Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 08-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #1
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default "UK Government To Install Surveillance Cameras In Private Homes"

This is an article taken from PrisonPlanet.com:

State to spy on parents, make sure kids go to bed on time, attend school

Paul Joseph Watson

Monday, August 3, 2009

The UK government is about to spend $700 million dollars installing surveillance cameras inside the private homes of citizens to ensure that children go to bed on time, attend school and eat proper meals.

No you aren’t reading a passage from George Orwell’s 1984 or Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World, this is Britain in 2009, a country which already has more surveillance cameras watching its population than the whole of Europe put together.

Now the government is embarking on a scheme called “Family Intervention Projects” which will literally create a nanny state on steroids, with social services goons and private security guards given the authority to make regular “home checks” to ensure parents are raising their children correctly.

Telescreens will also be installed so government spies can keep an eye on whether parents are mistreating kids and whether the kids are fulfilling their obligations under a pre-signed contract.

Around 2,000 families have been targeted by this program so far and the government wants to snare 20,000 more within the next two years. The tab will be picked up by the taxpayer, with the “interventions” being funded through local council authorities.

Another key aspect of the program will see parents deemed “responsible” by the government handed the power to denounce and report bad parents who allow their children to engage in bad behavior. Such families will then be targeted for “interventions”.

Both parents and children will also be forced to sign a “behavior contract” with the government known as Home School Agreements before the start of every year, in which the state will dictate obligations that it expects to be met.

The opposition Conservative Party, who are clear favorites to win the next British election, commented that the program does not go far enough and is “too little, too late.”

Respondents to a Daily Express article about the new program expressed their shock at the totalitarian implications of what is unfolding in the United Kingdom under the guise of social services initiatives.

“Sorry, but what the hell? Why are people not up in arms about this?,” writes one, “This is a complete invasion of privacy, and it totally ignores the fact that the state does NOT own kids. It’s not up to them how parents choose to raise their children, as long as the parents do not actively harm them. Why on earth aren’t the public rioting? It’s completely anathema to basic British freedoms.”

“Excuse me!?! What an incredible intrusion into the privacy of a family! George Orwell must be spinning in his grave right now,” writes another.

“I have one comment to make: it completely violates Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights (Human Rights Act 1998). Has this minister and his lackies even done any basic homework on basic human rights and civil liberties? Or rather they’ve just decided to completely ignore them,” adds another.

The move to install surveillance cameras inside private homes is also on the agenda across the pond. In February 2006, Houston Chief of Police Harold Hurtt said cameras should be placed inside apartments and homes in order to “fight crime” due to there being a shortage of police officers.

“I know a lot of people are concerned about Big Brother, but my response to that is, if you are not doing anything wrong, why should you worry about it?” Chief Hurtt told reporters.

Andy Teas with the Houston Apartment Association supported the proposal, saying privacy concerns would take a back seat to many people who would, “appreciate the thought of extra eyes looking out for them.”

If such programs come to fruition and are implemented on a mass scale then the full scope of George Orwell’s depiction of a totalitarian society is his classic novel 1984 will have been realized.

The following passage is from Orwell’s 1984;

The telescreen received and transmitted simultaneously. Any sound that Winston made, above the level of a very low whisper, would be picked up by it, moreover, so long as he remained within the field of vision which the metal plaque commanded, he could be seen as well as heard. There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment. How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork. It was even conceivable that they watched everybody all the time. But at any rate they could plug in your wire whenever they wanted to. You had to live — did live, from habit that became instinct — in the assumption that every sound you made was overheard, and, except in darkness, every movement scrutinized.

Quoting 1984 makes me think of what I've heard Alan Watt say many times: that the powers that be recruit writers to write books with predictive programming in them.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #2
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: "UK Government To Install Surveillance Cameras In Private Homes"

This reminds me of that movie "they live" where subliminal tones and messages are sent out to the population to comply, obey, work 8 hours, sleep, and most of all not fight back.

The people are in a stupor in the developed countries. I think, and yes I am serious about this, that microwaves have a lot to do with it, and that at specific times of the day those waves are amped up as people are more likely to be using their personal machines to prepare dinner etc.. I know it sounds crazy, but if they can get everyone to cook dinner and be together at specific times, then maybe it boosts their own wave systems like Haarp and Scaler technology.

Most people are asleep.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

In order to do this they need consent they can not come in and do this unless they have a signed document saying you allow this . Further are they going to pay a partial part of your hydro bill in order to run this system and what is to stop some one from throwing a towel over it so they can`t watch you . My opinion Bullsh*t
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:46 PM   #4
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

This is unreal..in a "democracy". There doesn't seem to be a limit on what the government dare tries to do to take away people's rights, and what is worse is that the people don't protest and don't seem to know or care where this will end up. The system is going crazy.. time to leave.
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:00 PM   #5
scanner
Avalon Senior Member

I live in the UK not heard of this but I will make some investigations and let you know if this is true
scanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:16 AM   #6
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

If they put a camera in my house I would put it in the back of the toilet so they have to watch me take a dump every mourning.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #7
scanner
Avalon Senior Member

I've completed my investigation and found some truth about this.
This has been set up for familiies with children and some adults with antisocial behavier problems and is a contract set up with the famillies concerned see linkhttp://www.respect.gov.uk/members/article.aspx?id=8678

So it's not as reported and we as a nation would defo kick up a fuss if they try to impose a camera systems in our homes would not happen
Hope this helps
Old 08-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #8
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanner View Post
...So it's not as reported...
I disagree.

Quote:
...Now the government is embarking on a scheme called “Family Intervention Projects”...

...Around 2,000 families have been targeted by this program so far and the government wants to snare 20,000 more within the next two years...

Last edited by Seashore; 08-04-2009 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Format
Old 08-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #9
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Why would anyone allow a camera in their home????
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #10
scanner
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Why would anyone allow a camera in their home????
Hi seashore did you take a look at the link ? Swanny I agree who would , even if they could get away with it how many would get constantly accidentally broken
Old 08-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #11
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanner View Post
...did you take a look at the link...
I don't see the $700 million for surveillance cameras or a reference to cameras in the home, but I'm not convinced it's not as reported.

I suspect it's exactly as reported.

Tried to find info on the Daily Express website but searches brought up nothing.

I will follow the story on PrisonPlanet.com. Paul Joseph Watson is an excellent researcher.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #12
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Its here
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...worst-families

Ed Balls.
Balls to him
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #13
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
"The Children’s Secretary set out £400million plans to put 20,000 problem families under 24-hour CCTV super-vision in their own homes."

Guess the $700 million represents the exchange rate...

Thanks for finding this, Swanny.