Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 10-15-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Should we have a World Currency?

This is a discussion about using the same currency
worldwide.

There are some saying there is to be forgiveness of
all debt and the implementation of a much
anticipated plan named NESARA.

Why would we want a global plan like this?

There are some saying that we should establish
local economies and local scrip, returning responsibility
to the local level.

Why would we want a local plan like this?

There is discussion around and about several of
these topics on this forum but none are a venue for
the direct comparison and debate of these two very
different ideologies.

It would be reasonable to assume that this forum has
members that are at opposite ends of this debate.

With the "financial movers and shakers" meeting about
the world's economy, there is no doubt in many of our
minds that skipping the Amero and Euro platforms and
moving directly into a world currency is one of their topics
of discussion.

Article: Financial Crisis is the Birth Pains of a New Currency
http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article6792.html

So, what is your opinion? Should the world move into
one currency or not?

Last edited by Waterman; 10-16-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #2
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Should we have a World Currency?

No.
the world should move into NO currency.
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
carcharodon
Avalon Senior Member

Well, a single currency means there's a central power controlling it, and whoever controls the currency controls the economy, and whover controls the global economy controls everything else. Lately we had a nr. of examples of what power abuse can result in.
carcharodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Waterman,

When I was in mainland Europe I really liked changing the different currencies and in places like Switzerland using currencies of bordering countries. I'd have three or four currencies in my wallet, which was a problem fo space with the Italian Lira.

Each country seemed to have its' own identity, its' own culture. I think, even though I haven't been back since the introduction of the Euro, that, that 'fun' I had would be lost and crossing borders will be a little boring (we Europeans don't even need to show a passport anymore). I imagine it would be easy to lose track on where you were!

I imagine all those little Bureaux de Change out of business. Did they all become Wendys' or Starbucks?

I know that globalization is important and that movement on this planet needs to be free, but there are some thing I consider sacred, and one of those things is the Coin of the Realm.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterman View Post
worldwide.

So, what is your opinion? Should the world move into
one currency or not?
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:20 PM   #5
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Well, well, look at this:

Financial Crisis: Gordon Brown calls for 'new Bretton Woods'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...ton-Woods.html

If you read this article you will find that IMF and worldbank came to life by Bretton Woods during WW II.

And we all know now what the economic hitman in Zeitgeist Addendum told us.

So it's the same trick again with the end result one world currency ... probably ?
Who knows ...

Cheers
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:38 PM   #6
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Operator,

The IMF and World Bank were set up to help war torn Europe after WWII. The didn't want a 'one world currency' as such, just kept exchange rates between participating countries within certain limits.

Later, when the economy of the world got better, the IMF started to finance loans to developing countries and the World Bank wouldn't help these countries (with even more loans) unless they were in hock with the IMF.

These loans were made with the agreement that these said countries gave up raw material, or sold it at very reduced prices to multinational companies (normally from the US). Now in Brazil, for example the majority of the problems in Amazônia is caused by said IMF.

I think that now the developing countries and their supporters are in a position to vote for another sort of IMF (it appears this one is on its' way out) if these countries could have all their debts wiped off the board, after all they have nothing to lose and the developed countries have everything to lose, especially the major powers.

But hey, I'm keeping my head down over here!

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator View Post
Well, well, look at this:

Financial Crisis: Gordon Brown calls for 'new Bretton Woods'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...ton-Woods.html

If you read this article you will find that IMF and worldbank came to life by Bretton Woods during WW II.

And we all know now what the economic hitman in Zeitgeist Addendum told us.

So it's the same trick again with the end result one world currency ... probably ?
Who knows ...

Cheers
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:46 AM   #7
Greg10036
Avalon Senior Member

No.
Greg10036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:09 AM   #8
adam
Avalon Senior Member

hello...

a one-world currency is highly improbable given the rampant nationalism that still exists in many parts of the world. the European Union is the only functional bloc that has pulled this off and much of that has to do with the unique history of Europe itself.

many countries would consider a currency forced upon them as a violation of sovereignty. just think about Latin America and the nationalism that surrounds soccer, let alone just about any other country in the world.

Ironically, we have had a one-world currency, to an extent as the US dollar was the global reserve currency after the Bretton Woods accord of 1944. It is still the reserve fiat currency today, however this will in all likelihood change soon and the opportunity for a great lesson will arise.

One may also look to China as an up and coming economic power in the world. Much of their success has been based upon controlling their exchange rate to ensure their exports remained cheap.

Even if a global currency was forced upon the entire world, hypothetically speaking, this system would quickly deform into regional trade blocs and regional informal currencies.

It boils down to an issue of enforcement.

Just my two globally hegemonic cents.
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:34 AM   #9
Angel in Disguise
Avalon Senior Member

Pardon me, it's been a rough day. However, no I do not belive we need a world currency. We shouldn't require ANY currency. Currency has ruined my life because TPTB have ruined my life thus far! I didn't ask to go to school to learn **** THEY wanted me to learn! And who wants to be born into a world where you spend 3/4's of your life doing what THEY want you to do?
We are a species are we not? Do you see any other species on the planet paying for their food and shelter? This system is bloody ridiculous, literally bloody from all angles and it needs to go!
Unfortunately people spend so much time debating as opposed to coming together and visualizing a more pleasant outcome that I am becoming more and more recluse. Like the other species, I think I'd be happier with a cave myself! Seriously... the duality, judgement, greed, deceit (and the list goes on and on) is just getting to be too much. For that huge long list of bad there's a one word answer to solve it... LOVE. Yet no one understands. If we put all our differences down and looked at what we faced straight in the eye as ONE... Do you know how powerful we would all be? Becoming equals and releasing the egos we could accomplish so much more. It's a sad state of affairs, it really is!

PS> I don't mean that to sound like an attack on anyone. I've just been reading too many condescending and bashing posts, forgive me. The negativity has blown out my happy candle momentarily

Last edited by Angel in Disguise; 10-16-2008 at 01:38 AM.
Angel in Disguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:36 AM   #10
Magii
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterman View Post
worldwide.

?

We already have 1 currency -

And we already have a centralized gov -

- just look at all the cordination for all the banking moves done together by many different country / states around da world ..

Magii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:52 AM   #11
Stabris8
Avalon Senior Member

Stabris8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:31 AM   #12
broken arrow
Avalon Senior Member

Last edited by broken arrow; 11-01-2008 at 04:30 AM.
broken arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:43 AM   #13
heck
Avalon Senior Member

I'm going to make a little fun...

http://www.buzzhumor.com/videos/3003...The_Daily_Show

For the record, I don't believe centralization is the answer until individual sovereignty is known and assured. I also would prefer to live in a world that transcends the need for money.
heck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:56 AM   #14
broken arrow
Avalon Senior Member

Last edited by broken arrow; 11-01-2008 at 04:30 AM.
broken arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:57 AM   #15
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

As long as goverments play the secretive games of manipulation, I do not feel
a one world currency will make a difference in improving the economic quality of life for the poor. Too many economic bullies in the worlds goverments. Third world countries have it far worse. The reality is that eventually money will be a thing of the past. High tech nano chips implants will be the new thing in about 20 to 30 yrs. Scary !!!
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:51 PM   #16
OceanWinds

economic policy has nothing to do with the intention of those given their places of power.

A single currency for the planet would bring us closer to world unity, and would make things much simpler so I am for it. HOWEVER, I would not want this power in any one nation, or a few mega trans-nationals, or more specifically... those who are degenerative in operation.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #17
Steve_G

I think a simple principle can be applied here:

What The Illuminati Want

1. One world government
2. One world currency
3. One world army
4. Population microchipped
5. No individual rights
6. People dumbed down to animal levels

They are all linked. At the moment a major obstacle to the microchip issue must be the lack of a world currency, considering that the chips are supposed to replace cash. If we have a single world currency that obstacle is removed.

Basically, if the Illuminati want it, it will NOT be good for us. Simple as that. So no, I think one world currency is a terrible idea because it will be an incredibly powerful system of control.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #18
divinethread
Avalon Senior Member

Even if we entertain the idea for a global currency, is it still going to be a fiat currency. So we haven't really changed anything just a new design.
If this new currency is backed by commodities then we have a problem because not all countries produce the same. But it could turn out to be a healthy competition, we know that's not going to happen.
If it is backed by gold reserves of each country but that would mean all gold mines will have to be nationalised. In US all gold mines are owned privately by south Africa's Gold monopolists. It gets mined in US and goes to South Africa.
MY personal choice would be 'back to Batter system and commodity or precious metals exchange'. And I mean it should be individual based system. Parties involved in the transaction should come to an independent agreement.
But that mean we will need loads of trust and honesty.
Well this is my opinion, who knows what will work.
divinethread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:01 PM   #19
FrostyMcunicron
Avalon Senior Member

Location: a box in the inner city w. a slight chance of suburbia New Jersey

OP in short.. NEVERR!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would rather die with pride before enabling some banker to get his/her rocks off to the tune of a one world gov.
FrostyMcunicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:09 PM   #20
Truth voice 2012
Avalon Senior Member

No. Of course we shouldnt. Money is easily used as a control mechanism just like any other. There shouldnt be any currency at all as far as I'm concerned.
Truth voice 2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:36 PM   #21
Luigis Mushroom
Avalon Senior Member

On one hand if countries were unified under one currency there'd be no devaluation between nations used to oppress third world countries. On the other hand if we're talking about monopoly money then some areas will get massive inflation and others won't which will create trade inbalance.
Luigis Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:44 PM   #22
SplatPantZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel in Disguise View Post
Pardon me, it's been a rough day. However, no I do not belive we need a world currency. We shouldn't require ANY currency. Currency has ruined my life because TPTB have ruined my life thus far! I didn't ask to go to school to learn **** THEY wanted me to learn! And who wants to be born into a world where you spend 3/4's of your life doing what THEY want you to do?
We are a species are we not? Do you see any other species on the planet paying for their food and shelter? This system is bloody ridiculous, literally bloody from all angles and it needs to go!
Unfortunately people spend so much time debating as opposed to coming together and visualizing a more pleasant outcome that I am becoming more and more recluse. Like the other species, I think I'd be happier with a cave myself! Seriously... the duality, judgement, greed, deceit (and the list goes on and on) is just getting to be too much. For that huge long list of bad there's a one word answer to solve it... LOVE. Yet no one understands. If we put all our differences down and looked at what we faced straight in the eye as ONE... Do you know how powerful we would all be? Becoming equals and releasing the egos we could accomplish so much more. It's a sad state of affairs, it really is!

PS> I don't mean that to sound like an attack on anyone. I've just been reading too many condescending and bashing posts, forgive me. The negativity has blown out my happy candle momentarily
Well said my friend.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:53 PM   #23
Scooby

Thats big feckin NO!!!! NO, NO, and err, NO!! It's the beginning of the end for US soveriegnty. We as Americans should take to the streets in the millions and say as much.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:00 AM   #24
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

To the OP. Only after the event of a New Paradigm for Hu-manity responsible and self-determined in total respect of freewill. And if this happens, will we need it?

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:12 AM   #25
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

Well it is my opinion that the next currency that will be seen in the USA is not the Amero but a world monetary system.

Again here is some news you may have already seen.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=11d_1224365393

And so what are the options if we don't want this system?
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new economy, world economy