfillment of the immediate need causes the mind to skim only the surface of self, others and life. Both expressions, one overly mental and one emotional, produce disjointed human beings. When time is not taken to examine what is right and not right within us, we live miserable, lonely and loveless lives. Passion for life's gifts, mysteries or energy to investigate them is lost, as life energy is disconnected from the Kosmos, nature and self...and slowly the spirit within is asphyxiated from lack of connection to the wellspring of life. The spirit within is the nexus of our existence-it is the force that animates our body, the Promethian Spark that gives life and substance to an otherwise lifeless body.

The next polarity and perhaps the most vital, as it moves to the very core of our existence is between the human being in relation to spirit-the polarity between resistance to living our inner light and fully embracing our divinity. The question is "Who are you in relationship to this borrowed body whose name you call yourself?" "Are you the body or the dweller within the body?" This apparent disconnection to the source of our being is the very peril that binds us from liberation. Our mental constraints take the lead setting parameters when the soul is timeless and without human boundary. The soul's limitless space reflects the potential of our human capacity. Our connection to the source of our divinity is the stuff that all of life is made of. In this space or void, the boundary less fairway of existence is the opposite spectrum of our human struggle-the brain that divides, bifurcates, separates and sections off with an attachment to ways of perceiving and living. Finally, the polarity of the soul in relation to spirit-between the souls urge to immerse back into Sources spiraling well of energy as One Life or attachment to the souls sheath.

In all these levels of connectivity and separateness are layers and layers of differentiation between them. The balance point always meets at the neutral middle....the center path of heart where there is acceptance in the reflection of the other. It is the point of light within us that is wise, creative, joyful and loving. This sacred point of light that is the true self within is the initiator between extremes, the conjoiner of opposites-the multitude of polarities that exists on this plane. When we arise from the heart of neutrality, the true center of reality we act as the center point between Heaven and Earth.

Love always
mudra
Old 08-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #19
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Speaking of polarities...maybe it will sound stupid, but how can we avoid polarity if we live in the place where we have two Poles, North Pole and South Pole. it looks like we are almost sentenced to such life...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:37 PM   #20
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
Speaking of polarities...maybe it will sound stupid, but how can we avoid polarity if we live in the place where we have two Poles, North Pole and South Pole. it looks like we are almost sentenced to such life...

Life must be seen from the angle of the soul, not from the world.
Soul/heart sees no polarities.

Love always
mudra
Old 08-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #21
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
Life must be seen from the angle of the soul, not from the world.
Soul/heart sees no polarities.

Love always
mudra
so i guess it is another obstacle on our way that must be conquered....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:47 PM   #22
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

The key aspect of regeneration is that of dissolving the myths of scarcity and separateness that have for ages numbed the collective heart and stupefied the mind, leaving ego in control. To do this enables the heart to resume its proper function as soul-guide and lover, with mind and ego delighting to assume their valid roles as useful tools for spiritual evolution.

My vision for a family of man at peace with itself is based on the natural inclinations we all have for sharing, co-operating, and commingling with those we love. Embracing the realization of unity allows love for all others to blossom in our hearts, and when fear of scarcity is relinquished, sharing becomes a way of life. In that atmosphere life-enhancing systems of harmonious relationships evolve naturally. The turning point for each one of us is heartfelt gratitude for all that is, and willingness to accept all people as precious family members, valuing them as they are without prejudice or judgment. There are three simple steps that can lift each of us into the joyous atmosphere of freedom.

The first is willingness to Let Go of the self-righteous views of separateness.
The second is Appreciation and Thankfulness for all things.
The third is patient Trust in the process.

In my view, the chaotic conditions in the world today are similar to the dissolution and rearrangement that takes place in a cocoon while in the process of metamorphosis from caterpillar to butterfly, and it is well underway.

Paul Le baron

Love always
mudra
Old 08-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #23
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
so i guess it is another obstacle on our way that must be conquered....

No actually there is no actual obstacle to be conquered . This is what has to be realized

Love always
mudra
Old 08-23-2009, 07:30 PM   #24
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

xxx

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 09-14-2009 at 06:23 PM.
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:35 PM   #25
metaw3
Avalon Senior Member

I haven't had time to read all the posts. I read OP and watched carefully the vids presented. They are great and thank you henners. I wanted to post a reply and I catched Carmen's post just before hitting reply. I agree with Carmen and it's exactly the point I wanted to make. Here's a vid making that point:
Quote:
Louix Dor Dempriey explains the true nature and function of the ego while debunking the generally-accepted notion that the ego needs to be destroyed. You will receive practical tools to help transform the distorted ego personality into one of unconditional love (otherwise known as "re-parenting" the ego), and learn what it means to be a "warrior" for self-purification as the means to restoring ones inherent divinity.
I don't know the story of the guy talking in the vid, but he tells it better than I would so I share it with you.
metaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote