Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Old 09-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #1
BPhill

Smile Africa

I have been following certain parts of the 'alternative media' for some time now, including Project Camelot pretty much from its inception amongst many others. The perspective of the whole situation from here, Namibia...and Africa in general...not the Africa you guys see in the news but AFRIKA, is I guess the same but also a unique(as all others are) one. I have always found it odd how Africa in its modern and present sense, as opposed to being invoked in discussions of prehistory and archeology, doesn't seem to exist at all within philosophies and views espoused by the so called 'alternative' community. Not to say that this is a negative thing as I like to think that we do pretty well when it comes to staying out of the way of things.

There are always islands of tranquility on this earth even as the most horrifying things are occuring...there are ALWAYS places where things move on pretty much unperturbed by outside happenings. I believe I reside in such a place...there is something about Namibia....

I implore those who might be inclined to listen to maybe take a look at the 'DARK CONTINENT' (HAHAHAHAHA that's such an insider joke for us) without the help of your obnoxious media...google it, you might just find a place you resonate with.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:32 PM   #2
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year
Default Re: Africa

hi BP... well i certainly will take a look....namibia was put on the world stage when the jollie-pitt clan had their baby there....and some wonderful images of the landscape...thankyou for reminding us how beautiful an oasis it is...will go google it now!
look forward to your contributions here ..
peace love n light ( or dark..or yellow, ..lol !!!!) whatever... its great to see so many people from all over the globe coming together here!
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:23 PM   #3
Undooz
Avalon Senior Member

Heya BPhill,

Ah yes, how soon so many forget Mother Afrika!

Thanks for sharing the brilliant observation as well as sharing your
own sense of resonation with Namibia.

Just the other day I was thinking about how prudent it would be to track
back through half my lineage on said continent. Perhaps someday I could translate
that genetic connection into a new, safe, and happy home.

Bests.

P.S. - Ha! When I googled 'Dark Continent' as you suggested,
the first result was an npr story on whether they should have apologized
for having used the term in a report. Seems it's still a hot topic 'round these parts.
Undooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
BPhill

Thanx for the welcome guys, Africa has got alot to offer in terms of creating communities if one looks with a discerning eye. I've got the eye...just need a little help and time with the creation part though (lol).

I stress that Africa is a VERY large place which is mercilessly homogenized by crap authors, shameless journalists and just plain dumb ol' stereotyping. The potential for the creation of communities is sorely underated, not just because of some relatively stable places as far as 'geo-etheric' forces go but also because of THE PEOPLE.

Take some time out, go have a look. Feel it.

Anyhow let me get off the advertising saddle, thanks again I hope to make many intersting new friends.

Peace, Love and Light.

Adonai
Old 09-09-2008, 02:02 PM   #5
galaxygirl
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhill View Post
I have been following certain parts of the 'alternative media' for some time now, including Project Camelot pretty much from its inception amongst many others. The perspective of the whole situation from here, Namibia...and Africa in general...not the Africa you guys see in the news but AFRIKA, is I guess the same but also a unique(as all others are) one. I have always found it odd how Africa in its modern and present sense, as opposed to being invoked in discussions of prehistory and archeology, doesn't seem to exist at all within philosophies and views espoused by the so called 'alternative' community. Not to say that this is a negative thing as I like to think that we do pretty well when it comes to staying out of the way of things.

There are always islands of tranquility on this earth even as the most horrifying things are occuring...there are ALWAYS places where things move on pretty much unperturbed by outside happenings. I believe I reside in such a place...there is something about Namibia....

I implore those who might be inclined to listen to maybe take a look at the 'DARK CONTINENT' (HAHAHAHAHA that's such an insider joke for us) without the help of your obnoxious media...google it, you might just find a place you resonate with.

What a wonderful post!

I live in the US but was always curious about how other countries (Africa being one) REALLY felt and looked other that what was portrayed by the western media. I was happily surprised when I made the effort to try and find the cultural beauty of each place. I have always resonated with indigenous African music (my favorite is Kenyan musician Ayub Ogada). How lucky you are to live in Namibia with its grandeur of natural beauty!
I too resonate with where I live. I believe I live in an area that has a high vibration and a sense of protection. I wouldnt want to be anywhere else at this time.

So the warmest of greetings from Virginia to Namibia!
galaxygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #6
BPhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxygirl View Post
What a wonderful post!

I live in the US but was always curious about how other countries (Africa being one) REALLY felt and looked other that what was portrayed by the western media. I was happily surprised when I made the effort to try and find the cultural beauty of each place. I have always resonated with indigenous African music (my favorite is Kenyan musician Ayub Ogada). How lucky you are to live in Namibia with its grandeur of natural beauty!
I too resonate with where I live. I believe I live in an area that has a high vibration and a sense of protection. I wouldnt want to be anywhere else at this time.

So the warmest of greetings from Virginia to Namibia!
Glad you can connect with Africa, it is a vast CONTINENT (just to correct your typo), with vastly diffrent cultures and peoples inhabiting it...Namibia is a small peck on the map with just over 2.4million people but about 3 1/2 times larger than France.... there are places here you wouldn't believe are on Earth.

I'm a big fan of the popular and Hip Hop musical talent that has sprung up from VA so I guess we have a thing in common...well besides being 'kooks' on Avalon(rofl).

So I reciprocate you greeting though I'm sure mine will be warmer in thermostat context (lol), I am looking forward to contributing to something special.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:15 AM   #7
African Hut
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=BPhill;1414]
I was listening to "Morning Live" on SABC with half an ear (always listen to SABC with quarter to half of an ear..) and briefly caught a discussion on CERN South Africa this morning. A site address was mentioned but I can't find it. Anyone with any more info about a current event in SA - taking place today??

This is another collection of links conCERNing CERN (not all from Africa) :

CERN

* Africas Development Goals - CERN (doc from summit)
* CERN info
* CERN Public Gallery
* Death of Free Internet (?)
* Denial of Service Attack defined
* Internet2
* Large Hadron Collider info
* Large Hadron Collider Safety Facts
* Scientific Blogging
* Shaping the Future of Physics in South Africa
* UCT-CERN South Africa
* Working for CERN
African Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:20 PM   #8
BPhill

Had no idea anyone in SA was doing high speed particle research, will definately follow up.
Glad to see a fellow African! Welcome!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:27 PM   #9
BPhill

http://hep.phy.uct.ac.za/