Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:08 PM   #76
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: So very few people on avalon

Quote:
What saddens me is someone has to tell us how to be. Instead of us already knowing how to act...
Hows the guidelines for telling you what you should already know?

Is it productive not to think for ourself? I don't think so it's detrimental void agreements.

Face it if we have to read guidelines we must be worse than sheep. We must not know what is right and wrong. We must have serious problems if we need written guidelines to function.

I believe moderators are capable of proper decisions on their own as is everyone.

But you don't have that instead you have rules where we are encouraged not to think. No wonder we can't get along if we don't want to think about it and make an effort.
Dean Plejaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #77
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Plejaren View Post
Hows the guidelines for telling you what you should already know?

Is it productive not to think for ourself? I don't think so it's detrimental void agreements.

Face it if we have to read guidelines we must be worse than sheep. We must not know what is right and wrong. We must have serious problems if we need written guidelines to function.

I believe moderators are capable of proper decisions on their own as is everyone.

But you don't have that instead you have rules where we are encouraged not to think. No wonder we can't get along if we don't want to think about it and make an effort.

Hmmm.. I believe your being grotesque with the truth.. As far as trying to be careful with complexity, you also have to understand you will be right sometimes, just not right for your liking. Once again, knowing and being told how to act, the being told how to act part is immature. Knowing how to act is a form of maturity. Yet with such a active state of immediate information and the desire for immediate conversation about it to the world leaves a resentment and trivial aspect about how everyone wishes to see the world. Which therefore creates a active yet hastened way of the World. Our interpretations is not as a whole, it is as individual and it is spread across our World with a speed of light never seen before. Until we can adapt to such a force of nature, we will be unable to grasp and understand the truth's of the World. This once again is the part of evolution that we must accept or we must accept we can reach no higher.. Then again who is to say this is what we need.. Finding our own way I believe is more important then following the flock.
With that said we also have to consider this is not JUST your World. You share it. Treating it with respect just as the other inhabitants as well. Not questioning it. By doing so you will never get a answer of your liking. EVER..

Last edited by Xhaosis; 11-17-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Xhaosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:27 PM   #78
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

I didn't read this whole thread, however, I wanted to share my perspective. I am presenting this in a completely positive attitude, as some may see it different. As the sixth day has arrived upon us, I feel the era of Avalon and the internet are coming near an end. In terms of analyzing the patterns of how life/society is moving, I feel the time of waking up for many of us is coming to an end (even though there are still many more to wake up, but I feel the guides/leaders of these times are coming together), to where it is an era of action and engagement. I myself have started to network with Avalon members and others in person which have all been very enlightening experiences. My advice is for that people should really strive to find these connections with people in the 'real world'. I myself will not leave Avalon but my presence here will start to become more and more limited.

My research has just started to leave the drawing board and going to go into experimentation mode, even more hopefully leading to other things and networking. Who knows, maybe even the Orion Project. With the information you have, get out into the world. Engage your friends and family. Don't preach. Just try to make them think. Avoid the fear mongering facts, and stick to simple notions of beauty and truth. It requires one simple spark to go off in that noggin of theirs and that's all it takes.

And please take caution. I have encountered much more positivity than ever before lately, but within the balance of things, I have encountered more extreme negativity alongside these experiences. Disinformation seems to be more rampant than ever. Connecting to your higher self, and developing your spiritual/psychic side will be your greatest tool in shuffling through and learning new information. In terms of friendships that have been growing, as beautiful as the intangible words we share with each other may be, I still stress the need for 'real world' connections. Truth can only be seen through the eyes of another, not a voice.

Avalon, along with the internet as a whole, has passed its peak as a beneficial tool, however, it is still a tool nonetheless. Use it wisely. Thank you Bill and Kerry for everything, and thank you members of Avalon for contributing to a beautiful moment in human history. Namaste.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #79
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorArturo View Post
I didn't read this whole thread, however, I wanted to share my perspective. I am presenting this in a completely positive attitude, as some may see it different. As the sixth day has arrived upon us, I feel the era of Avalon and the internet are coming near an end. In terms of analyzing the patterns of how life/society is moving, I feel the time of waking up for many of us is coming to an end (even though there are still many more to wake up, but I feel the guides/leaders of these times are coming together), to where it is an era of action and engagement. I myself have started to network with Avalon members and others in person which have all been very enlightening experiences. My advice is for that people should really strive to find these connections with people in the 'real world'. I myself will not leave Avalon but my presence here will start to become more and more limited.

My research has just started to leave the drawing board and going to go into experimentation mode, even more hopefully leading to other things and networking. Who knows, maybe even the Orion Project. With the information you have, get out into the world. Engage your friends and family. Don't preach. Just try to make them think. Avoid the fear mongering facts, and stick to simple notions of beauty and truth. It requires one simple spark to go off in that noggin of theirs and that's all it takes.

And please take caution. I have encountered much more positivity than ever before lately, but within the balance of things, I have encountered more extreme negativity alongside these experiences. Disinformation seems to be more rampant than ever. Connecting to your higher self, and developing your spiritual/psychic side will be your greatest tool in shuffling through and learning new information. In terms of friendships that have been growing, as beautiful as the intangible words we share with each other may be, I still stress the need for 'real world' connections. Truth can only be seen through the eyes of another, not a voice.

Avalon, along with the internet as a whole, has passed its peak as a beneficial tool, however, it is still a tool nonetheless. Use it wisely. Thank you Bill and Kerry for everything, and thank you members of Avalon for contributing to a beautiful moment in human history. Namaste.
I am also someone who caught the tail end of your writtings, and have enjoyed them.. I also agree, my time here as well, is not limitless, the World is leaving me behind the longer I stay. This is a luxury I am going to have let go of. With the ever so changing face of the world, getting bloodier and bloodier I believe one cannot be so careful anymore within the confines of just their mind. It is time to start a new beginning in this brave new World of ours, working to either maintain the threads that make the fabric of this great idea, or be a part of the ever changing idea of a new fabric. I used to believe no one was listening, yet with all the conversations so full of information, how can it not be applied to the WORLD..

Let us do our best, in what we think is right. Doing so perhaps will get the attention of success..
Xhaosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #80
DoctorJac
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
In fact the answer is simpler.

"There is only one of us here."

A..
Nice!!! Well, here we are.
DoctorJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:31 PM   #81
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Greeting's Avalonians,
Remember, this forum is less than 3 months old. Its introduction, coincided with (and mirrored), the tailspinning events of our world's collasping socio-economic bubble. Now, with (elections, world reactions, and reality) all sinking in; a time of adjustment is the rule. Enlightenment, commands much attention, reflection and just plain hard work. Most here, I believe, are coming too understand, the reasons why they found their way here> to this forum. While, some have already run for the hills, others realize, there is still> much more sharing of info, love and encouragement to be gained. When the time comes, for each of us to move on, it will be realized. Until then, take advantage of this place, whether you fully agree or disagree with its rules and content. My best to all here, giovonni

And yes, more retreating within oneself (meditation) is the key for spiritual growth and our survival!

Last edited by giovonni; 11-17-2008 at 05:36 PM.
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #82
DoctorJac
Avalon Senior Member

Another thought I had after re-reading Gregor's post, which I thought was extremely thoughtful, was that there are for some of us, and I should speak for only myself, a constantly evolving awareness that requires much stewardship within. That, along with my recognition that I need to reach out to others as much as possible regardless of the context or forum, is what recently brought me to this particular site. This truth is what will likely lead me away from it as well when I've brought all that I can bring here.

Because I have the good fortune/destiny of being where I am now, I realize that there is a responsibility for me to begin bringing what I have learned to others. It's not the facts and figures about the constructive/destructive dualities and doohickies of this world we face daily that I wish to share. (even though I've learned all about that, I've found that info doesn't find a home in most people anyway). It is about sharing what I've LEARNED; and that, for me is sharing the whole of who I am. One thing I have learned, and to again echo Gregor is that what we are participating in collectively is a local manifestation of a universal phenomenon in which there is the interaction of opposing forces.

The subjectivity of our viewpoint determines our experience of the shifting manifestations of that phenomenon. To some what is happening is a coming to the "promised land" and for others it is an "Inferno". Terrible and wonderful. I can choose either or both for my experience regardless of what occurs. That's what I've learned, what anyone does with that is up to them.

There are some who are going through this process at the same time, and hopefully we can help raise each other up. I'm doing this to the greatest physical extent in the world around me, away from the computer; and it is fortunate that what little time I do spend on the computer can be shared with those in this process. I and others that I meet in person have our own versions of Avalon happening. Perhaps we can treat this forum as a vine, and we in our own physical contexts can become the branches of this vine; bringing forth Avalon where we are. It is apparent that this is needed right now. As we find it take root in our individual worlds, we will find a migration away from the vine; and as migrations tend to be, there can be a cyclic return.

As my uncle Bill who was a great healer and an "elder" in the truest sense said: "Let's look at the donut and not the hole." (he loved donuts)

With peace and grace,

Jac
DoctorJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:17 PM   #83
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Questions for Bill and Kerry
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7675
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:54 PM   #84
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

@Dean, you wrote:

I'm just stating how things are.

If I have made any assumptions in particular that are wrong feel free to point them out.

Well my dear dean you assume to know how things are.
In my humble opinion those assumptions are wrong.
You don't know half of what is going on nor do you see the mods being bashed.
It's great to see you defending the truth assuming you know the truth.

But have you read the forum guidelines?
I doubt it.
Internet is free as is the highway.
A forum is like a car on that freeway or a house on the side of it.

Sitting in that car or entering that house requires that you behave like a guest and the rules are made very clear in the avalon guidelines.
If people would come into my house yelling and screaming and insultiing me in my own house I have the right to kick them out faster than they can fly and I would not call that censorship.

I do run a forum myself and the rules are very clear.
If anyone has a problem with that he/she is free to go whether he/she claims to know or speak the truth or not.
If someone dashes in to tell me how to run my own forum he or she has obviously not read the forumguidelines.
He or she will get a warning and if his or her attitude doesn't change he or she gets banned and that is my right as a forum owner and it is my duty as well because in the guidelines I promised that the ones sharing the intentions the forum was meant for would be protected from people bumping in trying to rip things apart and breaking the whole thing up and believe me:
There are people that have no other intentions than doing just that.

Remember it is only your truth you speak and as long as you keep that in mind I will listen to you because I want to learn something from you but untill now I must honestly say that I haven't seen one item posted by you that could hold my attention longer than a few seconds.

As far as I am concerned I think you should behave as the guidelines suggest.
Behave like a guest and start posting interesting threads in stead of climbing your old Rosinante and attacking the windmills my dear Quichote.

Your humble servant Sancho Pansja.

And you also wrote:

You know my choice it's that the only "laws" I follow is the law of nature.

That also means that if you meet a bear you're probably the one that gets eaten

Last edited by Peer; 11-17-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:15 PM   #85
SIR GALAHAD
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
I would just like to clear up some misperceptions about the selection of mods. First off every mod started off as a member just like everyone else. Some members volunteered and a few were picked out by Bill. Almost all mod selection is based on two things. The first being the quality of the posts the member is making and the second is the collective input from all of the other mods. We are looking at the individual communication style to check if the potential member mod can deal with conflict that arises between members when discussions become a bit intense.

Some members posts come to the attention of a mod through their interaction on the forums and that person may be recruited to be a mod as well. Again, all mods must agree the potential mod would be a fit for the type of work that is needed. Some of the members recruited, once on board as a mod, realized this wasn't something they wanted to do. This was where the highest attrition took place among members who were recruited as mods as compared to members who volunteered to help.

There is a lot of work that goes on beind the scenes and as a result, the real fun of posting on the forums is often put on the back-burner when being a mod as the mod role tends to take a lot of time and energy just to cover the different time zones.

I hope this explains a bit about the process.
Yes carol you did start of as a member and i listened to you once and watched your post
and i got to tell you how much you have changed you have become like many other mods on here very abrasive and quite protective of many things

Last edited by SIR GALAHAD; 11-17-2008 at 11:11 PM.
SIR GALAHAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:14 PM   #86
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

Peer I have read the guidelines I understand the principles behind it all. You are in this paradigm of ownership and you think things are not restricted as you never thought out side of the box of what may be possible with people so you have never seen any obstruction to anything cause of lack of imagination. Then you blame me and say I am not valid about it. Which is fine ok but it doesn't add up logically. When you own a forum it doesn't mean you have to do things exactly the same every time and that there is no other way. You have a right to make decisions to ban or whatever I'm just talking if you want to evolve and make things work better.

You say start acting like a guest. But I don't understand ownership culture. To me the trees land and everything is not owned. Including forums. Like white people telling the native Americans start acting like a guest. Well it does not work what guest? We are here on earth.

No-one owns things my thoughts aren't property just cause I'm on a forum doesn't mean I have to change myself. I don't see myself as a guest of anything. As for using guidelines as blackmail for me thinking for myself well it makes no difference what you think I should do I am still free to live how I want and with the consequences of it.

notice how you made the analogy of getting eaten. People are so mind controlled they are programed to have everything backwards, including the concept that the laws of nature are fake and not the law that is superimposed on it.

If I follow the laws of nature how will I get eaten by a bear? If you follow imaginary laws instead of nature without exception.......this is the symbol for you right here....

I'm not saying how to run this particular forum nor am I "dashing in screaming and insulting". This place is not an exception to anywhere else on earth I treat it the same and I respect people the same. I am not invading anything or abusing anyone.

I think I have made it pretty clear where I stand I shouldn't have to clarify anymore.

[The thread split at this point. Go here http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7740 to comment on the symbology, stay here in this thread to keep talking about the forum issues. Thanks! (no other edit made to this post)]

Last edited by Anchor; 11-18-2008 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Split thread note added
Old 11-18-2008, 02:12 AM   #87
Tuatha de Danann
Avalon Senior Member

I usually check out this site every day when I can. I think this is a great site and is the only Fourm I belong to. I always find some useful information and great discussion. I think that things may have just leveled off as with anything new It starts out with great enthusiasim and winds down a bit after a while but will continue on. There is so much Info here It's a job just to take it all in. I myself don't post much " Does that makes me a Lurker?? Is that Bad? If so I've been called worse I think?" Anyway who can go back to sleep with all this noise going on, as for Obama, McCain, whoever, being elected, My opinion is "for what it's worth" that for the agenda it really doesn't matter who the president is. Obama may just have been a better sleeping pill of sorts than the others. But that's just me, Lets all go make another pot of coffee and see what else is up. Later. I hope.
Tuatha de Danann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:38 AM   #88
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineal-pilot-in merkabah View Post
the useless fluff has been trimmed and there a less threads. quality not quantity??
trimming 'useless fluff' can be viewed as censorship. Who decides what is 'useless fluff' or what has value to someone? A person who accepts the official version of 9/11 will call all 9/11 conspiracy threads 'useless fluff' or worse...

Either there is freedom of expression, or there is control... can't have it both ways..

Cut off freedom of expression, you should expect membership to decline

Simple really 'Selective Whistle Blowing' is the same as "Government coverup' in my books
Old 11-18-2008, 02:45 AM   #89
Martian Tigress
Avalon Senior Member

I haven't posted lately because there hasn't been any need to. I am continuing to do my meditation and energy work, and I check back at least once a week to see if there is anything of interest. A number of times when I have signed in, there were a goodly number of people on the forum, so the day-to-day totals are seeming to me to be very similar each time I've logged in.

With regard to banned/lack of communication skills issues--

I think that a fair few of the arguments that break out at this forum are active attempts at sidetracking issues/disrupting the forum. Having kept an eye open for awhile now, I notice that arguments tend to cluster along certain threads/subjects, and I will just observe that it would certainly suit the purpose of anyone whose aim is to squelch the forum to have 'active warfare' incited between posters and moderators, and between individual posters.

At any rate, I am still here. It is not necessary to say something every day, and so I don't.

Peace,

Martian Tigress
Martian Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:52 AM   #90
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorgon View Post
trimming 'useless fluff' can be viewed as censorship. Who decides what is 'useless fluff' or what has value to someone? A person who accepts the official version of 9/11 will call all 9/11 conspiracy threads 'useless fluff' or worse...

Either there is freedom of expression, or there is control... can't have it both ways..

Cut off freedom of expression, you should expect membership to decline

Simple really 'Selective Whistle Blowing' is the same as "Government coverup' in my books
Some former members have posted pornography. sometimes control is desirable.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:43 AM   #91
Made_in_Brazil
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: So very few people on avalon

"A few people were banned because of offensive attitudes. I don't know of any that were banned for posting "doom and gloom" info".

Ah, that's nice to hear, Mod. Thanks!

I'm afraid some people were intimidated to post as they feared to be seen as dark-siders, whenever they presented 'gloom & doom' questions or threads. It's my perspective that I don't need to be baby-sitted as for what I should or should not read, be it 'doom & gloom' or 'love & light'. I can sort them all out of my own and decide for myself where my mind should or should not be.
No Thought Police! Thank ya!
Made_in_Brazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:32 AM   #92
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhaosis View Post
Well, there really is not much to talk about on this forum...
You can only go on and on about preparedness for so long...
People like to talk about getting down and dirty, they like the drama. They like to THINK about getting together and forming groups for sustainability and survival and preparedness. But then a call goes out for a group to form in this area or that one, and the silence is deafening.

You can only go on and on about anything for so long, and if you don't act sooner or later people will notice you're not serious.

The ET thing wore itself out because nobody can present any credible evidence that they exist. I happen to think they do, but where's the relevance?

Channeling's dead because all the channelers who predicted the ETs would show up made fools of themselves. I happen to think that some channels are genuine, but anyone with a toothy grin and a good rap can call themselves a channel or a reincarnated panda bear, and who's to argue? Sheesh, I can't believe how gullible people can be. Is it just because our schools suck?

Did someone say there were once 10,000 people here at one time? Betcha can't find twenty who are actually serious about finding and facing the truth and then acting on it, who have their heads on straight.

Sorry folks, I don't mean to be abrasive...but that's the way I see it. And this is NOT aimed at anyone in particular.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #93
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

whitecrow you want to make a bet? I am serious I've been trying to find people.
I've made threads about it I've been trying to get people together to organize it I even created a separate forum to discuss it.

few people are interested.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:52 AM   #94
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Hi this thread has gone off topic.

We (Karen and I) are going to separate out the new off-topic (but on a new topic posts into a separate thread) - no messages are being deleted.

The new thread will be in Project Camelot Conspiracy Research here http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7740

If you want to keep talking about why you think people are fewer on Avalon go right ahead here.

If you want to talk about symbology, please go there.

Thanks

Sorry if anyone disagrees with the action we have just taken.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 11-18-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:32 AM   #95
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Sorry if anyone disagrees with the action we have just taken.
I'm sorry this has to be controversial. And I meant no disrespect.

As far as why there are fewer people and/or posts at Avalon lately, I gave my opinion and intend to leave it at that. I'm not here to whine about what people do or don't do.

Avalon is a vehicle as far as I am concerned. My personal message is not perfectly meshed with that of the founders, but there is no disharmony either, unless someone chooses to make it so. I neither agree nor disagree with the action taken. It is what it is.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #96
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

Anchor is definitely my favorite moderator lol.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:32 AM   #97
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myplanet2 View Post
Some former members have posted pornography. sometimes control is desirable.
Like this? http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=7737

Pornography had been used by the powers since the day of the first fotograph as a reason to censor for the children.

Are you sure they were "members" or just people that made a login to enable them to post ......
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote