Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:27 AM   #1
sammytray
Avalon Senior Member

Default Damn those cell phones

"Dr. Salford is quite outspoken about his work. He has called the use of handheld cell phones “the largest human biological experiment ever.” And he has publicly warned that a whole generation of cell-phone-using teenagers may suffer from mental deficits or Alzheimer’s disease by the time they reach middle age".

The electronic poisonous "vaccine".
Cell phones and vaccines, an even deadlier combination. Who knows the reaction when the two are mixed!

Fundamentals

The most basic fact about cell phones and cell towers is that they emit microwave radiation; so do Wi-Fi (wireless Internet) antennas, wireless computers, cordless (portable) phones and their base units, and all other wireless devices. If it's a communication device and it's not attached to the wall by a wire, it's emitting radiation. Most Wi-Fi systems and some cordless phones operate at the exact same frequency as a microwave oven, while other devices use a different frequency. Wi-Fi is always on and always radiating. The base units of most cordless phones are always radiating, even when no one is using the phone. A cell phone that is on but not in use is also radiating. And, needless to say, cell towers are always radiating.

Why is this a problem, you might ask? Scientists usually divide the electromagnetic spectrum into "ionizing" and "non-ionizing." Ionizing radiation, which includes x-rays and atomic radiation, causes cancer. Non-ionizing radiation, which includes microwave radiation, is supposed to be safe. This distinction always reminded me of the propaganda in George Orwell's Animal Farm: "Four legs good, two legs bad." "Non-ionizing good, ionizing bad" is as little to be trusted.

An astronomer once quipped that if Neil Armstrong had taken a cell phone to the Moon in 1969, it would have appeared to be the third most powerful source of microwave radiation in the universe, next only to the Sun and the Milky Way. He was right. Life evolved with negligible levels of microwave radiation. ** An increasing number of scientists speculate that our body's own cells, in fact, use the microwave spectrum to communicate with one another, like children whispering in the dark, and that cell phones, like jackhammers, interfere with their signaling. ** In any case, it is a fact that we are all being bombarded, day in and day out, whether we use a cell phone or not, by an amount of microwave radiation that is some ten million times as strong as the average natural background. And it is also a fact that most of this radiation is due to technology that has been developed since the 1970s.

As far as cell phones themselves are concerned, if you put one up to your head you are damaging your brain in a number of different ways. First, think of a microwave oven. A cell phone, like a microwave oven and unlike a hot shower, heats you from the inside out, not from the outside in. And there are no sensory nerve endings in the brain to warn you of a rise in temperature because we did not evolve with microwave radiation, and this never happens in nature. Worse, the structure of the head and brain is so complex and non-uniform that "hot spots" are produced, where heating can be tens or hundreds of times what it is nearby. Hot spots can occur both close to the surface of the skull and deep within the brain, and also on a molecular level.

Cell phones are regulated by the Federal Communications Commission, and you can find, in the packaging of most new phones, a number called the Specific Absorption Rate, or SAR, which is supposed to indicate the rate at which energy is absorbed by the brain from that particular model. One problem, however, is the arbitrary assumption, upon which the FCC's regulations are based, that the brain can safely dissipate added heat at a rate of up to 1 degree C per hour. Compounding this is the scandalous procedure used to demonstrate compliance with these limits and give each cell phone its SAR rating. The standard way to measure SAR is on a "phantom" consisting, incredibly, of a homogenous fluid encased in Plexiglas in the shape of a head. Presto, no hot spots! But in reality, people who use cell phones for hours per day are chronically heating places in their brain. The FCC's safety standard, by the way, was developed by electrical engineers, not doctors.

The Blood-Brain Barrier

The second effect that I want to focus on, which has been proven in the laboratory, should by itself have been enough to shut down this industry and should be enough to scare away anyone from ever using a cell phone again. I call it the “smoking gun” of cell phone experiments. Like most biological effects of microwave radiation, this has nothing to do with heating.

The brain is protected by tight junctions between adjacent cells of capillary walls, the so-called blood-brain barrier, which, like a border patrol, lets nutrients pass through from the blood to the brain, but keeps toxic substances out. Since 1988, researchers in the laboratory of a Swedish neurosurgeon, Leif Salford, have been running variations on this simple experiment: they expose young laboratory rats to either a cell phone or other source of microwave radiation, and later they sacrifice the animals and look for albumin in their brain tissue. Albumin is a protein that is a normal component of blood but that does not normally cross the blood-brain barrier. The presence of albumin in brain tissue is always a sign that blood vessels have been damaged and that the brain has lost some of its protection.

Here is what these researchers have found, consistently for 18 years: Microwave radiation, at doses equal to a cell phone’s emissions, causes albumin to be found in brain tissue. A one-time exposure to an ordinary cell phone for just two minutes causes albumin to leak into the brain. In one set of experiments, reducing the exposure level by a factor of 1,000 actually increased the damage to the blood-brain barrier, showing that this is not a dose-response effect and that reducing the power will not make wireless technology safer. And finally, in research published in June 2003, a single two-hour exposure to a cell phone, just once during its lifetime, permanently damaged the blood-brain barrier and, on autopsy 50 days later, was found to have damaged or destroyed up to 2 percent of an animal’s brain cells, including cells in areas of the brain concerned with learning, memory and movement.1 Reducing the exposure level by a factor of 10 or 100, thereby duplicating the effect of wearing a headset, moving a cell phone further from your body, or standing next to somebody else’s phone, did not appreciably change the results! Even at the lowest exposure, half the animals had a moderate to high number of damaged neurons.

The implications for us? Two minutes on a cell phone disrupts the blood-brain barrier, two hours on a cell phone causes permanent brain damage, and secondhand radiation may be almost as bad. The blood-brain barrier is the same in a rat and a human being.

These results caused enough of a commotion in Europe that in November 2003 a conference was held, sponsored by the European Union, titled “The Blood-Brain Barrier — Can It Be Influenced by RF [radio frequency]-Field Interactions?” as if to reassure the public: “See, we are doing something about this.” But, predictably, nothing was done about it, as nothing has been done about it for 30 years.

America’s Allan Frey, during the 1970s, was the first of many to demonstrate that low-level microwave radiation damages the blood-brain barrier.2 Similar mechanisms protect the eye (the blood-vitreous barrier) and the fetus (the placental barrier), and the work of Frey and others indicates that microwave radiation damages those barriers also.3 The implication: No pregnant woman should ever be using a cell phone.

Dr. Salford is quite outspoken about his work. He has called the use of handheld cell phones “the largest human biological experiment ever.” And he has publicly warned that a whole generation of cell-phone-using teenagers may suffer from mental deficits or Alzheimer’s disease by the time they reach middle age.

Unbelievable

I am speechless...

Last edited by sammytray; 08-01-2009 at 07:34 AM.
sammytray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Default Re: Damn those cell phones

iPhone, the must have tracking device
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #3
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

I personally feel the effects of the cellphone as soon as I use it, so can vouch for the damage from experience. It's not as bad when not in use; it does periodically radiate when it sends out what is called a registration message, to let the network know where it is, but this is not continuous, and occurs in a "split second".

If you were able to see all this emf pollution, I imagine it would look like a fog, creating a "noisy" environment for the mind.
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:34 AM   #4
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Can a PDA cause the same problems as a cell phone? I try to keep mine off when not in use.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:35 AM   #5
sammytray
Avalon Senior Member

I'm on the phone all day due to business and feel the effects daily. I am wondering if they are able to send any kind of destructive frequency\signal they please. Actually I would bet a million bucks that they have been doing just that! Unfortunately, there are no alternatives besides not using it.

My other concern would be all the electronics in todays newer vehicles as well.

Off topic... I wonder if the reason they are offering people cash for clunkers is to expose those few people left with heavy elecrical radiation. And of course probably other reasons not for our best interest.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #6
sammytray
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
Can a PDA cause the same problems as a cell phone? I try to keep mine off when not in use.
Like Black Berrys? Most definetely.

Along side TV's, they are programing or "dumbing" us down!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #7
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammytray View Post

Along side TV's, they are programing or "dumbing" us down!
I disagree with this statement.

If anything, these devices can be useful in emergencies or coordinating groups of people.

The downside is the radiation and the fact that without batteries or phone networks, they're useless junk.

Regardless, we have to stop seeing conspiracies where they simply don't exist.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #8
sammytray
Avalon Senior Member

Young people are at particular risk from exposure to radiation. From The Independent

Mobile phones could kill far more people than smoking or asbestos, a study by an award-winning cancer expert has concluded. He says people should avoid using them wherever possible and that governments and the mobile phone industry must take “immediate steps” to reduce exposure to their radiation.

The study, by Dr Vini Khurana, is the most devastating indictment yet published of the health risks.

It draws on growing evidence – exclusively reported in the IoS in October – that using handsets for 10 years or more can double the risk of brain cancer. Cancers take at least a decade to develop, invalidating official safety assurances based on earlier studies which included few, if any, people who had used the phones for that long.

Seems they have timed the effects of cell phone usage and the "dumbing" down effects to hit about right now.

I wonder how much radiation shoots out of this silly lap top I use!???
Old 08-04-2009, 08:32 PM   #9
sammytray
Avalon Senior Member

20 highest-radiation cell phones (United States)

Manufacturer and model SAR level(digital)
1 Motorola V195s 1.6
2 Motorola Zine ZN5 1.59
2a Motorola Rival 1.59
4 Kyocera Jax S1300 1.55
4a Motorola VU204 1.55
6 RIM BlackBerry Curve 8330 (Sprint) 1.54
6a RIM BlackBerry Curve 8330 (U.S. Cellular) 1.54
6b RIM BlackBerry Curve 8330 (Verizon Wireless) 1.54
9 Nokia E71x 1.53
10 Pantech Matrix 1.52
11 LG Rumor 2 1.51
11a RIM BlackBerry Bold 1.51
13 HTC SMT5800 1.49
14 Sony Ericsson W350a 1.48
15 T-Mobile Dash 3G 1.47
16 Samsung Instinct 1.46
16a Samsung Spex SCH-R210 1.46
18 Kyocera X-tc 1.45
18a Motorola i576 1.45
18b Motorola Adventure V750 1.45

Does cell phone radiation hurt your brain?

This is a question I have come up against before. Cell phone manufacturers and service retailers would have us believe that cell phones are harmless and completely safe to use. However, in a research paper that I had to do for class a little over a year ago, images from the internet made me think differently.

In a thermographic image taken of adult and children’s brains, before during and after cell phone use, you can see heat changes in the brains of cell phone users. In adults, after 10 minutes of cell phone use, approximately 15% of the brain was heated, after 20 minutes, it was 25% and after 30 minutes, almost 50% of an adult brain was affected with higher temperature readings (read cooked). In children, this heat difference was much more pronounced and more alarming. Basically, because of their thinner less developed skulls, cell phone radiation heated more than double the area of the adult brain. This is why I NEVER let my children use my cell phone.

You can see these images here at this link. I couldn’t find the original images from a year ago … but here’s a good one comparing an adult, a 10 year old and a 5 year old. Just copy and paste if the image doesn’t show.

(this image is kind of big, so you might want to copy and paste it anyway)
http://www.royriggs.co.uk/imageB1V.JPG

Here’s another image

http://wiki.ucalgary.ca/images/3/37/CancerRadiation.jpg

yikes...

Last edited by sammytray; 08-04-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:58 PM   #10
sammytray
Avalon Senior Member

a good read on the NSA and your privacy via Cell phone/internet.

http://cryptome.org/nsa-program.htm
Old 08-05-2009, 04:58 AM   #11
sammytray
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I disagree with this statement.

If anything, these devices can be useful in emergencies or coordinating groups of people.

The downside is the radiation and the fact that without batteries or phone networks, they're useless junk.

Regardless, we have to stop seeing conspiracies where they simply don't exist.
what conspiracy?

Tv is NOT a useful piece of equipment.... Now ham radios are.

Are yo referring to cell phones? Yes they are useful in emergencys however, deadly day to day. Well, at least they are adding to the health risks department.

Last edited by sammytray; 08-05-2009 at 05:05 AM.