Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 11-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Default Enough happy talk....another point of view

Somthing to think about.

Enough Happy Talk
By Martha Ireland
From thomaspainescorner
8-1-9

A recent article, "Happiness Consultants Won't Stop A Depression" by Chris Hedges really hit home for me.

I live with a man who wants to believe that if you put a "positive" spin on something, that something will magically become truly positive.

This sort of crazy culturally induced wishful, magical, narcissistic, childish, cowardly thinking and intellectual, psychological & spiritual laziness makes me absolutely insane.

Hey * it's self-benefiting reciprocity all over again * meaning that I won't call you on your lies if you won't call me on mine.......contd/...................

http://civillibertarian.blogspot.com/

Martha Ireland is an entrepreneur, author, poet, educator, public speaker, organizational and social theorist, human performance and business consultant, futurist, and social architect. She lives in the Pacific Northwest.

Last edited by waitinginthewings; 11-05-2009 at 04:55 AM.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Enough happy talk....another point of view

I think it depends on the degree of negativity. much of it is totally uncalled for.

I experienced enough negativity in my youth and choose not to anymore. I figure it was there in my early years to learn from because I wouldn’t recognize the positives without knowing the negatives. With that said, most of the negativity I’ve seen as an adult is caused by ignorance and plain evil…just dark souls trying to justify their love for negativity.

There is nothing in my life negative but the Newspapers, TV, radio and a few knuckleheads in the neighborhood. I have the choice to indulge in it or not. Tricknology makes negativity acceptable. I can easily imagine a place where everyone and thing is respectful and loving to each other. Life is easy; I don’t know why humans love making it difficult. There’s enough room and resources on this planet to share, feed and house everyone. The feeling of greed and ego is the way of the child seeking attention and recognition by belittling others. These actions probably stem from neglect and un-learned lessons in childhood.

In my book, as an adult, you know better and there’s no excuse for it…this is not how mature responsible adults / humans / the awaken represent divinity. It’s your choice to absorb the good or the bad when you are in the know (an adult). The images you see in your immediate interacting life are projected by you and no one else. Righteousness is an exercise and many are just not motivated enough to get fit for life. There are just too many followers and too many wannabe leaders… with little hearts. You can either learn from other people examples or be the example. Free will, your choice, it exist, but you choose….don’t let someone else do it for you.

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #3
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Hmm very interesting point of view to ponder..

i know that when i am , feeling the darkness creeping in... the only thing that makes it go away, is love... even if at the moment love is the furthest from my mine...feeling loved is important...

it can be forced...but not faked...

i am not sure if that makes sense or not...

when i don't feel my best....i will sometimes go the extra mile...do my hair...put on new clothes....some make up...and you know...i kinda feel better by the end of the day...
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #4
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

I think that Martha Ireland has written a good essay.

I have heard The Secret satirically referred to as "God's vending machine." I think this is apt.

Happy talk is just talk.

Maturity is facing reality and finding joy in the expression of your unique contribution toward making that reality better for yourself and the rest of humanity.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:01 PM   #5
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Maturity is facing reality...Hmmmm

i have a hard time swallowing that...reality isnt all its cracked up to be lately...

does that mean i am immature?

or perhaps naive...

i truly believe in the power of the mind...
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:50 PM   #6
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celine View Post
i truly believe in the power of the mind...[/COLOR]
The mind is very involved in facing reality. So is it in making reality better for us all. Herein lies the joy.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:34 PM   #7
bellsisland
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
Somthing to think about.
Enough Happy Talk By Martha Ireland From thomaspainescorner 8-1-9

A recent article, "Happiness Consultants Won't Stop A Depression" by Chris Hedges really hit home for me.

I live with a man who wants to believe that if you put a "positive" spin on something, that something will magically become truly positive.

This sort of crazy culturally induced wishful, magical, narcissistic, childish, cowardly thinking and intellectual, psychological & spiritual laziness makes me absolutely insane.

Moderator note: Please help out and shorten long quotes. The little arrow at the top links to the full quote.

http://civillibertarian.blogspot.com/
Martha Ireland is an entrepreneur, author, poet, educator, public speaker, organizational and social theorist, human performance and business consultant, futurist, and social architect. She lives in the Pacific Northwest.
Have you ever witnessed your mans' positive spin actually producing the desired results? If not, perhaps you need to change your perception. This thinking is not cowardly. Do you have an imagination? So judge-mental of you Lying dog craziness? I do not think you are in touch with with the core of America at all.
I will not be viewing your presentation because you seem all bent out of shape.
Architect stay out of my house. I love the USA and our constitution. Where is your glory?

Last edited by Karen; 11-05-2009 at 12:02 AM.
bellsisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:10 AM   #8
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

As the famous Dutch soccerplayer Johan Cruijff once said:
"Elk nadeel hep z'n voordeel.", meaning
"In every disadvantage you'll find an advantage."
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #9
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellsisland View Post
Have you ever witnessed your mans' positive spin actually producing the desired results? If not, perhaps you need to change your perception. This thinking is not cowardly. Do you have an imagination? So judge-mental of you Lying dog craziness? I do not think you are in touch with with the core of America at all.
I will not be viewing your presentation because you seem all bent out of shape.
Architect stay out of my house. I love the USA and our constitution. Where is your glory?

Looks like someone did not understand this article (which btw I did not write). It is another point of view, unless of course we are developing a hive mind, ie. we must all think the same, otherwise it is censored!

Why the yellow notation on my post, to shorten it. It was not particularly long to begin with. What about all the other long posts in the last 2 days.....where's the mods yellow notes on those ones. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....me thinks some mod got a bee in the bonnet about this article.

I have written to the mods to remove the yellow notation, after I cut the text in half, but there has been no response. So now, I have to bring up the issue here. Too bad. See bellsisland's post, with the article & yellow note.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote