Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 09-25-2008, 04:38 AM   #76
historycircus

Default Re: Gold & Silver Q & A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Having dealt with both cannabis, legally in Canada, and precious metals I'd like to chime in on this thread and say this. Cash is useless.
I have friends whom cultivate the very best cannabis, that will be a barter item in the near future.
That said.
I also have enough metals to cover the mortgage payments for the next 3 years. That is not all that much metal since I pay very little and cover the entire mortgage/tax/insurance payments with my rent. I would sincerely urge everyone to buy enough metals to stay put over the next three years.
The decision is yours of course, but we here at the 'idea' farm have been trying to allocate a small amount of currency into the best possible use. We've put up a greenhouse, grow alot of our own food and have about $30,000.00 in metals. We also ow guns, arte looking at buying Dexter cattle and doing other things. But if you have currency printed upon paper...it is worth the same as the paper would cost. Get out of paper yesterday.

As for Canuck metals dealers with inventory
sigh, maybe I shouldn't...
https://www.jandm.com/defaultsecure.htm

But I will because, because it really doesn't matter at this point. I have mine, I buy a bit here and there, but c'est la vie. Get it while and if you can.
The point of the metals being worthy come from our ancient seafaring/trading past and actually make sense once you've looked into it.
It's not a way to get rich, it's a way of avoiding being broke.

I hope that helps
I'd rather have my store of seeds (which I do and sell) than gold, but banks don't take them as trade. Keep te bank happy, keep the people that live on the farm happier........
As a businessman with viable interests, you shouldn't have posted this.

But here you are, spooks be damned, eh?

But I will say, old pirates and Acadians can cleanse themselves afterwards, that we are on the verge of a new way. If you come to a "radiant zone" with pockets full of gold, remember, they will take you anyway - your gold means nothing.

But when you trade that gold to eat for a day, a week, or a month, remember these words: life is free - we pay for ********.

I do not mean any disrespect, and I wish you, and all you know love, peace, and happiness.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:43 AM   #77
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by historycircus View Post
They, they, THEY, Zynox (not Robert Heielen, he's OK in my book)
HistoryCircus,

I divert off topic, but maybe humor breaks through our filters better than uninterrupted serious stuff, at times:

And one time, at band camp, this dude dropped a box of shades, and my oh my, the world of perception flipped outside in:

They:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096256/

Allegory, Metaphor, Fact, Fiction?

If that avenue fails, I demand my sovereign right to resort to prose, to break open my mental shakles -

Constructs

Sensations received
Faster than the blink of an eye
Processed though filtered
Attempts to make sense

Compared against backdrop
Of previous experiences
Themselves but filtered
Some never resolved

Among the flashes
Struggles to keep pace
Transcending
Delusions and illusions

Mind sorts, organizes
Categorizes in comparisons
Rubbing each input perceived
Against backdrop of memory

Only with intentional focus
Structured consciousness
With detachment of opinion
May life be lived as it flashes

Finding harmony is key
As reality is interpreted
Interpretation is
Reality constructed
Different for each of us

Be it love, sorrow, pain
Joy, excitement or horror
Each experience is subject
To the perception granted

~ namaste ~

Last edited by Zynox; 09-25-2008 at 04:52 AM.
Zynox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:50 AM   #78
historycircus

Is, is that, Brian Williams?
Old 09-25-2008, 04:38 PM   #79
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

Old 09-25-2008, 06:25 PM   #80
TAXMASTER
Avalon Senior Member

to those of you that despise gold and silver, i just bet that when you go to the store tomorrow, you do not pay for it with a bushel of corn or 3 chickens. gold and silver are just means to an end. it appears that the dollar will fail soon but that does not mean that all of society will also fail. gold and silver have had value for thousands of years and it is available now for trade for paper dollars. (that may soon be worth nothing)

as long as somebody values it, gold and silver will be tradeable. you can use your hundred dollar bills as tender for lighting a fire this winter when you have no heat. if everything does break down, there will be a time when the metals will still be valued and you can use them to position yourself with food, whatever transportation will be viable, and medicine.

as i monitor the futures market, i still cannot believe that there are people that still believe the market is not fixed. with all the talk about the bail out, the dollar is actually stronger today and gold and silver have dropped substantially. Whaaas suuup?

Namaste'
TAXMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:29 PM   #81
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAXMASTER View Post
it appears that the dollar will fail soon but that does not mean that all of society will also fail.

gold and silver have had value for thousands of years and it is available now for trade for paper dollars

Whaaas suuup?

Namaste'
Sage comments, mine will veer esoteric -

Funny thing, near every paper currency that has been used on this planet, excluding those currently 'bartered' ones, have, ummmm ..... failed. Does this not then indicate a systemic issue with fiat / faux / debt 'money'?

Funny thing, there is no con-pirate-cy rewriting of his-story regarding precious metals, they have always retained a neutral stance as a tool, to be utilized, based upon intention. When they became impractical and unaligned with controlling agendas, they were taken out of relative circulation, yet, majestically, they are, in this window of 'time', available, for utilization, as a mechanism to preserve, or 'finance', your dreams.

I would celebrate if the readership of this forum held a higher percentage of metal versus paper, because I feel we could work together with conscious intention better than the current handlers have ...

~ namaste ~
Old 09-25-2008, 07:55 PM   #82
TAXMASTER
Avalon Senior Member

My wife, god bless her, fears that I may be off the deep end but thankfully she loves me and does go along with me occasionally. she is like 95% of all the people out there that believes this will all pass and everything will go back to things as usual. This is what we all truly want even if the world isn't heaven, it kinda grows on you.

I have been socking away gold and silver for sometime and she does get a little peaved about not having all our money in the bank where she can get a statement once a month and look at her balance. Two weeks ago, I bought the last hoard of 1000 silver dollars that this guy had and brought them home and she about went nuts. The only problem is if something happens to us and someone buys our house and puts in a garden or digs in unusual places, they might get a big surprise.

I haven't decided yet if the government calls in gold, whether or not I will be a law abiding citizen. I hope it doesn't get to that but who knows. We all might be in trouble if the rumors are true about russia and china supporting a new gold backed currency.

Namaste'
Old 09-26-2008, 04:03 AM   #83
bilderburger w/cheese
Avalon Senior Member

historycircus:

we are all here for the continuous sifting and winnowing of information until we find the most accurate answers to our dilemmas and questions. nothing was taken personally.

as far as gold and silver is concerned, you of all people know that throughout history, gold and silver have been highly valued. regardless of the century, gold and silver will still be worth something in the future.

platinum and palladium are meaningless to me, and i would never buy them since they, unlike gold and silver, are not harmonious with the human body. as a matter of fact, the .9999 silver that one may barter could be used in a silver colloid solution to treat infections or other maladies. its money AND a cure. as far as gold is concerned, ive read differing things on monoatomic gold and gold colloid. i dont have any conclusions thus far (if anyone does, id absolutely like to hear your findings).

its true that seeds and food will be of the highest value if the present economic situation takes a sharp turn downward into oblivion, but i dont believe it will get that bad (this isnt the thread to get into that, but id be happy to explain my projections if youd like off the board). i believe the economy will pick up eventually with a new currency. having gold and silver will cover me during that upheaval, and possibly allow me to trade my way to a safe location. its peace of mind.

its impossible to tell what the future will hold, but i like to cover all of the bases. food, water, and supplies are just as important to own as gold and silver; its just that this thread focuses only on the latter.
bilderburger w/cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:50 AM   #84
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
As a businessman with viable interests, you shouldn't have posted this.

But here you are, spooks be damned, eh?

But I will say, old pirates and Acadians can cleanse themselves afterwards, that we are on the verge of a new way. If you come to a "radiant zone" with pockets full of gold, remember, they will take you anyway - your gold means nothing.

But when you trade that gold to eat for a day, a week, or a month, remember these words: life is free - we pay for ********.

I do not mean any disrespect, and I wish you, and all you know love, peace, and happiness.
Fear is failure and the forerunner of failure my friend. Spooks be damned in deed, if I ain't on a 'list' I've been asleep at the wheel. Gold means the difference between having a payment to keep my Permaculture functioning and NOT. It means the difference between exchanging the 1/2 bison I buy a year to feed the masses whom keep showing up at my door, and NOT feeding them (I'm partially transitioned to metals based economics).

Our accountant only accepts silver. My family (which includes the aforementioned masses of about 20) buys organic, within the '100 mile diet' cheese where I mail off silver to purchase it. Believe it or not, I just bought a book with silver online from some guy whom thought it archaic, but said okay anyways. Pretty soon, I'll be buying my smokes until I grow enough tobacco and learn to transition to a pipe, with silver as my local 'general store' is gearing up to take silver.

So, I pay for my life with the metals un-dug by others and NOT hoarded them for tomorrow. I use them and encourage others to do so. All in all it is a very stupid commodity to trade for sure. Metals are a 'free trade, globalist' commodity. LETS, and other cystems (sic) are way better for community trading http://www.monetary.org/ But at the End of the Age of Empire, we shall all do what we can to further the idea of co-designing reality.

I have palladium because it looks favourable in cold-fusion. I have platinum because it is so friggin volatile on the market. In fact, I sold 50 ounces of platinum that I bought for a few hundred bucks an ounce in 1995 for a whole lotta money (I retired from a 'job' and went into non-paying Permaculture shortly afterwords) a while ago when it hit $2000.00 an ounce.
Not a bit of a dunce move there, tug me forelock to 'meself and give kudo's to me advisors.....(sic).

To be even more honest, I own a cannabis website (or my 7 year old does anyways) and the PTw be damned the best thing to have on hand is a viable cannabis seed collection that will actually seed in your locale. I don't advertise much but I own http://cannabis-world.org/. I had a license from my guvmint but threw it out and am more than willing to take on any yokel RCMP whom try and screw around with my life. I was robbed once, at gunpoint, while FULLY licensed, in front of my then 5 year old...screw the cystem (sic).

The ONLY difference between hemp and 'marihuana' (sic) is in the breeding. They are simply different cultivars of the same species. And here is the breakdown of WHY they are illegal. We here in BC have overgrown our guvmint and be damned with 'security' man. This is a crisis and people need to know how to protect themselves with knowledge.

http://www.manitobaharvest.com/nutrition/

I still stick with get enough precious metals, focusing on the monetary metals, gold and silver, to pay your mortgage off for 3 years, your hydro payments for three years etc. Any more IS hoarding a commodity-like thing that should be in motion.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:20 AM   #85
zorgon

Once upon a time....

In the USA it was ILLEGAL to own Gold Bullion

What IF the PTB bring back that law?

Old 09-26-2008, 06:45 AM   #86
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorgon View Post
Once upon a time....

In the USA it was ILLEGAL to own Gold Bullion

What IF the PTB bring back that law?

I 'ain't merican'....so be it. And really, it's a transitional metal really, good for going far and wide, but almost useless at home. It's not about the legality (snicker) it's about the ability to say....buy Amero's if that's what coming into vogue with the PTw. It's the ability to travel world wide with, it's about owning a piece of history in a made up, screwed up world.

The amount of gold circulating in the US right now isn't going to become a legal issue since it is a very, very, very small number of people whom hold actual metal in the US (I'm soooo glad I'm person non-grata in that place).

This is a dead end argument for non-metals backed currency of any type. Who really cares what ANY guvmint says or does anymore? We are well beyond the tipping point for 'next?!' to happen at this point. Ask the South Africans whom got out before the nightmare of the ANC took over how they transfered their wealth...metals, the Rand has pretty much collapsed (not to te extent of the Zimbabwean currency but getting there). Ask the Russians how they preserved their welath...gold, silver and foreign currency. Etc and etc ad nauseum.

In 1991 I sponsored a 'former Yugoslavian' family to come to Canada. I recently asked my friend about the times there and she stated that she and her family lived off of a smallish gold coin collection as they were readying to leave during the NATO frickup of that place. When they got smuggled to Austria they used Gold to live for a week, when they next went to Amsterdam, they lived on Gold for a week, when they first came to Canuckistan they lived off the last coins....2 ounces of gold got them through.

It's beyond the pale of the AmerEmpire to screw with the status of metals.
The AmerEmpire is taking us all down with it and I'd rather hold metals than FRN's. Or 'loonies', in my case or instance.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:55 PM   #87
historycircus

Lance and Bildeburger w/cheese (I love that name by the way!),

For the short term utility of precious metals, I am in total agreement with you - I think we differ in our long-range assumptions of what our futures hold.

And, you can bet your (rock) bottom dollar that the government is keeping tabs on where the gold is flowing to - are there SECURITY concerns one should consider before metals investment? For those who are taking the advice of Green and others, who have no problem in participating in a future economy based on the same principles (just different tools) of the old, are those folks opening themselves up to unpleasant government scrutiny? If China and Russia do dump the floating basket and get back to metals (which I seriously doubt they will), would that cause the U.S. government to enact limitations/restrictions/confiscations?
Old 09-27-2008, 01:07 AM   #88
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Lance and Bildeburger w/cheese (I love that name by the way!),

For the short term utility of precious metals, I am in total agreement with you - I think we differ in our long-range assumptions of what our futures hold.

And, you can bet your (rock) bottom dollar that the government is keeping tabs on where the gold is flowing to - are there SECURITY concerns one should consider before metals investment? For those who are taking the advice of Green and others, who have no problem in participating in a future economy based on the same principles (just different tools) of the old, are those folks opening themselves up to unpleasant government scrutiny? If China and Russia do dump the floating basket and get back to metals (which I seriously doubt they will), would that cause the U.S. government to enact limitations/restrictions/confiscations?
Aside from the fact that I don't live in fear, nor America and besides giving out my actual real name when I write anything...nobody has ever asked for ID or anything where I buy metals. I am friendly with the staff, we have a couple of chuckles and when I have sold metals, like my platinum, and need to show ID...I send friends (I have lived with no ID nor a bank account for 5 years now)! I have even found several metals dealers whom seem to be scoff laws at requiring ID to sell metals. Obviously I am not going to mention their locale or anything.
It is better to have metals and not need them, than to need them and not have them! Obviously no one (in their right mind...which is much different than the left!) knows exactly what is or what might occur. All I know is that I've been gearing up to at least be as responsible for my family and myself as possible. One option I looked into was metals. I value my seed collection far greater than I value my metals collection. For seeds, the above well known 'slogan' needs to be somewhat altered to
It is good to have seeds, it is better to have seeds and have a place to plant them and it is best to have seeds, a place to grow them and the knowledge of how you do so. Hmmm...not bad for making it up on the spot!
Old 09-27-2008, 07:25 AM   #89
historycircus

So you are OK with subjecting your "friends" to the array of videocameras at such places? You would send "friends" to do that which you yourself are not willing to do?

Last edited by historycircus; 09-28-2008 at 02:59 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:56 PM   #90
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
So you are OK with subjecting your "friends" to the array of videocameras at such places? You would send "friends" to do that which you yourself are not willing to do?
If my friends cared about cameras, in all likelyhood they would not be my friends!....Nor would I care about them if I had ID...geesh, there is a lot of fearful folks around here. Fear IS failure.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:27 PM   #91
TAXMASTER
Avalon Senior Member

i love some of the names that are posting on this forum.
lol

you talk about price manipulation on metals.....whew whee

as a futures trader generally if the stock market is up then the metals are down and visa versa. the reason is that it is the commercial money that moves in and out of markets that greatly affect the price movement.

the last few days the metals market has definately been manipulated. the stock market has dropped the last week while metals have plunged. why? the fed is manipulating the price of gold and silver keeping it depressed so that the money coming out of the market cannot go into metals and drive the price up farther until a snowball becomes a giant mass. where is the money going? they are propping up the dollar so all the money is actually funneling into the dollar and pushing the price up farther.

does this make ant sense? america is held hostage by the current bill to save the banks and everyone thinks that the safe investment is the dollar? gold should be the vehicle but because of the price manipulation, everone is scared to buy. my advice is to buy physical gold if you can get it close to spot. they cannot continue to do this. i think they are trying to suck everybody's money into the dollar before the bottom drops out....it's a sucker bet.

Namaste'
Old 10-02-2008, 10:37 PM   #92
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

silver spot at $10 bucks???? and its impossible to get , jeez ya manipulation for sure.

when will they be able to take the lid off? when people flock to it by the thousands looking for a safe bet against hyper inflation?

man....when will it hit 1500 for gold and 150 for silver (their historical 10:1 ratio)
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:41 PM   #93
ifeelthefear
Avalon Senior Member

silver coins easy to exchange gold will be woth too much
ifeelthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:32 PM   #94
tandiwe
Avalon Senior Member

Whoever is slagging off gold is hillarious..

I am holdin a few and I mean a few gold coins.

It has tanked today, down 50 dollars an ounce, and silver down a dollar an ounce.

This is NOT what its about.

Its about being able to get out of wherever you are, which is important to me. If I was just worried about bread I would be unto silver.

Anyway If you buy it for short term gains you are just indulging in casino capitalism just like the guys that got us into this situation. its a hedge.

In the UK our paper is still good for exchange. Here. Buy some euros if you wanna get out. Otherwise, you'll just be like everyone else. Whats so bad about that.

x

Last edited by tandiwe; 10-02-2008 at 11:36 PM. Reason: spelling - dyslexia
tandiwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:14 AM   #95
The_Fool

Ba ba ba ba babble!
Old 10-03-2008, 01:16 AM   #96
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

Friends,

I am focusing my attentions elsewhere, and some additional precious metals history and discussion information will be posted at:

~ On The Gold Trail ~
http://stclairzone.ning.com/forum/to...3ATopic%3A2414

~ love and namaste, my sisters and brothers ~
Old 10-03-2008, 02:28 AM   #97
ISIS
Avalon Senior Member

Here is a link that may be useful for purchasing gold/silver etc metals

http://www.colonialresources.com/

Michael Trudeau runs Colonial Resources Inc.

A precious metal firm based in Edina, Miniapolis. He has a toll free number as well and is always willing to talk to people regarding soverenty. Michael is welll aware of whats happening and has already prepared for his family, and living in his radiant zone...

(I have heard Michael speak for the past two years trying to wake people up)

Peace and Light...

ISIS
ISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:02 AM   #98
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

well, I've been hopping back and forth from Metal to stocks for 2 weeks...

started with 2K and its almost up to 9...

Just hopped back into silver to be ready for tomorrow...

anyone think the house will pass it?
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:49 AM   #99
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Shorz View Post
well, I've been hopping back and forth from Metal to stocks for 2 weeks...

started with 2K and its almost up to 9...

Just hopped back into silver to be ready for tomorrow...

anyone think the house will pass it?
Does this mean you dont have the physical metal on-hand? If its all paper, then what good is it?

I ordered 4Kg of 999 Silver 8 weeks ago and it took 6 weeks to arrive. Today I rang for a quote and they said 12 weeks. 12 freaking weeks, but the price isnt substantially different.

Its a game.

At least I have some raw material to try out the colloidal silver fun and games now.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:20 PM   #100
GodLover
Avalon Senior Member

Just read on Project Camelot home page regarding a global banking shutdown. I ordered my gold from Kitco.com almost 3 weeks ago and they tell me it'll take another week to ship. How would this be affected by the global shutdown? Would I still receive the gold after october 7th?

Thanks and God bless.
GodLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gold, precious metals, silver