Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Books, Videos, Articles, etc.

Notices

Old 06-05-2009, 06:42 AM   #1
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Listen, Little Man! by Wilhelm Reich

From listenlittleman.com:

By Christopher of Information Liberation (www.informationliberation.com)

Listen, Little Man! is a book written by a truly great man named Wilhelm Reich. I first read this book when I got out of high school at the age of 17. Having never read a complete book throughout all of school (I was always quite bright, though I certainly did not take kindly to being forced to do things against my own will) this was the first book I ever read from cover to cover. I have since become an avid reader and I have read this book dozens of times. In fact, I still read it frequently. I strongly believe this is one of the best books ever written, it completely changed my life and helped make me the man I am today. This book changed my life all because of one single thing, the most important thing I have ever done in my life... The book made me look at myself. For once in my life I saw myself as I truly was... I have never been the same since, and at the young age of 21, though I am still living and learning, I can truly say I am free. That is not to say I am completely free, but I am free to be honest with myself. I am free to think for myself without asking "what will my neighbor think of me?" I am free to fully live like I once did as a child, as all children live before they are forced to become "civilized." That is not to say I am free from cooperation and responsibility, I am not insolent. It does mean I am free to go swing on a swing, or to go play in the snow without reservation, and if some "civilized" neighbor disapproves of my motility I know that they only act that way because they are dead inside and cannot stand to see others truly living (because they know deep down they could, and should, be doing it too). Most importantly, I am free to be honest with myself, and with others, and that, my friend, is the foundation of true freedom. For that, I say thank you Wilhelm, thank you for showing me what life and living truly is, thank you for showing me what life is truly about, and thank you for caring about me at a time when I didn't even care about myself. Thank you.

Your friend,

Christopher

What follows is a short excerpt from the book...

FINAL WORDS FROM CHRISTOPHER

Hello friend, I hope you enjoyed this book as much as I did. This book taught me many things, to look at myself honestly, to be honest with others, to give freely, to live life and much more. I think the most important thing it taught me is to stop hiding behind the myth of the little man. No matter who you are, there are times when you get a hint that you are not just a little man. Even if it is only in a dream, there is a part of you which knows you could be something great. Trust that part of yourself! You are not "just" a little man!

"And first and foremost, think straight, trust the quiet inner voice that tells you what to do. You hold your life in your hands, don't entrust it to anyone else, least of all to your chosen leaders. BE YOURSELF! Any number of great men have told you that."

Take care my friend,

Christopher

"Only one thing matters: live a good, happy life. Do your heart's bidding, even when it leads you on paths that timid souls would avoid. Even when life is a torment, don't let it harden you."
- Wilhelm Reich, Listen, Little Man!

Amazon.com has a look-inside view of the book:

Last edited by Seashore; 09-10-2009 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Clarify and reorganize
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Listen, Little Man! by Wilhelm Reich

Didn't Wilhelm Reich promote the concept of orgone energy...and the use of orgone to fight malevolent aliens...among other things? Didn't he also lock horns with Anna Freud...and get ostracized from the professional psychiatric community? This might not have been a bad thing!

Does anyone know about the use of orgone? Sherry Shriner actively promotes orgone...mostly for fighting aliens. She sells orgone blasters.http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/

Here is some information about Wilhelm Reich:

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 06-05-2009 at 01:51 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
Does anyone know about the use of orgone?
I'm interested in this also. I hope some members have knowledge of it and will share...
Old 06-19-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post
I'm interested in this also. I hope some members have knowledge of it and will share...
There is a group here at avalon dedicated to Orgone. It has not been as active lately as it used to be, but lots of good info there yet.
http://projectavalon.net/forum/group.php?groupid=3

I tried making an orgone device myself but it continually smelt of fiber glass so I keep it outside now.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #5
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phtha View Post
There is a group here at avalon dedicated to Orgone. It has not been as active lately as it used to be, but lots of good info there yet.
http://projectavalon.net/forum/group.php?groupid=3
Thanks!
Old 06-20-2009, 09:14 PM   #6
Illumination
Avalon Senior Member

Default .

Quote:
Does anyone know about the use of orgone? Sherry Shriner actively promotes orgone...mostly for fighting aliens. She sells orgone blasters.http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/

Last edited by Illumination; 10-25-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Illumination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #7
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

I almost forgot that there is an active forum dedicated to this stuff:
http://www.warriormatrix.com/
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #8
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

I was re-reading Stewart Swerdlow's Blue Blood, True Blood - Conflict & Creation yesterday. It surprised me when I came to a passage that said that at Montauk, there were observers that were beings from the Antarian star system who were present because they were interested in the programming aspects of sexuality as they related to Wilhelm Reich methods.

Is this the same Wilhelm Reich?
Old 09-10-2009, 04:14 PM   #9
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

Listen, Little Man! is a book written by a truly great man named Wilhelm Reich. I first read this book when I got out of high school at the age of 17. Having never read a complete book throughout all of school (I was always quite bright, though I certainly did not take kindly to being forced to do things against my own will) this was the first book I ever read from cover to cover. I have since become an avid reader and I have read this book dozens of times. In fact, I still read it frequently. I strongly believe this is one of the best books ever written, it completely changed my life and helped make me the man I am today. This book changed my life all because of one single thing, the most important thing I have ever done in my life... The book made me look at myself. For once in my life I saw myself as I truly was... I have never been the same since, and at the young age of 21, though I am still living and learning, I can truly say I am free. That is not to say I am completely free, but I am free to be honest with myself. I am free to think for myself without asking "what will my neighbor think of me?" I am free to fully live like I once did as a child, as all children live before they are forced to become "civilized." That is not to say I am free from cooperation and responsibility, I am not insolent. It does mean I am free to go swing on a swing, or to go play in the snow without reservation, and if some "civilized" neighbor disapproves of my motility I know that they only act that way because they are dead inside and cannot stand to see others truly living (because they know deep down they could, and should, be doing it too). Most importantly, I am free to be honest with myself, and with others, and that, my friend, is the foundation of true freedom. For that, I say thank you Wilhelm, thank you for showing me what life and living truly is, thank you for showing me what life is truly about, and thank you for caring about me at a time when I didn't even care about myself. Thank you.

Your friend,

Christopher

Listen Little Man book on scribed.com

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3191151/-W...ten-Little-Man
TruthWillSetUFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #10
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthWillSetUFree View Post

Listen, Little Man! is a book written ...
Yeah, this is in the opening post.

Quote:

There is also a link to view the book and/or purchase the book in the opening post.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #11
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seashore View Post
I was re-reading Stewart Swerdlow's Blue Blood, True Blood - Conflict & Creation yesterday. It surprised me when I came to a passage that said that at Montauk, there were observers that were beings from the Antarian star system who were present because they were interested in the programming aspects of sexuality as they related to Wilhelm Reich methods.

Is this the same Wilhelm Reich?
Does anyone have any info on this?
Old 09-10-2009, 09:49 PM   #12
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Yeah, this is in the opening post.

Originally Posted by TruthWillSetUFree

Listen, Little Man! is a book written ...

There is also a link to view the book and/or purchase the book in the opening post.

YEAH, I understand, and why I referenced the quote, it was intended to go along WITH your post for those who would like a choice in either PURCHASING the book from Amazon or reading it online in its entirety. Amazon only shows a very limited portion of the book.

But I get the message, I didn't realize by adding to your post it would also entitle me to your scrutiny. In the future I will refrain myself.
TruthWillSetUFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:37 PM   #13
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Does anyone have any info on this?
I looked up Wilhelm Reich on Wikipedia and the article does reference both psychoanalysis and orgone.

A quote from the article: "Later in life, he became a controversial figure who was both adored and condemned. He began to violate some of the key taboos of psychoanalysis, using touch during sessions..."

Here's the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Reich
Old 09-11-2009, 12:30 AM   #14
Malynda
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthWillSetUFree View Post

YEAH, I understand, and why I referenced the quote, it was intended to go along WITH your post for those who would like a choice in either PURCHASING the book from Amazon or reading it online in its entirety. Amazon only shows a very limited portion of the book.

But I get the message, I didn't realize by adding to your post it would also entitle me to your scrutiny. In the future I will refrain myself.
I thought I was having deja vu when I read the second post with the same quote. I think what Seashore was getting at is that, except for the scribd link, the post was basically the same and she, well most of us, know that they have been "cracking down" on posting large portions of text from elsewhere. Perhaps she was just subtly letting you know that much of the text had already been posted and didn't want you to get a bump on the noggin for it.
Malynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:49 AM   #15
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

this is amazing synch, my housemates dad died lat year and we jsut started going through his old books ahd what should pop up last week but the afformentioned book by wilhelm reich.. i have it on the top of my pile of books to read that i selected from the libruary of books..
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #16
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineal-pilot-in merkabah View Post
this is amazing synch, my housemates dad died lat year and we jsut started going through his old books ahd what should pop up last week but the afformentioned book by wilhelm reich.. i have it on the top of my pile of books to read that i selected from the libruary of books..
I love what Christopher of Information Liberation had to say about the book. And having read other articles by Christopher I think his recommendation will be a good one!
Old 09-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #17
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

thank you seashore.

and everyone else.
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:58 PM   #18
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion11 View Post
thank you seashore.

and everyone else.
You're welcome, Orion11!
Old 10-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #19
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Does anyone know about the use of orgone?
Conscious Media Network has a new video about the use of orgone energy:

http://www.consciousmedianetwork.com/members/jdemeo.htm