Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Resources > How To Learn About Stuff

Notices

Old 10-15-2008, 01:25 AM   #1
Esther
Avalon Senior Member

Default Hydrogen Peroxide and its uses

The following is quoted from a list I used to belong to.

Household Uses of Hydrogen Peroxide H2O2

Throw out your harmful toxic disinfectants, cleaners, bleaches and
insecticides! Hydrogen peroxide is the only germicidal agent composed only of water and
oxygen. Like ozone, it kills disease organisms by oxidation! Hydrogen peroxide is
considered the worlds safest all natural effective sanitizer. It kills microorganisms by
oxidizing them, which can be best described as a controlled burning process. When
hydrogen peroxide reacts with organic material it breaks down into oxygen and water.
Mouthwash: Use 3% hydrogen peroxide for germicidal mouthwash and throat
gargle. While cleansing the mouth and throat, it destroys the bad bacteria.

It also helps to clear up periodontal disease. Watch how white your teeth become!
Toothpaste: Use baking soda and add enough 3% hydrogen peroxide to make a
paste. Or, just dip your brush in 3% hydrogen peroxide and brush. Toothbrush: Soak your toothbrush in 3% hydrogen peroxide between brushings to kill bacteria and stop the passing of sickness to family members Shower: Keep a spray bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide in the shower. Spray your body after washing to replace the acid mantel on your skin that soap removes.

Rejuvenating Detoxifying Bath: Add 6 ounces of 35% hydrogen peroxide to a tub of water. You may increase up to 2 cups. Soak at least 1/2 hour.
Alternate Bath: Add 1/2 cup 35% hydrogen peroxide, 1/2 cup sea salt, 1/2 cup
baking soda or Epson salts to water and soak.

Foot soak: Add 1 & 1/2 ounces 35% hydrogen peroxide to 1 gallon water and soak.

Wounds: Use it in 3% grade in a spray bottle for cuts and sores. Spray on frequently and watch them disappear.

Prevent ear infections: Pour a capful of 3% hydrogen peroxide in each of your
ears after swimming to prevent ear infections.

Astringent: Use 3% grade as an astringent on your face, neck and full body after bathing. Gets rid of acne FAST.

Athlete's Foot: Soak feet morning and night in 3% hydrogen peroxide until condition is improved.

Douche: Use it as a douche in 3% grade. In the dish wash/rinse water: Add 2 ounces (or more) of 3% hydrogen peroxide to the regular washing formula to safely sanitize and eliminate the tranmission of colds and diseases.

Washing meat: Use 3% hydrogen peroxide in chilled water for washing chicken or other poultry and beef or pork.

Cleansing for vegetables and salad greens: Add 1/4 cup 3% hydrogen peroxide
to a sink full of cold water. Wash vegetables thoroughly, rinse with cold water
and drain. This process prolongs freshness.

Leftover tossed salad: Spray with a solution of 1/2 cup water and 1
tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide. Drain, cover and refrigerate. Eliminates use of chemical preservatives.

Marinade: Place meat, fish or poultry in a casserole (avoid using aluminum
pans). Cover with a diluted solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide. Place in a loosely
covered container in refrigerator for 1/2 hour. Rinse and cook.

To freshen kitchen: Keep a spray bottle of 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide
in the kitchen. Use to wipe off counter tops and appliances. It will disinfect and
give the kitchen a clean, fresh small. Works great in the refrigerator and lunch boxes.

Humidifiers & steamers: Use 1 pint of 3% hydrogen peroxide to a gallon of
water. This helps keep them clean too.

Laundry: Add 8 ounces of 3% hydrogen peroxide to your wash in place of
bleaches.

Pets: For small animals (dogs and cats) use 1 ounce 3% hydrogen peroxide to 1
quart water for their drinking water and bath.

House & Garden Plants: Put 1 ounce 3% hydrogen peroxide in 1-quart water.
Water or mist plants with this solution.

Sprouting needs: Add 1 ounce 3% hydrogen peroxide to one pint of water and
soak the seeds overnight. Add the same amount of hydrogen peroxide each time you
rinse the seeds.*
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:44 AM   #2
ChooseYourLifeNow
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Hydrogen Peroxide and its uses

I'm glad you posted this! I love Hydrogen Peroxide!
ChooseYourLifeNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:56 AM   #3
Peace2all
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for all the tips on HP. The only thing is it is difficult to get here in Australia. At the supermarket it only comes in a 250 ml bottle. At the Chemist it is almost $10 for small bottle. The chemist whispered to try hair product supplier for a large bottle, not sure if they would mix in other stuff with it? Or if it was Food Grade? So any advice on where to find bottles 1 to 2 litres or more would be great.
Also my little boy had an infected toe for over a month. The doctor put him on antibiotics, nothing in fact it probably got worse. Finally tried the HP and we could see it working IMMEDIATELY!!! The infection got better before our eyes, now it is completely healed. We also use it for mouth wash and skin rashes, so thanks for the other tips. Do you know if it would also purify water or make it suitable for drinking. Pep
Peace2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
BeaTnik-BandiT
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for this. Appreciated.
BeaTnik-BandiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #5
motov
Avalon Senior Member

http://drinkh2o2.com/
motov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #6
lightworkers
Avalon Senior Member

in addition to the above...
(i was sent the following info in an email)

'I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little old bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store. My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most doctors don't tell you about peroxide, or they would lose thousands of dollars.'

1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it when I bathe)

No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash (Small print says mouth wash and gargle right on the bottle)

2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of 'peroxide' to keep them free of germs.

3. Clean your counters, table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.

4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.

5. I had fungus on my feet for years - until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.

6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.

7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.

8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, or plugged sinuses. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue.

9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.

10. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde It also lightens gradually so it's not a drastic change.

11. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.

12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.

13. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, and there is no smearing which is why I love it so much for this.
lightworkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #7
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Amazing I was just talking about this today with a friend, about 2 hours ago and was going to do some research..and here is a post with some great information about Hydrogen Peroxide! You guys rule the school

Thanks for posting
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:07 PM   #8
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Here is a very good video:

Shows Mercury Smoke from Fillings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ylnQ-T7oiA

Caution regarding Hydrogen Peroxide: (If you have fillings, increasing evidence suggests it can erode them and release toxic gases.)

Pharmaceutical Grade 3% Hydrogen Peroxide contains chemical stabilizers.

Better to purchase 35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide and then reduce to a 3% solution. Available at most Health Food stores.

Quote:
Posted at: http://www.curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=433676 more info there

Mercury Fillings and Hydrogen Peroxide
Hey guys, First off, I'd like to thank everyone who participates in this website. The information has proved to be invaluable to me, and I make it a religious practice to educate instead of medicate in my daily life. Now, to clean my teeth, I use a combination of sea salt, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Someone recently told me that the peroxide is the WORST thing for someone who has mercury fillings, which I have alot of. Is this true, and if so, what exactly happens? I am planning to replace them, but $$$ is extremely tight. Also, I was also told that all my liver flushing, bowel cleanses and fasts are doing absolutely no good because of the mercury. True/False? Do you know of any supplements/herbs that help with heavy metal detox? I've been using lipoic acid for some time now. Thank you.

Reply:

Research is needed: by Lapis

I too have been wondering the same thing. Here's what I've found so far:

http://www-safety.deas.harvard.edu/ChemIncom.html

Hydrogen peroxide should not be mixed with: Copper, chromium, iron, most metals or their salts, alcohols, acetone, organic materials, aniline, nitromethane, combustible materials.

http://triballi.mybravenet.com/mercury.html

"It has been shown that mercury is continually released from mercury dental fillings in the form of mercury vapor and abraded particles. This process is further stimulated and can be increased as much as 15-fold by simply chewing, brushing teeth, hot drinks and even swishing your mouth with a solution of hydrogen peroxide (used to reduce dental plaque)."

Last edited by peaceandlove; 10-23-2008 at 09:10 PM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:22 PM   #9
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

I also wanted to add that I put a few drops on the peroxide in my glass of water. (recommended use is One ounce per gallon). I probally add a little more and I just down it. I can feel the warm sizzle of it as it enters my veins. This put the oxygen right into my system. I also use the spray mist in my nostrils

I have an oxygen tank and I put it right in my water reservoir. Excellent !

I know it has improved my health..
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:46 PM   #10
She-Ra
Avalon Senior Member

Hiya,

Sorry to bump an old thread (well I'm not actually, because it's such great info ) but I'd just like to ask confirmation on how to use this for household and mecidinal uses. I don't know why but I must have read or been told somewhere that distilled water is needed with hydrogen peroxide to get the aforementioned benefits. I can't see that in this thread and just wanted to check if that's true or not?

Many thanks.
She-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #11
brutus35
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Esther,
Let me add my two cent piece of thanks for the info. I had periodontal disease, lost a couple of teeth, and since I started using baking soda combined with a mouthwash of hydrogen peroxide, my gums and teeth feels strong, my remaining looks white, and I do not wake up with a sour taste in my mouth any more.
Thanks again for letting us know that we are on the right track.
brutus35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #12
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

Wow! I am going to buy gallons of hydrogen peroxide!

Does anyone know the shelf life?

Opened and unopened?

Much love and thanks
TruthWillSetUFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:39 PM   #13
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

I wanted to write about internal use of H2O2 but of course P&L beat me to it.
Also the advice of buying the 35% foodgrade and then diluting it to 3% is the best idea.

It works fine.
Thanks for posting this thread and of course: See to it that you have enough for when times go bad.
If you buy a litre of 35% foodgrade you can dilute it to almost 3 gallons which will last you for a long time although I would not suggest to dilute it all at once as H2O2 is rather unstable and you may end up with 3 gallons of normal water and a puff of oxygen escaping on opening the botle.
It should come in a dark bottle and be stored in a dark place.
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:14 PM   #14
Esther
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by She-Ra View Post
Hiya,

Sorry to bump an old thread (well I'm not actually, because it's such great info ) but I'd just like to ask confirmation on how to use this for household and mecidinal uses. I don't know why but I must have read or been told somewhere that distilled water is needed with hydrogen peroxide to get the aforementioned benefits. I can't see that in this thread and just wanted to check if that's true or not?

Many thanks.
I was an advocate for distilled water for many years until I read the process cannot get rid of the poisons in it. There are filtration systems who do such as the one the Red Cross uses for disaster areas.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:31 PM   #15
AndyH
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceandlove View Post
[SIZE="2"] Here is a very good video:

Shows Mercury Smoke from Fillings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ylnQ-T7oiA

Caution regarding Hydrogen Peroxide: (If you have fillings, increasing evidence suggests it can erode them and release toxic gases.)
Indeed, very interesting demo of mercury gases, even rubbing with a pencil eraser there...the mind boggles.
It's interesting to see a dual attack on humankind with dentistry through fluroide+mercury fillings.
AndyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:41 PM   #16
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

I had all my fillings removed and replaced by composite ones.
It feels much better but it takes years (sometimes up to 15) to get rid of the mercury in your body.
But your food tastes better from day 1.
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote