Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

View Poll Results: How old/what sex are you?
Under 20 Male 11 3.75%
Under 20 Femaie 2 0.68%
21 - 39 Male 129 44.03%
21 - 39 Female 32 10.92%
40 - 65 Male 71 24.23%
40 - 65 Female 46 15.70%
65+ Male 1 0.34%
65+ Female 1 0.34%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #26
Shellie
Banned

Default Re: How old are we?

Is this really relevant? I am sure most of us have at least one significant other, family member or friend they will bring along. A lot of men bringing along their wives/girlfriends will help balance the sexes.
Shellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:36 PM   #27
MyShadow
Avalon Senior Member

I am eternal.

So are you.
MyShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:21 AM   #28
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post

Silence is the greatest weapon on earth...
:-)

I wield <WHISPERMODE>Whispering</WISPERMODE> very well..

I have rounded the sun approx. 48 times, but I have no idea how old I really am, since I only started counting like everyone else, the moment I was educated in the way to count...

Nowadays age and time don't mean anything to me anymore, I use it for the ease of my surroundings, since they seem to need it. But it is all kinda backward.. I see people aged 65 that act like they are 18 and 18 year olds that act like they are 65.
I for me am just falling upward in the time dimension, and downward in the space dimensions.. A 4 dimensional rabbit hole. And I meet some interesting minds during my fall... ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQXQb...eature=related
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:27 AM   #29
Kahunamahalo
Avalon Senior Member

I'm as old as my tongue and a bit older than my teeth...
Kahunamahalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:44 AM   #30
PK47
Avalon Senior Member

19 male
PK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:09 AM   #31
lightworkers
Avalon Senior Member

interesting...

2 females
brunette: 23
black: 37
lightworkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:22 AM   #32
Theresa
Avalon Senior Member

I'm surprised there are so few women over 40 on the forum, and so many more men than women....But I always was one to "hang out with the guys" just cause lots of times women talk about such ninny subjects...
Theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:24 AM   #33
THE BEST GUY
Avalon Senior Member

this old >
THE BEST GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:52 AM   #34
bennycog
Avalon Senior Member

29 here. aquarius if that means anything to you
bennycog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:54 AM   #35
master yowe
Avalon Senior Member

I'm 42 years young , seperated and have one child and she is the apple of my
eye i love her unconditionly. I also have my two hairy barking 4 legged beings
of unconditional love , and i must say i 'm the happiest i've been in my entire life.

LOVE AND CHRIST LIGHT TO ALL
master yowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:16 AM   #36
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racsouran View Post
there should be twice age range divisions that there is, 21-39 seems excessive for a range, for example.
True, but I did it that way because these are the "conventional" child bearing ages... and really, that's the way we are split in the eye of advertisers... though technically that is 18 - 36 years old.

In light,
C

Last edited by conjuredUp; 10-10-2008 at 02:20 AM.
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:55 AM   #37
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustanddust View Post
I am 80 yr old man...not that it wasn't already obvious here, this place is a fcking sausagefest. probs almost all white ppls too. I'm kind of grossed out. not that I wasn't already before. many people have left this place already....

C'mon man, this world needs its elders, meaning you. I'm just a kid at 57. Middle-aged and older have been marginalized instead of being respected. In this new world, some folks are waking up to the old function of the elders. If you're not white, we need your wisdom more.

Me, I'm hugely honored that some young folks seem to look up to me and want to hang out with me. I try to make it a win-win.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:58 AM   #38
Luigis Mushroom
Avalon Senior Member

What if you're 20?
Luigis Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:06 AM   #39
rustanddust
Avalon Senior Member

edit

Last edited by rustanddust; 01-19-2010 at 02:17 AM.
rustanddust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:08 AM   #40
jessetyler
Avalon Senior Member

25 male
Toxic relationship for the last 6 years, 4 married. And by toxic, some might know what i mean. Not on the same page (or book) but i love her and i try.
jessetyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:16 AM   #41
Morgan
Avalon Senior Member

I seem to think of conspiracy things as more a guys' area of interest... And that is apparently reflected in the demographics of this (voluntary) poll. I don't believe in the traditional male/female role splits, it's just observation.

Also, it's an odd thing to think of responsibility of repopulating the planet. I feel no such obligation :P I've been childfree since birth. There's nothing that would change that for me.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:21 AM   #42
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
ummm....I was being sarcastic 20/f here, lol
OK, you got me. Good one.

Quote:
and its becoming pretty clear here that the membership is unevenly skewed towards men....strange, but not really surprising now that I think about it...why the lacking female membership....

So, stick around and bring your female energy to the mix. We need that! We're at our best when we are equally blending male and female energy. Both men and women (especially men) need to be encouraged to think with what's between their ears, not just what's between their legs. We're absolutely capable of this. It's just our culture that makes it seem difficult.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:24 AM   #43
JoMo
Avalon Senior Member

Well its a tie! I am also a 17 year old male.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
17/m, dang I'm probably the youngest here lol.
JoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:34 AM   #44
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigis Mushroom View Post
What if you're 20?

Good point! A flaw in my wording... and I cannot figure out how to edit a poll. Anyone know how to do that?

I'd say as it is... if you are 20 then you are in your 21st year, so it is close enough. :-)

And yes... we are all eternal.

LOVELOVELOVE,
C
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:45 AM   #45
rustanddust
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecrow View Post
So, stick around and bring your female energy to the mix. We need that! We're at our best when we are equally blending male and female energy. Both men and women (especially men) need to be encouraged to think with what's between their ears, not just what's between their legs. We're absolutely capable of this. It's just our culture that makes it seem difficult.
:') thank you for your positivity....its just increasingly difficult for me to 'see' a way here. I'm told that we have to pull together, work together, as human beings, as a whole, spread love, etc etc and all that. but...

this social conditioning and brainwashing goes deep...there are still people out there who think women are less intelligent, walking pieces of T&A....who buy into rigidly defined gender roles and believe they are real, and punish those who cross them. who think gay/lesbian/bi/queer people deserve no rights and are below heterosexual people. who think racism doesn't exist anymore. who think black people are lesser beings because they are black.

how are the white supremacists going to work and unite with people of color? (and vice versa.) how will the misogynists accept women as equals? the homophobes with queer people? the INSANE fundamentalist Christians, Muslims who think anyone who does not buy into their religious worldview is going to hell and deserved to be killed? and all the other trivial differences that divide us as human beings. there is a lot of hatred, a lot of old, deep and dangerous things here, and it will not be suppressed nor will it just go away. not any time soon.

these things are so deeply imprinted that we don't even realize that exists in our consciousness. or, well, the straight, white, middle-class male won't. just laying over a thin veneer of "love will solve everrrrrything!" is not going to work.

even among the membership here--from the poll, mostly male(and probably white and straight) there is so much dissent...clashing egos....and a failure to come together as a coherent whole. this forum(as Bill said I believe) is a microcosm of the whole. how in the hell is this going to work out? everything thinks they are right. anyone who disagrees is wrong. everything goes to sh*t. status quo, no moving foward, back to the start.

will it take a disaster? will it take a disruption in our easy, middle class, 1st world standard of living to push something foward? will it take a famine, a tsunami, a hurricane, a plague, an alien invasion? or will even that not be enough?

there is advice that to change this horrid world we live in we have to change ourselves first....I completely agree. but I'm wondering if thats really going to happen, in time, or if its even possible. in myself and others... there are people buying guns. there are people stocking up on food and water, moving away to faraway places in fear and thinking, I'm done, I'm okay now. no more change, I'm fine. same old same old. nothing to do but to 'ride this out'!

this whole thing is going to be "solved", one way or another....the earth will change and our lives with it, completely. I just hope its the people....us....who do the solving....not "something(one?) else....
rustanddust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:31 AM   #46
costrovs
Avalon Senior Member

20/m here...

12-01-87 @ 12:01 am
weird huh?
sagitarius ---- natural born leader
costrovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:39 AM   #47
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
:') thank you for your positivity....its just increasingly difficult for me to 'see' a way here. I'm told that we have to pull together, work together, as human beings, as a whole, spread love, etc etc and all that. but...
Oh yeah, I get it. But you're young...the questions you ask are good ones. You aren't the first to ask them.

Quote:
this social conditioning and brainwashing goes deep...there are still people out there who think women are less intelligent, walking pieces of T&A....who buy into rigidly defined gender roles and believe they are real, and punish those who cross them. who think gay/lesbian/bi/queer people deserve no rights and are below heterosexual people. who think racism doesn't exist anymore. who think black people are lesser beings because they are black.
You're right. You're right about all of that. But I'm here to tell you that those differences are not as deep as you may think. You may just have to take my word for it right now, but it's the truth...not that there won't be trouble, but it'll be less than you think.

And as for those prejudices...how many women dress and act right into that caricature? They know it's stupid. They do it anyway. How many guys know in their hearts that women are their equals and more...but find themselves unable to realize what they've been denying themselves and women too? How many gays flaunt their differences, playing into every redneck's bad joke? How many blacks find it easier to pass, to jive, to be a playa, rather than buckle down and rise to their true potential? Those paradigms affect us all, and they are two-way streets. Rednecks may be stupid and proud of it, but that does not mean they are "bad" people. Some are. Some aren't. Same goes for every other group. EVERY group.

Quote:
there is a lot of hatred, a lot of old, deep and dangerous things here, and it will not be suppressed nor will it just go away. not any time soon.
Then we must do our part to ensure the future will be better in that respect. People have willingly given their lives for this cause.

Quote:
these things are so deeply imprinted that we don't even realize that exists in our consciousness. or, well, the straight, white, middle-class male won't. just laying over a thin veneer of "love will solve everrrrrything!" is not going to work.
So, would you agree there's a lot of work to do? Good work, wouldn't you say? Worth living for, maybe worth dying for...I'm focused on the living part. Come on, join us! You know you want to...you wouldn't be here otherwise.

Quote:
even among the membership here--from the poll, mostly male(and probably white and straight) there is so much dissent...clashing egos....how in the hell is this going to work out? everything thinks they are right. anyone who disagrees is wrong...
C'mon, you know how it works. You've seen those nature shows on cable. You've seen the young bucks. Let 'em. It's their job. I was a young buck. And wasn't I just talking about how women and others all buy into the paradigm that's built for them...we all need to break out of that, but it's a process not an event.

Quote:
will it take a disaster? will it take a disruption in our easy, middle class, 1st world standard of living to push something foward? will it take a famine, a tsunami, a hurricane, a plague, an alien invasion? or will even that not be enough?
Yes, yes, of course. But it's more than that. There really is a vibrational change occurring, and it's affecting everything. In some ways young men are ill-equipped to handle this, partly because it's mystical, partly because it's not sports. Men are surprisingly fragile in our culture, degrading and aging easily when they fall short of their inner potential. Mostly, I think the new consciousness is bringing the Sacred Feminine back to the forefront after a couple thousand years of patriarchy, and it's gonna take some time for some fellas to take it all in.

Relax, guys. It's a good thing. Rustanddust is gonna bring her special energy along with other goddesses that I'm sure will be drawn to the cybercity. Let's just make sure we're worthy, ok?

Quote:
this whole thing is going to be "solved", one way or another....the earth will change and our lives with it, completely. I just hope its the people....us....who do the solving....not "something(one?) else....
Ya know, that's occurred to me, too. There WILL be peace.

Either we will learn to live peacefully, which means equitably and with love for all; or we will all die. Either way, there will be peace. I know how I'd like to get there.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:40 AM   #48
Mark
Avalon Senior Member

45 - no children, but a happy uncle...
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:30 AM   #49
mwood82
Avalon Senior Member

hey guys im 20 and from socal!
mwood82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:06 AM   #50
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
ummm....I was being sarcastic 20/f here, lol
Thank goodness you 'fessed up you naughty girl.

I was about to make an appointment with a shrink - I knew that I was the only male who had indicated an age over 65 and I hadn't made that post.

I think I'll have a cup of tea and put my feet up. Too much uncertainty and confusion isn't good for me.

All is forgiven - Peace and Love,
Brinty
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
age, children, poll