Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 02-04-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Default US Airbase to be closed. What will this mean?

Hi Everybody,

I thought my geography was good until I heard of Kyrgyzstan! Apparently it's one of those places so important that it doesn't have an English written translated name (I suppose it could be written 'Kergiestan').

However, its' real importance is that it's an important hub for the US and NATO to send troops and supplies to Afghanistan. Russia also thinks the place is important enough to 'help them out' with billions of dolars in aid - seems like one of the clauses be that the base be closed - which has been agreed.

Now the wrangling about who gives what and who opens or closes what isn't important for my point here.

The point is that it appears that Russia has more pulling power at the present time than the US.

We know that the US spent lots of cash to get what they wanted in the world and also expected a huge return on its' investment, much of the time cornering poorer countries into doing unethical things. We may remember George Bush justify the invasion in Iraq by informing the world that important power house countries like Angola, Guinea and Cameroon were all on board.

It seems that the flow of cash and the shrinking economy is taking a lot of that bullying power away from the US.

Where one becomes weaker, another becomes stronger.

Swings and roundabouts.

So we may see the possiblity of the initial stages of a change of influence in the world. What will the future hold? Will the previously exploited countries take revenge on their exploiters? Will the countries with a stronger economy take over the world stage? Will the previously dominant countries be brought to their knees?

I think for sure that major changes will occur and that humility needs to play a major and important role for the good of the planet.

Eventually the politicians of this world will need to see that being the 'big boss' wasn't all that important after all.

Priorities will need to be changed as to what the important things in life really are.

Control is a good thing if used wisely, if used in a noble way, for the good of man, not for the opression.

Best regards,

Steve
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
Josefine
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: US Airbase to be closed. What will this mean?

Very good reasoning, Steve!

May your words of wisdom be heeded.
Josefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #3
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Quote: George Bush justify the invasion in Iraq by informing the world that important power house countries like Angola, Guinea and Cameroon were all on board.

That line has made my day

Peace
Iain
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
Josefine
Avalon Senior Member

Did it not back then?
Josefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Doesn't Borat come from Kyrgyzstan???

Is nice
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
Egg
Banned

The USA got what it deserved on this issue. They were approached but declined to offer help to the severely poor / cash strapped nation even though they had an airbase you had to see to believe.

Russia gave 1.4 billion dollars for a hydro electric scheme, and a 300 million dollar load to be paid back over 40 years.

Oh and they also opted for a 48% stake in a company that is developing an extremely novel maritime weapons capability.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

Egg, excellent info. Great post Steve.

When you look at the contribution of the USA to the world it is negative: they have taken more than they have given.

Under the universal laws of attraction, their future isn't bright.

Btw, Kyrgyzstan has some very beautiful fat women.

P.
piers2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:59 PM   #8
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Swanny,

Ah if only! He would make a great president.

But he's from Kazakhstan (unless he has double nationality!).

One name sounds very much like the other over there doesn't it?

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Doesn't Borat come from Kyrgyzstan???

Is nice
Old 02-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #9
Egg
Banned

Beautiful stunningly beautiful country. An absolute must see if your into your hill and mountain expeditions. The people are really laid back, there are still a large number of nomadic folks you may stumble across on your walk / tour / travels.

My one word of advice is though - stay well clear of the Isfara valley area unless you want to be 'questioned about alot of things for a long time' by the border troops / police.

Oh and Uzbekistan border / enclave areas are a bit fragile, but the North is where the great stuff is, so you have no need to go snooping round the borders really.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:00 PM   #10
Egg
Banned

9/10ths of Europe would now speakgerman if it were not for the Americans.

The other 1/10th would be dead in camps as slaves. I am never going to forget the ultimate generational sacrifice that was WWII. It may be a long time ago, but events reach far into the future and respect should be paid to that fact alone.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #11
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Egg,

Only half of Europe would speak German if the Allies didn't get together, the other half would be speaking Russian. But that's another story.

What is interesting is why WWII started.

Its' origins started after the Great Depression.

It caused the rise of dictators (eg. Mussolini, Hitler) and made countries desperately to find resources and land to heal their broken economies.

Does that scenario ring a bell?

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg View Post
9/10ths of Europe would now speakgerman if it were not for the Americans.

The other 1/10th would be dead in camps as slaves. I am never going to forget the ultimate generational sacrifice that was WWII. It may be a long time ago, but events reach far into the future and respect should be paid to that fact alone.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #12
Egg
Banned

Hell Yes Steve it does ring a bell. Too many bells to be comfortable around to be honest. The worlds in a bad way, and there is that ever nagging thought of 'why? why are they pushing us to the brink and beyond?'

Scary - history repeats as they say.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #13
Delphi
Avalon Senior Member

Because it's not in their interests if we wake up! whoever 'they' are.

Further or alternatively, because their job is to help us look beyond the material/political to the spiritual.

love to all
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:25 PM   #14
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Don't forget America couldn't have won the 2nd world war on it's own and it did cheat a bit by using the A bomb.

Don't mean to bash America but we all know it helps out where there is oil.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:40 PM   #15
Egg
Banned

You wait and see where their next airbase is going to be! (spitting distance from the caspian sea).

Watch what happens when Russia finds that one out............
Old 02-04-2009, 11:04 PM   #16
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Mugabe
Old 02-05-2009, 05:25 AM   #17
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Kathleen, no offence to you intended with my comment. Actually, some of my best friends are american, and i have visited there many times. I'm not talking about the general population of the USA, but about the entity called the "US Government" - and i'm also talking only about the US Governments of recent years too (even if they did fund both side in WWII and drop an A bomb to close out the war). But some of the recent activities of the US are extremely questionable to say the least, not just their military activities but also the development of technologies for domination, food manipulation for profit etc etc. I'm not sure what the population of the USA can really do about this, and that is why i believe there are some difficult times ahead over there, but i wish you all well as you prepare for the coming times.

Stay calm and healthy.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:31 AM   #18
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

Kathleen, one other thought too:

With power and control comes responsibility - maybe the Obama administration will step up to the plate now. The past is always the past.

Atb, Piers