Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 12-31-2009, 01:08 PM   #201
kriya
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Hi Chris,

I've just found these, and thought of you!

Happy New Year!!

Enjoy!!!

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...SnbG2Cw&hl=en#

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...maharaj&hl=en#

Love,

Kriya
kriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:15 PM   #202
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you very much Kryia
I havent seen either of them.
Looking forward to viewing Nasargadatta.
Ramana used to send "obstinate" devotees to the tough love of Nasargadatta.
His book "I am that" is a difficult read but special

Happy New Year to you too, and all my friends here.

Love Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:03 PM   #203
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Wishing all a Happy New Year
Chris
Old 01-01-2010, 02:22 AM   #204
ConsciousSponge
Avalon Senior Member

I had an epiphany tonight

I was listening to an Eckhart Tolle Power of now audio book, not sure which one as my zune was on shuffle. He was speaking about those moments of complete consciousness that everyone has but most don't recognize. I remembered mine, funny that they should be while admiring my wife...but not physically it was always like I was looking through her and into her(it has been a while). It always made her anxious but in a good way. Then the Buddha flower sermon came to mind and it was the most wonderful thing, my mind was free of thought and everything just melted away, I just got it, can't explain it...words don't do it justice. I've been soo relaxed since, I even feel lighter.

The closest I can come to explaining the sermon is: Enlightenment is True Love in the I of the Beholder.
ConsciousSponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:18 AM   #205
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Great! What is the Buddha Flower Sermon? Any link?
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:27 AM   #206
ConsciousSponge
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
Great! What is the Buddha Flower Sermon? Any link?
http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~cgherb/lotus.html

Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2010, 06:15 AM   #207
Magamud
Avalon Senior Member

The Ego is the existence of mind on the event horizon of death. Before consciousness go back in time where your unconscious was first born. That very truth is where the ego exists. It has through thousands of years buried itself with blankets of ideas and novelty to hide in the hollow earth of your mind. There it thrives on its listless vines of energy, redirecting and manipulating you from discovering its secrets. In this state it denies what it sees beyond for it does not understand and cannot integrate death. In its denial it has created a labyrinth of lies to soothe it and comfort it. An analogy would be putting your hand on a fire. The body will repel itself. In that same sense the ego does the same.'

Good luck and Godspeed...
Magamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:59 PM   #208
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

there is an End to everything

except That

which has no Beginning

That without Birth

Nameless Formless

I Am That I Am

I Am Awake

And when I Sleep

there will be nothing at all

but I
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #209
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeZra View Post
there is an End to everything

except That

which has no Beginning

That without Birth

Nameless Formless

I Am That I Am

I Am Awake

And when I Sleep

there will be nothing at all

but I
Hi RedeZra
Could you post a link for the work of Robert Frost and is the above a quote of his or your personal thought?
Whatever it is correct,
The play of consciousness, the cosmic dance -- Idras dream -- whatever it seems real enough.
Regards Chris
Old 01-02-2010, 06:48 AM   #210
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsciousSponge View Post
THE FLOWER SERMON

Toward the end of his life, the Buddha took his disciples to a quiet pond for instruction. As they had done so many times before, the Buddha’s followers sat in a small circle around him, and waited for the teaching.

But this time the Buddha had no words. He reached into the muck and pulled up a lotus flower. And he held it silently before them, its roots dripping mud and water.

The disciples were greatly confused. Buddha quietly displayed the lotus to each of them. In turn, the disciples did their best to expound upon the meaning of the flower: what it symbollized, and how it fit into the body of Buddha’s teaching.

When at last the Buddha came to his follower Mahakasyapa, the disciple suddenly understood. He smiled and began to laugh. Buddha handed the lotus to Mahakasyapa and began to speak.

“What can be said I have said to you,” smiled the Buddha, “and what cannot be said, I have given to Mahakashyapa.”

Mahakashyapa became Buddha’s successor from that day forward.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #211
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
THE FLOWER SERMON

Toward the end of his life, the Buddha took his disciples to a quiet pond for instruction. As they had done so many times before, the Buddha’s followers sat in a small circle around him, and waited for the teaching.

But this time the Buddha had no words. He reached into the muck and pulled up a lotus flower. And he held it silently before them, its roots dripping mud and water.

The disciples were greatly confused. Buddha quietly displayed the lotus to each of them. In turn, the disciples did their best to expound upon the meaning of the flower: what it symbollized, and how it fit into the body of Buddha’s teaching.

When at last the Buddha came to his follower Mahakasyapa, the disciple suddenly understood. He smiled and began to laugh. Buddha handed the lotus to Mahakasyapa and began to speak.

“What can be said I have said to you,” smiled the Buddha, “and what cannot be said, I have given to Mahakashyapa.”

Mahakashyapa became Buddha’s successor from that day forward.
Guess we are are all talking about that which cannot be spoken off.
Smiling
Chris
Old 01-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #212
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Excerpt from “A New Earth” By Eckhart Tolle:

“…The whole comprises all that exists. It is the world or the cosmos. But all things in existence, from microbes to human beings to galaxies, are not really separate things or entities, but form part of a web of interconnected multidimensional processes.

There are two reasons why we don’t see this unity, why we see things as separate. One is perception, which reduces reality to what is accessible to us through the small ranges of our sense: what we can see, hear, smell, taste, and touch. But when we perceive without interpreting or mental labeling, which meand without adding thought to our perceptions, we can actually still sense the deeper connectedness underneath our perception of seemingly separate things.

The other more serious reason for the illusion of separateness is compulsive thinking. It is when we are trapped in incessant streams of compulsive thinking that the universe really disintegrates for us, and we lose the ability to sense the interconnectndness of all that exists. Thinking cuts reality up into lifeless fragments. Extremely unintelligent and destructive action arises out of such a fragmented view of reality.

However, there is an even deeper level to the whole than the interconnectedness of everything in existence. As that deeper level, all things are one. It is the Source, the unmanifested one Life. It is the timeless intelligence that manifests as a universe unfolding in time.

The whole is made up of existence and Being, the manifested and the unmanifested, the world and “God.” So when you become aligned with the whole, you become a conscious part of the interconnectedness of the whole and its purpose: the emergence of consciousness into this world. As a result, spontaneous helpful occurrences, chance encounters, coincidences, and synchronistic events happen much more frequently. Carl Jung called synchronicity an “a causal connecting principle.” This means that it “is not causal connection between synchronistic events on our surface level of reality. It is an outer manifestation of an underlying intelligence behind the world of appearances – a deeper connectedness that our mind cannot understand.

But we can be conscious participants in the unfolding of that intelligence, the flowering consciousness.”

I believe one can say the more we sense our connectedness to all that is in an harmonious and peacefull way the less ego comes into play .

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #213
ConsciousSponge
Avalon Senior Member

The lotus blossom is a symbol of transcendence, remember where it comes from and what it grows in and then finally what is displayed to the world...from inside out.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #214
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

We are waves of the Divine Ocean.
The Ocean can say the wave is part of It
The wave can not say it is the Ocean.

Chris
Old 01-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #215
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
I had an epiphany tonight

I was listening to an Eckhart Tolle Power of now audio book, not sure which one as my zune was on shuffle. He was speaking about those moments of complete consciousness that everyone has but most don't recognize. I remembered mine, funny that they should be while admiring my wife...but not physically it was always like I was looking through her and into her(it has been a while). It always made her anxious but in a good way. Then the Buddha flower sermon came to mind and it was the most wonderful thing, my mind was free of thought and everything just melted away, I just got it, can't explain it...words don't do it justice. I've been soo relaxed since, I even feel lighter.

The closest I can come to explaining the sermon is: Enlightenment is True Love in the I of the Beholder.
Wonderful metaphorical example

your lovely

wife<>chris

she is your true Lotus blossom~

keep her close!
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #216
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Guess we are are all talking about that which cannot be spoken off.
Smiling
Chris
And perhaps only those who are truly initiated into it cannot talk about it. But we can be personal coaches for those sincerely on the path. We will probably lose IT if we are not. An opinion, not a known fact in my case 'cuz I'm still in an initiation process.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #217
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

The lotus blossom is a symbol of transcendence, remember where it comes from and what it grows in and then finally what is displayed to the world...from inside out.
It is more valuable than bars of gold and silver.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #218
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriya View Post
Hi Chris,

Happy New Year!!

Enjoy!!!

Love,

Kriya

Yes, that is my path now: seeking the source of my first ego impulse, my original "sin" and for me it is taking me on a journey of seeing my history as a spiritual being which included embodied lifetimes on various planets, but the majority as a disembodied being less and less attached to mine own and other's creations as I peel away the layers. Tears wash away the "sins" and laughter ridiculizes my prior thoughts and decisions. Happiness with myself and others follows because I release my attachments by looking at them.

The only "correction" to what I saw in this video is the idea of a "deeply inverted mind". I would refine the concept to "introspective" which puts one in an altered state that is mainly subjective. Looking into the subconscious would be a technical western description.

His larger message, and mine, is that we can all do the work he did and be like him -- we ARE like him and he wants us to come out and play/commune as brothers/sisters with him
Old 01-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #219
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

"Investigate what the mind is and it will disappear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriya View Post
Hi Chris,

Happy New Year!!

Enjoy!!!

Love,

Kriya
Old 01-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #220
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
"Investigate what the mind is and it will disappear"
Great to see so many good contributions to the thread.
Keep it coming.
Chris
Old 01-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #221
ConsciousSponge
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Yes, that is my path now: seeking the source of my first ego impulse, my original "sin" and for me it is taking me on a journey of seeing my history as a spiritual being which included embodied lifetimes on various planets, but the majority as a disembodied being less and less attached to mine own and other's creations as I peel away the layers. Tears wash away the "sins" and laughter ridiculizes my prior thoughts and decisions. Happiness with myself and others follows because I release my attachments by looking at them.

The only "correction" to what I saw in this video is the idea of a "deeply inverted mind". I would refine the concept to "introspective" which puts one in an altered state that is mainly subjective. Looking into the subconscious would be a technical western description.

His larger message, and mine, is that we can all do the work he did and be like him -- we ARE like him and he wants us to come out and play/commune as brothers/sisters with him
Just remember that to "sin" is only to err or miss the mark, many have given the word a negative connotation.

"I" am seeming to catch "myself" in the act and relieving the "self" of control, not by fighting, but by disconnecting. The "self" still feels a certain way, but is no longer running the show, "I" am observing.

We don't want to "Control Ourselves" but observe and disconnect the self from control through being/watching/observing and not reacting but acting through non-reaction to the self's emotion/feeling at any given moment, let the self be without letting it act anything out in the manifested.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:59 PM   #222
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

The ego tricks us into believing we are separate from the Source.

Is there anything but God? I suggest there is not. There is only One consciousness. We are all beams of Light emanating, at the highest level of creation, from One Sun of Beingness.

However, we are not destined to be disappeared, rather to grow in Oneness with All that IS. This is our destiny.

The ego wants us to believe that the wave is separate from the ocean, that they are not the same thing. We are the wave, we are the Ocean, we are the Sun behind the Sun. This is our true nature, this is who you and I AM.

We are here to BE the source within it's creation, the unique perspective, momentum's and God Flame we were each lovingly and uniquely created to Be.

What is permanent in creation? No thing. Nothing is permanent except for consciousness, Being ~ our "I" is permanent. Life eternal rest within our own "I", inside of us. I Being in the eternal Now, co-creating and growing in Oneness with All that IS.

Our "I" is not meant to disappear, simply to Be MORE.

We don't go from our current level of consciousness to that of the creator, we simply make a jump forward, a leap forward, in the schoolroom of infinity. The next step is to see our interconnectedness, our worthiness, the reality of unconditional Love and through surrender to Divine reality, take up our rightful place at the right hand of the Father as Co-creators of all that IS.

Our own I makes up part of all that I's, all the I's make up and co-create I'S. IS is the collective co-creation of every I. My I, your I, all the I's in all of creation and all of God, are All that IS.

Free Will is a gift and also a responsibility, we are meant to multiply our talents, and watch as our talents are multiplied by the Divine within. We are the source, the source is us. There is no separation in reality.

I AM the Ocean of All that IS expressing itSelf here Now in this world of form.

I am the space in the atoms, the Purity. I AM the formlessness that is the Allness. Infinite potentiality in the eternal Now.

Lift up a stone and I AM There.

We are One. Let the Life of Oneness that IS Divine Reality manifest through our four lower bodies and here into this world of form to bless all of Life and help all of creation awaken to it's own inner divinity.

We are not only spiritual Beings having a material experience. We are Divine Beings having a material experience. We are the One we have been waiting for. We are the Christ. We are the Buddha. We are the wave. We are the Ocean. We are the River of Life and we are here to BE More.

Last edited by 14 Chakras; 01-03-2010 at 02:06 AM.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:10 AM   #223
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Chakras View Post
Our "I" is not meant to disappear, simply to Be MORE.

the I in me is the same as the I in you

Namaste

the Immanence of I

I Am not going nor growing

I Am everything everywhere ever

I Am the Wishful Tree

Always Giving Always

I will make you ask if I want you to receive

you do not know who I Am

for you are not Me

but I Am you
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:58 AM   #224
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

The wave is just the wave until it subsides into the ocean

The enlightened being having transcended ego can say
"I am the totality all of it"
That is an experiential state which is not really describable. The moment words are use it is talked about it is not it. Subjective becomes objective --Duality -- me and my state.
The enlightened sage is clear that an ego less state is a reality which can not be spoken of.

A bird does not have a description of itself it goes goes about the business of being a bird -- naturally. It just is.
The caterpillar is not yet the butterfly but has the potential to fulfill its destiny, the question is when.

Think all this me can do is follow the teachings of those who have fulfilled their destiny on this earth and are now free of it. In this world but not of it.
Christ said "I have overcome the world"
Another word for it is Liberation.
we are pure unchanging. time less, immortal
The state appears to change but that is just perception. The chrysalis is shed the butterfly emerges, free of old limitations.
Its a mixed metephor but best I can do. Words cant be accurate.

chris

Last edited by greybeard; 01-03-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:05 AM   #225
ubiquitousquintessence
Avalon Senior Member

Hi greybeard/Chris!
Since I don't yet have the option to send Private Messages, I'll say this here.
Thank You! for the book recommendation. I originally came across "Power vs. Force" about 2 years ago, and nearly bought it then, but decided against it for some reason.
It turns out that NOW is the perfect time for me to read it, as it discusses some recent realizations I've had. So, like I said, Thanks a bunch!

And now, a little something from the book... "Power vs. Force" by David R. Hawkins
"Few people know what it is to live without fear - but beyond fear lies joy, as the meaning and purpose of existence becomes transparent.
Once this realization occurs, life becomes effortless and the sources of suffering dissolve; suffering is only the price we pay for our attachments."
ubiquitousquintessence is offline   Reply With Quote