Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Australia and New Zealand

Notices

Old 10-10-2008, 08:52 PM   #1
Tamarie
Avalon Senior Member

Default The Aussie Dollar

I"m trying to follow the economy news as best I can but perhaps I missed something...

Could someone please explain why our dollar is at .64 US cents? I thought that since the US economy is dying, our dollar would be worth MORE, not less.

Nobody that I know is able to answer this question, which is why I risk looking silly by posting it here!

Thanks (I think...)
Tamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Aussie Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamarie View Post
I"m trying to follow the economy news as best I can but perhaps I missed something...

Could someone please explain why our dollar is at .64 US cents? I thought that since the US economy is dying, our dollar would be worth MORE, not less.

Nobody that I know is able to answer this question, which is why I risk looking silly by posting it here!

Thanks (I think...)
Thank you for posting that querie Tamarie, let's look silly together. You beat me by about 10 seconds and I'd like to know the reason too. I'd been on the verge of buying stuff on the internet while the Aussie dollar was worth 90-odd cents US. Shan't be doing that now.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:35 PM   #3
justbe
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinty View Post
Thank you for posting that querie Tamarie, let's look silly together. You beat me by about 10 seconds and I'd like to know the reason too. I'd been on the verge of buying stuff on the internet while the Aussie dollar was worth 90-odd cents US. Shan't be doing that now.
There are a number of factors at play here. In times of economic uncertainty funds flow to safety, ie: US$, Gold. The aussie dollar is seen as a risky currency. Also the RBA has again lowered the interest rates by a full 1% which took the market by surprise and lower interest rates means lower $AUS. Also commodity prices have taken a tumble which has a direct relationship with the $AUS. Australia $ remains vulnerable as an exporter of commodities. As a result, this makes our resources very cheap currently, which could be all part of the plan. Hope this helps.
justbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:49 PM   #4
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbe View Post
There are a number of factors at play here. In times of economic uncertainty funds flow to safety, ie: US$, Gold. The aussie dollar is seen as a risky currency. Also the RBA has again lowered the interest rates by a full 1% which took the market by surprise and lower interest rates means lower $AUS. Also commodity prices have taken a tumble which has a direct relationship with the $AUS. Australia $ remains vulnerable as an exporter of commodities. As a result, this makes our resources very cheap currently, which could be all part of the plan. Hope this helps.
Ta, that makes sense.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:19 AM   #5
Tez
Retired Avalon Member

Lightbulb Re: The Aussie Dollar

Thanks for the info, you hadn't been alone in your thinking Tamarie and Brinty as i had been trying to figure out WHY myself and wondering why we seem to be so closely tied to the fall of the fall of US$, and hoping we haven't been sold out to the US as it increasingly appears to me.
Tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:02 PM   #6
P4BL0
Banned

Wink The Aussie Dollar

Last edited by P4BL0; 10-26-2009 at 07:47 AM.
P4BL0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:09 AM   #7
fawziya
Avalon Senior Member

I have become quickly educated on what money is...nothing, really. It's all a scam...The whole money system is a scam. For example, Did you know the (US) federal reserve is a system of private banks owned by the global elitists? Yes, the US figure head (Pres.) appoints the Fed Chair & the Reserve (which prints our dollars) is overseen by a committee of US government reps.

Check this out! Read about the Federal Reserve Act. Understand how my $100 is good as a loan to you for $100. However, if I DEPOSIT MY $100 INTO MY BANK (ACCOUNT), my bank may pay me some itsy, bitsy, tiny micro % of interest, but can expand MY $100 INTO "THEIR" $1,000! And, on top of that start charging some borrower at an interest rate of prime (2% now?) + whatever (maybe 6% - 25%) on the whole $1,000. How fair is that?

Check out David Icke's lastest book on the global conspiracy, which was published this year. Read the following about the REAL history of Africa, for instance. You'll be totally blown away.

Google this. I found the link on a post, here in Avalon, started 10-10-08 or 10-11-08 about Credo Mutwa. Fabulous, eloquently spoken, extremely intelligent and TRUE elder of wisdom.

Great Zulu Shaman and Elder
CREDO MUTWA
On Alien Abduction & Reptilians
A Rare, Astonishing Conversation
9/30/99 by Rick Martin
fawziya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:30 AM   #8
gordon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Tamarie, you would look more cute not silly. (((hugs to you))).
gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #9
wolfman
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamarie View Post

Thanks (I think...)
You can blame Japan for the Aussie dollar drop. I was in Sydney when the aussie dollar came down. The people in Japan (including the housewives) used to convert their YEN to Australian dollar and earn higher interest. what they did now was re-convert back the dollar to YEN (dumping the Australian Dollar back into the market), causing it to drop in value.

That was the start of it - last week
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:54 PM   #10
keria13
Avalon Senior Member

hello there

The answer is simple Aud Nzd where very highly levereged carry trades
They all were overbought since few years ( 2001 ), when the carry trades where unwinding they loose very fast (the same thing was last summer).

The problem is that Aud Nzd had very high interest rates and yen very low, so the greedy people ( funds ) where taking a lot of credit in cheap yen and buying NZD which was 8 % last year. When the cycle of making the rates higher finally ended in those countries their rates against all currencies particularly the yen where going down. Also note Aud is highly correlated to the SAP 500 which also is going down, beside that its commodity currency so its also very correlated to gold.

Remember currence should but most of the time dont reflect fundemantals especially in short term

Take care
keria13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:15 AM   #11
P4BL0
Banned

Wink The Aussie Dollar

Last edited by P4BL0; 10-26-2009 at 07:46 AM.
P4BL0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:34 AM   #12
vesta
Avalon Senior Member

Hi all,

You might be interested in checking out this thread - it gives the start of this weeks free fall after last wk's chaos offshore:

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6171

Blessings,

Vesta.
vesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:08 AM   #13
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Does anyone have any thoughts on what the world's financial position would be if there had never been the concept of a stock market?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:12 AM   #14
enemyofNWO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbe View Post

I may add to that the US dollar is no longer "Safety " . The US economy is going down , unemployment is rising , the US financial system in on the ropes . all the fundementals for the US economy are kaput and therefore ther is no reason fro the dollar to be at this level . Another country in exactly the same situation as the US , would have gone bust 40 years ago .. It is just manipulation of the markets . So in my opinion seeking "refuge " in the US dollar is just a useless act of short duration .
The currencies market are as manipulated as the market of gold and Silver
and if you do not believe so try to get those metals at the official quotes .
After the election in the US we will see ...
Escapee from OZ
enemyofNWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:34 AM   #15
ARE WE THERE YET
Avalon Senior Member

Spare a thought for us here in New Zealand.
Our dollar is at 54c to the U.S.

I don't get the who did what on what market when. I do get that paper money is worthless and when they run out cos they hid too much in their mattress we get less. I know that when they need more they just crank up the press and print it and when there isn't enough time to do that -they just type a number into a system and voila!! Money is everywhere. Its just that we have to sweat blood and tears to get our share. So therefore the U.S dollar is stronger because they are the super power and the elitists deem there dollar is stronger than our dollar even if ours are real and theirs is not.

Its not an economic accident it's a control leaver and they have the control.

We shouldn't have money -everything should be free and we should all ensure that every man woman and child have enough out of love for all
ARE WE THERE YET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:32 AM   #16
mulder

Considering how fast the $A fell compared to the $US, and co-incidentially there was a US election on, so the $US has "magically" risen. It shows manipulation so the American people think they've been saved by Obama. The real resson why its risen is so the illuminati can sell US assets for a good price (of course, trillions of dollars can't flood the market at once, so they have "waves" & the illuminati sell at the peak of the wave).
Traditionally, the $AU follows the price of gold, so if gold rises, so does our dollar. Experts are picking gold to double in 2009, so should our dollar. It could be wise the leave assets in Australia now & wait for it to rise before selling assets.