Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 11-11-2008, 06:41 AM   #1
droid56
Avalon Senior Member

Default Read this fast.

I notice yet another thread I started has vanished into thin air. This is not the first time for me.

The thread involved the idea that the summation of Avalon's purpose was mostly not being followed by posters because maybe others like me are not ready to be serious about gaining knowledge about "safe places", etc. until we become confident that this knowledge is actually necessary.

The thread disappeared, like magic.

Earlier, a thread I started involved the moral decision as to whether one should be willing to use guns in a defensive manner after the SHTF. Also gone.

Speaking of gone, that is what I am, after i type the final period of this post.

Read this fast, because this post will undoubtedly disappear not long after I do.

Bye, and good luck.
droid56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:07 AM   #2
RSF
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Read this fast.

Hi there,
Certainly Moderators will sensor, relocate and delete posts felt inappropriate to this site. In doing any of the above, seems to me they will let the effected Member know what action was taken and why. As well as send out a clear warning to a member offending PA/PC standards I would think?

I'd suppose know one wants their thread or post removed but most of all not being told why. I've not seen any of my posts evaporate here as yet. I generally don't follow my posts anyway. But that's just me.

RSF
RSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:13 AM   #3
Ampgod
Avalon Senior Member

I tested out how they deal with questionable posts last night.

So I can say they handled it with class.

Mods are doing a fine job. Thank you.
Ampgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:25 AM   #4
norman
Avalon Senior Member

The patriot act and other new legislation makes posts about virtual open warfare on the PTB (and even on each other in a total breakdown situation) a very 'sensitive' matter.

The mods have to try to keep this forum out of harm's way.

If this thread doesn't quickly evolve into a sensible discussion about the issue you raise it will be no great loss if it disappears. (no disrespect to you in saying that)

On a broader note. Simply having a 'group' dedicated to 'getting of the grid' could be seen as a subversive organisation by some people and the situation needs to kept under constant revue, in my opinion.
norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:17 AM   #5
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Droid.

There are no records of any such post being posted. Its likely that although you thought you posted it, it didnt send.

If you posted it succesfully there would be a record of it.

Try again, and this time hit the 'post' button
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:28 AM   #6
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid56 View Post
I notice yet another thread I started has vanished into thin air. This is not the first time for me.

The thread involved the idea that the summation of Avalon's purpose was mostly not being followed by posters because maybe others like me are not ready to be serious about gaining knowledge about "safe places", etc. until we become confident that this knowledge is actually necessary.

The thread disappeared, like magic.

Earlier, a thread I started involved the moral decision as to whether one should be willing to use guns in a defensive manner after the SHTF. Also gone.

Speaking of gone, that is what I am, after i type the final period of this post.

Read this fast, because this post will undoubtedly disappear not long after I do.

Bye, and good luck.
Is this a wind up?

I can see all the posts you ever posted, including the moved ones and any edit you ever made! I see no posting on guns.

The only way this can happen is if it was hard deleted, or was itself in a thread where the original post was deleted.

Since we took hard-delete away from all the moderators, only the administrators can do that now, and they are too busy keeping the engine running to do moderation (unless we ask them to).

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:38 AM   #7
norman
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post

I can see all the posts you ever posted, including the moved ones and any edit you ever made! A..

WHAW !
norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:06 PM   #8
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Some of Droid56's posts are not visible to non-moderator members as they are in threads that are in the review section, and thus visible only to moderators.

Please be patient, the moderators posted a notice yesterday that a clean up was being done and it would take several days to get it all sorted out.

So yes, Droid you have made some posts you can't see right now, but they are not deleted.

Hope this helps,
Karen
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:30 PM   #9
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member

First of all we already know the answer to this question, so ironically this thread can be deleted. As far as guns and gun powder, are concerned it will be part of the play when the SHTF. I believe most of us here already know the things to know, and it is not or MISSION or job to glamorize it nor discuss it on the WWW. All we need to do, is meet here, and reinforce what it is we have been informed of by whatever unnatural force or natural force it is trying to instinctively give us such a intuitive fortitude.. Our job right now is to try to prevent what it is we are feeling, not inspire people to conjoin their conceptual idea's in how their futures all seem the same, nor transparently try to benign the drifts that are occurring now. We must strive to not let this reality fail. Yet accept the fact of it if it does, we do not need to try to sensationalize a trauma in mankind that will create the equivalent of a black hole in our history, or future. The first goal is to try to prevent This, from happening.. Not by trying to immaturely force this to occur. It will not work in this so..

PEACE
Xhaosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #10
KassandraLoves
Avalon Senior Member

Well, I for one am Thankful for the Mods doing the jillions of tasks this forum must require to be maintained.

Ive posted in threads that have been deleted, but you know what? I dont really care. This place not only needs to be preserved as a meeting place for us, but also needs to be CLEANED UP. So it doesnt get sluggish due to the sheer volume of threads. If one isnt as pertinent in our "battles" then Id surely delete it if there were other more pressing matters. Wouldnt you?

Being a MOD is a hard job already Id imagine, lets not make it any harder on them. Especially when you think they are trying to censor you. Im sure that not ONE of them has that in mind.

Be well. Love and light to all!!
KassandraLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:54 PM   #11
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KassandraLoves View Post
OOPS!!! My Kundalini is showing!
~KassandraLoves
The modS here are doing a gr8 job...
as, for the Showing kundalini that iS riSing ...
yeS...yeS...yeS
brightest blessings
SuSan,
the eXchanger
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:55 AM   #12
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Geez, I read it as fast as I could!, how much faster do you want? O.K. I'll try one more time...................nope, that's it sorry, I gave it my best shot.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:15 AM   #13
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

lol,

so many people worried that their precious posts are deleted, and make a huge deal about it, ...

and half the time the post is only moved .. and they still call some kind of conspiracy,
sorry for sayin it like that, but they are moderators, moving and deleting things that need to be moved or deleted is in the "job description". lol

dang, most of these posts that people whine about getting deleted, are really not even that important, yet they make a big fuss about it and call ""conspiracy!!!""."" they are censoring us!!"

c'mon, really....... it gets old.
chillax , stop causin unnecessary poo ...
it takes away from the goodness and turns ppl away.
the whole idea of '"cleaning up the site"' and different rules is to clean it up,
not keep adding more and more irrelevance and problems. .
peace

Last edited by Orion11; 11-12-2008 at 02:17 AM.
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:58 AM   #14
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

oh look, this post is still here!

see, we coulda waited til today to read it. lol
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:00 AM   #15
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

HaHaHa, Doh!!!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:21 AM   #16
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman View Post
WHAW !
Don't be so shocked Norman...

Perhaps this will explain what is happening to the threads...

Posted by Carol

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

If your thread is Avalon related it stays up on Avalon General. All the good-by, so-long, psyops, Obama threads... anything that is not in alignment with the guidelines on this forum is being moved to THE REVIEW AREA.

Avalon General Discussion topics are to be on the following: Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7124

THE REVIEW AREA

An area only the mods can see... so while it is moved to there... it is effectively 'deleted' from main forum view... until they decide what to do with it.

Hope that clears up some misunderstanding
Old 11-13-2008, 03:29 AM   #17
John aka#404
Avalon Senior Member

I found a thread mixed in my laundry yesterday........ oh wait... sorry, wrong forum.

[MOD HAT OFF... and just trying to add some smiles to everybody]
John aka#404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:34 AM   #18
zorgon

Smiles are not always good...

Used car salesmen smile all the time...

I rest my case
Old 11-13-2008, 04:03 AM   #19
bennycog
Avalon Senior Member

just a thankyou to the mods... and most of them have been here from the start. and have seen avalon develope. they know where posts have to be moved and know what our goal is.... they will not change it...
bennycog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:08 AM   #20
Baggywrinkle

This thread is under arrest.

It shall be removed to the guantanamo holding area, waterboarded, and interrogated.

There is nothing to see here, move along...
Old 11-13-2008, 04:17 AM   #21
raoulduke666
Avalon Senior Member

Don't feel left out. I had a similar thread about guns being used as a tool for defense about a month ago and because it had the word "gun" in it, it was deemed inappropriate and violence was something that Avalon didn't support. And apparently, protection for one's family wasn't either
raoulduke666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:24 AM   #22
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

LOLOL

Baggywrinkle that was really funny!
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:30 AM   #23
Ace of Hearts
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Is this a wind up?

I can see all the posts you ever posted, including the moved ones and any edit you ever made! I see no posting on guns.

The only way this can happen is if it was hard deleted, or was itself in a thread where the original post was deleted.

Since we took hard-delete away from all the moderators, only the administrators can do that now, and they are too busy keeping the engine running to do moderation (unless we ask them to).

A..

Hey Anchor, I don't mean to spill more gas on the fire but there is one of my post that has also disapeared. The post was " A request to Bill & kerry to go on record with Video". The post also is no longer under my user name where we can normally view and follow our posts?

I believe the post was removed when the mod have made a clean up sometime last week.

I think it would only be fair to all that the poster be warned before any action to delete is done.

Ace of Hearts
Ace of Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:34 AM   #24
shybastid
Avalon Senior Member

Good post.......However.. I too asked where..
Ya know what?
SOME Ground Crew members are'nt sensationalizing what their doing.
"Low Profile?" Nah 'Under the Radar" Nah

Just letting some people know when a meeting might be taking place.

Good people too.

North Coast.
East Coast.
West Coast.
New Coast.

<<<---hates whiners..has kids for that..get it done
shybastid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:59 AM   #25
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggywrinkle View Post
This thread is under arrest.

It shall be removed to the guantanamo holding area, waterboarded, and interrogated.

There is nothing to see here, move along...
I can't read fast anymore... my eyes are melting

Going through the guantanamo holding area is almost as bad and being locked in the dungeons at Hogwarts expecting dementors to come swooping down to suck the happiness out of the viewer.

I would like to add that if anyone has a special thread they would see back up sooner then later all they have to do is PM me and I will give that thread top priority as I already have when other members asked for a thread to be returned.