Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Unconfirmed News Reports

Notices

Unconfirmed News Reports Please post any unconfirmed/unverified reports here

Old 10-27-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
Bobbie
Avalon Senior Member

Default All Firearms must be listed on 2010 TAX returns

The below is an e-mail that was just forwarded to me by a friend. I have not researched all the sites it recommends but it may be worth our while to check it out - for what good that will do us. They are trying to sneak this in under the radar. They are using loopholes in our own laws to screw us. Now the only people that will have unregistered guns are the criminals. Do you really think they are going to register their guns? I mean, one can only be a drone for so long and then we've got to snap out of it.

=============================================
All guns to be listed on (2010) TAX RETURNS. Why is anyone surprised? You get what you vote for.

THIS CHECKS OUT ON SNOPES! THEY ARE REALLY DOING IT. THIS IS THE START OF CONFISCATION OF LAW ABIDING CITIZENS GUNS!!!! WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp

Now 'all Guns' must be listed on your next (2010) tax return!

If you have a gun, I hope it isn't registered!

Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own. It will require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.

This bill was introduced on Feb. 24, 2009, by the Obama staff. BUT this bill will only become public knowledge 30 days after the new law becomes effective! This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act o f 1986. This means that the Finance Committee has passed this without the Senate voting on it at all.

The full text of the IRS amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage,U.S. Senate You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099.. You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun owner you know.

Text of H.R.45 as Introduced in House: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - U.S.... Open Congress |

Obama's Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply.
It has begun . . . Whatever Obama's secret Master Plan is....this is just the 'tip of the iceburg!'

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Ac t of 2009.

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because the government is trying to fly it under the radar as a 'minor' IRS revision, and, as usuual, the 'political' lawmakers did not read this bill befre signing and approving it !

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

-It is registered - you are fingerprinted - You supply a current Driver's License -You supply your Social Security # -You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing -Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail. -There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. -They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many opt ions to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family pas s this along.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it..

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not..

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress) :

H.R.45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - Open Congress

H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)
Please.. copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the USA , whether you support the Right to Bear Arms or are for gun control. We all should have the right to choose.
Bobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: All Firearms must be listed on 2010 TAX returns

Well we all know how legal the IRS is.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:17 PM   #3
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Bobbie: I'm sorry I know nothing about guns, but don't you have to buy a license to own a gun, if so, then they already have a registry of gun owners? So I'm thinking this is a tax grab, sorta like selling your home, every time that house is sold, the tax department gets its percentage right of the top, I call it double, triple, dipping) before you the owner see your money.

I'm sure that the peeps who own a gun without a license will not be silly enough to record such on the tax return. But the penalties are stiff eh.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:11 AM   #4
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Well if this is going to stick than I think it is time to take the IRS out of the hat. And any tax money will just have to get deposited into a private escrow account and not to be released until they have accounted for all the tax money received to date and that true transparency has been publicized.
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:41 AM   #5
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
Bobbie: I'm sorry I know nothing about guns, but don't you have to buy a license to own a gun, if so, then they already have a registry of gun owners? So I'm thinking this is a tax grab, sorta like selling your home, every time that house is sold, the tax department gets its percentage right of the top, I call it double, triple, dipping) before you the owner see your money.

I'm sure that the peeps who own a gun without a license will not be silly enough to record such on the tax return. But the penalties are stiff eh.

You don't have to buy a gun from a dealer. You can buy a gun from anyone selling a gun. Of course you are at risk if the gun was used in a crime and later you use it and it is linked to that crime. So, there are millions of unregistered guns and thus you an choose to obey the law and register your gun and pay your tax or not and be a lawbreaker.

Hitler went for this tactic. Register the guns then confiscate them about 6 months later.

This is heavy handed and very plain to see what is going on in the liberal mindset.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:51 AM   #6
Bobbie
Avalon Senior Member

This may just be a tax grab but it could just as easily be for control. Yes. if someone buys a firearm from a gun shop they have to go through some type of background check to make sure they aren't selling a gun to a criminal with a record or something worse, a nut. The system certainly doesn't catch them all using this method and there's absolutely no accounting for guns sold at gun shows. No one keeps records as to who is selling what to whom at these independent gun shows. I think there should be more regulation there because anyone, crazy or not, can buy a gun.

The problem I have with this bill is that, if true, they are still trying to pull the wool over the peoples eyes by sneaking it in. They know that if the public knew about this, en masse, that they would have trouble sneaking it through. It's hard for me to believe that the people who are in a position to do something about this, don't know about it and are taking measures to make sure it doesn't happen.
Quote:

Old 10-28-2009, 04:16 AM   #7
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie View Post
This may just be a tax grab but it could just as easily be for control. Yes. if someone buys a firearm from a gun shop they have to go through some type of background check to make sure they aren't selling a gun to a criminal with a record or something worse, a nut. The system certainly doesn't catch them all using this method and there's absolutely no accounting for guns sold at gun shows. No one keeps records as to who is selling what to whom at these independent gun shows. I think there should be more regulation there because anyone, crazy or not, can buy a gun.

The problem I have with this bill is that, if true, they are still trying to pull the wool over the peoples eyes by sneaking it in. They know that if the public knew about this, en masse, that they would have trouble sneaking it through. It's hard for me to believe that the people who are in a position to do something about this, don't know about it and are taking measures to make sure it doesn't happen.
I see. I believe in Canada, we have to have a licence to own a gun, so thats how our government get their tax grab. (If any CDNS are on here, correct me if I'm wrong). So in the US then, its both a tax grab & controlling gun ownership. Of course they will say its for the good of the people, safety reasons. Perhaps they should start by disarming the drug cartel, just to name a few.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:38 AM   #8
Bobbie
Avalon Senior Member

It's my understanding that you have to have a license to carry a concealed weapon but not to own one. Each state's laws are a little different, I think, but you can transport a weapon in your car in S.C. and Georgia, where we are from originally, without a license but you can't carry a gun around in your purse or on your person without a license. They do fingerprint you when you get the license and do a more extensive background check. Criminals probably carry a concealed weapon without the license though.
Quote:
I see. I believe in Canada, we have to have a licence to own a gun, so thats how our government get their tax grab. (If any CDNS are on here, correct me if I'm wrong). So in the US then, its both a tax grab & controlling gun ownership. Of course they will say its for the good of the people, safety reasons. Perhaps they should start by disarming the drug cartel, just to name a few.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:21 AM   #9
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

I have no guns in my home, but even so , I am refusing to file my taxes next year. I know I have 3 years to do that and they can just wonder whats going on

Its none of their business and those that do have them, will be smart enough to forget that questions
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:25 AM   #10
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unified Serenity View Post
You don't have to buy a gun from a dealer. You can buy a gun from anyone selling a gun. Of course you are at risk if the gun was used in a crime and later you use it and it is linked to that crime. So, there are millions of unregistered guns and thus you an choose to obey the law and register your gun and pay your tax or not and be a lawbreaker.

Hitler went for this tactic. Register the guns then confiscate them about 6 months later.

This is heavy handed and very plain to see what is going on in the liberal mindset.
I'm not a fan of owing a gun, so I'm trying to figure out just what their tactic really is. From the replies here, it appears twofold. Taxes & disarming the people.....now we all know what that is leading to.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:28 AM   #11
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie View Post
It's my understanding that you have to have a license to carry a concealed weapon but not to own one. Each state's laws are a little different, I think, but you can transport a weapon in your car in S.C. and Georgia, where we are from originally, without a license but you can't carry a gun around in your purse or on your person without a license. They do fingerprint you when you get the license and do a more extensive background check. Criminals probably carry a concealed weapon without the license though.
wow....you laws are complicated
Old 10-28-2009, 08:33 AM   #12
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Buy two register one
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:05 AM   #13
metaw3
Avalon Senior Member

I'm watching this documentary right now:

Innocents Betrayed - Gun Control History
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...892404E1F72F8B
metaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:11 AM   #14
Phr0z3n
Avalon Senior Member

THIS IS A HOAX!!!!

Clearing Up the Rumors: The Truth About The “Gun Tax Bill”

Friday, May 29, 2009

In the last few weeks, NRA-ILA has received hundreds of e-mails warning us about “SB-2099,” a bill that would supposedly require you to report all your guns on your income tax return every April 15.

Like many rumors, there’s just a grain of truth to this one. Someone’s recycling an old alert, which wasn’t even very accurate when it was new.

There actually was a U.S. Senate bill with that number that would have taxed handguns—nine years ago. It was introduced by anti-gun Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.), and it would have included handguns under the National Firearms Act’s tax and registration scheme. This has nothing to do with anyone’s Form 1040, of course.

Fortunately, S. 2099 disappeared without any action by the Senate, back when Bill Clinton was still in the White House. We reported about it back then, just as we report about new anti-gun bills every week. Now, it’s time for gun owners to drop this old distraction and focus on the real threats at hand

Source: http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=4925
Phr0z3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:41 PM   #15
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

IRS has no authority to collect gun information and you have no obligation to provide them with it even if they tried your state has this information and if the Feds want it they would go to them to get it.
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:59 PM   #16
Jonah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Buy two register one
Problem solved
Jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:06 PM   #17
housemouse2
Avalon Senior Member

the NRA site and the Snops site both talk of a different act. I will have to look into this further.

I can see a huge illegal weapons market coming if this is true.
housemouse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #18
Kari Lynn
Avalon Senior Member

I found much about this bill as being an email hoax.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/6818

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/06/pri...owned-gun-tax/

Although, I'm not so sure that there isn't a "claim" required on my local property tax. Will have to look at it and see.
Kari Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #19
housemouse2
Avalon Senior Member

so far the NRA has not posted anything new. They are just watching the bill. It's not a new bill but a rehashed old one done under clinton that failed.

I'm fairly certain of the government tried to ban weapons or have them claimed on taxes there would be a huge revolt.

Of course I don't trust the government since the huge failure of basic defenses of 9/11. Leading me to conclude either the government is totally incompetent or they were part of it. Either way, we can't trust them.
housemouse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:17 PM   #20
Instead
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Buy two register one
(Prying eyes are upon us)
Instead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:03 PM   #21
Sarahmay
Avalon Senior Member

Complete BS. C'mon people, there is enough "real" stuff to worry about.
Sarahmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #22
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

Answer: Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:20 PM   #23
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Answer: Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Ditto! LOL!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:22 PM   #24
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

This is an old hoax, really.

The idea would be a non-starter, anyway, the kind that "keeps honest people honest".

Besides, for those of us upstanding citizens, who filled out proper paperwork when they bought almost all of their guns, they already have a better system.

Remember when the "Census walkers" were prowling the neighborhoods storing addresses, and GPS co-ordinates?

Now think a minute... not too hard, now...

What didja come up with? Hmmmmmm?

Did it look anything like a map of the neighborhood, including:
  • Street address,
  • Resident's name,
  • Number of registered guns,
  • Location of doors,
  • etc?
Smile!! You've just been "data-mined".

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote