Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Ufology

Notices

Old 12-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default 3 extensive UFO reports and interviews-Linda howe.

http://www.unknowncountry.com/media/
Dreamland audio on the texas sightings (this week).Approximately 1 hour into the above link.

http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?I...ry=Environment

More Ohio Eyewitnesses See Glowing “Pod” Rise Up to Triangle
© 2008 by Linda Moulton Howe

“The closer the glowing pod got (to the triangle craft),
you could see there was a bottom surface between the three bright
circular lights - a dark, charcoal grey or black - that had a rough
texture like burnt aluminum foil all crumpled up and you straighten it out.”
- Sarah, Security Guard, Empire and Stratton, Ohio

3:45 AM Eastern, October 23, 2008, Empire, Ohio,
on old Route 7, three-tenths of a mile north of truck driver
Tim Comstock's location on new Route 7. Sketch of unidentified
triangular aerial craft's “crumpled tinfoil” bottom
surface © 2008 by Sarah, Security Guard.

Cell phone image around 3:48 AM Eastern, October 23, 2008,
on Route 7 near W. H. Sammis coal power plant between Empire
and Stratton, Ohio, along Ohio River. Image © 2008 by Tim Comstock.

2:33 AM Eastern, November 2, 2008, glowing “pod” rose upward
and disappeared with triangle of lights near Midvale, Ohio, home.
Dark circles show position in daylight photo where lights were in night
sky as glowing, orange-yellow object moved upward. Photograph
and graphic illustration © 2008 by “Joy.”

December 12, 2008 Empire and Midvale, Ohio - During my late night October 23 to 24, 2008, news updates for Coast to Coast AM radio, in the last half-hour of live calls, a trucker named Tim Comstock phoned in. He was excited to tell us what he had seen at 3:45 AM on October 23, in Empire, Ohio - a triangular craft with glowing lights at the three corners above a glowing object that was rising up to the craft’s dark, crystalline surface. Tim took three photos of the objects on his cell phone, which I reported in an October 31, 2008, Earthfiles report. See: 103108 Earthfiles.

Since then, I have received more reports from Ohio residents provoked enough by Tim Comstock’s photographs at Earthfiles to contact me about their own sightings of the triangle and the very strange, glowing “pod,” or “cocoon” as Tim described it, rising up into the triangular craft.

Another eyewitness is a security guard I’ll call Sarah, who works in the Stratton and Empire, Ohio, region. The largest company there is the W. H. Sammis coal power plant. About 40 miles northeast are three other power plants owned and operated by FirstEnergy Corp. Two are nuclear stations at Beaver Valley Power Station and FENOC (FirstEnergy Nuclear Operating Co.), both in Shippingport on the Pennsylvania side of the Ohio River. The third First Energy company in Shippingport is the Bruce Mansfield Plant, First Energy's largest coal-fired power plant.

Far left red circle is Midvale in Tuscarawas County, Ohio, about an hour west of Empire and Stratton (middle red circle). The Ohio River separates Ohio from Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
Upstream from Empire and Stratton on the Ohio River at Shippingport, Pennsylvania
(far right red circle), are two nuclear power plants and one large coal power plant.

Sarah is 48-years-old, was born and raised in the Steubenville, Ohio, region north of Empire and has worked as a security guard the past eleven years. She was very surprised to learn about Tim Comstock’s October 23rd photographs because three months earlier in the first week of August 2008, Sarah was on security duty around midnight when she saw a triangle pattern of lights, “just like the one in Tim Comstock’s photos.” And she watched again on October 23rd at 3:45 AM Eastern. While Tim Comstock had slowed his big truck down to about two miles an hour on new Route 7 south of Empire to watch the amazing lights and snap images on his cell phone, Sarah was about three-tenths of a mile further north on old Route 7 watching the exact same phenomenon from a different angle. Sarah describes the large triangular craft she has seen, beginning with her first August sighting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interviews:

Sarah, Security Guard, Empire and Stratton, Ohio: “The first time I saw the triangular shape of lights was in the beginning of August 2008. I was at work. I was sitting at our north gate. My dad always taught me you can learn many things looking at the sky, so I’m a sky watcher. I was looking at the different stars and in this one section of sky above the plant, the stars just suddenly seemed to disappear. As I was watching, there were these three, bright, yellowish-white lights that appeared. They were in a triangular pattern. You couldn’t see any 3-dimensional form to it. There were just the three lights. Those three lights hovered for a while. They would get bright and then they would go a little duller like they would have a little bit of orange mixed into them.

They hovered for a while and then it moved straight up in the sky and it moved towards the east. Then it stopped and started to go north and then zigzagged from west to east and then it took off straight up. It was almost faster than your eyes could follow it.

DO YOU REMEMBER THE DATE IN AUGUST?

I believe it was like August 5 or 6, right around midnight. But at that time in August, it did not have the 3-D pod under it. It didn’t have that in August. And there was one person who was working that night, who said they had seen something, but they were up a little further north than I was. They said they saw something block out the stars and there were bright lights.”

3:45 AM, October 23, 2008
Sarah Also Sees Glowing “Pod”
Rising Toward Triangle of Lights

Sarah didn’t talk to anyone else about the early August sighting of the triangle pattern of lights that moved so strangely. But three months later at 3:45 AM on October 23, 2008, not only was she seeing the triangle pattern of round lights again, but rising below the triangular aircraft was a mysterious, large, orange-yellow, glowing object that she refers to as a “pod.” Truck driver Tim Comstock felt the rising, glowing object was somehow alive and organic and called it a “cocoon.” Tim could not stop his truck and never saw what happened when the glowing cocoon, or pod, reached the triangle of lights. But Sarah did and now continues her description of what happened after she again saw stars disappearing in the sky.

Sarah: “This sketch is when I first saw the triangle of lights and the orange-yellow,
3-D pod coming up from out of the trees. At first I thought that the pod was the moon coming up.
The only problem was that this is West and the moon comes up in the East. The three whitish-blue,
circle lights were super bright like looking into a spot light up close.” Sketch © 2008 by Sarah.

Sarah: “I was doing a patrol down at our abandoned Toronto plant. I was coming northbound on old Route 7 looking at the sky and I noticed that the stars were disappearing. I pulled off to the side of the road and I noticed these three, really bright, lights. They were circular shaped and they were almost like looking into a spotlight. There were three round lights in a triangular pattern and it just hovered above the trees and there was this pod, like a 3-D (3-dimensional) pod shape that was a bright, yellowish-orange that was rising up. It came from the trees and went up towards the triangular shaped object.

The closer the glowing pod got (to the triangle craft), you could see there was a bottom surface between the three bright circular lights - a dark, charcoal grey or black - that had a rough texture like burnt aluminum foil all crumpled up and you straighten it out.

Sarah: “This is a drawing of the underside of the craft that looked something like burnt and
crumpled aluminum foil after you tried to straighten it back out.” Sketch © 2008 by Sarah.

SO KIND OF A CRYSTALLINE, CRINKLY SURFACE?

Yes.

I WONDER IF COULD DESCRIBE THE POD A LITTLE MORE IN TERMS OF COLOR, WHAT EXACTLY YOU ARE SEEING AND WHAT HAPPENS AS IT RISES TOWARD THE TRIANGULAR CONFIGURATION OF LIGHTS?

The bottom of it almost looked like if you were looking at the bottom of a boat – like it’s an oval, but has a ridge through the middle of it. It kind of looked like that and then was kind of squared off further up. From the way I was looking at it, it almost looked like a bright, yellowish-orange in color.

Sarah: “This is a sketch of the triangular craft's bottom surface between the three
circular lights I could see as the glowing pod was getting closer to it. The bottom was like a mix
of charcoal grey and black in color. The texture looked almost like burnt, crumpled foil that someone
had tried to straighten out. It was one of the strangest sights I have ever seen.” Sketch © 2008 by Sarah.

Sarah: “This sketch is what the 3-D pod looked like to me.
I did have a strange feeling all the time that it was in the sky. The feelings
disappeared after the craft was out of sight.” Sketch © 2008 by Sarah.

HOW FAR DO YOU THINK YOU WERE FROM THAT RISING COCOON OR POD IN RELATIONSHIP TO WHERE TIM COMSTOCK WAS?

From there, I was probably three-tenths of a mile further north from where he was.
The 3-D pod kept rising up. I never saw an opening in the bottom of the craft. But it was as the pod got closer, it was like the triangular craft sucked it in. I can’t explain. It was just like the pod suddenly disappeared. And then the bright lights hovered there for a few minutes and then they just shot up!

“Not from this Earth!”

INTUITIVELY, DID YOU HAVE ANY INSTINCT ABOUT WHAT YOU WERE WATCHING?

At first, no. When I first saw the lights, I wasn’t sure what it was. But when I saw the 3-D pod shape coming up and it was not like anything I have ever seen.

MEANING THAT THE GLOWING OBJECT WAS RISING INTO THAT CRAFT THAT HAD THE THREE TRIANGULAR LIGHTS?

Yes. My immediate thought was that I had just witnessed another UFO.

NOT FROM THIS PLANET?

No. Wholeheartedly, I believe that triangular craft and pod were not from this Earth!

YOU SAY THAT BECAUSE?

Just by the feeling I got and the way it looked. I had never seen anything like that before. I had a strange feeling. You could tell by looking at it that it was not from the Earth. I have seen different airplanes and I just got this weird, almost like a tingling feeling, almost like when you know someone is watching you, but you can’t see them? It was almost like that feeling. That whole feeling quit as soon as the triangular-shaped craft disappeared, shot off. Then it was like everything went back to normal again.

IN YOUR SECURITY WORK, DID YOU GET ON THE PHONE TO ANYBODY ABOUT THIS?

I didn’t get on the phone. I was driving and went straight up to the next gate going in and asked the guard there, ‘Did you see that thing in the sky?’ And they said, ‘What?’ I asked, ‘You didn’t see the lights?’ And they said, ‘No.’

I looked south from where the guard shack was and there is a bend where one hill is coming down and then a valley and another hill. The other hill is where the lights were. So from the guard shack, they weren’t going to see anything.

Cont.on link above.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=1506&category=Environment

Erath County, Texas, Policeman Saw 600-Foot-Diameter
Aerial Craft Over Stephenville Court House

“I’m looking directly at this craft and it starts pivoting upward
at a 35 to 40 degree angle off the left ‘wingtip.’ It rises there for about
three seconds and then it goes completely 90 degrees and starts moving
away from me, all without sound!” - “Greg,” Erath County Police Officer

January 8, 2008, between 7 PM and 7:30 PM Central, hovering over Erath County
Courthouse, Stephenville, Texas. Graphic illustration produced from eyewitness testimony
of three Erath County police officers. Provided to Earthfiles by officer Greg.

Red star marks position of Erath County Courthouse
at 100 W. Washington Street in Stephenville, Texas.

Erath County, Texas, was established January 25, 1856.
The county seat is Stephenville and the Erath County Courthouse
above was completed in 1893. Image courtesy TXGenWebProject.

December 17, 2008 Stephenville, Texas - Almost one year ago, at the end of January 2008, I flew to Texas to talk with eyewitnesses and see videotapes, photos and sketches of the many unidentified aerial craft sightings reported that month over Stephenville, Dublin, Selden, Glen Rose and surrounding region. That group of rural towns is southwest of Dallas/Fort Worth. One eyewitness in January was Lee Roy Gaitan, Erath County Constable for Precinct 2, officed in Dublin, a town of about 4,000 people only eight miles southwest of Stephenville. Stephenville is the larger Erath County seat with about 15,000 residents.

Strange aerial phenomena have been concentrated since January 1, 2008,
in the triangular region of small Texas towns southwest of Fort Worth. Stephenville
is the county seat of Erath County, Texas, population about 15,000. Dublin is about eight
miles southwest and has a population of 3,754. Straight east of Dublin about ten miles is Selden
with a full time population of about seven. Other strange aerial lights have been seen in Glen Rose.

Lee Roy Gaitan had watched from his Dublin, Texas, home as a disc-shaped object was spinning and as Lee Roy put it, throwing off different colors in the sky. But the most dramatic incidents he described were the close-up encounters of three fellow police officers from Erath County between 7 to 7:30 PM, on January 8, 2008. That was the first well-publicized night that made national and international news after three dozen people reported spinning lights, lights jumping around and even aerial craft seeming to change shapes, morphing in the sky.

Lee Roy told me that none of the Erath County police officers would speak on the record because each was afraid of losing his job, or public ridicule, or both. Lee Roy told me he had also heard that “someone” in military authority wanted to see a dash cam video that the Sheriff was holding from one of the officer’s patrol cars. But when Stephenville reporter, Angelia Joiner, finally was given a copy of the alleged dash cam video by the Erath County Sheriff’s office, the tape did not show the dramatic events described by the officers. So far no answers to speculation that the original videotape was suppressed.

Now, for the first time, I have been able to interview one of those police officers. He still wants to withhold his name to protect his identity and asked me to call him “Greg” for my news report. Here now is Erath County police officer, Greg, describing what he saw with his own eyes in downtown Stephenville, Texas, between 7 PM and 7:30 PM on January 8, 2008.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interview:

Police Officer “Greg,” Erath County, Stephenville, Texas: “It was January 8, 2008. I had just come on duty. I work a 12-hour shift from 7 PM to 7 AM. I was driving towards the east on South Loop, which is a loop that loops around the city of Stephenville. I was starting to crest the top of a railroad overpass. As I got to the top of that overpass, it’s raised quite a bit. I can see half the way across town from atop the overpass. I was looking to my left towards downtown and the Erath County Courthouse (100 W. Washington). And I saw a large, rectangular, black object, just slowly moving towards the Courthouse. I saw it for maybe three to four seconds.

Then I went down the crest of the hill and I thought to myself that it was a rather large aircraft of some kind. I’ve never seen anything that low moving that slow. It concerned me for a minute. I thought that maybe we have a commercial airliner trying to land at our little airport that can’t support that (an aerial craft so large). So, I went further down the South Loop and got to about Lillian Street and looked towards the Courthouse again. I had a pretty good view. It’s winter. It’s January. There was no foliage on the trees and I saw this large craft hovering above the Courthouse about 200 feet above the ground.

Officer Greg first saw huge craft above Erath County Courthouse in Stephenville (red star)
from the intersection of the railroad track and W. South Loop (far left red circle). Greg traveled
east past S. Lillian St (2nd red circle) to the city park bridge (3rd red circle) and finally
to the intersection of S. Graham Street and South Loop (4th red circle).

I went further down to the city park bridge on South Loop. It’s a very large, open area. From there I had an unobstructed view of the Courthouse and there was this craft hovering there. It had two large headlights, like on a car. These headlights were about 35 feet in diameter. The brightness coming off of them was similar to a xenon headlight. Those lights were a couple hundred feet apart. The whole craft from the left to the right – I would call ‘wingtip to wingtip’ – was about 600 feet across. And it looked like it was longer back than that.

Profile of 600-foot-diameter, silent craft hovering over Erath County Courthouse in
Stephenville, Texas around 7 PM Central, January 8, 2008. Computer graphic illustration based
on eyewitness testimony of three Erath County police officers and provided by officer Greg.

HOW HIGH DO YOU THINK THIS CRAFT WAS ABOVE YOU?

Above me, I would say 200 feet.

SO VERY CLOSE.

And distance away from me, I would say a quarter-mile or less.

LOW, A QUARTER-MILE AWAY. YOU ARE JUDGING THIS ENORMOUS SIZE OF 600 FEET IN DIAMETER AND 35-FOOT-DIAMETER HEADLIGHTS COMPARED TO WHAT AROUND YOU GAVE YOU THAT JUDGMENT?

The Courthouse itself and the area where it was – I could go back and walk block for block and get a good measurement of the size of the thing. To me, it looked like you could put four or five commercial aircraft wingtip-to-wingtip across the front of it. It was that large!

AT THAT POINT, IS IT COMPLETELY STATIONARY?

Yes, not moving. I reached over and grabbed my camera. I swiveled the head around and looked in my viewfinder. All I got was washout on the windshield and also the bracing on the window from the hood down to the dashboard was right in the way. I was in the left hand lane, so I couldn’t stop. There were cars behind me and beside me. I really wanted to stop and turn my car towards it and film it, but I couldn’t. It was too dangerous for me to do that.

So, I proceeded up to Graham Street and made a left. At Graham Street, when I turned, I’m looking directly at this craft and it starts pivoting upward at a 35 to 40 degree angle off the left ‘wingtip.’ It rises there for about three seconds and then it goes completely 90 degrees and starts moving away from me, all without sound!

IF I UNDERSTAND, YOU ARE SAYING THE HUGE AERIAL CRAFT PIVOTED FROM ONE WINGTIP UP 45 DEGREES AND THEN A FULL 90 DEGREES WITHOUT THE WINGTIP POSITION MOVING?

cont.on link above.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?I...ry=Environment
Updated: Strange Lights Chased by Jets Again October 29,
Over Stephenville, Texas, and Crystalline Triangle in Ohio

“As the large white-orange object was rising up,
it looked like it was going into the center of the triangle of blue lights. ”
- Tim Comstock, Ohio Truck Driver

Cell phone image around 3:48 AM, October 23, 2008 (date correction),

October 31, 2008 Stephenville, Texas - Every day since October 23, I have been receiving reports of unusual aerial lights in different regions of the United States, including Stephenville, Texas. Eyewitnesses describe patterns of lights in straight lines that change to vertical lines; or straight lines that change to triangular patterns; or spinning discs shooting off spirals of light; or pulsing red-orange lights; or even a huge, flat triangle-shaped craft apparently lifting a large, glowing object from a hill near Empire, Ohio.

On October 29, I was scheduled to interview Jason Rowland who lives in Granbury, Texas. He and his wife had been in Stephenville (about 30 miles southwest of Granbury) on both October 28 and October 29, to sky watch for strange lights since so many Stephenville residents had been reporting aerial lights and jets chasing them since October 23. He was going to tell me about bright, white aerial lights he and his family saw evenly spaced in a straight line on Tuesday, October 28. But when I called him to do the October 29, interview at 8 PM, he and his wife were outside in Stephenville and excited right then about seeing more odd lights with jets speeding toward them.

Interview:

Jason Rowland, Stephenville, Texas: “We started seeing those lights again tonight (Oct. 29, 2008, at 8 PM Central). There’s a main one sitting way above all of them. And we saw all the fighter jets come over. They’ve got the blinking lights on them. And the jets meet up with the lights and they are gone! This one was horizontal this time and they flash on like headlights on a car, like they turn off and on. It’s like you’ll see, Boom! You’ll see three or four lights in a horizontal fashion that turn back off. Then it turns back on and it (lights) are on a vertical fashion. Then we see all the military personnel (in jets) going out towards this main thing (big light). There is like one big one in the sky, bright light. And then there is another one below it that is red and all the military personnel (in jets) started going towards that (red) one. I mean, they made contact with it. And they were gone! I know they (jets) did (make contact) because I saw the jets go right to it (red light).

THE JETS MADE LIKE COLLISION CONTACT WITH THESE LIGHTS?

I don’t know about collision contact, but they (jets) went right to it (red light below big white light) and then all of a sudden their flashing lights (of jets) were gone. And I know it was our military because our military (jets) have flashing lights. I know from being in the Marine Corps that our plane lights flash off and on.

WERE THERE ALSO FOUR CAR LIGHT-LOOKING LIGHTS IN A ROW?

There were four at one time and there was two and then it went back to three again.

THE LIGHTS WOULD FLASH OFF AND THEN END UP IN A VERTICAL LINE?

Right.

AND COME BACK TO A HORIZONTAL LINE?

Right.

Lights and Jets Also Over Granbury, Texas

Now my brother is seeing it in Granbury above his house. And we saw some weird stuff like big, ol’ circular fashion come off the big, huge, bright light. It looked almost like laser spinning, like a blade coming off of there (big white light). It (spinning laser-looking)was way bigger than than the light. My Mom called me and said – she was freaking out – ‘Craig, there’s one over his house (Jason’s brother). There are military jets all around it! So he (Craig, brother) called me and said, ‘Yeah, there’s one above my house and military jets are around it.’ He’s in Granbury and I’m in Stephenville.

THAT’S ABOUT HOW MANY MILES APART?

About 30 miles.

Granbury is half way between Stephenville and Fort Worth, Texas.
Granbury has also had several reports of mutilated half-cats in 2007.

COMPARE WHAT YOU ARE SEEING TONIGHT WITH WHAT YOU SAW LAST NIGHT (OCTOBER 28).

Same thing.”

Seven nights earlier on Tuesday, October 23, 2008, phones at the Stephenville Empire-Tribune and local law enforcement really began to ring. See: 102808Earthfiles.

3:45 AM, October 23, 2008, Empire, Ohio

Date correction, not October 24, in e-mail from Tim Comstock: “I'm sorry if there is some confusion. The day and time of the sighting was almost exactly 24 hours before I called Coast to Coast AM. It was at 3:45 AM the previous morning (October 23). The confusion may be from working 14 hour days with one day consisting of the combination of two calender days. My concept of dates or days of the week sometimes suffers as a result.”

Empire is a small town in Jefferson County, Ohio, near the Ohio River (red star),
east of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. In the 2000 census, Empire's population was 300.

Seven hours after Brent Chambers and so many other eyewitnesses in the Stephenville region watched between 8 PM and 9 PM so many strange, unidentified aerial lights, hundreds of miles away near Empire, Ohio – a very small town of 300 people west of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – 32-year-old truck driver, Tim Comstock, was driving on Route 7 at 3:45 AM on October 23, when he encountered an aerial display that elated him with its beauty, but the mystery of what exactly happened still haunts him.

Interview:

Tim Comstock, Truck Driver, Waynesburg, Ohio: “As I was driving along the route, I noticed there were a couple of cars along side the road with their lights still on. People were standing outside their car and that peeked my curiosity about what was going on. I looked in the direction that they were looking, which was toward the top of a rather large hill. I looked up and there was a very bright object just above the tree level. I can’t really say for sure what it was because I’ve never seen anything like it. It seemed self-luminescent. It was about the size of a large pickup truck and it was very bright whenever I looked at it. That’s really what caught my attention.

COLORS?

It was a white light with a little bit of orange inside of it. It had a little bit of red and the shape just seemed so strange to me because it seemed like a biological shape. As I watched that shape, it was rising upward. As I looked above that, I saw a pattern of three bluish-colored lights. They weren’t flickering like a star. They were in some kind of sequence, but they were all in tune with each other. They were very large lights. They were definitely not stars.

As the large white-orange object was rising up, it looked like it was going into the center of the triangle of blue lights. At first glance when I saw the triangle of lights and rising, glowing object, I could not process what was going on.

Three Cell Phone Images
Sony Ericsson Slider Phone 3 megapixels

Cell phone image No. 1, 3:45 AM, October 23, 2008 (date correction), on Route 7
near W. H. Sammis coal power plant between Empire and Stratton, Ohio, along Ohio River.
Image © 2008 by Tim Comstock.

Cell phone image No. 2, two minutes later around 3:47 AM, October 23, 2008 (date correction),

Cell phone image No. 3, another minute later around 3:48 AM, October 23, 2008 (date correction),

As the white-orange object got closer to the triangle of lights, I could see from reflected light that the underside of the inside of the triangle pattern of blue lights was one object - one very, very large object. When I saw it with my naked eye, I saw the bottom of the craft and it looked like it was very flat. There might have been some features like whenever you crack open a piece of coal, there’s some crystalline structure to it. But beyond that, there was no visible doors or windows or anything like that.

DO YOU MEAN YOU ARE SEEING A CRYSTALLINE STRUCTURE IN 3-DIMENSIONAL CRYSTALS IN THE BOTTOM OF THE CRAFT?

Nothing was protruding. It was just a pattern that emerged, something like a crystalline structure, but a flat crystalline structure. Like in a cracked open piece of coal, you can see the structure, but there is not much 3-D texture to it.

WHAT WAS THE COLOR OF THE CRYSTALLINE STRUCTURE?

It seemed to be a very dark grey or black. I guess that’s why I would relate it to a piece of coal.

SO, IF YOU WERE SEEING WHITE, YELLOW, RED AND ORANGE, WHERE ARE THEY EMANATING FROM THE CRYSTALLINE, DARK, COAL-LIKE SURFACE?

The crystalline structure was reflecting the light from the object below it. That’s what I believe, but I can’t wrap my head around this thing completely. If I were to draw a conclusion, I would say the colors were from the object that was lighting the bottom of the crystalline craft as it was rising.

SO, THE FIRST THING THAT YOU SAW WAS THE LARGELY WHITE, ORGANIC-LOOKING, MOVING OBJECT THAT HAD YELLOW, RED AND ORANGE TINGES IN IT AND IT WAS RISING UPWARD. AS IT ROSE, YOU BECAME AWARE OF THE TRIANGLE OF THE BLUISH-WHITE, ROUND LIGHTS THAT ARE IN YOUR PHOTO.

Right.

cont.on link above.

Last edited by Antaletriangle; 12-18-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #2
elsinorelore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 3 extensive UFO reports and interviews-Linda howe.

Thanks for all the great info. once again Antaletriangle! Very, very interesting stuff!!!
elsinorelore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #3
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 3 extensive UFO reports and interviews-Linda howe.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/85421
Year of UFOs in Stephenville ending with more sightings
Steve Hammons

Hammons was born and raised in the Cincinnati area and southwestern Ohio's Indiana-Kentucky border region. He has worked as a researcher, journalist, instructor, counselor, juvenile probation peace officer and public safety urgent response specialist. He graduated from Ohio University with studies in communication (journalism focus) and health education (psychology focus). Ohio U. is home of the prestigious Scripps College of Communication and E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. In his two novels, MISSION INTO LIGHT and the sequel LIGHT'S HAND, a San Diego-based joint-service military and intelligence team of ten women and men research emerging special topics. This "Joint Recon Study Group" follows paths of discovery to help create a better world. Book, TV and film rights are available. Hammons' movie screenplay combines both novels. To visit his Joint Recon Study Group blog, click the Web link below.

December 18, 2008
(This article originally appeared on the Joint Recon Study Group and Transcendent TV sites.)

It looks like nearly the entire year of 2008 was filled with UFOs and other unusual goings-on in the town of Stephenville and Erath County, Texas.

As late as Oct. 23, people in Erath County were still spotting very odd lights and an object hovering in the sky.

A newspaper report in the Abilene Reporter-News on Nov. 20 quoted local resident Michael Corn, 27, who said he saw a bright object in the sky as he stepped outside of his home.

In a Reporter-News article by Angelia Joiner, Corn was quoted as saying, "It looked really close to Stephenville, like it was almost over the courthouse."

Corn, a military veteran, described amber-orange lights that pulsed right to left.

"I could see the bottom of the object from the illumination of those lights and the city lights. The bottom (of the object) looked smooth," Joiner quoted Corn as saying.

"There is no way you could be outside and look up in the sky and not notice this thing. It was just weird," he said.

After watching the object for 15 seconds or so, it disappeared, making no sound.

Corn told Joiner, "It just vanished."

Ashley Couch, Corn's girlfriend, saw the same thing and said, "It reminded me of a carousel lying over on its side," according to Joiner's report.

Several other witnesses in the area also reported seeing the same strange lights and local police told Joiner they received approximately 10 calls about sightings that night.

JANUARY IN STEPHENVILLE

The year 2008 started out like any other for most people in Erath County.

However, in January several reliable local residents contacted the Stephenville Empire-Tribune newspaper to report seeing things in the sky that they could not explain.

At the time, reporter Joiner worked at the paper.

Local resident Ricky Sorrells had experienced a close encounter that while hunting in the woods. A massive metallic-like object hovered directly over him, then took off in the blink of an eye.

Steve Allen, a pilot and respected businessman, also saw a huge UFO with friends while they sat around a campfire. It was so dramatic they were a bit shook up by it.

Dozens of other citizens eventually came forward, including several law enforcement officers.

County Constable Lee Roy Gaitan was one of the peace officers who stepped forward early in the sightings, reporting that he and his young son saw strange light patterns in the night sky.

Soon, the Associated Press, CNN and other national and international media were following the Stephenville UFO story. Surprisingly to many, the press covered the situation in a mostly serious, responsible and professional way.

Then, the Erath County incidents took some unexpected and somewhat ominous turns.

Witness Sorrells said he received calls telling him to stop talking to the press. He said helicopters were buzzing his rural home at all hours of the night and a menacing intruder approached his home in the early morning hours.

Joiner left the Stephenville newspaper after management there apparently became concerned that reports on the UFO sightings were overshadowing more routine area news coverage.

However, she continued to report on the situation as a writer for a Web site and a reporter for a local radio station.

LOCAL PEACE OFFICERS

By February, Joiner obtained information indicating that law enforcement officers in the region had videotape of unusual objects taken by patrol car "dashcams."

In addition to Constable Gaitan, Sgt. Jim Clifton of the Erath County Sheriff Department came forward to say that he, too, had seen unusual phenomena in the sky during the same time frame.

He provided details to Joiner for her reports.

Then, Mike Zimmerman, a retired veteran officer of 25 years with the Texas Department of Public Safety who served on the protective detail for five Texas governors came forward.

Zimmerman told Joiner that he also saw things in the sky he could not explain and described them.

Another local officer, who Joiner identified as "Officer X" told her that he had clocked one low-flying UFO with his radar gun used to ticket speeders.

The UFO was moving at 27 miles per hour, Officer X stated.

There were indications that other local officers had also seen things but they preferred to keep a low profile.

MUFON INVESTIGATES

Among the journalists, researchers and possibly other people discreetly nosing around Erath County, the respected group Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) was also conducting an investigation.

MUFON set up meetings where witnesses could come forward and be interviewed. Dozens did speak with MUFON investigators.

When an initial report was later issued by the organization, some people were disappointed. The report indicated that some people may have seen natural phenomena and misinterpreted it, though many witnesses appeared to believe they saw something very unnatural. The report seemed inconclusive.

But in July, a second MUFON report was issued based on radar data from the region in question for the night of Jan. 8, 2008. MUFON representatives Glen Schulze and Robert Powell obtained radar information through the filing of 10 requests through the federal Freedom of Information Act.

Information from the radar data indicated there was a very unusual unidentified object or craft in the area and apparently unusual military aircraft activity.

The unidentified anomalous object had traveled within 10 miles of the Bush ranch at nearby Crawford.

WHAT'S NEXT?

Things seemed to quiet down quite a bit in Erath County in the second half of 2008. There were no mass sightings and the media coverage gradually declined, though the Stephenville, Texas, story was sometimes referenced in various TV shows and media reports.

Documentary TV crews still visited, as did other researchers.

And who knows what kinds of government agents might have been lingering around Erath County?

It seemed clear that the early 2008 UFO "flap" in Stephenville would go down as one of the noteworthy events in UFO history and research.

Things were calming down and getting back to normal – until the Oct. 23 sighting that is.

Maybe local residents and the media are so used to UFOs in the Stephenville area that it no longer surprises anyone.

A handful of reliable people see a large object the size of two buses with large, bright pulsing lights hovering near the courthouse? So, what else is new?

Hey, this is Stephenville and Erath County – home of dairy cows, Dr. Pepper and UFOs. What do you expect?

If 2009 brings more unusual activity to Earth County, at least local residents and public safety personnel will be more prepared.

Regional residents have their new cameras. Law officers have their dashcams and radar guns ready to go. National and international media representatives know where the good inns and restaurants are.

The Stephenville UFO sightings may turn out to be an ongoing story.

And there may be another chapter yet to come.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote