Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 03-30-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

Default Warning~ "super worm" 60 mins. report

"Y2K", or serious threat?

Quote:
(copied from another site)

I saw on 60 minutes tonight a story about this "super worm". I decided to google it. This reminds me of the latest Die Hard movie. At the time the movie was created last year this was fiction or even maybe sci-fi. Now it is a reality. The movie wasn't that great, but it sent a message that this is very possible to me at least.

There is this worm called "C'onficker". It is supposedly incredible in the way that it morphs. It has already infected 9 million computers. Not just yours or mine, but major companies. While CBS was making this story they found out that they were infected with this worm. It is extremely advanced. I jumps over firewalls and morphs. They had a team of people working on this worm to remove it and they could only quarantine it. They spent 24/7 for 10 days with a team of people and they don't know that they completely got it. They say that it is so advanced that they can't even controll it or find a way to remove it. This "worm" is going to report back and get instuctions on what to do on April 1.

This is coming from the people from Symantek (Norton Anti-virus and Google, etc...) They have disected what they could of this worm and found that on April 1st, it will report back and then whatever commands the owners want to happen will happen. This could be a wipe-out of hard drives, this could be simply a ton of pop ups wanting you to buy spyware or anti-virus software.
Crazy thing is it has infected all of CBS. They said by simply going on ebay you could get it. They also said that it won't be detected by anti-removal programs, and if it is, it is most likely still there because it morphs and morphs and doesn't stop.

I was going to try and copy paste a few articles on this, but I don't want to add in advertisements. The easiest thing is for you to google "worm april 1, or C'onficker".

If this is another Y2K, that's fine and all, but this is a serious reality of our future. We as a nation and as a world are very dependent on the internet. Everyone is hooked up, even all of the companies on the NYSE and even out government computers are on the net. These top officials of "Norton" and google and others said that they can't stop this or if it happens in the future. This is terrorismn at a different level.

Can you imagine in the power companies all shut down, the government computers were all compromised? Anyway this is just something to think about. If I were anyone here I wouldn't at the very least do any banking online. There are 15,000 new worms created everyday and they are designed to take your information and steal from you. Watch the 60 minutes episode if you can, I'm sure it's probably on CBS. The google...... I know we have had Y2K scares before and that wasn't really warented IMO . This however is a scare that is a reality. They have identified a major theat and it is real. I am interested in any opinions ya'll have. Peace.
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Default Re: Warning~ "super worm" 60 mins. report

Wow just imagine if we had to do other things than being on the internet....
Sounds pretty good to me
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
vipassana
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion11 View Post
"Y2K", or serious threat?
"We as a nation and as a world are very dependent on the internet".

The internet going down bigtime sure is another possibility for chaos. That old saying comes to mind "don't put all your eggs in one basket". Is it deliberate that the world is so dependent on the internet? Yes I think so because surely it's common sense not to be dependent on any one thing.
vipassana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:06 PM   #4
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Hmmmm, Maybe Wednesday will be a good day to take a break from the computer. LOL
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

Lets see the net goes down, Korea launches and here comes a conspiricy theory made up right here on this forum. All set to go April 1-4th. I'm not making fun of this, it's just the fact that I think we are well over the edge of being overwhelmed by so much bad stuff possibilities.

After reading this site and camelot for over 2 years I would say anything is possible anymore. This scenerio would be a good made for tv movie but we don't have enough time to film.

I read in the american legion magazine this weekend about an EMP explosion 25 - 100 miles above your favorite city, Possible scenerio wiping out everything electric or digitial for a big area for hundreds of miles.

I just say Have yourself a bar-b-que tonight, a glass of wine and positive thoughts . look at the stars, your kids, your pets or the fire in the fireplace , click your heels twice and say there's no place like home! Worm or no worm I'm still going fishin this year with the real worms .
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:20 PM   #6
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Sounds like an early April Fool's prank.

The timing is suspect enough.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:24 PM   #7
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

60 minutes playing an april fools joke?
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:18 PM   #8
judykott
Avalon Senior Member

I just asked a friend of mine that works with computers, this was his reply when I sent him the info.

Quote from my friend
It's not an April Fools day joke. I had to remove it from a friend's computer last week.

To find out if you have it, do a manual download of the Microsoft security patches or of your virus checker updates, or go to one of the major virus removal software sites. It you can do the downloads or get to the sites, you should be safe. The first thing the virus does is tweak your system so you can't remove it.

A patch came out two Tuesdays ago so hopefully you are safe.
judykott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:32 AM   #9
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

I was thinking of a different sort of worm when I clicked on this thread.

Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:49 AM   #10
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Swanny

Last edited by Dantheman62; 03-31-2009 at 04:52 AM.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
computer, virus, worm