Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #26
Oliver
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: To the founders of Avalon2: Think and feel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula9D View Post

Thank you Oliver!

Are we able to logon ??? Or i still need an invite?

namaste

Nebs[/QUOTE]

It is invite, but you can read the guidelines without invitation.
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:26 PM   #27
seeingterra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula9D View Post

Thank you Oliver!

Are we able to logon ??? Or i still need an invite?

namaste

Nebs[/QUOTE]

Wow, lol..

How harsh.. And the look, I hope it is not to stay that way.. I guess the look is just a placeholder..

Well, well.. I look forward to following this.

Good luck everyone, and peace be with you.

Tommy
seeingterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:29 PM   #28
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Oliver

I’ve just read those rules. They are not far off most forum rules. Seems to me they have covered all the bases with the exception of one (below*). I think that the rule are fair and still leaves plenty of leeway. It’s basically about common sense curtsey and reasonable posting etiquette.

There would have to be a real Hitler of a moderator that would abuse these rules but they do set clear guidelines for all Mods to work off. I think if the Mods were heavy handed then the site would be a ghost town in short Time. It’s too early to say how things pan out but everyone should give it a fair go.

*There needs to be guidance to discourage un-provable claims of being psychically attacked.
SteveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:39 PM   #29
Oliver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveX View Post
Oliver

I’ve just read those rules. They are not far off most forum rules. Seems to me they have covered all the bases with the exception of one (below*). I think that the rule are fair and still leaves plenty of leeway. It’s basically about common sense curtsey and reasonable posting etiquette.

There would have to be a real Hitler of a moderator that would abuse these rules but they do set clear guidelines for all Mods to work off. I think if the Mods were heavy handed then the site would be a ghost town in short Time. It’s too early to say how things pan out but everyone should give it a fair go.

*There needs to be guidance to discourage un-provable claims of being psychically attacked.

Steve,

Every rule can be interpreted this or that way. I hope you know the proverb: Laws doesn`t means Justice!
I expressed my feeling about too much rules, and the possibility to misus them.

Why don`t you think what the lack of personal pages means (see my opening post)...it is essential for me!

I respect your position. You want to give a chance to Avalon2. It is OK.I want it too, but with the elements that made Avalon such a great place.

Love&Respect

Last edited by Oliver; 03-15-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #30
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Ok Ive put the Poll up.

Now being very blunt.
Vote with your fingers NOW.
or the chance to vote will disappear rapidly of the front page

Yes just means keeping this forum with the adequate rules there are.
It does not mean that AV2 should be abandoned.

A no vote will mean the end to posting here.

Regards
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:42 PM   #31
Oliver
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you, Chris.
You did a good job.
So, Avalonians, let us see YOU!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:44 PM   #32
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Actually it would be a splendid idea to keep Avalon(ogy) 2 purely academic & scientific.

And keep Avalon 1 as it was.

The past few days we have seen an almost complete abscence of Mods.
Nobody crossed any lines of decency, no foul language that I know of etc.

Ergo: Let Avalon 1 continue that way.
By means of experiment.

Yes, it has been tried before on other forums, & it failed, but it hasn't been tried before on THIS forum.

TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:56 PM   #33
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Listen folks.
Cant we organize a petition on the forum
Very simple.
Keep Avalon as it is warts and all
Yes or no.
I dont know how but my vote is a yes.

No point talking lets do something

Chris
Hi All

hmmmmm, what to say.....how to sound profound...ah, just be myself, it's always worked.

The NFP (I think of them as "new found powers" rather than new forum powers) have an agenda, one that is driven from beyond the veil which I am afraid not even they are capable of seeing due to their proximity to what is happening.

My feelings? Well, that this was all meticulously planned and executed, a well strategised operation that has been in the making for quite some time. The first notion of this happening was when subscription fell away. This in and of itself opened the doors to what I feel is truly an "agenda".

What to do? As someone said, If I had the money.......lets expand that thought, collectively we do have the means. I was a happy subscriber, I would happily pay for this forum to continue. One problem, we would no doubt not be allowed to keep the name.

Perhaps another problem, they wouldn't sell......

LL&P

Always

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:59 PM   #34
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Another matter is this: if Bill & co. push through with their plan to limmit PA1 to 'read only', while the vast majority of its members is opposed to that, what can be concluded from this?

1) A complete lack of respect from Bill & his Mods towards its members.

2) Sheer arrogance

3) Draw your own conclusions. It will be an ugly picture.
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:06 AM   #35
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Steve,

Every rule can be interpreted this or that way. I hope you know the proverb: Laws doesn`t means Justice!
I expressed my feeling about too much rules, and possible misusing them.

Why don`t you think what the lack of personal pages means (see my opening post)...it is essential for me!

I respect your position. You want to give a chance to Avalon2. It is OK.I want it too, but with the elements that made Avalon such a great place.

Love&Respect
With regards to rules being misused then the forum will fail. It’s my opinion there no more harsh than other forums but like you say… interpretation.

I do see your point about the friend’s social networking side not being available. Perhaps that can be conducted in a thread. Personally I don’t use it other than the PM’s, which is available in AV2. I don’t know if they’ll implement “friends” later stage but I have seen a social clique working behind the scenes. Cliques can be divisor and elitist so maybe they are trying to discourage that aspect. I would prefer to see all that sort of thing in the open and none of this back door “he said, she said, and I did, but she did this and what do you think?” …load of bollocks

Last edited by SteveX; 03-16-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:07 AM   #36
Oliver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post
Another matter is this: if Bill & co. push through with their plan to limmit PA1 to 'read only', while the vast majority of its members is opposed to that, what can be concluded from this?

2) Sheer arrogance

This is very true, Trancoso.
I hope Bill and Gareth are not people like this.
Because if they do so, they will loose much.
They must not forget that thousand people are watching them.
There will be immediately a lot of rumors through internet, suspitions will rise, information and disinformation, so whole Project Camelot will lose it`s popularity.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:14 AM   #37
Oliver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveX View Post
With regards to rules being misused then the forum will fail. It’s my opinion there no more harsh than other forums but like you say… interpretation.

I do see your point about the friend’s social networking side not being available. Perhaps than can be conducted in a thread. Personally I don’t use it other than the PM’s, which is available in AV2. I don’t know if they’ll implement “friends” later stage but I have seen a social clique working behind the scenes. Cliques can be divisor and elitist so maybe they are trying to discourage that aspect. I would prefer to see all that sort of thing in the open and none of this back door “he said, she said, and I did, but she did this and what do you think?” …load of bollocks
No personal talk is allowed on the threads, see the rule Steve...and you know what, this is a good rule...but it is not the issue.
Also, this "clique" thing is not serious, in my opinion,if some people want to make a "clique" against the forum, they will not do that on the forum`s page.

Whatever, Steve, it is 1:13 after midnight here..I am going to bed, hoping that different time zones will have something to say here.

Thank you.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:16 AM   #38
Treckie
Avalon Senior Member

Sitting here nice 'n' quiet waiting for my invite.
Treckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:19 AM   #39
Nebula9D
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingterra View Post

Wow, lol..

How harsh.. And the look, I hope it is not to stay that way.. I guess the look is just a placeholder..

Well, well.. I look forward to following this.

Good luck everyone, and peace be with you.

Tommy
Seeingterra! was i being harsh!!! I apologize if deemed so.

Now, as for the new AV 2.0.... Its new and different, but just like anything new, it needs to be filled up, broken in, put to test etc.. Oh, yes with it comes rules and guidelines as set forth by the owners/administration, which is understandable and just. My only issue is the invite business! Boy i will miss this old Avalon its been through it all. Good luck and best wishes to ALL.
Nebula9D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:27 AM   #40
john-d
Avalon Senior Member

I really dont understand why this forum has to end . There is a lot of good energy here . Avalon 2 sounds good too but ditching this one is such a waste . Its the only forum i have ever got into .
Oh well , lets see what happens......

John
john-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:31 AM   #41
Agape
Avalon Senior Member

If majority of active members here ask for these boards to continue ( these very boards ) , is there anyone to take on the Admin function from Bill Ryan , perhaps ?

I feel people want to continue here . There should not exist any logical or legal reason for these two boards to be closed , there are over 6 thousand people taking part here ( not all are active allright ),
but then, people, rise your VOICE please if you have one,
else be the sheeple to be safely guided to your new house.

If you are all just waiting for what Bill and Kerry will make ready for you , you will get it.

And to the owners , please don't take my words wrong, this is not attempt for anarchy, but an opinion.

It does not dismiss the need for Avalon 2 either. Avalon 2 may be the very clean place for Bill to discuss with people, for more clarity and courtesey and consideration,
it might be looking sterile at first , but it will attract posters and interest .

But allow me to think that 6 thousand people may have also right to think that they are CO-CREATORS of this place .

Both may well continue besides each other for undertermined time till they serve their purpose.

The schism was not created by present membership as far as I am aware .

If majority wants this place to continue, then we need to do something about it .

I will be disappointed if no one is able to oppose.

Thanks for attention

A
Agape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:32 AM   #42
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
No personal talk is allowed on the threads, see the rule Steve...and you know what, this is a good rule...but it is not the issue.
Also, this "clique" thing is not serious, in my opinion,if some people want to make a "clique" against the forum, they will not do that on the forum`s page.

Whatever, Steve, it is 1:13 after midnight here..I am going to bed, hoping that different time zones will have something to say here.

Thank you.
Hope you've had a good even and day by the time you read this. I was basically saying it's not as bad as you may think....besides, you should give it a fair go.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:36 AM   #43
Agape
Avalon Senior Member

If it's lets see what happens it will happen as planned. Someone would have to take Administrative responsibility for this place, and ask Bill if he is kindly willing to give it.

Make a pole, vote, see how many people actually want here to continue , in real numbers .

Nothing is against anything. But if you do nothing, nothing will happen, correct ?

A
Old 03-16-2010, 12:45 AM   #44
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agape View Post
If it's lets see what happens it will happen as planned. Someone would have to take Administrative responsibility for this place, and ask Bill if he is kindly willing to give it.

Make a pole, vote, see how many people actually want here to continue , in real numbers .

Nothing is against anything. But if you do nothing, nothing will happen, correct ?

A
There is a poll that's been opened by Greybeard Agape:

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21010

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:04 AM   #45
Agape
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
There is a poll that's been opened by Greybeard Agape:

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21010

Love Always
mudra
I found it later, apologies and thanks. Just allow me to tell you that I'm feeling very sad, looking at it here, with the number of people who ever participated , topics discussed , thoughts shared,
the place has/had a spirit of freedom and awareness .

But what it reminds me of now, is exodus of Hebrew tribes to promised land or worse.
If our opinions do not matter to the founders now will they matter more on new board ?

Bill&Kerry, with all due respect to their work and this great project for global disclosure, peace and openness ,
have not been participating much here.
People gave it their own time, thoughts and energy.

I'm not surprised if Bill needs his own place to start all anew.

But people are not just numbers ...I thought.

I say it reminds me of something unpleasant in history I don't want to speak about. Simply, someone UP there decides for everyone without question and the loayal everyone never realizing their true nature, what was all this chat here about then ?

These people arguing that they are THE free .

A
Old 03-16-2010, 01:05 AM   #46
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

2) Sheer arrogance

well let me paint a quick picture for all...

You are going to click on this link and appear in the new forum soon, they are archiving this forum so none of the info will be lost and discussions will continue there...

don't be so afraid of change, wait until you wake up one day and find Arizona is oceanfront property...

electricity gone, internet gone... all memories of what we have here and now... gone

Changes are coming whether people are ready or not...

this is a very minor hurdle...
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:09 AM   #47
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Here is what I THINK and FEEL!!!

CHANGE IS COMING ALRIGHT!!!

I'M DONE HOW CAN I CHILL OUT!!!

TIME!!!

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=21007

SOMETHINGS GOIN ON!!!
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:22 AM   #48
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

2) Sheer arrogance

1) I looked at the site rules... nothing unusual - pretty much stock guidelines (except for the "put your products/services in NETWORKING PRODUCTS , but no advertising or you will get the boot"- is kind of confusing). It just looks... sterile... cause nobody is there yet... they have 2 skins - 1 dark/1 light, maybe they can add more of a choice later on... why the fuss over colors and layout... what really makes up a forum is the people!

and

2) maybe closing down A1 is just a matter of finalizing the divorce between camelot and avalon... you know... can't live in half a house or drive half a car...lol

so... what?... are your priorities with the site name or with the community of people... just go where everyone migrates to... or be left behind... its a matter of choice and perspective... move and be positive OR stay and be negative (personally I would want to choose the positive path, and really get a chance to make a difference in the world- which is what the original intention was - right?)

Last edited by xbusymom; 03-16-2010 at 01:25 AM.
xbusymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:31 AM   #49
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterTerrestrial View Post
Here is what I THINK and FEEL!!!

CHANGE IS COMING ALRIGHT!!!

I'M DONE HOW CAN I CHILL OUT!!!

TIME!!!

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=21007

SOMETHINGS GOIN ON!!!
Jester life is about changes .
During these challenging times take guidance not from without but from within.
All outcomes are fine .Everyone has to follow it's heart and move where he feels
he will serve best.
Transcend the dichotomy and walk on your own path.
Stay strong

Love from me
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:39 AM   #50
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Will humour be allowed at PA2 or have the NFO (new forum order) decided against any form of gaiety??

So far it seems as though it will be a very serious place with no hope of fun
No fun in the Gestapo
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote