Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > United States

Notices

Old 09-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #26
jonathan Burke
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Southcentral Kansas

That's right near macon right?

Jonathan
jonathan Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:16 PM   #27
strayslack
Avalon Senior Member

Precisely near Macon.
strayslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:20 AM   #28
student of creation

topeka ks here i just have some food and a water filter bottle. (no guns) i'd love to prepare more but i don't have much money.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:17 PM   #29
Blufire77
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: Southcentral Kansas

Okay everyone lets roll our sleeves up and get something done !!!!!!!

It looks as if the Kansas City area is fairly central to most of us. Let's brainstorm on meeting this weekend September 20 or 21 (as well as other dates) and a place to meet.

Start thinking and writing down things we should talk about.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete." R. Buckminister Fuller

"If you are not riding out to meet your destiny you will be stampeded by fate" unknown
Blufire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:13 AM   #30
ja_v02

Kansas city, KS here, I don't know much about farming, but I am a medical student graduating soon, I would love to meet with people of like mind and that want great things for this planet as the shift approaches, where can we meet? Great idea Bluefire

Last edited by ja_v02; 09-19-2008 at 04:25 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:34 AM   #31
pilot
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Wichititians??

Hey there, I'm in Ponca City, OK...even closer than KC! I'm sure you are the closest to me. I get up there once in a while, how about you guys? A lot of people come down here from Kansas for the gambling

Anyway glad to see you guys are around!
pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:00 PM   #32
student of creation

wheels not so good don't think that i could make it to kc. i do have a bit of a green thumb.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:52 PM   #33
jonathan Burke
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: Southcentral Kansas

Ok, I'll act as the committee Chairman for the KC and surrounding area meetup this weekend. lol

Let's meet at 75th Street Brewery in Kansas City off of Wornall on , yes, 75th street!

I'll arrange for the private party room in the back so we can hear each other. lease let everyone you know that is interested. Time of the meeting will be 6:00 to 9:00ish PM, if it goes longer, great!

Bring your laptops if you have something to share. If anyone has a digital recorder with USB capability or camcorder and tripod to record the conversation, please let me know so we can post it for those who are unable to attend. Thank you.

Drop me a line here on the forum if you're bringing one to avoid multiple instances.

Leave a message on here if you are able to attend or if you're unable to attend. As well, what would be a convenient time in the future for you.

I really look forward to meeting you all!

Jonathan

Call me if you need to:816-724-5120

Last edited by jonathan Burke; 09-20-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:35 AM   #34
Blufire77
Avalon Senior Member

Jonathan

It was great chatting with you!!

I hope we get the five or so people needed to make the meeting worth while tomorrow (Sunday) night. Count me in!

Thanks for stepping up to the plate and getting things going. I’m here to support you in any way I can.

75th Street Brewery what a superb idea!
Old 09-21-2008, 04:43 PM   #35
Blufire77
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: Southcentral Kansas

It is obvious by the number of views that there are a lot of people here in the Kansas City/Midwest area that are at least interested in forming communities.

We Midwesterners seem to be stuck in the beginning of the first steps. Could it be some of that Missouri type stubbornness and “The Show Me “attitude?? Perhaps we are just a little less farther along in the “acknowledging and accepting “phase of what truly is happening. Perhaps some are “put off” by some of the threads or think some of the people here on PA are just a little too strange? Maybe you don’t think you have anything to bring to the table as far as skills or attributes.

We have to meet each other halfway. Trust and faith in each other are huge steps in forming successful communities or at least a good place to begin. We will need people of all types, ages, skills . . . . the more diversity we have the more successful we can be. Because our foundation will be formed on hope, love, compassion, vision, excitement, adventure, strength, and positive, exceptional transformation. These are just a few I can think of . . . . add some more!!

Let’s start a dialogue of your concerns about getting together. You can do this anomalously here on this site. I am reaching out a hand to you and I don’t bite!
Old 09-21-2008, 06:27 PM   #36
jonathan Burke
Avalon Senior Member

Due to the lack of response on a meeting of local and area group members I have decided to reschedule the meeting at the 75th Street Brewery in Kansas City to next Saturday, the 27th of September at 6PM.

Hope to see you there!

Jonathan
Old 09-22-2008, 02:18 AM   #37
strayslack
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan Burke View Post
Due to the lack of response on a meeting of local and area group members I have decided to reschedule the meeting at the 75th Street Brewery in Kansas City to next Saturday, the 27th of September at 6PM.

Hope to see you there!

Jonathan
It's looking fairly likely that I'll be making it to this meeting. I might possibly be bringing a friend, one who does film work. What are your thoughts on having him film the meeting?
Old 09-22-2008, 02:21 AM   #38
Blufire77
Avalon Senior Member

I'm in for this weekend and maybe a couple of friends!

Everyone take care this week and hold on to your back-sides!

peace
Old 09-22-2008, 02:38 AM   #39
jonathan Burke
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strayslack View Post
It's looking fairly likely that I'll be making it to this meeting. I might possibly be bringing a friend, one who does film work. What are your thoughts on having him film the meeting?

Sounds great!

Jonathan
Old 09-22-2008, 03:38 PM   #40
Wid
Avalon Senior Member

It would be nice to meet up with you guys. I almost thought i missed it. I was glad bill and kerry sent that admin e-mail restating the mission of PA.

I was a little disheartened by some of the posts being made on the site.

I will have to look at my budget, again, it would be an honor to meet up with you. How late of a RSVP do you need?
Wid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #41
Argante
Avalon Senior Member

Default Kansas

Please list all Kansas locations here.
Argante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:40 AM   #42
strayslack
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wid View Post
It would be nice to meet up with you guys. I almost thought i missed it. I was glad bill and kerry sent that admin e-mail restating the mission of PA.

I was a little disheartened by some of the posts being made on the site.

I will have to look at my budget, again, it would be an honor to meet up with you. How late of a RSVP do you need?
I don't think an RSVP is important. What's important is that people are there. 6pm, 9/27, 75th Street Brewery.
Jonathan, have you checked into a back room yet?
Old 09-24-2008, 03:05 AM   #43
ja_v02

Default Re: Kansas

count me in too, thank you.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:36 AM   #44
Zealot

Hello.....Im near Wichita, left the city. Decided to take a chance to write in. Looking for like minded people who are close. A little wary of forums, but giving this one a shot. If there will be people meeting in Wichita, I might like to come and see what's-what. Been preparing for a year. Family support system. Just would like to talk and bounce ideas off others.

Hope we all can make it thru the upcoming months. Be safe ~Zealot
Old 09-24-2008, 03:59 PM   #45
jonathan Burke
Avalon Senior Member

Hello all!

I want to take a moment to impress upon everyone the necessity of getting together this weekend. I'm sorry if I'm being "serious" here, but there is quite a heavy gravity to the situation right now. Anyone that knows me would tell you I am not a SERIOUS person at all. So please take me seriously here on a little analogy for the moment.

If the economy came to a screeching halt tomorrow before our meeting and everything went hell in a hand basket, where would you be?? No plans, no on group to work with, nothing. You're on your own, right?

Second scenario, you come to the meeting, people meet each other, we codify some core issues, we have phone numbers, addresses, and starting plans galore.

Which situation sounds more confrontable???

There are only two ways you can be wrong in this physical universe of ours.

Over or under estimation of effort.

I would much rather overestimate the amount of effort in our current situation and have people of a like mind to survive with etc. myself. Not to mention the scenarios beyond that which need more data evaluation and estimation still...

How about you?

Please listen to the new George Green audio posted yesterday. If 50% of the things occur, we are in big trouble. Maybe they won't at all, but, at least we can be prepared and ready if for nothing at all.

Please attend this weekends meeting in Kansas City for yours and everyone else's sake. Sorry to be so hard core, but it gets the point across.

Thank you.

Jonathan
Old 09-24-2008, 05:22 PM   #46
strayslack
Avalon Senior Member

I cannot agree with Jonathan more strongly.

There is much need to be prudent in this situation, in other words, not overextending yourself to an extent that you've overreacted and sunk every bit of your resources into preparation, but information on convergences in the near future are coming from MANY sources that are (seemingly) not connected. I think these warnings are difficult to ignore. The economic and military spheres are heading toward major events, even if you intuit the situation from a mainstream media perspective (perish the thought).

I think one can apply Pascal's wager to this situation. Look it up if you are unfamiliar with the concept.

Plus, who doesn't like breweries, right?
Old 09-26-2008, 03:06 PM   #47
jonathan Burke
Avalon Senior Member

Everything is a go for our meeting in KC on Saturday at the 75th Street brewery.

Please let me know if anyone on the thread is attending. I don't think you will be disappointed in your expense of time or gas to attend this meeting.

Please make it if you can.

Jonathan
Old 09-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #48
Blufire77
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: Kansas

Jonathan,

I most definitely will be there. My husband is coming also . . . . surprised me quite a bit when he asked me if it would be okay for him to come too. Maybe he is beginning to wake up.

I may have a couple other people coming.

So add 2 warm bodies to the count!

peace
Old 09-27-2008, 03:45 AM   #49
jonathan Burke
Avalon Senior Member

FYI.

The meeting at the 75th Street Brewery will be held upstairs in the Nest.

Here is a description:

The Nest gives you and your guests a birds-eye view of the brewery from our indoor "balcony." It accommodates up to 25 for a sit-down meal or up to 30 for a casual cocktail party. The Nest is the perfect place for a business luncheon or a birthday party.

Here's their web site for more details....

http://www.75thstreet.com/

See you tomorrow night...

Jonathan
Old 09-30-2008, 01:33 PM   #50
Wid
Avalon Senior Member

Hey guys,

To those who went to the meeting this past weekend, how did everything go?

was it or or or ? I really wish I could have been there, I hope friendship and positive information was sparked in conversation!
Wid is offline   Reply With Quote